Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2013, 06:00 AM   #571
sgc1107
sgc1107

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof1gr8girl View Post

Not really sure yet. I know there are character calls that you can set up. We are flying down on Friday so I thought maybe Friday night we could schedule a call and then she would know. I don't know though.

I'm really overwhelmed frankly because I don't know anything about cruising and since this is a surprise I'm trying to hide all my emailing and searching online. Plus she's homeschooled so I can't do it when she is at school. Right now she's unloading the dishwasher so I jumped back on here.
I would wait until you pull up to the ship! And make sure your record it! Go to YouTube (if you can find time) and search disney cruise reveal! I love watching the kids reaction!

sgc1107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:19 AM   #572
Shelby109
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgc1107 View Post

I would wait until you pull up to the ship! And make sure your record it! Go to YouTube (if you can find time) and search disney cruise reveal! I love watching the kids reaction!
Fun! Yea, maybe tell her that you are going to do a quick detour to see the Space Shuttle (maybe as part of your homeschool. Curriculum)... And then go to port
Shelby109 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2013, 11:28 AM   #573
mordecai
Mouseketeer

Yay! More home schoolers! We have the best "field trips"

There are a bunch of threads that I've collected that have some great tips on cruising for the first time. I can send them to you. The best way tho is to probably ask questions on our Facebook page.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:51 AM   #574
momof1gr8girl
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordecai View Post
Yay! More home schoolers! We have the best "field trips"

There are a bunch of threads that I've collected that have some great tips on cruising for the first time. I can send them to you. The best way tho is to probably ask questions on our Facebook page.
FB page?

I can't reveal at the dock because we are taking the bus from the airport to the ship. I wonder if I can cancel that?
momof1gr8girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 01:34 PM   #575
sgc1107
sgc1107

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof1gr8girl View Post

FB page?

I can't reveal at the dock because we are taking the bus from the airport to the ship. I wonder if I can cancel that?
Go back some pages, there's a link to this group on Facebook. I'd post it but I can't get the link from mobile version.

I bet you could cancel the transfers.

Old 08-23-2013, 01:58 PM   #576
Grehg
Earning My Ears

Last night we book our spot for this cruise. My wife is a CM and this cruise had a CM discount, which made this nearly last minute vacation option a possibility. Our last cruise was on the Dream during it's inaugural month (WDW Radio cruise 1.0). We are very excited to experience the Fantasy and for a longer period of time, the 4 day cruise went by way too quickly.

My name is Greg (36 turning 37 on Oct 3rd) and my wife is Missy (32). Joining us is our 9 year old son Breyton and 6 year old daughter Marin. I just put in a request to join the Facebook group.

Just finished reading through the entire thread. Got excited about doing the FE, then saw it close as I kept reading.

2003: Oct (CBR)
2004: Nov (Pop)
2005: Oct (CSR)
2006: Mar (Paris, Off Site) Disneyland Paris
2007: Feb (Contemporary)
2008: Mar (Disneyland Hotel), Sept (Pop), Dec (Riverside/Grand Floridian)
2009: Feb (Paradise Pier), Oct (CBR)
2010: Feb (Grand Californian), Oct (Music)
2011: Feb (Pop/Disney Dream/French Quarter), June (Pop), Oct (Poly)
2012: Feb (Kidani Village), Jun (Saratoga Springs), July (Saratoga Springs, Old Key West, Kidani Village), Relocated to Orlando, Nov (Bay Lake Tower)
2013: May (Kidani Village), Sept (Disney Fantasy)

Last edited by Grehg; 08-23-2013 at 03:07 PM.
Grehg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 05:55 PM   #577
momof1gr8girl
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgc1107 View Post

Go back some pages, there's a link to this group on Facebook. I'd post it but I can't get the link from mobile version.

I bet you could cancel the transfers.
Found it & requested an add. Thanks.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:57 PM   #578
momof1gr8girl
Earning My Ears

How dressy do people really get for dinner on the formal & semi formal nights? Don't want to have to buy a pageant dress.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:59 AM   #579
BajAndy
Earning My Ears

New to DCL

Hey, all!! My hubby and I just booked our first cruise with DCL!!! I've been on one cruise before with a different cruise line and this will be my husband's first cruise ever!!! We are so excited!!! Just requested to join the facebook page.

We have two kids which we will not be bringing. I feel bad! But this will be my husband's and my first vacation with just the two of us since our honeymoon 5.5 years ago. So it's much needed and deserved!! I figure, we can "test" the cruise and will know the best things to do with our kids when we book our next (because I'm sure we will do this again!!).
BajAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:21 AM   #580
BajAndy
Earning My Ears

Car Pool?

Hey everyone. We are traveling from the Disney/Kissimmee area day of the cruise and driving down. Does anyone want to car pool with us and split the costs of gas/parking. WARNING it will be a VERY Early Start. Im aiming to get to the port at 10! just because im too excited to wait at home!
BajAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:27 AM   #581
sgc1107
sgc1107

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajAndy View Post
Hey, all!! My hubby and I just booked our first cruise with DCL!!! I've been on one cruise before with a different cruise line and this will be my husband's first cruise ever!!! We are so excited!!! Just requested to join the facebook page.

We have two kids which we will not be bringing. I feel bad! But this will be my husband's and my first vacation with just the two of us since our honeymoon 5.5 years ago. So it's much needed and deserved!! I figure, we can "test" the cruise and will know the best things to do with our kids when we book our next (because I'm sure we will do this again!!).
Hello Baja & Andy! Welcome, we have a great group! I've just added you to the FB group! Feel free to ask questions here or on FB, there's lots of helpful & knowledgeable people in our group!

Old 08-24-2013, 08:37 AM   #582
nascarchic
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajAndy View Post
Hey everyone. We are traveling from the Disney/Kissimmee area day of the cruise and driving down. Does anyone want to car pool with us and split the costs of gas/parking. WARNING it will be a VERY Early Start. Im aiming to get to the port at 10! just because im too excited to wait at home!
Just to let you know, if you get to the port too early (before the time you chose when you did your online check-in) they may not let you in the terminal building. Also, the terminal does not open until 11:00.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:58 AM   #583
sgc1107
sgc1107

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarchic View Post

Just to let you know, if you get to the port too early (before the time you chose when you did your online check-in) they may not let you in the terminal building. Also, the terminal does not open until 11:00.
Our shuttle (from our hotel) got us there at about 10:30ish we were about 10th in line and we had to wait. So this is correct.

Old 08-24-2013, 11:53 AM   #584
tammieshaiq
Earning My Ears

Tammie

Hello everyone, I just wanted to let everyone know that I am starting up a new FE group. If anyone wants to join in let me know.
I will need the names of the people in your room, ages, and interests. Oh and also your room numbers. And an email address. I will send the final list to everyone's email address. I am not sure when the cut off day should be yet. We will see how much participation we have.
I don't have 10 posts yet so it wouldn't let me put my email address on here, so I will try and keep an eye on this site so I don't miss anyone.
tammieshaiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 02:09 PM   #585
SueTravelsWithKids
Earning My Ears

Hello everyone. We are also on this cruise. Can a hone tell me if I just go to the Facebook page and click 'join?' I'm not a big Facebook person so I'm not sure I'm doing this. Also, has anyone on this particular sailing with a gty room type been assigned? We have two gty cabins booked and am hoping we may get adjoining. There are 5 in our group-me, mu hubby, and 3 little boys.
SueTravelsWithKids is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: