Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2012, 09:36 AM   #1
AshleeH
DIS Veteran

Help! Need Ideas for Pregnancy Announcements in WDW!!

I'm so excited to be able to type this - my DH and I have been trying for a baby for two years and I am now 5 weeks along. Shhh! I haven't even told DH yet . I'm waiting for something I ordered to come in and surprise him with it.

But I need some ideas - my parents will be joining us for a few days in Disney during the middle of our trip - we will probably want to tell them while we're there, but I want to do something fun. This will be their fifth grandchild (third one from us), so something like an ornament from a grandchild wouldn't click for them. I don't have my first ultrasound until the day after we get back (which is how we will probably tell the other grandparents) so I can't use anything like that.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

1985 - Disneyland; 1990 & 1994 - WDW; 1997 - Disneyland Paris; 2003 - WDW; Oct. 2010 - WDW (Animal Kingdom: Kidani Village); Oct. 2011 - WDW (Contemporary/Wilderness Lodge); Oct. 2012 - WDW (Bay Lake); July 2013 - Disneyland (Grand Californian); Oct. 2014 - WDW (Bay Lake)
AshleeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:46 AM   #2
Dopey's-Girl
Earning My Ears

How about get the family together for a photo in front of the castle, hat...somewhere you like. Then, whisper to the photographer that he/she should say something during the picture. When everyone is ready, instead of "Say cheese," the photog says "Say ____'s Pregnant!" You will have some great photos of the reactions.

1981, 1984, July 1995--ASM, Oct 2002--Off Site, Oct 2008--POP, Feb 2010--POP, Oct 2010--POP, Oct 2011--POP/CBR, Dec 2012-POP

Dopey's-Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2012, 03:12 PM   #3
lucifie
DIS Veteran

Could you take them into a gift shop and ask them for hel picking out something for one of the kids and then pick out a onesie or something obviously babyish. Or get a big brother/sister shirt for your youngest and dress them in it and see how long it takes for them to notice. I like the PP's idea better, though.
Old 09-16-2012, 06:40 PM   #4
Aggiegrl
DIS Veteran

IN AK we've had photographers take our picture with us cradling a baby Simba (google Magic Shots for example). Wondering if maybe you could incorporate that somehow?
Old 09-16-2012, 09:12 PM   #5
lindsmom
DIS Veteran

I also like the PP idea of a photographer catching their reactions, but you could also look - on Etsy there are some cute disney themed "baby on board" shirts: http://www.etsy.com/shop/StorybookSt...ef=seller_info

They're on maternity shirts, but maybe you could ask the shop owners to put it on a non maternity shirt (so it fits you better). You could change in a ladies room or something while in a park, and wait to see when they read your shirt.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: