Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2012, 06:33 PM   #1
DramaGeek
Earning My Ears

"Just" Back and very mini tr

We "just" got back from a trip around the world which included 5 days at WDW from dec 29 - Jan 3 and a day a DLRP on Jan 16.
I thought I'd post a few observations and questions.

This was our first trip to WDW and we absolutely loved it!! Although I had previously been to DLRP with my mum when I was 16, DFH had never been to a Disney Park. I wasn't sure he would love it like I knew i would but as you can see in my sig we are already planning our next trip to both WDW and DLR!!

We stayed at the Dolphin, which was great. The boats to Epcot and DHS made things so much easier (the busses weren't horrible except for one night getting back from MK)

Since we didn't have a lot of time and New Years is a very busy time I made a must do list as suggested. Let's just say we got to cover our entire list twice and then go back and cover things we thought we wouldn't be able to get done (including 95% of MK). The entire 5 days we only waited a max of 25 min (for Everest). From the way people on the boards talk and on other disney blogs and sites I follow I was shocked that this was achievable. We only made RD once on 30th Dec at MK. We watched holiday wishes and the NYE preview fireworks and both were fantastic.

So my first question, are we the exception or the rule? Has anyone had a similar experience in the past around this time of year or had the exact opposite happen?

Our absolute favourite park is MK and surprisingly, to us, our least favourite was DHS even though we loved RnRC and ToT. The park felt like an afterthought and the theming felt really disjointed, if at all present. It's still one of our favourite amusement parks but it just felt less "Disney" to us.

Second question, do others have similar sentiments or have we missed something about DHS?

We ate at quite a few TS restaurants including Ohana, Cali Grill, Artist Point and CP for breakfast. We loved all of them, but the one that got the return vote was Ohana. We had lovely service everywhere. And overall CM's at the park were great.

If anyone has any questions about anything I'm more than happy to answer (my family is getting tired of the Disney talk already :P )

We found DLRP to be beautifully themed and detailed but really lack the heart and magic that we felt at WDW. We really enjoyed doing the rides there that don't have WDW equivalencies.

Third question, has anyone else felt that DLRP just seems to be missing "something"?

One last thing, we used both TP and easyWDW to plan our trip and found that easyWDW was right on the money and TP was pretty off... has anyone else had this happen? Side note: we love the lines app and found it to be really useful

Thanks for letting me share about our amazing first trip
Disneyland Resort - Nov 2013 (1 day)

Upcoming
Walt Disney World - Sept 2014 (8 days)
Disneyland Resort - Oct 2014 (3 days)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: