Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2011, 06:27 AM   #1
DawnM
Dawn

Cypress Pointe questions

We have booked this resort for a 2 week stay.

However, here is our dilemma. We have booked a 3 bedroom for the first week and a 2 bedroom for the 2nd week (all that was available on the booking website, NOT the resort website but the booking with our vouchers.)

Anyway, is this a lock off place where we could use the entire thing the first week but just move all our stuff over to the 2 bedroom side for the 2nd week or will we be looking at a full move to a new place?

If it is a not a lock off I will call and ask if we can get a 2 bedroom the entire stay or pay the difference the 2nd week and get the 3 bedroom.

We really, really don't want to have to move.

Thanks,

Dawn

living with 4 boys (dh included)
DawnM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 08:13 AM   #2
greenclan67
Callie35

When we stayed at the Cypress Pointe Resort (not Grand Villas) We did the same thing! My sister and her hubby joined us for 4 days I believe. So for those days we had the 3 rooms then went back to 2! I am sure if you call and notify them of this, then they will keep them in the same one! We have stayed here the last few years, and are trying another resort that Diamond just bought! Mystic Dunes, and we are hoping we didn't make a mistake by changing, because we like everything about Cypress Pointe, size of rooms, location cant be beat! Have fun!

ME DH DD (12): DD We love good times!
2012 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 13 days
2011 Cypress Pointe Grande Villas 12 days
2010 Cypress Pointe Resort 12 days
2009 Bonnett Creek 8 days
2008 Solano Resort 8 days
greenclan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-26-2011, 08:59 AM   #3
DawnM
Dawn

Is Grand Villas different? I called them and they told me it was the same resort.

Dawn

Old 10-26-2011, 11:26 AM   #4
greenclan67
Callie35

It is all the same resort and you can use the pools at both, but I think they are ran by a different board of directors! If that makes any sense! I am not sure how the 3 bdrm lock off works there. Does it say on your ressie what side you are on?

Old 10-26-2011, 06:13 PM   #5
DawnM
Dawn

CRAP. I have one week at one and one week at the other. I even called and they told me it was the same place. I guess they meant the same complex.

I DO NOT want to move in the middle of my stay.

Dawn

Old 10-26-2011, 07:00 PM   #6
greenclan67
Callie35

Yep you will most def have to move then! There is 2 different signs for Cypress Pointe Resort and Cypress Pointe Grand Villas! Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I can't imagine you not having to move! But I would still call and ask them, you never know they might be good and keep you in the same one! I always have a hard time understanding a word they say at the front desk. It was a big difference from one year to the next as well, seemed to be more people working the desk that can't communicate in English anyhow!

Old 10-26-2011, 07:14 PM   #7
DawnM
Dawn

Well, that irks me because I CALLED before making the reservation to check first.

And the day we will have to check out and move is a day we need to meet a group going to Legoland will have to leave the hotel by 8am at the latest, which means packing up at 7am and having everything, including food, in the car the entire day.

Dawn

Old 10-26-2011, 07:23 PM   #8
Epcotopia
Like a grand and miraculous spaceship, our planet has sailed through the universe of time....

Is that bird Charlie still in the lobby there? That thing always scares me! He always squawks when he sees a snack or cookie or something LOL!
Epcotopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:38 PM   #9
greenclan67
Callie35

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnM View Post
Well, that irks me because I CALLED before making the reservation to check first.

And the day we will have to check out and move is a day we need to meet a group going to Legoland will have to leave the hotel by 8am at the latest, which means packing up at 7am and having everything, including food, in the car the entire day.

Dawn
Did you have any problem with understanding what they were saying. I had one heck of a time this past March with this! Just about drove me insane! I would ask a question, realize they were not getting what I was saying, so would ask again, and I would still get the same answer. I finally just gave up!
I would be made as well! I would call again, and see if you can get someone to do something for you. Actually last year I had a few problems that weren't taken care of, small things, but regardless things that should have been dealt with! I found an email in thier website and emailed him. Go to cypresspointe.net I believe! Good luck!

Old 10-26-2011, 09:40 PM   #10
greenclan67
Callie35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epcotopia View Post
Is that bird Charlie still in the lobby there? That thing always scares me! He always squawks when he sees a snack or cookie or something LOL!
He was last year when we were there! He wasn't doing much of anything, my girls actually wondered if he was actually dead in there or not! cause they had him covered when inside most of the time, and his cage was empty the day we saw it outside! Who knows!

Old 10-27-2011, 05:43 AM   #11
DawnM
Dawn

No, she spoke very clearly! I wish I had a name now!

If I have to move it isn't the end of the world. I got these very cheap so moving is a minor inconvenience (at least that is what i am trying to tell myself!)

But I will still try very hard to make it work.

Thank you,

Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenclan67 View Post
Did you have any problem with understanding what they were saying. I had one heck of a time this past March with this! Just about drove me insane! I would ask a question, realize they were not getting what I was saying, so would ask again, and I would still get the same answer. I finally just gave up!
I would be made as well! I would call again, and see if you can get someone to do something for you. Actually last year I had a few problems that weren't taken care of, small things, but regardless things that should have been dealt with! I found an email in thier website and emailed him. Go to cypresspointe.net I believe! Good luck!