Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2011, 04:59 PM   #46
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Hi Michelle,

getting caught up!

fun news about the preplanning for 2012 already...a good Diser friend of mine DisMomAmy is just geeting back from WDW and did the F&W/MVMCP thing I'll post you a link to her TR when she get's started.

I am in complete agreement w/ you about your Happy Place...me too

stinky about the car, but g;lad security got it jumped for you

wow what a brave little guy to go on ToT! i love that ride too. looking forward to more
Old 11-13-2011, 09:04 PM   #47
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Joining in!! Loving your TR so far. I think our trips overlapped some - it was a great time to be there!

I was really struck by what you said about being so grateful for your DS after all you went through. I know exactly what you mean. I tried to become a parent for close to 5 years before I realized that my path to a family was through adoption; I am so thankful every day for my DD. I was almost 38 years old when she came home, and I am very tired a lot of the time , but I am so thrilled to be spending every day with her. I am so glad that you finally have your adorable DS!

I am marveling at your relatively short wait for Phineas and Ferb. That was the longest wait of our 9-day trip!!!

Looking forward to more.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-21-2011, 08:44 PM   #48
exwdwcm
wishes she was Wendy Moira Angela Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith1026 View Post
We ended up never going to HS during our trip, the day we were supposed to go to the park Zoey slept until 9:30 and I just thought it was better to make it a rest day. I was bummed, i really wanted a cupcake, you know, for research purposes!!! JP had Lunch with an Imagineer that day, so he went to the park alone and Zoey and I sat by the pool.

Will eats his cupcakes like Zoey, apparently. She eats just the frosting most of the time too. Sometimes I cut the cake in half, and put the bottom half i just cut on top of the frosting, making it a sandwich. She loves to eat it that way!

I love that Will road ToT. My favorite ride! I made JP ride that for me since I was with Zoey.

Nice that you could get the jump from security for free!
lol at the cupcake for research purposes! I love it! I totally work in the wrong business. It sounds like you had a good rest day though instead! William just eats the frosting now too (and me as well).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post
Hi Michelle,

getting caught up!

fun news about the preplanning for 2012 already...a good Diser friend of mine DisMomAmy is just geeting back from WDW and did the F&W/MVMCP thing I'll post you a link to her TR when she get's started.

I am in complete agreement w/ you about your Happy Place...me too

stinky about the car, but g;lad security got it jumped for you

wow what a brave little guy to go on ToT! i love that ride too. looking forward to more
would love a link to her TR when she starts!!!! thanks for thinking of me. Yes, so thrilled security was able to help. I was panicked at first, but I really tried to not let it bother me too much and ended up having a great day and didn't worry about it too much. Which for me, is saying a LOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Joining in!! Loving your TR so far. I think our trips overlapped some - it was a great time to be there!

I was really struck by what you said about being so grateful for your DS after all you went through. I know exactly what you mean. I tried to become a parent for close to 5 years before I realized that my path to a family was through adoption; I am so thankful every day for my DD. I was almost 38 years old when she came home, and I am very tired a lot of the time , but I am so thrilled to be spending every day with her. I am so glad that you finally have your adorable DS!

I am marveling at your relatively short wait for Phineas and Ferb. That was the longest wait of our 9-day trip!!!

Looking forward to more.
ah, hugs to you and your amazing little blessing. No matter how they come to us, all a blessing! I am 38 now and we are going to be trying to #2 this year, probably doing IVF again next fall.

P&F were awesome, I knew there would be a wait, so I wanted to tackle it early! thanks for joining in the TR!!!

WDW College Program-Fall 96
84, 86-FTW, 93-FTW, 97, 98-OFFSITE, 00-POR, 03, 04, 05-GAYLORD, 04-POFQ, 05-POR, 06-CBR, 07-AKL, May 09-DIS Podcast Cruise, DEC 09-DAP/WL, Sept 10-DL, DEC 10 BLT, FEB 10 JOINED DVC! AUG 11 DLH, OCT 11 BLT, NOV 2012 BLT
Old 11-21-2011, 09:20 PM   #49
exwdwcm

so i've been MIA. I did return from Anaheim last Monday, a week ago, but work has taken over ever since and catching up from being out of town on business.

I hope to have the next day posted soon- i have it all ready, just need to add pics.

In the meantime, I got my PP pics!! yeah- here are some from day one- enjoy!

84, 86-FTW, 93-FTW, 97, 98-OFFSITE, 00-POR, 03, 04, 05-GAYLORD, 04-POFQ, 05-POR, 06-CBR, 07-AKL, May 09-DIS Podcast Cruise, DEC 09-DAP/WL, Sept 10-DL, DEC 10 BLT, FEB 10 JOINED DVC! AUG 11 DLH, OCT 11 BLT, NOV 2012 BLT
Old 11-21-2011, 10:16 PM   #50
exwdwcm

And my business trip to anaheim was okay. The hotel was a total dump. Had the sink back up on me night one, bedding was all stained and nasty, yuck! But it would have to do for 4 nights.

I was able to shop at DTD on the first night- a Thursday night. Friday am, I was able to do RD at DL and even hit DCA for a few hours before working that night. Then back to DL. on Saturday, I only hit DL that night for a few hours. Sunday, I hit DL and DCA in the am again and then again that night after working a few hours that afternoon. I headed home Monday. So I actually spent more time in the parks than I did working. LOL! Also saw Michael Eisner's keynote at the show, which was fun.

Here are a few pics. I fell in love with Haunted Mansion holiday. rode it 5x! It was so cool. Also loved Small World holiday!

[img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a1cf00b3127ccefeff783d88f300000030O08RbtHLVi1B7e fCQ/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/
[/img]

Last edited by exwdwcm; 11-29-2011 at 09:13 AM.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:23 AM   #51
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

I love the photos of Will hugging Pooh Bear & high fiving P&F! So cute, and really shows he was having a great time!

How great that you got to play more than work on your business trip!! I'm getting more excited for our first DL trip after seeing your pics. Although now, I think once we take our May trip there, we might have to make a fall trip in the future to see these holiday overlays everyone keeps raving about!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
Old 11-29-2011, 09:07 AM   #52
exwdwcm

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 15th

PART 2
We left off with William waking up from his short nap. Mommy and Daddy are pretty tired too, but no nap for us. Alan read out on the balcony while Will napped or usually got on the laptop. He had brought two books along. At first, I was like, when are you going to actually read. But he did.

While I was down shopping, I had also stopped by the concierge desk to pick up our MNSSHP tickets and a birthday button for William. So back up in the room, we all get changed and ready for dinner. William is wearing a renaissance fair type knightís costume that was a hand me down from a friend of ours. He wore it to the local ren faire and I thought it might be cute for dinner at Cinderellaís Royal Table (CRT).
Mom, stop taking my picture already.

I put on jeans tonight, but it turns out it is pretty hot. Not a good decision! We are used to the humidity in TX, but it is worse here. We walk over to the MK. I canít say enough how much I love this walk. It beats the monorail for sure. As much as I love the monorail, we would have to wait for it first off, then risk getting on a packed monorail, since it just left the MK and is packed with folks waiting for the TTC, Poly or GF stops. Weíve actually had to wait for a second monorail once it was so full when it arrived at CR! So we love the option to walk. It is only about 5minutes or so and a nice walk. I mean, you are walking miles a day, whatís a little more?

So we get into the MK, it is pretty crowded, but then again, it is a Saturday and touringplans ranked this day as a ď8Ē! Ouch! So we knew it would be crowded. Many people arrive on Saturdays and the first place they want to go is the MK. Plus MK was open until midnight this night, one of the few nights it had late hours, especially given the early (7pm) closing on MVMCP nights. We had planned to do dinner and just whatever we felt like we could do in the crowds. We werenít going to try and hit any big rides.

Our dinner reservation is for 5:45pm. We get in the gates and see Chip and Dale. William loves them! The line isnít long, so we stop and get a pic.

I see the cute sign for the MNSSHP and take a pic of that too.

I love the park all done up for Halloween!

After our encounter with Chip and Dale, we head in and check in early for CRT at 5:15pm. Folks are trying to walk up and being sent away. I feel bad more newbies donít know to make ADRs and that is one of the first things I always tell friends or family planning trips.

Even checking in early, we get right in. We head into the room and get our pic made with Cinderella! William was in awe.

We were seated within about 15 minutes or less.
We had a table right in the middle pretty much. I was hoping for a window seat, but no luck. Our server was okay. We did use our TIW card and ended up getting about $30 back credited on the card I used to pay for the meal in advance.

Since this is a set meal with appetizer and dessert, I order the cheese platter, DH gets the shrimp cocktail and William gets some grapes and cheese. The cheese are very good!

For dinner, I have the beef, DH has the stuffed chicken and William has the chicken nuggets. William is a pretty adventurous eater and he doesnít often order chicken nuggets.

We enjoy seeing all of the princesses being introduced and come out into the dining room. We have a seat pretty much right in the middle. First up to visit was Sleeping Beauty. This is the only good picture with a princess of Will. He started making this really weird face in all of the others. Go figure, toddlers.

Then Snow White

Next up was Ariel. She was asking him if he fought dragons and he was very shy!

Then they started the wishing ceremony, which I had never seen before. It was so cute! He waved his sword in the air, the girls waved their wands and they each had a little mirrored star they were given at the table, so they had to wish on it. So cute- the room got slightly dark and lit up for the end.

Here he is wishing really hard!

Then there was Belle. William is a big reader, so he liked her since she likes books too!

William was given double dessert. He got the ice cream, but they also brought him a birthday cupcake and of course it was purple! So he had purple icing all over the place. But he had a good time with it. I really enjoyed my dessert, I am a sucker for chocolate mousse!

Great meal- better than expected. No waits and good service. Food was actually much better than I had planned on. So that was a pleasant surprise. Don't get me wrong, it is pricey, but we were happy with our experience and glad we did it now while William is still young enough to like the princesses and not think they have cooties.

So we say good bye to the castle and head out to the HUGE crowds in the MK. I knew it was going to be crowded this evening. It is MK on a Saturday night, with it being open until midnight. With the halloween parties, this is one of the only late nights available to guests at MK, so of course everyone is here.

We knew this going in and had planned to just hit the less popular stuff with shorter lines and head out when we were tired. Alan and I both hate crowds, not a phobia type thing, but more of an "I get annoyed with stupid people" thing. So the crowded walkways and crazy stroller drivers were not fun. We finally found a spot to park the stroller and headed into PhilHarmagic. There is no line. William giggles his way through this movie- he loves it. He jumps and laughs during the parts that are 3D. Next up, we hit the Haunted Mansion.

After visiting the Haunted Mansion in Disneyland in August (for our quick one day visit), this has quickly become William's favorite ride. So we knew we just had to do it. We decide to check out the cemetery, it is a new addition since our trip last year. William has a ball with it. We wait about 20 minutes, including the cemetery visit. William's favorite part is the book shelves and the books that pop out at you.

When we get to the main line again, the CM sees Will's birthday button and has the entire line sing happy birthday to him. Yep, one of those special moments. He was so shy, but it was so cute!

We finally get in and Will actually gets scared in the first room and asks to leave, but then he loves it. Not sure why he got scared, since he rode this like 3x in DL (and last year at WDW), but I guess he didn't remember the dark room or something. He says he remembers and isn't scared anymore. The kid knows the entire spiel for this ride now. He can literally recite the whole thing, and accents the words in an eerie way just like Vincent Price. It is too funny.

We finally decide the crowds are just too much and head back for the night. We have a full week ahead to enjoy without the crazy crowds. Plus it was a long day already. We are ready for the rest. While we enjoy nighttime, we tend to really get more out of our early mornings at the parks than nighttime hours. Will can stay up as late as we keep going usually, he rarely crashes in the stroller, but we figured it was best to break.

As we hit Main Street to exit, MSEP is lining up. We decide to head through the Emporium to try and exit. Not good planning/timing on our part. It is the 8pm showing. We had gotten into dinner early (at 5:30pm) and only done the two rides, so it was still early. We finally get to the front of the Emporium, but can't get across, as the parade is coming right around the circle there. It is the tail-end of it, so we let William watch. Then we head for the exit and walk back to BLT. It is close to 9pm now.

We give Will a bath, call both the grandmas and head to bed, finally all asleep by 10:30pm. First day was a success!

Old 11-29-2011, 09:17 AM   #53
exwdwcm

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
I love the photos of Will hugging Pooh Bear & high fiving P&F! So cute, and really shows he was having a great time!

How great that you got to play more than work on your business trip!! I'm getting more excited for our first DL trip after seeing your pics. Although now, I think once we take our May trip there, we might have to make a fall trip in the future to see these holiday overlays everyone keeps raving about!
ah thanks! He loves Pooh a lot!

I know, I've been very fortunate this year- mixing in a day at DL with the family (and San Diego) in August on a business trip, then getting a few nights at DL solo in November. Plus our big WDW trip in October. I hate to say it, but i am almost vacationed/traveled out! We had the week in the TN mountains in June too and I had a week in Vegas for work in July. Next year will just be the one big trip to Disney and that's it!

i would say, be sure and check the refurb schedule. Be sure you go when you can see Haunted Mansion holiday at least- if you can see the Small World holiday, it is awesome too. We did a girls trip for my birthday a few years back to DL and we went like second week of Sept, and HM was closed for the holiday overlay. So just check the schedule. you will love DL, while more compact and a different experience, it definitely has its own charms!

Old 11-29-2011, 09:19 AM   #54
exwdwcm

Thanks for hanging in guys! It's been a busy few months! Now I can finally get back to working on the trip report, so the next update will come in the next few days! Stay tuned!

Work has been crazy busy and then I had that work trip and Thanksgiving take over. But now things are settling down more and I can get this finished up. I have to say, it is fun to revisit the memories and photos now that almost 2 months have passed. It reminds me of what a great time we had and I am looking forward to planning our next trip in November! Our booking window for DVC opens up in the next 2 weeks!

Old 11-29-2011, 04:02 PM   #55
WDWCP96
DIS Veteran

Love the PP pictures. Glad that you enjoyed CRT. We ate there years ago with DH's family and had a good experience as well.

We are thinking about going to WDW next November as well and stay at BLT.

Fall 1996-College Program,1997-1998-Seasonal Employee, April 1999-Off-site, July 2002-Off-site and Disney Cruise,May 2008-Off-site,May 2009-All-Star Movies,October 2010-DVC owners first stay at BLT, June 2011-Boardwalk Villas/Old Key WestNov. 2012-AKL/BLT, June/July 2013-Fort Wildernesss campground/VWL, June/July 2014-POP Century/Fort Wilderness Campground/POR-Royal Room
Old 12-02-2011, 02:14 PM   #56
nemofans
DIS Veteran

How was the weather for this trip?

I've been BOO'd!!

8/2000 Grosvenor Resort (got engaged!), 11/2005 DL PPH CL, 12/2006 Poly, 02/2008 AKL, 2/2010 CR CL, 2/2011 DCL Magic, 11/2011 DL GCH, 10/2012 AKL CL

2013 Book Challenge: 87 out of 75 GOAL MET!!
2014 Book Challenge: 60 out of 85
Old 12-02-2011, 02:28 PM   #57
exwdwcm

I promised another update soon- here you are!

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 16

Good morning! Here is how the day looked from the elevator area in BLT! Beautiful and warm.

Today we started at the Magic Kingdom! We figured it was a good plan, since they had late hours last night until midnight. Usually the park that is open late the night before is pretty empty that next morning. MK opened at 9am today and we made it in time for rope drop. We headed in at the back of the pack. We make it to Fantasyland and the Dumbo line is looking pretty long already. I think all the folks in the front of the pack hit that first, so it is overwhelmed at the moment.

We decide to get Peter Pan FP for later and head over to Pooh. There is no wait at all. We actually ride it twice in a row and let William play in the queue some.

I also take a few photos of the construction. It is amazing to see it all in progress. I canít wait to see what has been done and is open when we head back next November 2012. The new Dumbo should be open by then, Snow White will probably be closed (to be turned into Fairy Tale Hall) and most of the B&B stuff should be open- including the Be Our Guest restaurant, Belleís Cottage and the Tavern. Not sure on the timing of Little Mermaid, but it might be open by then too, although I have to say, I wasnít impressed with the ride in DL, just a dark ride, so donít care about that one too much.

The boys then head off to the carousel while I go to the bathroom back by Pinnochioís Village Haus.
There are some big construction walls up by there, I think some of the castle wall posts are going up by there. I meet the boys and we ride Peter Pan with our FP and grab another FP for late. Now it is time to head to our late breakfast at Crystal Palace. CP is a tradition for every trip. We love breakfast there. William really loves the Pooh characters and we love the food. We like doing either a very early (before park opening) or late breakfast here.

I took a few pics as we waited. We had managed to ride Pooh twice, Peter Pan and the carousel before breakfast, not too shabby.

Today was a good choice for the late breakfast. Although when we arrived, it was pretty packed and in fact, they seated us at a two-top and pulled up an extra chair to it. We were pretty smushed in there. But the restaurant cleared out quickly and we had a lot of the characters to ourselves!

I get Willís plate and then mine. First up to visit our table is Tigger.

Next is Piglet.

William really loves the custom autograph book I made/ordered on Shutterfly. Thanks to other DISers, I found some layouts I could import into shutterfly that someone else on here already designed. I just selected which ones I wanted to use. For example, one page has all 4 Pooh characters on it, with their photo and a box next to it for them to sign in. William thought this was the coolest and he really got into getting signatures (as he called it) this time. It definitely made it a lot of fun. We havenít focused on hunting for characters or autographs on past trips, but we did more of it this time.

Then Pooh visits.
Iím keeping my eye on you Pooh!

Okay, seriously, what is this pose? Will started doing this in all the pictures on this trip.
He would lean forward, stick his chin out, close his eyes and open his mouth- so un-photo friendly! I could not get him to take decent pics half the time, which is normally not a problem!

Then Eeyore came by- more strange poses from Will

He got another birthday cupcake, which once again, he did not finish. It felt so wasteful! While the free cupcakes are nice each time, it almost got to be too much. Breakfast was not agreeing with me for some reason and I had a bit of a tummy ache! Ugh. WE were finished with breakfast by 11:15am. So where to next? Haunted Mansion of course, by request of Will. We skip the cemetery this time.

We run into Donald in Frontierland and wait for a pic. Donald thinks Willís book is so cool!

We then head to BTMMR and I get some great pics of Will riding with his daddy! He even put his hands up!

After that, it is time for our DIS meet! I loved chatting with all the great folks in our October trip planning thread and FB group. So a few of us had set up a time to meet for Dole Whips in Adventureland at 1pm. Alan wasnít sure what to think, but he went along with it. Alan got our dole whips while I sat and looked for lime green mickey heads. Finally I spot some! Turns out quite a few of us were there waiting and just didnít recognize each other. We all got to say hello and chat a bit! Michelleís son was so sweet and was showing Alan all of his cool pins. I really enjoyed chatting with all the wonderful ladies and their families. I have yet to meet a bad egg on the DIS when meeting in person. We took a few group shots before going our separate ways. Although I know a few of the folks ended up hanging out together later on in the trip! I tell you, some great friendships are forged here on the DIS, sharing our passion for all things Disney! I am so glad I took the time out to meet these wonderful folks! We wanted to hang out more, but I knew Will had hit his breaking point and it was time for a little rest/nap at the hotel. It was almost 2pm by now and weíd been going hard since 8am.

On the way out, we saw the stage show going on and Will wanted to watch. I had no clue he would be interested in these shows, so next year, we will build it into the schedule for sure!

On the way out, I forced Alan into more PP pics! I love this one.

We also caught the band on the way out!

I took a few pics of the crowds and dťcor

Old 12-02-2011, 03:06 PM   #58
tlenzendorf
Always Dreaming of Disney!

I LOVE CP breakfast!! It's one of my favorites. We are scheduled for one for our February adult trip even, lol.

I totally agree about making great friends on the DIS. Laurie(LJD2143), Darren, Brent and I are even going on an adults trip in February together. It was amazing that even the kids got along well!

Old 12-02-2011, 03:24 PM   #59
tlenzendorf
Always Dreaming of Disney!

I LOVE CP breakfast!! It's one of my favorites. We are scheduled for one for our February adult trip even, lol.

I totally agree about making great friends on the DIS. Laurie(LJD2143), Darren, Brent and I are even going on an adults trip in February together. It was amazing that even the kids got along well!

Old 12-02-2011, 05:06 PM   #60
kid@heart-karen
Mouseketeer

I am jumping on board. I am usually a lurker, however I just had to tell you that your son is adorable. I am sure he makes your husband and you very happy. I am looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip.

Tags
exwdwcm, halloween, michelle, mnsshp, october

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: