Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Hong Kong Disneyland
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2012, 04:12 PM   #376
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
3 weeks on vacation with weight restrictions, you learn to do laundry on vacation.... Now it is a norm for me.
If I am able to afford trips that long, I might do laundry. My longest trip ever was 11 days (which I have only done two that long). I've done a few 10 day ones as well. Most of our trips are in the one week range. Although if I am ever able to afford a three week trip, I would probably pay for extra bags and buy more underwear. I can never enev talk DH into taking two weeks off from work either. We'll see what happens.
kmedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:36 PM   #377
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

I would never send my undies out for laundering. I would just buy new. I guess I better budget for anything that long. Well I have never been gone for more than 9 days, and always have access to a washer and dryer. Come to think of it I havent really been out of the country unless the carribean counts.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2012, 04:48 PM   #378
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnuzuloose View Post
I would never send my undies out for laundering. I would just buy new. I guess I better budget for anything that long. Well I have never been gone for more than 9 days, and always have access to a washer and dryer. Come to think of it I havent really been out of the country unless the carribean counts.
If it does not count, than I am with you. Other than the Bahamas on a cruise ship, I have been to Tiajuna by car once when I was around 11 or 12. Got a spiffy passport for the Dream and hope to get a stamp in it before it expires.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:12 PM   #379
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete View Post
Re: Monsalvat

But were there any people there? It looks like you walked into a ghost town.
Australia is nearly the size of the US (if you exclude Alaska) and there are 24'ish million people living in it, less than the population of New York City!

There were people...it's just that Montsalvat is not high on the tourist visitor's list of things to do when in Melbourne; so I could afford to wait until people left the area before taking a shot. Besides, the next group of people coming into the area would always be polite and wait until I was done before moving in.

Quote:
Yikes! Well maybe you could buy new undies over there. Maybe I can get your question answered for you tomorrow. If I can I will let you know. But what a shame new clothes. What is that like? Outside of undies I have only bought one thing new.

This may be a rough crossing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
So sorry that you might have to go shopping.....

There is always a sink and Woolite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete View Post
re: Laundry
Second the vote for just buying the underwear. Isn't that the cheapest part? Could always just "go commando" as we say here in the states! (Not!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
I've never done laundry on vacation. I hope I can say that forever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I'm thinking this too...although undies take up the least amount of space in a suitcase. My rule is pants can go twice, shirts need to be washed after one wearing. And socks (nylons) need to be changed daily, 11 days with no washing is tough. I would plan on washing in the room.
Quote:
I usually wash clothes and hang dry. I could do laundry in a sink and hang dry.
Quote:
If I am able to afford trips that long, I might do laundry. My longest trip ever was 11 days (which I have only done two that long). I've done a few 10 day ones as well. Most of our trips are in the one week range. Although if I am ever able to afford a three week trip, I would probably pay for extra bags and buy more underwear. I can never enev talk DH into taking two weeks off from work either. We'll see what happens.
Quote:
Quote:
If it does not count, than I am with you. Other than the Bahamas on a cruise ship, I have been to Tiajuna by car once when I was around 11 or 12. Got a spiffy passport for the Dream and hope to get a stamp in it before it expires.

Looks like quite a conversation on the dirty laundry topic!

Yes, underwear washing in the sink might be something I might end up doing. It just depends on the windows in the room. I prefer my room not to smell of wetness. I'm pretty sure that there will NOT be a laundry line in the bathroom over the tub.

But we'll be taking enough underwear with us for the duration. Outer clothes - we can use a dryclean or professional laundry service for and that'll be fine with me.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:16 PM   #380
PrincessInOz
in

3 weeks countdown and to-do checklist

Hey, Hey! It's another Saturday and that means that there is now 3 weeks to go.

I have 3 weeks to go.

OMG

At this stage of the planning game on any other PTR, I guess I better start thinking about what we would possibly be doing on a day-to-day basis.....

(But only because that would probably keep those of you that prefer to have mapped out days happy. I suspect that my time in Hong Kong will be much more free and easy and spur of the moment. )

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 03-09-2012, 05:30 PM   #381
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Yay!
Old 03-09-2012, 05:40 PM   #382
PrincessInOz
in

Departure Day

Departure Day

The Theoretical Day
  • On departure day, DH and I will incredibly organised, calmed, cool and collected.
  • We would have packed our bags the night before and would have already packed them into the car.
  • All of us would have had a fantastic night's uninterrupted sleep of over 8 hours and are amazingly refreshed.
  • We would be spending the morning doing a last minute clean of the place to make sure we had a clean house to come home to.
  • We would take a leisurely drive out to our favourite cafe near the house and tuck into a wonderful eggs and bacon breakfast, complete with a hot steaming cup of coffee before heading home to enjoy a last minute read of the daily newspaper.
  • The cat minding service will be texting us to wish us a happy holiday and that they would be looking forward to cuddling and feeding our cats for us.
  • At around noon, we would get in the car to pick up my parents. They will, of course, be travelling really light and would practically have only one bag and two carry-ons to fit in the boot/trunk of the car.
  • We would then proceed to the airport and check in, with plenty of time to spare....allowing us to cruise through security in time for us to grab some water and magazines at the terminal.

We arrive in Hong Kong at a late hour...and by the time we pick up our bags and head to the Disneyland Hotel, it is way past midnight Hong Kong time (3 am Melbourne time).

CRASH!

The More Realistic Day
  • We'll still be packing and highly stressed after being woken up by DS and the cats at least 4 times the night before.
  • Breakfast will be burnt toast with nescrape.
  • DH will be looking for his passport and wondering if he remembered to organise the cat minders for today.
  • The house is a pig-sty!
  • We are late picking up my parents and their 5 bags.
  • DS complains all the way to the airport because he is squashed between the two 'olds' and 3 bags.
  • I'll be the one asking "Are we there yet?"
  • Long queues everywhere at the airport and we barely get through security and to the gate in time for boarding.
  • DH and I take a deep breath when we're settled in our seats. Naturally, there will be a child behind me kicking my seat from the back.

We arrive in Hong Kong at a late hour...and by the time we pick up our bags and head to the Disneyland Hotel, it is way past midnight Hong Kong time (3 am Melbourne time).

CRASH!

Wait...after all that, did DH organise the cat minding service???

Old 03-09-2012, 05:46 PM   #383
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

I found the above post so funny, that I almost emailed the link to DH. He thinks I overplan everything. You comedically planned the planning. Classic!
Old 03-09-2012, 06:02 PM   #384
queenie82
Queen of the 5 Castles

I'm somewhere between the two of those scenarios...

Travelling with my family is like a travelling circus...thankfully those days are now over...
queenie82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:05 PM   #385
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Calm, cool, collected. Now I could see you, carry on bag, camera in hand, dragging Ds through the airport trying to catch your flight.

So how long is your flight?
Old 03-10-2012, 02:42 AM   #386
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

I picture a kid being dragged behind like a kite. Feet off the ground as a parent pulls. From the door to the car from the car to the counter, from the counter to the security check, from the secruity check to the gate. With PIO chasing behind.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:15 PM   #387
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
I found the above post so funny, that I almost emailed the link to DH. He thinks I overplan everything. You comedically planned the planning. Classic!
Someone who appreciates my sense of humour.

(What's wrong with you??????)

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenie82 View Post
I'm somewhere between the two of those scenarios...

Travelling with my family is like a travelling circus...thankfully those days are now over...
I was going to mention something about one clown short and figured I was better off not stirring that hornet's nest.

Quote:
Calm, cool, collected. Now I could see you, carry on bag, camera in hand, dragging Ds through the airport trying to catch your flight.

So how long is your flight?
10 hours.

On the plus side, it is shorter than heading to the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
I picture a kid being dragged behind like a kite. Feet off the ground as a parent pulls. From the door to the car from the car to the counter, from the counter to the security check, from the secruity check to the gate. With PIO chasing behind.
Oh no....I'm the one pulling.

DS is pretty well seasoned where travel is concerned. He and I share a carry-on bag these days. He looks after the roller bag, which will have a neck pillow and a book for me. I will have the camera bag, which does include all the travel documents and my purse.

Old 03-10-2012, 10:30 PM   #388
PrincessInOz
in

Day by Day Account - Day 1

I have high hopes that The Theoretical Day and The More Realistic Day will be pretty aligned today.....

• Sleep In.
  • Enjoy Resort in the morning.
  • Lunch at the Crystal Lotus restaurant (in our hotel). I've booked us the Disney Dim Sum and we just need to get there noon'ish.
  • Rest of the day in the Park. Yes, we know it is Sunday and that we should be avoiding the park; however, DH and I figure we will want to head into the park after the Dim Sum and just see what we can get done. The main reason for the Sunday entry is so that we can play with the Disney Firework Gods. Anything else we get done, will be a bonus.
  • Dinner will most likely be in the Park.
  • Watch fireworks.
  • Head back to hotel and get some sleep.

Given how free and easy DH and I want to keep this day, there really isn't anything that we won't be missing out on. About the only two things that we have planned is the Dim Sum and shooting the Fireworks.

We'll be setting an alarm for no later than 10.30 am so that we don't miss the Dim Sum.
The Fireworks? Well....the plan is that this night will be the practise round so that we can get it right on Day 2.

As they say in the classics, what could go wrong?

(No one answer that!)

Old 03-10-2012, 10:47 PM   #389
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Heaven forbid you break an eyelash. Feed him well as he didnt want fireworks for a while.

Sounds like your plans are off to a running start. Hey where do your parents fit in there?
Old 03-10-2012, 10:55 PM   #390
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Not leaving too much to chance. How will that be any fun?
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: