Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2013, 08:31 PM   #541
sgc1107
sgc1107

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneysailor View Post
Hi all! We just book this cruise on Friday! Seems like we will be the seniors in the group! Although I'm feeling somewhat guilty, DH (47) and myself (the same plus one month) will be taking our third Disney cruise, but our first without the kids! We have also done Carnival, Royal Caribbean and Norwegian. I usually like to plan, plan, plan, but as you can see, this was a somewhat last minute decision so I have a lot of catching up to do! I did just finish reading through this thread; seems like we'll be sharing the ship with a great group of people! I look forward to meeting some of you on board!
Hello & welcome!!

sgc1107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:25 AM   #542
patches4me
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgc1107 View Post
Hello & welcome!!
Welcome! I think we have you beat as the "seniors"
We a group of 12...youngest is 61, oldest is 75, and we're all celebrating birthdays (2@65) and 40&47 yr wedding anniversaries
patches4me is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-12-2013, 04:32 PM   #543
disneysailor
Mouseketeer

Great that you're bringing your own party! We won't be celebrating any birthdays on board but we are celebrating our 26th wedding anniversary! Thank you for the welcomes here and on the Facebook page!

Looking forward to the chance to wear my tropical Minnie dress again surrounded by others who can understand why a "woman of a certain age" would want to wear a Minnie Mouse dress!
disneysailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:04 PM   #544
disneysailor
Mouseketeer

Sorry if I missed this, but can someone tell me if we'll have the Halloween dress up night and still have pirate night? I don't think I can fit all this stuff in my suitcase, especially with our snorkel gear!
disneysailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 02:56 PM   #545
nascarchic
Earning My Ears

Hey everyone we just recently booked this cruise. Check out the video for the Cozumel Bar Hop. We signed up for it and hope others will as well. We need at least 6 people for it to take place.
Just Google Cozumel Bar Hop and it should give you a link to the video
Old 08-14-2013, 02:58 PM   #546
nascarchic
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyteen19401 View Post
Welcome to the family! How many are in your group?
There are just 2 of us.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:07 PM   #547
mordecai
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Sorry if I missed this, but can someone tell me if we'll have the Halloween dress up night and still have pirate night? I don't think I can fit all this stuff in my suitcase, especially with our snorkel gear!
We will have both. Good luck packing!
Old 08-14-2013, 06:53 PM   #548
sgc1107
sgc1107

Quote:
You should of gotten an email, but maybe because of the recent booking you wouldn't get it. You could call DCL and ask them to send it to you. It was all about the Halloween stuff.

Old 08-14-2013, 06:53 PM   #549
sgc1107
sgc1107

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarchic View Post
Hey everyone we just recently booked this cruise. Check out the video for the Cozumel Bar Hop. We signed up for it and hope others will as well. We need at least 6 people for it to take place.
Just Google Cozumel Bar Hop and it should give you a link to the video
Hello & welcome

Old 08-15-2013, 03:34 PM   #550
tammieshaiq
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgc1107 View Post
Your welcome! Looks like so far only one change left to fix (besides the GTY rooms!)!

Hi,
We just booked our cruise. Obviously very last minute, but very very excited. We are VGT. I would really love to join the FE. I hope it isn't to late and I hope I am sending this to the right person.
My name is Tammie
Please let me know.
thanks,
tammie
tammieshaiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:26 AM   #551
sgc1107
sgc1107

There's a few of us on the Facebook page that have decided to meet early one morning to take some pictures of the sunrise. I wanted to extend the invite to the entire dis meet Because I know some of you are not on Facebook. Is there anyone who's not on Facebook that interested So I can fill you in! There's a lot of talking going on about it on Facebook.

Old 08-16-2013, 12:08 PM   #552
sgc1107
sgc1107

Okay there is a group of us meeting at 6 AM at the family pool on grand Cayman day (thats monday the 30th) to get some morning sunrise photos if anyone would like to join us. Rain day will be CC day.

Old 08-16-2013, 07:47 PM   #553
perfectmatch300
United We Stand
Will ride anything with "roller coaster" in the name!

Quote:
Hi all! We just book this cruise on Friday! Seems like we will be the seniors in the group! Although I'm feeling somewhat guilty, DH (47) and myself (the same plus one month) will be taking our third Disney cruise, but our first without the kids! We have also done Carnival, Royal Caribbean and Norwegian. I usually like to plan, plan, plan, but as you can see, this was a somewhat last minute decision so I have a lot of catching up to do! I did just finish reading through this thread; seems like we'll be sharing the ship with a great group of people! I look forward to meeting some of you on board!
Ah, more youngsters joining the group! Welcome! to all who just joined the group! Glad to have you here.

Disneysailor, I get you about the planning. We did a last minute cruise on Princess this past April. Once we booked I went into planning mode full blast! Talk about OCD! Almost drove DH and most of our friends crazy!

Patches4me, we are right in the middle of your age group. We are celebrating an anniversary, but it's only 13 yrs for us. Our actual anniversary is Sept 12. We will be celebrating that day in MK!

SGC1107, thanks for checking in. I feel like I am missing a lot because I don't choose to go on Facebook, and not many others do seem to come here. I doubt you'll see me at 6AM for the sunrise photo meet as I am totally not a morning person. Maybe DH will want to take an early walk. I think you said that there is a meet on embarkation day. We will probably try to make that one.

Nascarchic, we will be ziplining in Cozumel with Fly High Adventures, then going to the El Cid for some beach/pool/snorkeling time. The El Cid stop is included with our zipline tour. I understand the snorkeling is pretty good there. It should be a nice place to hang out for a few hours after we are done with the ziplines. Hope you get some more people for your Bar Hop tour. From what I've heard about it, seems to be a lot of fun.

We got our CRUISE DOCS today! That means we're getting really close now!
Old 08-16-2013, 10:14 PM   #554
sgc1107
sgc1107

Here's a list of events we've created:

Boarding day meet & greet-

3pm in the main lobby. The area straight ahead from where you walk on the ship. OR (sometimes there is a display there) you can find us behind the staircase! No one has to stay long it's just so we cal all put faces with names.

GC morning (monday) Sunrise photo shoot-

6am meet on the upper deck by the family pool. Backup weather plan is CC morning look at navigator for sunrise time. Show up 15min before, same location.

costa Maya day-

Those of you not doing anything are welcome to join a group of us (theres about 6/7 families) heading to tropicante to enjoy a day of beach, sun & great food. I suggest contacting them to reserve lounge chairs as no cost! You can find more info online about this place.

Mixology class-

So far fully booked taking names for a wait list. Details are still unknown about day and time.

FE group-

At this time it's closed. List has been generated and sent out, gifts are being made.

Can't wait to meet you all! In 6 weeks we will all be fighting sleep at this time because we will be so excited!

Old 08-16-2013, 10:44 PM   #555
sgc1107
sgc1107

FE group check you emails please!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: