Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2013, 12:15 PM   #76
5spens
Earning My Ears

Speaking for my family, we are planning a cabin gift per night (16th, 17th, & 18th). Said gift might be a baggie of some goodies you left at home, a craft we have made, or something we have found to be helpful on a previous cruise that you might find helpful as well. If there are children in your group, we will include a couple little goodies just for them. As we are getting so close we don't want it to be too complicated that it keeps people from participating. And we had a couple of groups show interest that only included adults. While most adults won't care what they receive, we cannot leave out those that don't have little ones. Please don't let my comments discourage you. This can easily be accomplished. Everyone loves gum! I already mentioned boxes of easy candy for the movie theater! That would be great for all ages! Who doesn't like to blow bubbles? A foam squishy ball can be fun for a whole group!
I hope no one takes offense at how simple I have implied this can be. I just wanted to make sure anyone who wants to participate will feel comfortable with whatever they provide!!!!

My oldest has informed me that her cabin gifts will have a theme...
5spens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:24 PM   #77
5spens
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven888 View Post
Are we currently looking at 10 staterooms? Do we have a cut off date for signing up for the FE? I'd hate to forget someone if they signed up really late.
Thus far yours is the only pm I have received. I believe needing to have replied to at least 10 posts is not only keeping me from getting messages from some but also keeping them from receiving the messages I have sent.

As for a cut-off---I would like to give a couple of days for others to see we are indeed organizing but would like to say no later than maybe this Sunday evening (April 28th)? That way I can get the list to everyone by Monday morning!!!

Thanks so much!!!! Now to get all the fun ideas out of my head and into some Fish Extenders!!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2013, 08:43 PM   #78
bmgrant
Earning My Ears

Well I am almost at my 10 posts, so I should be able to pm you soon. I agree with the Sunday deadline, cause I would like to know so I can start putting tags together. It's going to be quite busy at my work in the coming weeks as we celebrate nurses' week.
bmgrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:56 PM   #79
khardy
Earning My Ears

Sorry guys... Super busy day and didn't have a chance to log on til 11pm. I was the chairman of my daughters school silent auction today. Anyway... We definitely want to participate. We have two families in two separate staterooms. I will pm you all the info now. EXCITED!! Thanks for taking charge!
Katrina
khardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:12 PM   #80
khardy
Earning My Ears

Sorry it won't let me message you til I get ten post also... Only 20 days!
Old 04-26-2013, 11:14 PM   #81
khardy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmgrant
Well I am almost at my 10 posts, so I should be able to pm you soon. I agree with the Sunday deadline, cause I would like to know so I can start putting tags together. It's going to be quite busy at my work in the coming weeks as we celebrate nurses' week.
This 10 post thing is silly.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:16 PM   #82
khardy
Earning My Ears

Did we decide if we should do one gift per family or one gift per family per day. I am thinking since so short notice maybe just one gift per stateroom, but whatever is decided I'll do
Katrina
Old 04-26-2013, 11:17 PM   #83
khardy
Earning My Ears

Thanks for taking charge
Katrina
Old 04-26-2013, 11:19 PM   #84
khardy
Earning My Ears

I agree I really am doing this for the kids. I am fine not getting anything but again what ever we decide I am fine just glad we are doing it
Katrina
Old 04-26-2013, 11:19 PM   #85
Steven888
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by khardy View Post
Did we decide if we should do one gift per family or one gift per family per day. I am thinking since so short notice maybe just one gift per stateroom, but whatever is decided I'll do
Katrina
LOL, you'll get to your 10 post requirement pretty soon.

I think we are doing one gift per stateroom for each night. But I think it's really up to you. I know 5spens and I are doing it each night.
Steven888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:20 PM   #86
khardy
Earning My Ears

Only 20 more days!!
Old 04-27-2013, 01:09 AM   #87
5spens
Earning My Ears

FE update

We are currently at 7 cabins participating.

That works out to 23 people total--- 17 adults and 6 children.
Boys = ages 13, 6, and 1
Girls= ages 6, 6, & 4.5

Just to give you an idea of age ranges while thinking/working on your treats.
Old 04-28-2013, 03:54 PM   #88
5spens
Earning My Ears

another update

Now at 8 cabins participating.

27 people total---19 adults and 8 children.

3 boys--- 13, 6 and 1

5 girls--- 6, 6, 4.5, 4.5, and 2

I will give anyone else until Sunday midnight Eastern time (we are in central VA) to send me a message wanting to participate. Look for finalized info at that time or first thing Monday morning!!!

Thanks!!!
Old 04-28-2013, 08:39 PM   #89
MariaTia
Mouseketeer

We might be interested in FE - we will have a total of 8 adults, in 4 cabins. Would it be possible to extend the deadline until tomorrow evening, Monday, April 29, so I may confirm with the other parties in my group? Thanks!!

MariaTia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:47 AM   #90
Steven888
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaTia View Post
We might be interested in FE - we will have a total of 8 adults, in 4 cabins. Would it be possible to extend the deadline until tomorrow evening, Monday, April 29, so I may confirm with the other parties in my group? Thanks!!
Hi MariaTia, I don't mind the extension. I already sent word to 5spens on my opinion. The more the merrier. Besides, I haven't started making / buying anything yet. Would love to have you included.
Steven888 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: