DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2011, 09:15 PM   #16
Clemson Fan
Earning My Ears

Just at AKV and SSR and it worked well.

It certainly took DVC long enough to implement it. I'm a long time Marriott TS owner and user and they've had free WiFi for many years.
Clemson Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 11:47 PM   #17
makthompson
Mouseketeer

we used it at SSR this summer and no problems. Greatest part was it was free : )
WDW June 2011:St Louis Zoo 2010:SF Bay Area 2009Disneyland,LasVegas,Denver,San Francisco May - June 2008Disneyland June 2007 WDW Feb 2005 [COLOR="Magenta"]WDW June 2004[/COLORDisneyland 2001-3WDW 2001Hawaii 1995Puerto Vallarta Nov 1992:Disneyland1973-2000:
makthompson is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-29-2011, 08:32 AM   #18
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

The following is now posted on the Members' Website:

Disney Vacation Club® Resorts add Wi-Fi

Guest rooms at select Walt Disney World® Resort hotels, including all Disney Vacation Club Villas, now offer wireless Internet access for Members and Guests at no additional cost.

Wireless access previously debuted at Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort and Disney's Vero Beach Resort. That service continues to be available to Members at no additional cost.

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 09:20 AM   #19
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

We just got back from OKW and it worked great. At times, we had 2 laptops and and IPod going and it may slowdown a bit, but still worked.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:40 PM   #20
hope3702
Mouseketeer

Wifi?

Wait...I am leaving Friday and from what I'm reading here I can leave my wireless router home??? I didn't know this. I'm staying at Kidani. Can someone please confirm that Kidani has wifi.
hope3702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:46 PM   #21
Mommb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope3702 View Post
Wait...I am leaving Friday and from what I'm reading here I can leave my wireless router home??? I didn't know this. I'm staying at Kidani. Can someone please confirm that Kidani has wifi.
Yes, according to the DVC member website, all DVC resorts now have free WiFi in the rooms.
Mommb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:04 AM   #22
KiKi Mouse
DIS Veteran

YES they do. We were at Kidani a couple of weeks ago.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:07 AM   #23
WolfpackFan
Retired and loving every minute of it!!

I am at OKW right now and using it. It works great. I've got my laptop, iPad and two iPhones connected with no problems at all.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:18 AM   #24
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

Used it at the BWV from Oct. 15-29, 2 different rooms, and it worked great every time I used it. I had my router with me, but never tried to check to see if that still works. I did see it posted on the DVC website now too.

n2mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:28 AM   #25
JWG
DIS Veteran

Has anyone confirmed if this is still a pilot or if it's permanent? I get the notice they were testing free wifi through Thanksgiving or just before but not that it was there to stay. At least not for free.

Also, the wireless is subject to more stringent filters than wired. My wife was trying to surf the gossip rag sites on wireless and one of them was blocked by the Disney filter. Not blocked if wired.

JWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:31 PM   #26
WilsonFlyer

DIS Veteran

I'd still like to now if the wired connections are staying in place. I read something above that leads me to believe they may not be. That's bad. I have no desire to operate my work equipment at Disney on a public Wi-Fi. I'd much prefer to run my own secure Wi-Fi network on my own access point/FW but bridging wireless to wireless is much more of a challenge that wired to wireless. I can do it. I just don't want to have to drag what I'd need down there to do it with.

Wonder how we could get a firm answer to this question?
WilsonFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:54 PM   #27
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonFlyer View Post
I'd still like to now if the wired connections are staying in place. I read something above that leads me to believe they may not be. That's bad. I have no desire to operate my work equipment at Disney on a public Wi-Fi. I'd much prefer to run my own secure Wi-Fi network on my own access point/FW but bridging wireless to wireless is much more of a challenge that wired to wireless. I can do it. I just don't want to have to drag what I'd need down there to do it with.

Wonder how we could get a firm answer to this question?
Have you tried emailing Member Satisfaction? If you do, you'll probably need to ask very specific questions.

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:03 PM   #28
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

We had it in our treehouse this past weekend. What is not available is wifi in the checkin building at SSR.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:34 PM   #29
Skatetigger
Mouseketeer

I was there the first week at BWV and ours seemed to be ok but ended up using DH's phone tether as it seemed to work better. I found at night it seemed to be a bit slower but it could have been cause it was the first week.

I tried it at THV and didn't have much success so stuck with hardwire internet connection when DH used his bandwidth .

I think it probably depends on how close you are to hot spot just like any hotel with wifi.
Skatetigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 02:27 PM   #30
BobNed

Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
We had it in our treehouse this past weekend. What is not available is wifi in the checkin building at SSR.
We were in 7023 last week. When we could see it, there was barely one bar. Most of the week we couldn't see it. We just used the wired connection and the router we keep in our Owner's Locker.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: