Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2011, 09:27 PM   #16
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Ugh, flight delays! I agree with you, I don't normally like flying with layovers either, but this time for myself too, I had to book it too.

Oh, and agree about AirTran. What's up with the $6 seat fee?!

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:17 AM   #17
exwdwcm
wishes she was Wendy Moira Angela Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyWDW View Post
Super excited to read your trip report! I was great getting to meet you and your family and it was a highlight of our trip! I hope we all keep in touch!
ah, loved meeting everyone too- that was certainly a highlight for us as well. I had three lovely DIS meets while there and hope to have many more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post
I'm in looking forward to reading along and can't wait till I make a hauntingly good appearance in this TR too

I say it does stink to pay the extra $ for the seats together glad despite the transfer eveything went well w/ the travel and Will was so good!
haha- oh, you can bet there will be a cute, um, scary pic included!!!! Yeah the airlines are charging us fee by fee until we are broke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith1026 View Post
I'm in!!! Can't wait to hear all about your trip!!!
Welcome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Ugh, flight delays! I agree with you, I don't normally like flying with layovers either, but this time for myself too, I had to book it too.

Oh, and agree about AirTran. What's up with the $6 seat fee?!
Yeah, we avoid connections when possible, which is usually pretty easy since we fly out of DFW (which is usually a connection point for others!). I hate all those stupid fees. heck, i am flying to Anaheim for work on November 10th (yeah quick stop at DTD and DL!!!)- anyhow- i booked through our work travel system on AA- and now AA is charging more if you want window or aisle. so i am stuck in a middle seat for the long haul to the west coast. really? come on airlines!!!! how on earth are they going under when they are charging all of these fees? lol

WDW College Program-Fall 96
84, 86-FTW, 93-FTW, 97, 98-OFFSITE, 00-POR, 03, 04, 05-GAYLORD, 04-POFQ, 05-POR, 06-CBR, 07-AKL, May 09-DIS Podcast Cruise, DEC 09-DAP/WL, Sept 10-DL, DEC 10 BLT, FEB 10 JOINED DVC! AUG 11 DLH, OCT 11 BLT, NOV 2012 BLT
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-27-2011, 12:17 PM   #18
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Yay, you started!

I'm glad William was so good on the plane. I'm hoping for that myself! Luckily our flight is only about 1 hr and 40 minutes or so...hopefully we can keep him entertained that long!!

His shirt is adorable!! Where did you get it?

Too bad about the planes being delayed. It always sucks when you plan everything for so long and something out of your control happens to mess it up. Hopefully things only get better from there for y'all.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
Old 10-27-2011, 12:42 PM   #19
Curiouser&curiouser!
DIS Veteran

I just found your trip report and I am enjoying it.

We just got back from our first family trip with DS2 (We had been many times without kids) and it looks like our next trip will be right about your son's age! So this is perfect for tips!!
Old 10-28-2011, 01:16 PM   #20
exwdwcm

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
Yay, you started!

I'm glad William was so good on the plane. I'm hoping for that myself! Luckily our flight is only about 1 hr and 40 minutes or so...hopefully we can keep him entertained that long!!

His shirt is adorable!! Where did you get it?

Too bad about the planes being delayed. It always sucks when you plan everything for so long and something out of your control happens to mess it up. Hopefully things only get better from there for y'all.
An hour and 40 minutes shouldn't be too bad! I ordered his t-shirt on etsy.com. Just go on there and search for disney birthday shirts. You will see a ton- amazing designs!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiouser&curiouser! View Post
I just found your trip report and I am enjoying it.

We just got back from our first family trip with DS2 (We had been many times without kids) and it looks like our next trip will be right about your son's age! So this is perfect for tips!!
Thanks for reading along! Enjoy! Yes, this was his third trip, but it was the first time he was truly excited about meeting the characters and was really into having his book signed. He would grab it from me beforehand and get all ready. So that was a lot of fun. Plus we would ask him where he wanted to go next or ride next and he is at that age where he can actually tell you and really know what he wants. It was a lot of fun!! I think it is a great age!!!

84, 86-FTW, 93-FTW, 97, 98-OFFSITE, 00-POR, 03, 04, 05-GAYLORD, 04-POFQ, 05-POR, 06-CBR, 07-AKL, May 09-DIS Podcast Cruise, DEC 09-DAP/WL, Sept 10-DL, DEC 10 BLT, FEB 10 JOINED DVC! AUG 11 DLH, OCT 11 BLT, NOV 2012 BLT
Old 10-28-2011, 01:26 PM   #21
exwdwcm

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 15- continued

So we make to baggage claim and wait and wait. Finally our large bag comes through, but no car seat. I am already running through my head the cost to rent one at $10 a day. Ouch! Finally after 20 minutes or more, other bags come up on a completely different carousel next to the one our bag come on. And suddenly we see the car seat. That took like 30 minutes. Ugh!

So we take all of our crap, wheeling most of the carry ons in the stroller while Will walks and pulls his own backpack on wheels. We head downstairs to the parking garage. I notice the HUGE line at the Alamo counter as we pass by. I am so glad I didn’t use Alamo now. We rented from National, who I prefer since I use Emerald Aisle. So we head straight out to the first floor of the parking garage.

I notice all the folks at the airport that are heading in- their vacations over and I get a little sad in anticipation of that being us in a week. Funny, how at the beginning of your vacation, you are already dreading the end. But I try and enjoy and savor the moment knowing we are just beginning ours.

We get to the parking garage, find the midsize aisle and pick out a silver Toyota corolla. It will do. With Emerald Aisle, you simply pick the car, get in and go. I only had to show my ID and credit card at the booth on the drive out and it took like one minute. Thank you Emerald Aisle- sure beats waiting in line at a kiosk or counter. I drive and we head out on 528 to I-4- my preferred route, it is just the way I always go and know the best.

I remember my days as a CM, and how I HATED the tourists that had no clue where they were going when driving. I have a flashback as a car in front of us proceeds to completely stop on the road instead of yielding and merging into the traffic. Seriously people! We finally make it to I-4 and I usually exit at 535, at Downtown Disney basically, driving in through the village hotel area. The traffic is CRAZY. I guess it is Friday night. And it is about 8:45pm or later now. We wait at the light forever and finally get into Disney property and see the big sign. Yeah! We are here. The traffic near DTD is simple insane. Glad we aren’t going there tonight.

We turn and follow the signs to the MK towards our home for the next 8 nights- Bay Lake Towers. We check in the guard booth and proceed to park in the BLT parking lot. We all head in to CR to check in. DH takes William over to the cartoons, which he adores. He loves the old school cartoons. I’ve ordered him some of the “have a laugh” series, but I need to find more of the original old cartoons- especially with Donald. He watches them online a lot, so he loved this.

I go to the online check in desk. There is one lady up there, plus a guy that I can’t figure out if he is in line or not. Turns out he had been in line and needed to get something to bring back to the desk. I didn’t wait but like a minute. I didn’t notice a huge line for the regular check in either.

I get a very nice gentleman that grabs my packet for me. He shows me where our room is, it is on the inside of the curve, directly over the pool, 12th floor. I had requested high floor, even number. I only got high floor. Given we were checking in so late, I didn’t risk trying to get another room, since really, this one is pretty good- great pool view. The only better room would be the north side with a potential fireworks view and I didn’t want to risk losing the room we had. He was super nice and broke open the MK map to show me the best spots to view the Halloween parade. He said near Splash Mtn, you can’t hear the music. So I did learn something new! He also pointed out his favorite food and wine booths too.

So with our keys and packet in hand, we pryed Will away from the cartoons and went out to the car to get our bags and up we went. Will’s big thing this trip was pushing the elevator buttons. If you even dared get close to pushing it, he would give you the evil eye. One time, DH pushed it on accident, not thinking and a complete tantrum followed. Not good.

So up we go to the 12th floor. We were fairly close to the elevator, about 4 doors down or so. That was nice because last year, we were at the very end of the hall. We opened the door and DH commented on how small the room was. LOL. Sorry dear. Next time we will really consider the one bedroom (which is what we had last year). It is quite a change from the spacious one bedroom. But it was enough room for the three of us. There was the queen size bed, pull out couch, table, chairs, dresser etc. I did see that we were not in a newly updated room. Our sink was still in the kitchen. To be honest, I didn’t mind it all that much, except for the few times DH and I crashed into each other while he was brushing his teeth and I was trying to get in the fridge for water or something. That was annoying.

I hated the toilet area- it was small, dark and the while we had a “lock” if you even call it that on the door, it barely worked and there was still a good inch gap on the door where you could see in. Not very conducive to doing your private business. I hated that. I also hate how loud those toilets are. The room was clean, but it smelled funny to me. Sort of a rank, moldy smell. DH didn’t smell it. Everything else seemed fine with the exception of the toilet. The top lid opened, but the actual seat itself, well if you lifted it, it wouldn’t stay up. For my little 3 year old, that was not good. He couldn’t hold it up and pee like his dad can, so he ended up just peeing all over the seat instead. Thanks kid. As the only woman in the room, I sure did appreciate that. Lucky me.

We leave our bags and head to the Contempo Café for dinner. Originally, I had considered taking the monorail over to the Poly and eating at Captain Cook’s, just for a change of scenery, but we were so tired and it was late, thanks for the late flight and flooded airplane bathroom (what is with the bad luck in the bathrooms?)

So we head across the bridge to CR and look, there’s WISHES going off- we stop for a moment and watch. What a great first night, walk out to the bridge and see fireworks. This is why I love BLT!!!

We then head into the CR and order at Contempo Café using the fancy machines. I get a burger/fries, DH gets a salad and we get William a burger with applesauce and grapes. He also wants a cupcake. Since he was so good on the planes, we let him get one- the red velvet one. It ends up sitting in our fridge the rest of the trip with only 2 bites taken out of it. Go figure.

We get our food and it is okay, nothing fancy. I enjoy hearing the monorail rush by as we eat, so relaxing. I actually answered my mom’s panel question about my favorite resort this way-------how I immediately relax when I step into BLT/CR and hear the giggles from Chef Mickey’s and the monorail whizzing by. This. Is. My. Happy. Place.

As we walk back across the bridge, I see they are showing the Lion King on the movie screen outside downstairs- so fun! WE don’t end up doing it this trip, but nice to know it is an option! We also catch the electrical water pageant. Talk about a magical first night!

So after dinner, we are exhausted. We get back to the room and I call bell services to deliver our garden grocer order and also a box a lovely DIS friend left for us. She had stayed at BLT the week before us and packed up some of her leftover water, detergent, apple juice, cereal, soap and more.

It only takes them about 10-15 minutes to bring it up- I tip him $5 and start unpacking. We didn’t order much- just water, juice, milk, apples, yogurt, applesauce etc. I give Will a quick bath and pull out his bed (couch) and get him to rest and do his books while I unpack. I am OCD, through and through. I can’t rest or go to sleep until the room is all organized, unpacked and clean. So DH plays on the laptop and reads his book while I do that. Of course, what is on the TV? None other than Stacy! Gotta love it! I love listening to it over and over, or putting it on the resort channel.

So all unpacked and tired, I finally give in and go to sleep. It is about 11pm. We have an early morning tomorrow, but we all pass out. I have a hard time sleeping though. It is only an hour time difference form home in TX, but I wake up at 3am, 4am and 5am. DH wakes at 5am for good.

And here is where the fun starts……….I have a hard time sleeping because I was worried about the rental car. When we took the bags out and locked it, I pressed the lock button and the lights were still on. Usually they shut off after a while. So I made a comment to DH about “hey, the lights will turn off, right?” and he says yes. So I kept looking back as we walked off, but lights were still on. I know some cars take a while to turn off and I didn’t remember the lights being on when we first left the car, so I assumed they shut off on their own that first time and would again. But now, tossing and turning, I am second guessing myself- did the lights turn off automatically or not? I almost went out in my pajamas to check. So what happens? Stay tuned to find out!

Old 10-28-2011, 04:10 PM   #22
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

Hi there, I'm joining in!

I hear ya on the BLT bathroom situation! I would love to add on some BLT points (our home is SSR), but I just can't get over the bathroom. I haven't been staying on top of the fixes, but hopefully that is something they have been addressing.

I hope that your car is OK, there would be nothing worse than a dead battery on vacation!
Old 10-28-2011, 08:51 PM   #23
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Got another OCD unpacker here too. I have to get the room all organized before I can think about crawling into bed. No matter how late in the day it is. You've got a friend here with that!

I love the cupcakes from Contempo Cafe. I got several of them when we stayed there in July.

That sucks that you kept thinking about the car while you were trying to sleep. I am hoping that it went well...

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
Old 10-29-2011, 07:21 AM   #24
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Yikes, I hope the lights ended up going off on their own! I'm OCD about locking the doors on my car (my lights don't go off automatically, so I', OCD about turning those off too when I have to use them), so I wouldn't have been able to go to sleep without going back to check...or sending DH to do it! I have to hit the lock button and hear the horn beep at least twice if not 3 times to be satisfied that the car is locked! Definitely get that from my mom.

I hope the late night didn't interfere with your early morning! We all know just how important those are!!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014 | MARCH 2015 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove | OCTOBER 2015 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal | FEBRUARY 2016 // ??
Old 10-29-2011, 07:47 AM   #25
zhonggu54
Earning My Ears

I am here now, too late for me? I really enjoyed your trip .
Old 10-29-2011, 08:13 AM   #26
mjwheelerali
A newly addicted Disney fan! :)

We're going in December with our 3.5 year old so definitely joining in to hear more about your adventure!!!
Old 10-31-2011, 12:59 PM   #27
tlenzendorf
Always Dreaming of Disney!

I'm here and ready!

Old 10-31-2011, 01:07 PM   #28
hardingk
DVC Member since 2007 AKV & BLT

Quote:
Originally Posted by exwdwcm View Post
So after dinner, we are exhausted. We get back to the room and I call bell services to deliver our garden grocer order and also a box a lovely DIS friend left for us. She had stayed at BLT the week before us and packed up some of her leftover water, detergent, apple juice, cereal, soap and more.
Such a nice DisFriend!!

We loved sitting at the Contempo Cafe watching the monorail and people! We just LOVE BLT. I'm now thinking that once every other year is not enough!
WDW:7/14 BLT, VBR & POP, 8/13 BLT, 7/13 AKVK, 6/3 BWV, 12/12 AKVK, 11/12 BLT, 9/12 AKVJ, 2/12 AKVJ, 12/11 SSR, 11/11 AKV, 10/11 BLT & VWL, 9/11 AKVJ, 3/11 VBR & AKVK, 8/10 AKVK, 7/10 POFQ, 5/10 AKVK, 1/10 AKVJ, 12/09 OKW, 11/09 AKVK, 9/09 BLT, 8/09 POP, 5/09 AKVK, 1/09 AKVJ, 12/08 AKVJ, 11/08 OKW, 04/08 SSR, 9/07 WL, 8/07 CBR, 7/07 SSR & POP, 05/07 POR, 4/07 CSR, 5/05 CSR, 1/03 AS Sports, 7/90 CR, 7/86 POLY, 7/83 CR, 7/79. DLR: 7/11 PPH & VGC, 7/09 GCH, 3/07 DCL: 9/11 Dream, 8/12 Magic, 9/12 Fantasy, 2/13 B2B Wonder, 12/13 Dream
Cast: Me , DH , DD
Old 10-31-2011, 05:18 PM   #29
archdandy
DIS Veteran

Subbing in! It sucks that your flight was delayed a little bit but hopefully it didn't put you guys in too bad of a mood! I can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip.

October 2013 Port Orleans Resort
May 2013 Animal Kingdom Kidani
October 2012 Art of Animation
January 2012 Port Orleans Resort
June 2011 Coronado Springs
September 2010 All Star Sports
Old 11-01-2011, 08:43 AM   #30
LJD2143
DIS Veteran & DVC Member

Looking forward to hearing all about your trip!
2000 Wilderness Lodge 2006 Polynesian 2007 Polynesian 2008 Polynesian/Disney Wonder 2009 Grand Floridian SugarLoaf
2010 Wilderness Lodge 2011 Bay Lake Tower 2012 Boardwalk Villas 2012 Beach Club Villas 2013 Boardwalk Villas 2014 Aulani 2014 Animal Kingdom Villas

Tags
exwdwcm, halloween, michelle, mnsshp, october

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: