Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Hong Kong Disneyland
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2012, 10:55 PM   #391
queenie82
Queen of the 5 Castles

I vote hit the shops that day!!!!!

Depending how late Dim Sum goes you should get in there when they aren't too busy.
Remember to hit the shops throughout the park.
queenie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:56 PM   #392
queenie82
Queen of the 5 Castles

And you COULD make that prime firework day as you can set up early if you aren't planning to do more...

Although...

You'll be pushed and shoved and pushed and shoved through out the day
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-10-2012, 11:06 PM   #393
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

If I send you some money for a pin and the shipping. If you saw a dopey pin would you mail it to me? I dont care which pin. I collect them. If you tell me how much they cost or about I will send it out to you right away. If you cant no big deal.

Justice For Travis
usnuzuloose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:07 PM   #394
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenie82 View Post
And you COULD make that prime firework day as you can set up early if you aren't planning to do more...

Although...

Pushed and shoved? Yikes! What the heck?

Justice For Travis
Old 03-10-2012, 11:20 PM   #395
queenie82
Queen of the 5 Castles

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnuzuloose View Post
Pushed and shoved? Yikes! What the heck?
The stereotype of mainland Chinese having no concept of personal space isn't mean...it's just honest...

I was shoved SO much it really bugged me. And I was there on a quiet day. It's mentioned in my TR
Old 03-11-2012, 12:35 AM   #396
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

How is DS going to feel about a long lunch and then off to ride fireworks, won't he want to get on rides right away?
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:20 AM   #397
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Heaven forbid you break an eyelash. Feed him well as he didnt want fireworks for a while.

Sounds like your plans are off to a running start. Hey where do your parents fit in there?
My parents will be partaking in everything we will, pending how they hold up. We'll meet up with them when we get up and will be doing the Dim Sum together. Knowing them, they will be keen to hit the shops....er....park....as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
Not leaving too much to chance. How will that be any fun?
Just remember...reality is usually a long way from the planning.

Quote:
I vote hit the shops that day!!!!!

Depending how late Dim Sum goes you should get in there when they aren't too busy.
Remember to hit the shops throughout the park.
I think I might need to jot that little tip down....the thought would NEVER cross my mind otherwise.

Quote:

Although...

I got some practise last night and during Chinese New Year. Got pushed and shoved and shoved and pushed....and this was despite me snarling at anyone that came close to the tripod!

Quote:
If I send you some money for a pin and the shipping. If you saw a dopey pin would you mail it to me? I dont care which pin. I collect them. If you tell me how much they cost or about I will send it out to you right away. If you cant no big deal.
I'll see your dopey pin for my tink ornament. And given that I already got the tink ornament...... definitely time for payback! No money necessary.

I only hope I don't end up with a Dopey pin that you've already gotten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
How is DS going to feel about a long lunch and then off to ride fireworks, won't he want to get on rides right away?
He will want to get on rides right away. That's why I deliberately haven't planned anything more. I'll let him choose what he wants to do at the park. And at an appropriate time, I'll go scout out a location to park ourselves down in and then defend the spot to the death. The boys can figure out what they want to do then and come back and join me.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR

Last edited by PrincessInOz; 03-11-2012 at 01:31 AM.
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 04:04 AM   #398
queenie82
Queen of the 5 Castles

You know...you're so focused on photographing things you may just walk past the shops
Old 03-11-2012, 04:11 AM   #399
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
You know...you're so focused on photographing things you may just walk past the shops
I'm sure that there would be things to photograph in the shops that I walk past.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 03-11-2012, 04:20 AM   #400
queenie82
Queen of the 5 Castles

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
I'm sure that there would be things to photograph in the shops that I walk past.
Just don't do that in the UK

At Blists Hill, I had read PRIOR that you could take photos anywhere. So it was only after I started taking photos in shops other people would. They all walk around nervous of photographing anything.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:36 AM   #401
PrincessInOz
in

I should have warned you about the Bullring. I did know that there was a ban on photography.

Old 03-11-2012, 05:10 AM   #402
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

What is it with photographing in the UK?

Justice For Travis
Old 03-11-2012, 08:49 PM   #403
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
3 weeks countdown and to-do checklist

At this stage of the planning game on any other PTR, I guess I better start thinking about what we would possibly be doing on a day-to-day basis.....

(But only because that would probably keep those of you that prefer to have mapped out days happy. I suspect that my time in Hong Kong will be much more free and easy and spur of the moment. )

Thank you!

Quote:
Departure Day

The Theoretical Day

We arrive in Hong Kong at a late hour...and by the time we pick up our bags and head to the Disneyland Hotel, it is way past midnight Hong Kong time (3 am Melbourne time).

CRASH!

The More Realistic Day

Wait...after all that, did DH organise the cat minding service???

I don't even give a thought to the Theoretical Day! I know our departure day is going to be more like your realisitic day and that is being hopeful!

We'll see if anything changes on our next trip!
Alison ~~~~ I do get to go to WDW this year! | Our Disney Dream Home| Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR |It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!
franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:39 PM   #404
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Thank you!

I don't even give a thought to the Theoretical Day! I know our departure day is going to be more like your realisitic day and that is being hopeful!

We'll see if anything changes on our next trip!
I'm hoping for somewhere in between.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:32 PM   #405
PrincessInOz
in

Day by Day Account - Day 2

My plans for Day 2 all revolve around Disneyland Hong Kong:
  • Get up and find something for breakfast at the resort. Aside from Enchanted Garden (which we will be having the character breakfast there tomorrow), there are two options at the Disneyland Resort - Walt's Cafe or the Grand Salon. I'll probably scout out both options and choose one or the other. It's likely that we may have already eaten at one of these two on Day 1 and will end up eating at the other today.
  • Hit the park, which opens at 10 am. As it is a Monday, I'm hoping that the queues will be much shorter....although I'm still expecting push and shove.
  • As many rides and attractions as possible...Golden Mickey's and Festival of the Lion King will be high on my list.
  • Lunch at the park - I've got Clopin's Fantasy of Food (Fantasyland), Tahitian Terrace and Riverview Cafe (both in Adventureland) on my park hitlist.
  • More park rides and attractions. We'll probably fit some shopping time in as well.
  • Dinner will most likely be in the Park.
  • Watch fireworks.
  • Head back to hotel and get some sleep.

I'll be in a Disney park again. How more perfect a day can it be?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: