Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2011, 08:33 PM   #1
connie1042
DIS Veteran

I got my 40th Anniversary shirt today

I received mine today. I am happy with it. At least I got something that says I was aware of the 40th Anniversary. Anyone else get theirs today?
connie1042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:36 PM   #2
k5jmh

DIS Tech Talk Guru
Ask me about Alpaca poop!
I want to pour that Sauce all over my body

Quote:
Originally Posted by connie1042 View Post
I received mine today. I am happy with it. At least I got something that says I was aware of the 40th Anniversary. Anyone else get theirs today?
Got mine Monday. I am happy that I got one, but the quality is AWFUL! Very thin material.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:45 PM   #3
kcb1dizbksfan
Mouseketeer

Room for One More - Haunted Mansion Merchandising event (40th Anniversary Shirt)

I saw and felt the material of the 40th anniversary shirt at the Haunted Mansion event at the Contemporary around a month ago.

By far, in my opinion, the material was woefully inadequate. The material used in this shirt was razor thin and I could just envision it potentially shrinking and just not holding up after continued use.

I am so glad I did not purchase the shirt.
kcb1dizbksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:04 AM   #4
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k5jmh View Post
Got mine Monday. I am happy that I got one, but the quality is AWFUL! Very thin material.
I received mine on Monday as well. You are correct, the quality of the shirt is dismal. Also the shirt I ordered is blue print on a black shirt so you really can't see what's printed on the shirt. Also, no date of the event - 10/1/2011.

I received a survery from the Disney Store asking me to rate my shopping experience. I did tell them that I was not happy about the quality of the shirt. Probably will not make any difference.

crazy4wdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:02 AM   #5
k5jmh

DIS Tech Talk Guru
Ask me about Alpaca poop!
I want to pour that Sauce all over my body

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4wdw View Post
I received mine on Monday as well. You are correct, the quality of the shirt is dismal. Also the shirt I ordered is blue print on a black shirt so you really can't see what's printed on the shirt. Also, no date of the event - 10/1/2011.

I received a survery from the Disney Store asking me to rate my shopping experience. I did tell them that I was not happy about the quality of the shirt. Probably will not make any difference.
It took me 4 times on their website/app to try an order the shirt. Finally, I had the order in, the site was processing my card and their system popped up with "call Customer Service to complete your order." Which, in fact, was not to complete the order, but place it over the phone! Grrrr.

Last edited by k5jmh; 10-28-2011 at 08:39 AM.
k5jmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:11 AM   #6
Cherinva
Co-Host of the Va. DIS Meet and avid pin collector

I was there in September and I got a pin...that's enough for me.....and since you all seemed displeased with your shirts, I won't order one.

Don't let yesterday use up too much of todayºoº
Cherinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 09:01 AM   #7
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4wdw View Post

You never know. I answered one of those surveys that I was not happy with the service (after 2 tries, they still did not send me the correct item.) I got a personal call from someone with the Disney Store. It turned out they didn't have the item any more (an embossed ABD leather picture frame) and they said I could keep the wrong item (a non-embossed leather picture frame) and they gave me a refund and a store credit for my trouble. I was pretty satisfied with the resolution. (I'd've been happier if they'd actually got me the item, but what can you do?)

Anyway, people *do* look at those surveys. I wouldn't be surprised if something did come of it.

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 11:05 AM   #8
safetymom
Have will travel
ABD trips = clothes optional

I got mine too. I am not impressed with the quality of the shirts. I have a vast collection of Disney shirts and this is the cheapest quality shirt by far.
safetymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 07:30 AM   #9
keholman15
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by connie1042 View Post
Congrats! you are lucky man, I did not get mine
keholman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 12:08 PM   #10
PeterPan09
bury my iPod with me, on shuffle, with headphones in my ears

I don't like the new trend in t-shirts. It's not just Disney, it's all over. I have shirts from 5-10 years ago that are still in great shape and fit well, yet shirts I bought in the last year are already out of shape and aren't cut as nicely. Mediums from 5-10 years ago fit, now I have to buy a large.

Glad I didn't buy one of these.
PeterPan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 12:21 PM   #11
carrie1626
DIS Veteran

Geez.............my first thought was "this is beautiful".

My sister and I both just got ours this week since we leave in 2 days and it's her 40th b day on Fri next week I'll probably wear a white tank under it but not too worried about this thinness of the material because after this vacation it will sit in a drawer until my next vacation so it won't be worn very often.
2000 NOV Polynesian 2001 OCT AS Music 2002 AUG Grosvenor DD 2003 AUG DoubleTree DD 2004 NOV Port Orleans French Quarter 2006 NOV POP Century 2010 AUG Animal KingdomLodge 2011 NOV Animal Kingdom Lodge 2012 NOV HGVC Internat'l Dr 25th Anniversary trip 2013 DEC Pop/CBR next trip not soon enough
carrie1626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 03:51 PM   #12
kbelle8995
DIS Veteran

Red face

I wondering if any of you have returned the t-shirt because the quality is so bad?

Why reward Disney for producing a product of such bad quality? They can have good quality products it cost just as much to make t-shirts of good quality as bad. It's a shame.
kbelle8995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:23 AM   #13
MonkeyPants
DIS Veteran

Never recieved mine. I ordered the first monring it was available. 12 days ago I got an email that it had shipped. Was down at Disney just the other week so completely forgot about it. Realized yesterday that I still hadnt recieved it. Checked the tracking info and there was nothing connected with the number they had sent me. I notified them and teir response was 'sorry we sold out'

you sold out but sent me a shipped notification?? horrible customer service. Pisses me off, but hearing the quality of the shirt I guess getting a refund is better then giving them 30 for a crappy quality shirt.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:45 AM   #14
mikelan6
World Traveler, Usually Optimistic

I have not bought a Disney t-shirt in years. Some of the designs are cute, but I am not spending $25-$30 on something I will wear once.

Shame on you, Disney!
Old 11-02-2011, 09:02 PM   #15
hintofspy
Mouseketeer

MonkeyPants, I'd call back to the Disney Store. I had the same issue with my women's shirt (received tracking info, but it matched to nothing, and still no shirt), and they finally found that package and rerouted it to me (got here today... a month after ordering it, awesome!!). The men's shirt I ordered never even sent a number to me, and got that one sent to me yesterday, to arrive within 8-10 days.
hintofspy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: