Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2013, 07:22 PM   #1
Tdisney
Mouseketeer

Fast Passes

I know that this has been beat to death but I just do not see the advantage in fast passing. I just returned from the world and had a few experiences in line that lead me to believe fast passes should be discontinued. First : one day we arrived about a half hour after epcot opened to ride test tract. The line was backed up almost to the mouse gears building. Fast passes returns were already at about the 11:00 o clock mark. We just wanted to ride this one ride then head back for a lazy day at the resort so we decided to get in line. Now we could have gotten a fast pass then walked all the way over to soarin and stood in line there but decided to just suck it up and get in line. About twenty five minutes later we were getting on our test vehicle. But how could a line what seemed like almost out of the park move so fast. Because it was early enough that there were very few pass returners. Another day we hit Hollywood studios. We were about an hour late after opening. I headed to Toy story as fast as I could as the rest of the family went to watch jedi training. So at about 10:15 the return time was for 3:40 to 4:40. We dont love to spend all day in the parks but what are you going to do. And now we can not get another fast pass for the rest of the day. So we stand in line for star tours. See indiana jones muppets and it is about 12:30 or so. So we decide to leave go to our resort then come back. When we get back the fast pass line is about 30 minutes. Good grief. When we get to the inside part it is hardly packed in the stand by line. There are plenty of empty line queues but the stand by wait time was 120 minutes plus. So I ask a cast member and ask if no one is in stand by line why is it a 120 minutes plus. Because so many fast pass people are now returning that they are letting a party of 4 or more go every 20 minutes in the stand by line. Then we return another day to hit rock n roller we get there about 11:30 and go to stand by line. Wait time 60 minutes, which we consider doable. 1 hour 50 minutes later we get on our limo ride to catch aerosmith. Then people who got fast passes for tower of terror are complaining because there time is about to expire because they had to wait so long to ride rockn. So how did the time almost double. Because they are getting waves of fast pass returners and these waves are not predictable. I know disney wanted people to spend more time shopping and eating at the parks and not stand in line but it seems to have back fired. If they would just open up both queues they could easily move people faster through the lines. Instead we are wasting our time walking from one side of the park to get fastpasses then walking all the way back to the other side. Seems counter intuitive. Maybe this new wrist thingy can save people from the 120 plus wait times. Or if they wanted to make more money just charge like universal does for the expedited lines.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: