Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2013, 07:51 AM   #556
tinyteen19401
Mouseketeer

My family is a young family. We don't plan on doing much. Maybe get off the ship and walk around. Anyone with young kids wish to hang out? Let the kids play together? Carter will be 23 months and Isabel will be 5 years.
tinyteen19401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 01:50 PM   #557
Cheermm
OMG - I love Disney!!!

You are NOT the seniors! DH is 51 - I'm 47 like you! LOL No kids coming either!
Cheermm is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2013, 01:53 PM   #558
Cheermm
OMG - I love Disney!!!

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgc1107 View Post
Okay there is a group of us meeting at 6 AM at the family pool on grand Cayman day (thats monday the 30th) to get some morning sunrise photos if anyone would like to join us. Rain day will be CC day.
I'll be there!!!
Cheermm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 07:28 PM   #559
perfectmatch300
United We Stand
Will ride anything with "roller coaster" in the name!

Quote:
Here's a list of events we've created:

Boarding day meet & greet-

3pm in the main lobby. The area straight ahead from where you walk on the ship. OR (sometimes there is a display there) you can find us behind the staircase! No one has to stay long it's just so we cal all put faces with names.

GC morning (monday) Sunrise photo shoot-

6am meet on the upper deck by the family pool. Backup weather plan is CC morning look at navigator for sunrise time. Show up 15min before, same location.

costa Maya day-

Those of you not doing anything are welcome to join a group of us (theres about 6/7 families) heading to tropicante to enjoy a day of beach, sun & great food. I suggest contacting them to reserve lounge chairs as no cost! You can find more info online about this place.

Mixology class-

So far fully booked taking names for a wait list. Details are still unknown about day and time.

FE group-

At this time it's closed. List has been generated and sent out, gifts are being made.

Can't wait to meet you all! In 6 weeks we will all be fighting sleep at this time because we will be so excited!
Thanks for the list, sgc1107. I've made a note of the meet time on embarkation day. We should be able to be there. We would like to get to meet some of you.

We are doing the Mayan Wind Catamaran sail & snorkel in Costa Maya. I had thought about Tropicante, but ultimately decided on the catamaran tour. Tropicante does sound like it will be fun for those of you who are going there.

We are non-drinkers, so no Mixology for us. I'm sure those of you who are going will have a great time!

I watched the Fantasy sail on the PC Webcam today. Hope the people who were on our balcony are enjoying their cruise. Sure was wishing it was us!
Old 08-17-2013, 09:56 PM   #560
disneysailor
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheermm View Post
You are NOT the seniors! DH is 51 - I'm 47 like you! LOL No kids coming either!
Glad to hear it!
disneysailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:12 PM   #561
RobCherX3
Earning My Ears

Newbie - first Disney Cruise, new to the site...

So excited to be going on our first Disney Cruise with you all! We are traveling with my DH & I and our 10 year old triplets (girl, boy, girl). We're from San Diego. Also onboard will be my inlaws, my DH sister, hubby & their 4 kids (9, 7, 6, 4) who are meeting us from Illinois.

I am overwhelmed with all the details of wanting to be in the 'cool kids' club of being in the know onboard...but don't know what I should know/ask about - so any 'tips' of things I should be booking, plan for, etc. is welcome.

QUESTION - are you allowed to pack your own 'floatation' blow-up rafts/tubes to be used at Castaway Cay? I thought it'd save us money to bring our own blow-ups instead of $6 a piece...but don't know if that's allowed.

Thanks!
Cheryl Shields

Running my first Disney half-marathon on Sept 1st!!!
Disney Cruise Sept. 26th!
Family Disney Tinkerbell Run - 5K - Jan. 17th

and was a Disneyland employee in the early 90's
RobCherX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:06 PM   #562
uftw24
Earning My Ears

We just booked this cruise this weekend. So excited. Will be myself (36), my wife (turning 35 on first day) and our daughter (will be 4 1/2 by sailing time). I plan on joining the Facebook page as well (Troy).
uftw24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:07 PM   #563
uftw24
Earning My Ears

And we are from the Orlando area.
uftw24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:07 PM   #564
sgc1107
sgc1107

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobCherX3 View Post
So excited to be going on our first Disney Cruise with you all! We are traveling with my DH & I and our 10 year old triplets (girl, boy, girl). We're from San Diego. Also onboard will be my inlaws, my DH sister, hubby & their 4 kids (9, 7, 6, 4) who are meeting us from Illinois.

I am overwhelmed with all the details of wanting to be in the 'cool kids' club of being in the know onboard...but don't know what I should know/ask about - so any 'tips' of things I should be booking, plan for, etc. is welcome.

QUESTION - are you allowed to pack your own 'floatation' blow-up rafts/tubes to be used at Castaway Cay? I thought it'd save us money to bring our own blow-ups instead of $6 a piece...but don't know if that's allowed.

Thanks!
Cheryl Shields

Running my first Disney half-marathon on Sept 1st!!!
Disney Cruise Sept. 26th!
Family Disney Tinkerbell Run - 5K - Jan. 17th

and was a Disneyland employee in the early 90's
Hello & welcome! You've picked a great cruise! Our group is full of helpful & nice veteran and new cruisers! No question is stupid, we've all been in your shoes!

We do have a Facebook page too. The link is back a bit in the posts. I'd post it again but not sure how to get the link from the mobile version. There seems to be more talking going on over there but we do discuss important stuff here as well.

As for the floats I don't think you can, I vaguely remember reading somewhere you can't. People do bring their own beach toys for kids. I may be wrong, you could do a search on disboards.

I highly suggest doing lots of reading on dis (remember to read out thread from page 1 too) there's tons of tips & tricks on here! We're also here to help answer any questions! Again, welcome to the group!

sgc1107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 10:08 PM   #565
sgc1107
sgc1107

Quote:
Originally Posted by uftw24 View Post
We just booked this cruise this weekend. So excited. Will be myself (36), my wife (turning 35 on first day) and our daughter (will be 4 1/2 by sailing time). I plan on joining the Facebook page as well (Troy).
Hello & welcome!!!

Old 08-21-2013, 08:19 AM   #566
mordecai
Mouseketeer

You can bring some small beach toys (plastic buckets, shovels, etc) but you are not allowed to bring inflatables on board. I've heard of some people that were able to bring them anyway (through ignorance I suppose) but you run the risk of these items being confiscated.

If you're doing all that running, you might want to plan on running the 5k on Castaway Cay. It's free!
Old 08-21-2013, 05:55 PM   #567
momof1gr8girl
Earning My Ears

First Time Cruisers

We just booked this yesterday. Spur of the moment decision. I'm so excited. We are going to surprise our daughter who will be turning 13 on 10/1. She thinks we are going to Orlando to tag along on one of my husband's business trips and to celebrate her birthday while we are there. Came here to look for cruising tips and found the meet board.
momof1gr8girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:31 PM   #568
sgc1107
sgc1107

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof1gr8girl View Post
We just booked this yesterday. Spur of the moment decision. I'm so excited. We are going to surprise our daughter who will be turning 13 on 10/1. She thinks we are going to Orlando to tag along on one of my husband's business trips and to celebrate her birthday while we are there. Came here to look for cruising tips and found the meet board.
Hello & welcome!!! How exciting! How do you plan to tell her?

Old 08-21-2013, 07:04 PM   #569
momof1gr8girl
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Hello & welcome!!! How exciting! How do you plan to tell her?
Not really sure yet. I know there are character calls that you can set up. We are flying down on Friday so I thought maybe Friday night we could schedule a call and then she would know. I don't know though.

I'm really overwhelmed frankly because I don't know anything about cruising and since this is a surprise I'm trying to hide all my emailing and searching online. Plus she's homeschooled so I can't do it when she is at school. Right now she's unloading the dishwasher so I jumped back on here.
momof1gr8girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:27 PM   #570
disneysailor
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobCherX3 View Post

I am overwhelmed with all the details of wanting to be in the 'cool kids' club of being in the know onboard...but don't know what I should know/ask about - so any 'tips' of things I should be booking, plan for, etc.
Welcome to all the new cruisers! I think the best advice is the advice that is given so often - don't expect or try to fit everything in! Of course, on the other hand, it's a lot of fun to spend each night with your highlighters selecting some nice activities for the following day. You might even want to bring different color highlighters for adult activities, children's activities, etc. Another thing is to not be too disappointed if you're children want to spend all their time in the kid's clubs or if they want to spend hardly any time at all. We've had it go both ways. No matter what, I'm sure you'll make memories to last a lifetime!
disneysailor is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: