Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2011, 05:49 PM   #1
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Happy happy happy! trip story from Feb 2012

This is my new pre trip report. Or, as Apple's spellcheck wants to call it, my "pretty pie".

I am a "victim" of happy circumstance. Ms Sherry happened to have a great rate, she happened to have spare room in her PPH room, and we happened to have spare frequent flier miles! It is all coming together as my first trip back to Disneyland since late 2009!

That trip was at the end of two heavy-Disneyland years, so the Anaheim drought was hard on me. The drought was done for strategic WDW purposes, but it turns out I still yearn pretty badly for the 'land, even while I'm in the 'world!

My son and I were supposed to have a day at DLR last March, but he got extremely ill in the middle of the night after we had already bought e-tickets, and the day was most definitely not spent anywhere but a hotel room, being miserable.

So this trip has been, relatively, a long time coming.

I've done solo trips before, and they really help. I'm far more Disney crazy than my family is (though they are getting there!), and getting the running around out of my system helps with the family trips. And OH yes I hope we can get a family trip in soon! Our WDW APs are almost up, our DVC well is dry until 2013 ( and we wouldn't use those in Anaheim anyway as I am not the hugest fan of the Grand Cal), so hope springs eternal.

I'm not at all sure what my strategy will be for this short trip that goes from early on December 6th to the evening of December 8th, but I'm sure I'll think of something!

Even more fun, there's another roomie during the stay, so Laurie come say hi here!

I should mention that this pre-trip and trip report for December has turned into a pre-trip report for a Disneyland and Universal Orlando trip in February! I know, I know, odd combo, but of all the dreaming and thinking and pricing things out that we did, it ended up making the most sense!

Trip report from February 2012 starts around here!

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!

Last edited by bumbershoot; 03-12-2012 at 07:23 PM.
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:36 PM   #2
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Hi Molly & Molly's readers!!! I'm very excited to be spending time with both of these ladies....it will be 2 days that will go way to quickly, but we'll take advantage of the short time we have to experience as much as possible!!!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2011, 09:43 PM   #3
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Molly, I look forward to reading your "pretty pie"!
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:01 PM   #4
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Hi, you two!

Michele, there are people out there for whom the phrase pretrippie is like torture....I wonder how the iPad's idea of pretty pie is going to make their ears feel? Lol

Laurie, it really is short, isn't it? But much needed...that's all I gotta say. This has been a long, tough two seasons with DH traveling all the time. (he's a product tester for a certain ereader from a company based out of Seattle...does that *kindle* any ideas? Ha ha ha. He's been gone a WHOLE lot since the start of summer. I'm tired.

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
Old 10-24-2011, 10:06 PM   #5
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

I get to go to the REAL small world!!!!!!!!

That just hit me.

Old 10-24-2011, 10:19 PM   #6
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
Hi, you two!

Michele, there are people out there for whom the phrase pretrippie is like torture....I wonder how the iPad's idea of pretty pie is going to make their ears feel? Lol

Laurie, it really is short, isn't it? But much needed...that's all I gotta say. This has been a long, tough two seasons with DH traveling all the time. (he's a product tester for a certain ereader from a company based out of Seattle...does that *kindle* any ideas? Ha ha ha. He's been gone a WHOLE lot since the start of summer. I'm tired.
I shall forever think of it as pretty pie now!!

I have been looking at said e-reader. Well the new one at least. If I had not tied up so much money in books for my Nook I would so get it for myself.

Quote:
I get to go to the REAL small world!!!!!!!!

That just hit me.
And the real POTC!!!
Old 10-24-2011, 10:55 PM   #7
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Oooh yeah! none of that flooded nonsense like at WDW lol.

I might miss the extra creepy jungle cruise though...

Old 10-24-2011, 11:02 PM   #8
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

Subscribing!!

Kaitlin: Lover of 5 Seconds of Summer, One Direction, Jonas, and Concerts
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, 6/14, 7/14 DLR: Too Many To Count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14 DLP: 6/13
WDWJonasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:12 PM   #9
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Oooh yeah! none of that flooded nonsense like at WDW lol.

I might miss the extra creepy jungle cruise though...

Yay!! But, I am partial!!
Old 10-25-2011, 07:36 PM   #10
Brady's Mom
"Get off the roof, get off the roof, get off the roof!"
The snowball has hit my family and hit it hard

Oooohhhh....can I just say I'm a little jealous! I hope you have such a great time! I'm sure it will be soooo nice to just recharge the batteries! And of course, what better place to do it than Disneyland!!!

October 2006 - Family trip September 2007 - 40th B-day trip March 2008 - 12 people trip December 7-12, 2008 - Christmas trip May 25-28, 2009 - Surprise Family Trip
July 16-19, 2009 - DH's 50th B-Day trip! Nov. 1-6, 2009 - Family Trip April 3-10, 2010 - Family Trip October 7-13, 2012 - Family Trip with Best Friends
Brady's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:11 AM   #11
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brady's Mom View Post
Oooohhhh....can I just say I'm a little jealous! I hope you have such a great time! I'm sure it will be soooo nice to just recharge the batteries! And of course, what better place to do it than Disneyland!!!

I am going in February so I am going to live through Molly's trip report.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:32 AM   #12
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

I think *I'm* going to live through my trip report!

Ok that made no sense, but I'm still in shock that I get to go. I even made my air arrangements (love those FF miles). But of course my brain is still so much in WDW report mode, but is being stunted by the idea of typing more than a few paragraphs at a time on this stupid iPad (oh it makes certain that IT is spelled and capitalized like they want it, but shall we revisit "pretty pie"??????)

Also, DS and I finally started 2nd grade curriculum. For my new people, we homeschool and I delayed starting until we were back from WDW and our apparently yearly pre-curriculum trip to visit my brother in CA. (we would have visited DLR then but the days we thought it would work were something like 104 degrees in Anaheim, and that was NOT going to happen). And not two days into his learning work, I started getting back to school nightmares! Kept waking up...why am I walking around junior high school in my unders? Why can't I remember where my classes are? One dream involved both of us attending college together, with the universe conspiring against our getting to classes on time.... Aaaaaaaauuuuuugggghhhhh.

I'll end this on....Monsters Inc, woooooooo'!!!!!!!!!!

No, I'll end this on "where did that apostrophe come from, and since the iPad is sensitive enough to let me accidentally switch to the secondary keyboard to get that apostrophe, why isn't it sensitive enough to let me click in there to delete it, huh????" Oh I need my computer to start working again. This isn't good for my soul, because I dislike random apostrophes before lots of exclamation marks, and I really do not like typing like this, with only a few fingers because I can't fit my whole hands onto the touch keyboard... Let DH get back from his trip and need the iPad for work, please??????

Old 10-26-2011, 07:42 AM   #13
MommyWithDreams
What has the Dis done to me? I'm addicted to CROCS?
we've hit single digits baby!

Ltns Molly! Looks like we may finally meet in December afterall.
Old 10-26-2011, 02:33 PM   #14
kaoden39
Hugs

My daughter uses the touch screen keyboard when she uses my phone. I cannot understand why I bought the expensive phone so I had a separate keyboard. I waver between loving y touch screen to hating it.
Old 10-26-2011, 03:08 PM   #15
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyWithDreams View Post
Ltns Molly! Looks like we may finally meet in December afterall.
Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
My daughter uses the touch screen keyboard when she uses my phone. I cannot understand why I bought the expensive phone so I had a separate keyboard. I waver between loving y touch screen to hating it.
I like the idea of touchscreen, but the realities of it underwhelm....

But I'm so tired of small keyboards that, if we have to replace my computer, I might well just get a desktop so I can use a proper keyboard.... Yes I could hook up a keyboard to it...I did that with our first laptop as it broke down, but that feels so silly LOL.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: