Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2011, 05:17 PM   #76
nemofans
DIS Veteran

I have heard about the pirates & pals cruise, but never anyone's experience. It sounds like fun. We may check it out our next trip.

8/2000 WDW Grosvenor Resort (got engaged!), 11/2005 DL PPH CL, 12/2006 WDW Poly, 02/2008 WDW AKL, 2/2010 WDW CR CL, 2/2011 DCL Magic, 11/2011 DL GCH, 10/2012 WDW AKL CL

2013 Book Challenge: 87 out of 75 GOAL MET!!
2014 Book Challenge: 92 out of 85 GOAL MET!!
Old 12-20-2011, 10:28 AM   #77
exwdwcm
wishes she was Wendy Moira Angela Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post
sounds like a really nice AK day, getting alot doen and even some extra play and fun moments... Tusker house seems like th eplace to be...I have read other TR's recemntly too of people eating there, but also talking of long waits, and crowded rooms but that the characters were great...we have never yet...but seems you need to do pre park and be on time

sorry your stomach was bugging you still

glad you got in a pool break too, it really is a nice pool, my family really enjoys it

so much FUN w/ the Pirate cruise...I just love the end picture of the two "peters" on a knee...so precious

remember how I told you we could here the music/chatter from the boats as we stood on the GF boat dock

looks like you had a blast...maybe we'll have to consider that one time around

I have to mention how you said it was so hot on Mon...I don't recall being hot at all on Mon and we were at EP...I swear it's the AK factor
yes, too funny you could hear all the chatter from the docks/boats! The cruise was a blast, we really enjoyed it and might have to try it again! AK was great too- just not sure on Tusker house again for next year, but worth trying again at some point. Yep, AK does tend to be a lot more hot!! LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Oh my gosh HOW CUTE is Will in his Peter Pan costume?!?! The whole bug situation sounds gross, I hate bugs of any kind!! Although I've never heard of a mosquito that doesn't bite? Weird. Anyway, looks like other than the bugs, Will had a great time on his Pirates & Pals Cruise. Hopefully they will still be doing things like that when Paxton is big enough to be a swashbuckler.
Thank you- he loves that costume! You would have really hated these bugs, they were so yucky! Kimberly had warned me about them, but they only appeared a few days into the trip. Yes, you have to put this on the list for Paxton to try when he is a big boy! He'll love it! I would say as young as 3 would probably enjoy it and "get it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
Joining in ! Going back to read now.

Needing to read TR's to get us through the "waiting" period before our trip !
Yeah, thanks for reading!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
The pirate and pals cruise sounds awesome! This is actually the first I've read about it, so thank you so much for sharing your experience!

I think my little man would just LOVE a pirate theme fireworks cruise, combining his two favorite things into one activity is bound to be a hit!
It was a lot of fun. I had researched it and only heard great things on it. It is pricey, but worth doing once, especially if you have a child into pirates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemofans View Post
I have heard about the pirates & pals cruise, but never anyone's experience. It sounds like fun. We may check it out our next trip.
I give it high ratings. It was fun for Will, but we enjoyed it too- they had some adult humor mixed in too.

WDW College Program-Fall 96
84, 86-FTW, 93-FTW, 97, 98-OFFSITE, 00-POR, 03, 04, 05-GAYLORD, 04-POFQ, 05-POR, 06-CBR, 07-AKL, May 09-DIS Podcast Cruise, DEC 09-DAP/WL, Sept 10-DL, DEC 10 BLT, FEB 10 JOINED DVC! AUG 11 DLH, OCT 11 BLT, NOV 2012 BLT
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-21-2011, 02:41 PM   #78
exwdwcm

Tuesday, October 18th

Woo hoo- Iíd been looking forward to this day for a long time- Food & Wine! Our first one ever. We knew that hitting F&W on a weekday was the best way to go and we planned to hit it up for lunch. So we arrived early at Epcot, it was EMH morning- they opened at 8am. We arrived about 8;15am, but got a front parking spot, so I knew it was going to be pretty empty for EMH. There was a threat of rain today and I guess it scared folks off. Thatís fine with me. We always carry our ponchos, and a little rain doesnít scare us off! WE just keep on going.

So we go in about 8:30am and get a FP for Soarin. I like the The Land now makes you park strollers over in the area between Nemo and Friends and The Land. Much better than all the strollers blocking the walkway up to The Land! So we get a FP, but also ride since it is just a 5 minute wait. We get third row- bummer! Will really thought it was fun to take our shoes off. He had on his crocs today I think and I had on flip flops. After we soared over California, we head towards Test Track, the usual Commando code and plan. But on the way, we see the character connection with little line, so we stop. I did want to get more characters for Will this trip, so I figured why not. Again, trying to make myself relax more and veer away from being so commando!

So we stop, the line is only like 3 families deep and Will wishes the wait was longer because he LOVES the old cartoons they play while you wait in line. So we see Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy. Pluto was out taking a break or digging up a bone or something and we even waited longer and still he never came back. So we moved on. We get through there in 10 minutes or less. Nice! So glad we stopped.

So we continue on the original plan to Test Track. We walk on, even though it says standby is 20 minutes. It is really walk on. Will for some reason is scared the first time this trip. Heís ridden Test Track before, twice, last year when he was only 3. So not sure what the deal is. The minute we sit down, he freaks out and wants out, but itís too late. He is fine though and loves it.
Should I, or shouldnít I Daddy!???

Get me out of here Daddy!!!!

So TALL now!

We spend some time in the store when we exit. They have the monorail track set up and he wants to watch it. We ended up buying this for him with a gift card my parents gave him for his bday! I just order it later in the trip at DTD and have it shipped home.

After some browsing in the shop and car area, we check out the F&W festival center in the old Wonders of Life pavilion. Again, it is DEAD! I swear we are the only guests in the whole center.

We walk through the whole thing- I buy a few things- including the less then $5 wine bags- one for each of my brother in laws who are both big wine drinkers. It is just a simple bag, but has 4 slots to hold 4 bottles of wine. I thought it was cute. I got myself a shirt too and a set of the F&W wine glasses- I have them sent back to our room, always love this feature of staying on site! None of the demonstrations were going, it is still too early. But I mainly had wanted to check out the merchandise. We do end up seeing two other guests in there, also from TX, but that was it.

It was like 9:45am. I want to hit mousegears too- I need to get some ornaments and stuff to ship home. I figure I should go while it isnít crowded. So Alan and Will sit on the bench outside and play on my phone while I shop alone in peace for about 20 minutes, yeah! I get a ton of stuff and pay and have it all shipped back. They come in just as I am paying. Now, itís 10:45am, time to hit the Food and Wine booths!
We start at the Carribean- I have the dragon colada I had read about and it is delicious, but oh so small. They donít have straws either, so I have to hunt one down at the Mexican FF spot. Alan heads to Argentina and gets some type of fish and enjoys it.

Next we hit Mexico. Alan gets the shrimp taco and me the rib eye. I go to get a drink for Will. He saw my colada and of course wanted some. It is hard explaining to a 4yo that they canít have that frozen pink drink that looks so good and harmless. So I try and get him a sprite at the Hacienda fast food place. They are having issues with the drink machine. I wait and wait and wait. It is ridiculous.

After three more cast members, and a manager, I am finally told they canít get them to work. So I get a tea instead for him. I get a large, not realizing how big it is. We sit and enjoy our tacos. Will loves the rib eye too- man it is spicy, not sure how he ate it. But I guess he is like me and enjoys the spicy stuff. He does eat hot sauce when we eat Mexican food!
Now on to Scandinavia! I get an order of the meatballs and they are yummy. We all share.

Keep in mind as we are going through the booths, there is like ZERO line. Of course the WS just opened and I think this is the way to do F&W, unless you are looking for the nighttime party atmosphere, which we werenít, since we had Will with us (and we sort of hate all the crowds anyhow). There was another family with two kids older than Will in front of us- we seemed to follow them. We stop next in China and I get potstickers and Alan has the chicken. Both were good, but not my favorite. WS is just so dead, I canít get over how fast we are able to move and just enjoy what we want. It is cloudy, but not raining yet.

We stop off in Africa to let William play the drums. He has a great time with this. Alan gets the lettuce wraps- at South Korea, right before Africa.

See how empty!!!

to be continued.....

84, 86-FTW, 93-FTW, 97, 98-OFFSITE, 00-POR, 03, 04, 05-GAYLORD, 04-POFQ, 05-POR, 06-CBR, 07-AKL, May 09-DIS Podcast Cruise, DEC 09-DAP/WL, Sept 10-DL, DEC 10 BLT, FEB 10 JOINED DVC! AUG 11 DLH, OCT 11 BLT, NOV 2012 BLT
Old 12-21-2011, 02:44 PM   #79
exwdwcm

Tuesday, October 18th- PART 2
Next up is a favorite- Germany! I first hit the cheese and fondue booth- I love me some fondue! The sourdough was so good with the cheese, I could have just drank it down. Probably should have. We feel it starting to sprinkle a bit, so we both put on our rain gear, we both have pull over rain jackets. I cover the stroller with the extra ponchos to keep Will dry. But it stops after a minute and we are so hot/humid in those jackets, we take them off again.

Alan grabs us a spot on the picnic tables near Germany. Then he gets the pretzel sausage and streudel. I go get beer flight #1 for us to share. I donít like dark beer, so he drinks that. I do try the sausage and it is good, but he manges to down the apple streudel before I even get a bite. AT least he shared with William. William is enjoying have a taste of everything too. This is our lunch afterall!
We take our time in Germany, resting and sitting for a bit. Still pretty dead! I stop at the Italy booth next to try the ravioli and yum, I love it. Now most probably wonít, because really, it tastes like chef boy ardee! Honestly, it does, but I actually like it. I have very strange taste, I know.

We are now nearing the USA and the Fife and Drum corp comes out. William refuses to let us continue until the whole show is over. So we watch the whole thing. Very touching. A tear comes to my eye, watching all the people stop to watch and honor this great country.

By now, we are getting pretty full. So we skip the next few booths. I do get a kaki gori in Japan though- it is a must each trip! We sit near Morocco and I share it with Will. He loves it. I think this is a must on his list from now on too.

We continue walking to France and stop at the fountain to let Will play a bit.

Then we spot it, the bakery, one of our favorites. I LOVE the chocolate mousse from there. So Alan goes in to look around. He is taking a while, so we go in after him to find out he has ordered chocolate mousse and lemon tart. We find a table outside the cafť/bakery and enjoy. Both were so good. The weather is nice- not raining and not too hot. So we really enjoy the sun now peeking out.

We keep on walking and spot Mary Poppins in the UK, so we stop to get her autograph and pic. There is a short line, but it moves fast. Then a CM walks up and cuts a family in front of us. No biggie, I see they are a Make a Wish Family (have the backback/bag on the wheelchair). So sweet to watch the interaction with the little girl.

One thing I canít stand is people that take pictures of characters, while other peopleís children are in the pic. I saw this one guy, he didnít speak English so maybe it was more of a cultural thing to do this, but he was taking pics of the family in front of us with Mary and then of Will too. I guess they were trying to get a pic of just Mary, I get that, but really, do you want a pic of someone elseís child? And does that family want you having their childís pic. I mean obviously in WDW, you will turn up in other peopleís pics, I donít really care, but I just think it is odd. He was trying to really work his way in and almost cut in line to get pics. So annoying.

We make the rounds towards Canada. We had skipped most of the booth since Italy, knowing we would come back later in the week for lunch and we could do the other side of WS then. But I couldnít skip Canadaís famous cheese soup! Suddenly, Will has to pee really bad, so we head to the bathroom, forgetting that bathroom is only a two person one. It takes forever!!! The line is so long and he is about to pee his pants. One nice lady let us go ahead of her. Thank you!

While we were gone, Alan got the greek salad at the Greece booth. I get my soup and enjoy it. By now it is 1:45pm and the crowds are picking up a lot. It is a lot later than I anticipated too. Considering we didnít do any rides while doing F&W, Will was such a good boy! I kept him busy playing with my phone or reading a book in his stroller when he seemed bored. He didnít complain once and tried all the foods that we did.

So now it is time to take a break! I had planned to break much earlier than this, probably by 1pm, and now it is nearly 2pm, but oh well. We get back to the hotel and try and let William sleep for a bit. We finally get him down at 2:45pm. Tonight is the Halloween party! So we really wanted him well-rested. He does great staying up late, but I donít want him grouchy!

So itís almost 3pm, I get a text from Julie Ė mousescrapper and she is at BLT too and has a treat for Will before the party. We plan to meet up at the party tonight too, but they will be in full costume! So sad that Will is asleep and canít meet her out of costume, but I go down to the lobby and we meet, hug and sit and chat. She has the cutest little homemade decorated bag with treats for Will- colors, candy and beyond. It is so sweet and thoughtful and he loves it!! It was so nice to meet her! I head to get a drink refill at Contempo and then head back to the room. Will only gets an hour nap, as we wake him up by 4pm to get dressed and head to dinner. We have 5pm ressies for Oíhana before the party!

We get him dressed in his Peter pan costume and we head out to the monorail.

It was about 4:30pm and it was taking forever to get a monorail. Once we get on, they are full. We manage to get in a car that has a group chaperoned by two kind people. It is a mix of men and women from some sort of group home for the disabled, some are in wheelchairs. There are two wheelchairs in our car and we barely fit in, with the stroller. They were kind enough to squeeze us in. When we finally stop at the Poly, I have to fold it up, take William out to get out.

The folks are right by the door blocking our exit, so it was pretty tough to get out and the female chaperone has her leg in a cast. It was fun hearing their conversations of what they did that day and what they bought and how they were heading back to a rental house to make dinner. The chaperones were talking about stopping at WalGreens for meds and also for shower assistance seats and tools. It just made me so thankful there are good people like them whether paid or volunteer that take the time to help these folks enjoy a wonderful time in WDW. I am so happy that WDW is so accommodating to those with special needs, whether it be a physical one or not. Everyone should have the opportunity to experience this magical place.

So we finally exit at the Poly and head immediately to the check in line for dinner. They have moved the check in podium though to a new location, right by the top of the stairs almost, closer to the store. There are actually two lines, one for those with ADRs and one for walk ups. Interesting new concept and I like it!

We head to the lounge area near the bar as the whole area was pretty packed with folks waiting for Oíhana to open. We find a table and order drinks. I get a pina colava, my fave. We get Will a sprite. Bad mistake- it was like $3 for his sprite and of course he gets a drink included with the meal at Oíhana, so we just should have waited. We were seated pretty quickly, on the far side of the restaurant near the window. We get the bread and drinks- but no butter for the bread. Our server seemed a little busy. But it was definitely much better than our server last year (she was just pathetic and I can say that, I waited tables for years!)

We pigged out on salad, bread etc.
I love the potstickers. I donít care for chicken/meat on the bone, so I only ate one wing, but love the sauce on it. Will enjoyed all too- he loved the salad. We stuffed ourselves silly on everything. It seems our waiter didnít bring the hot towels early enough- it seems we usually got them pretty fast, but it took forever to get them. The beef was cooked just perfectly for me- not too rare. I hate when it is too rare for me. I am more of a medium/medium well kind of girl.

Finally out came the bread pudding. YUM! I was so stuffed already though, but I forced it down, almost making myself sick. LOL! They even brought Will a birthday cupcake too.

Oíhana was great as usual. It has become one our must doís each trip. I have read the stories about the bread pudding being replaced by a coconut version and different sauce. Very disappointing if that is the case. I am NOT a coconut fan. But much like the noodles, maybe the new version will be okay? I was very sad when those delicious cheesy potatoes were replaced by the noodles, but I do enjoy the noodles now too. Who knows. I will certainly miss it if it is gone.

So bellies completely full, we headed out by 6:15pm to the MK for the Halloween party! YEAH! Our first MNSSHP. Weíve done MVMCP about 3x now. Willís done it twice. But MNSSHP was a first for us.

Old 12-21-2011, 08:13 PM   #80
tlenzendorf
Always Dreaming of Disney!

Great update!

Our plan was to do an afternoon in the WS snacking around the world, but we were having so much fun during our Dismeet that we just skipped out to hang out with them I definitely need to get back during that time of year again to try it out. I'm thinking maybe a womens' trip? I didn't even know that there was a F&W area with that store in it or I would have gotten something from there. Just what I needed, another souvenir. We took an empty suitcase down in a suitcase that didn't have much in it and didn't have much room to spare in any of our bags. Good thing we flew SW....

Will is so cute in his Peter Pan costume! I just love it!

I can't wait for our Ohana reservation and to have another one of those Pina Colavas. Only 45 days to wait now, woo hoo! I do have to say that I'm really disappointed about the dessert change. Brent doesn't really care since he doesn't like bread pudding, but he did like the ice cream and sauce.

I can't wait to see your party pics! I am still surprised at how much fun it was. I wish we could have gone a second time.

Old 12-21-2011, 08:56 PM   #81
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

F&W looks like SO much fun ! I did it back in 1998 .. but didn't really know what it was .. I just thought it was a normal part of Epcot.
Some day I might have to do it again .. the right way !

Will looks so cute in his PP costume !

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Old 12-21-2011, 09:06 PM   #82
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Did you ride the cruise WITH him? I thought it was for kids only?
Old 12-21-2011, 10:18 PM   #83
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

How awesome that F&W was so slow for you! Both of the times that we went it was crawling! But you're right, it does have to do with the time of day you go.

I liked the ravioli too! You're not alone there.

Will looks absolutely adorable in his Peter Pan costume.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:23 PM   #84
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

great update I love Ohana too!!!
Old 12-27-2011, 02:12 PM   #85
fitgirl36
DIS Veteran

Hi! Found your trip report and have enjoyed reading it. My DH, 1 yr old DD and I were at the BC Oct 16th for 5 days. Best trip ever! I was very nervous taking a young child, but it was awesome! Of course all of the advice I found on the DIS while planning our trip helped a bunch too. We are planning on going back in May but I'm really torn between BLT and VWL. We stayed in a 1 bedroom at the BC villas and loved the extra room. We wont have a car so I think being able to walk to the MK will be the selling point with DD. I have to giggle at Will's picture face, I taught my DD the cheese face for photos big, big mistake, a wrinkled little face every time! Your son seems like such a good boy keeping himself occupied with his workbooks too! Have fun planning your next trip!
Old 12-27-2011, 03:20 PM   #86
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

What a great day to be in WS for Food & Wine! We were mostly there in the evenings and definitely did NOT have the same experience as far as crowds!! I couldn't believe how packed it was, even in the middle of the week. I'm hopeful that we will have a better experience when we go next year in October and it won't be so crazy. There were a couple of things I wanted to try from some of the booths, but the lines were SO long it just wasn't worth it.

I can't wait to see how Will did at the Halloween party!!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
Old 12-30-2011, 10:11 AM   #87
msmith1026
A muffin is just an ugly cupcake.

You had posted a pic of the chocolate mousse on our FB Group, and that picture alone made me hunt it down and get one when we were at Epcot! SO good.

I love what an adventurous eater Will is. I can only dream that Zoey will be like that one day! Although, she did surprise us by loving the potato leek soup at Rose and Crown (and last night, when we were at dinner, she did ask if they had potato soup on the menu, so maybe there's hope yet!!)

I agree with you on the weirdness of people taking pictures of characters when kids are standing with them. We noticed it alot, and when we were standing in line to see Pocahontas there was a gentleman who was being very extreme with it, to the point of it boarding on creepy. The CM with Pocahontas stepped in and made him stop because it was so over the top.

Can't wait to read about your MNSSHP night!
Old 01-02-2012, 07:39 PM   #88
exwdwcm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlenzendorf View Post
Great update!

Our plan was to do an afternoon in the WS snacking around the world, but we were having so much fun during our Dismeet that we just skipped out to hang out with them I definitely need to get back during that time of year again to try it out. I'm thinking maybe a womens' trip? I didn't even know that there was a F&W area with that store in it or I would have gotten something from there. Just what I needed, another souvenir. We took an empty suitcase down in a suitcase that didn't have much in it and didn't have much room to spare in any of our bags. Good thing we flew SW....

Will is so cute in his Peter Pan costume! I just love it!

I can't wait for our Ohana reservation and to have another one of those Pina Colavas. Only 45 days to wait now, woo hoo! I do have to say that I'm really disappointed about the dessert change. Brent doesn't really care since he doesn't like bread pudding, but he did like the ice cream and sauce.

I can't wait to see your party pics! I am still surprised at how much fun it was. I wish we could have gone a second time.
Oh you definitely have to go back for F&W- a girls trip would be ideal. While we didn't participate in any of the special parties or tastings, we enjoyed just doing the booths. The Festival Center is in the old Wonders of Life building and it has the shops plus a ton of special events/tastings etc. that go on in there.

You will have to report to use on the dessert change after you go (at Ohana)- i can't wait to hear about it- you should still ask if you can get it- you never know, can't hurt to ask right? let us know on the FB group page!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
F&W looks like SO much fun ! I did it back in 1998 .. but didn't really know what it was .. I just thought it was a normal part of Epcot.
Some day I might have to do it again .. the right way !

Will looks so cute in his PP costume !
F&W was awesome, we loved it! definitely worth trying it again. Thank you- he loves his Peter pan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec View Post
Did you ride the cruise WITH him? I thought it was for kids only?
Yes, the Pirates and Pals cruise is different from the one you might be thinking about. The pirates and pals is for everyone- the whole family. There is a separate cruise you can do that I think leaves out of the GF where the kids go on a boat and scavenger hunt on their own with CMs. It is different from this one- this one is a fireworks cruise with food before and fun on board- highly recommend it. I don't know that Will is old enough (just turned 4) to do the other cruise (by himself)- i am not sure the age requirement on it, but we might look into it for him next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
How awesome that F&W was so slow for you! Both of the times that we went it was crawling! But you're right, it does have to do with the time of day you go.

I liked the ravioli too! You're not alone there.

Will looks absolutely adorable in his Peter Pan costume.
We knew it would be busy, so we planned to do it during the weekdays and in the morning. We literally started at 10:45am, when the booths opened, it was dead back there that early, as most folks are still in future world or just arriving. By 1 or 2pm, it was slowly getting crowded. So glad someone else liked the ravioli-

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
great update I love Ohana too!!!
did you hear about the dessert change? can you let us know if it is true and if you can still get the bread pudding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitgirl36 View Post
Hi! Found your trip report and have enjoyed reading it. My DH, 1 yr old DD and I were at the BC Oct 16th for 5 days. Best trip ever! I was very nervous taking a young child, but it was awesome! Of course all of the advice I found on the DIS while planning our trip helped a bunch too. We are planning on going back in May but I'm really torn between BLT and VWL. We stayed in a 1 bedroom at the BC villas and loved the extra room. We wont have a car so I think being able to walk to the MK will be the selling point with DD. I have to giggle at Will's picture face, I taught my DD the cheese face for photos big, big mistake, a wrinkled little face every time! Your son seems like such a good boy keeping himself occupied with his workbooks too! Have fun planning your next trip!
BLT is definitely the winner given your situation. While I actually love the ambiance and look of WL over BLT (contemporary design is totally not our style)- the location makes up for it all. Being able to just walk out the doors, push the stroller down the sidewalk for 5 minutes and you are at the gates of the MK- can't beat it. Never waiting on a bus or walking to the car. It's awesome. With a little one, you spend so much time at MK, so I say save VWL for a future trip and do BLT this time. We've done a one bedroom before (last Dec) and loved it! amazing amount of space, plus the views from BLT are great. you might luck out with a fireworks or partial fireworks view. We were able to watch the water parade each night from our balcony which Will loved, plus catching the fireworks from the bridge or TOWL is great too. That is the one reason we bought at BLT, location. And so far, we haven't booked anywhere else and this is our third year as owners. As long as Will is still small and we are spending a lot of time at MK, we will continue to stay there- can't beat the convenience.

oh and thanks for reading!!!! love the cheese face

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
What a great day to be in WS for Food & Wine! We were mostly there in the evenings and definitely did NOT have the same experience as far as crowds!! I couldn't believe how packed it was, even in the middle of the week. I'm hopeful that we will have a better experience when we go next year in October and it won't be so crazy. There were a couple of things I wanted to try from some of the booths, but the lines were SO long it just wasn't worth it.

I can't wait to see how Will did at the Halloween party!!
ouch on the crowds, but at least we know the mornings are the time to go now! I am nervous about doing it next year, since we will be going in November like you guys did---and it will be the last week of F&W. We plan to be there at 10:45am ready to eat! We will hit it the last Friday am and last Sunday am. I anticipate it being more crowded, but hoping we can still enjoy it. October should be better for you guys! Funny how we are swapping times!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith1026 View Post
You had posted a pic of the chocolate mousse on our FB Group, and that picture alone made me hunt it down and get one when we were at Epcot! SO good.

I love what an adventurous eater Will is. I can only dream that Zoey will be like that one day! Although, she did surprise us by loving the potato leek soup at Rose and Crown (and last night, when we were at dinner, she did ask if they had potato soup on the menu, so maybe there's hope yet!!)

I agree with you on the weirdness of people taking pictures of characters when kids are standing with them. We noticed it alot, and when we were standing in line to see Pocahontas there was a gentleman who was being very extreme with it, to the point of it boarding on creepy. The CM with Pocahontas stepped in and made him stop because it was so over the top.

Can't wait to read about your MNSSHP night!
OH that mousse is a must for me each trip. I always try and plan a stop at the bakery for ham/cheese croissant and that mousse. the lemon tart DH got was divine too- it is on my list now. I can't believe how good he eats, given how picky I am. I don't even eat salad (hate lettuce, tomato, onions). I got lucky with him- he eats like his dad.

Rose and Crown- how did you guys like it? We've never tried it and i might want to try it out in November. yeah, some of those picture taking folks are down right creepy. ugh!

Old 01-02-2012, 08:51 PM   #89
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

I went to Ohana for NYE and it was still the bread pudding!!!
Old 01-07-2012, 10:25 PM   #90
MickeyLover20
Mouseketeer

Just found your TR today and am caught up...loving it so far! Can't wait to hear (read) about the rest of your trip. Will seems like such a sweet little boy...I can't believe how good he is, not wanting to get out and run around and explore, you are very lucky.

Tags
exwdwcm, halloween, michelle, mnsshp, october

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: