Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-20-2011, 11:42 PM   #106
suzanneaz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
EXACTLY! I was all over it : "Punch? Don't mind if I do!!!!"
Silly question but how do you know when the drinks are complimentary?
suzanneaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 06:16 AM   #107
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Only you, Happydog, would manage to score so many free drinks! I turn a corner and run into the maid with her cart -- you turn the corner and encounter a tray of drinks! I'm taking you on my next vacation...oh wait!

Cute pictures of everyone at formal night and at Animator's. Thank goodness the boys didn't end up with chocolate all over themselves.

I could not handle shots of tequila -- not anymore, anyway. Mix it all into a fruity drink or better yet hand me something with rum in it.

Shame on DH with his Lady and the Tramp menu.

We are slowly but surely getting ready for Christmas here -- it doesn't seem to be going quite as smoothly as it normally does, but one way or another we will be ready for it in another four days.
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-21-2011, 09:57 PM   #108
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanneaz View Post
Silly question but how do you know when the drinks are complimentary?
HI! Well, on Formal night (and possibly it was on semi-formal) they have the Captain's reception. They have CMs serving drinks on trays. I think they do this at all the Captain's receptions... honestly I think they were doing this on The Dream too.. I really can't recall, but look on the Navigator for the Captain's reception, and GO.... at least on the 7 night, they had comp cocktails... We basically (and unintentionally -- REALLY ) stumbled upon the second one AFTER dinner (b/c they have it for the 8pm seating, too... so that is why we got TWO comps. It wasn't expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Only you, Happydog, would manage to score so many free drinks! I turn a corner and run into the maid with her cart -- you turn the corner and encounter a tray of drinks! I'm taking you on my next vacation...oh wait!
ISN'T that fun to say!!??!!

Quote:

Cute pictures of everyone at formal night and at Animator's. Thank goodness the boys didn't end up with chocolate all over themselves.

I could not handle shots of tequila -- not anymore, anyway. Mix it all into a fruity drink or better yet hand me something with rum in it.

Shame on DH with his Lady and the Tramp menu.

We are slowly but surely getting ready for Christmas here -- it doesn't seem to be going quite as smoothly as it normally does, but one way or another we will be ready for it in another four days.
Oh I was twitching trying to avoid that mickey bar landing in his lap, but DH did okay in the end!!! I agree, you won't find me doing shots, no way no how, but the margarita we got (Mango and Blue Caracao, were awesome!!!)

I know he is SO ***** like at times....

I know I know, I am emerging finally. I have to pack up cookies, do my spiced nuts, and then deep clean the kitchen so I am not finding sprinkles in May!!!

I majorly cleaned last week, and so with some touchups the house is in order, all the food for our Peeking Duck dinner is ordered or in the freezer! Just have to finish wrapping! I so wish we had a few days off before hand... I feel like all the excitement is going to get lost b/c we are all in school and working still. But it will be okay, I am still very festive, love my christmas music!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Happydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 06:44 AM   #109
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know I know, I am emerging finally. I have to pack up cookies, do my spiced nuts, and then deep clean the kitchen so I am not finding sprinkles in May!!!
I know that feeling. Our elves have to be sprinkled with paper "snowflakes" and no matter how many times I clean, I will still be finding them in February.

Quote:
I majorly cleaned last week, and so with some touchups the house is in order, all the food for our Peeking Duck dinner is ordered or in the freezer! Just have to finish wrapping! I so wish we had a few days off before hand... I feel like all the excitement is going to get lost b/c we are all in school and working still. But it will be okay, I am still very festive, love my christmas music!
How many more days do you have???

Christmas music is one of my favorite parts of the holiday.

I still have all the kids' wrapping to do, but everyone else is done. Of course, the kids have the most stuff.
Old 12-22-2011, 12:08 PM   #110
Roxychica7
DIS Veteran

Oh WOW, what some great updates while I was gone! LOVE all the Christmas decorations, it's amazing what WDW looks like during Christmas, but the things they can do to the cruiseships too! So amazing that Belle's rose is inside the chandeliers!

at you blow drying your hair while holding champagne!

Dinner looks so awesome! And your tequila tasting is too funny! Have you done the one at the Cave in Epcot before?
Jess (Me)-29 Blake (DF)-28 Our Italian Greyhound and our salt water tank
WHY did you do it? 2010
Upcoming Trip: Pop Century!
Roxychica7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 04:03 PM   #111
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
ISN'T that fun to say!!??!!
I meant to comment on this yesterday:

Yes! It is super fun to say...finally !!!
Old 12-27-2011, 06:35 PM   #112
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

I found you! Hopefully I'm back for good and this won't just be a drive by posting

Loving your cruise so far, all those relaxing at sea days would be awesome!
Old 12-28-2011, 09:01 AM   #113
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Wow what a night!!!!!

Loved your pictures on FB of your Christmas cookies, next year I'm coming to your house LOL!!!!

Are you on break yet?!?!?!?!?!? LOL!!!!!

I don't know I think you might just have an inner beacon that leads to the free drinks...not bad to have LOL!!!!!

Can't wait for my first cruise!! I am so looking forward to it!!

Yes it is fun to say!! I can't wait to see both you and Jackie!!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
jenjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:30 AM   #114
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxychica7 View Post
Oh WOW, what some great updates while I was gone! LOVE all the Christmas decorations, it's amazing what WDW looks like during Christmas, but the things they can do to the cruiseships too! So amazing that Belle's rose is inside the chandeliers!

at you blow drying your hair while holding champagne!

Dinner looks so awesome! And your tequila tasting is too funny! Have you done the one at the Cave in Epcot before?
Thanks! It was fun to get some done, more to do today! I am determined to finish this TR in 2011!!! the Cruiseship was definitely all done up and looked great! The Disney ships are truly beautiful!!!

Hey, I may be the only one, but I liked the hairdryers on the classic ships!!!!

Quote:
I meant to comment on this yesterday:

Yes! It is super fun to say...finally !!!
Yep!! Super fun!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
I found you! Hopefully I'm back for good and this won't just be a drive by posting

Loving your cruise so far, all those relaxing at sea days would be awesome!
I thought either that girls trip did you in forever, OR you were swamped with the BBall booster gig, that you told me about in October! I am glad you have emerged victorious!!! I have to say, those extra sea days were quite nice.. and I liked the length of the cruise. I have a feeling we'll stick with the longer ones from here on out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Wow what a night!!!!!

Loved your pictures on FB of your Christmas cookies, next year I'm coming to your house LOL!!!!

Are you on break yet?!?!?!?!?!? LOL!!!!!

I don't know I think you might just have an inner beacon that leads to the free drinks...not bad to have LOL!!!!!

Can't wait for my first cruise!! I am so looking forward to it!!

Yes it is fun to say!! I can't wait to see both you and Jackie!!!!
Oh well you have a short jaunt in January, right?! Just to keep you until January!! Have you been to your mail box lately???

It might just be luck with the cocktails, but hey, I am not going to look a gift CM in the mouth! err.. eyes, I just smiled, and nodded, and said don't mind if I do! LOL!!!!

You'll have a great time, the Dream will blow your mind.

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 12-28-2011, 12:51 PM   #115
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Land ho!!!!!

Well, after three days of sailing, two full days at sea, this next morning we woke up and we finally found ourselves STILL. As in, no rocking! No swaying! We had arrived at our first port, St. Maarten! The fact that we were no longer moving was more of a surprise than anything, but we were going to take it! Trust me, we didn’t waste a minute!!! We were excited to see what we came all this way for!! I chose to exercise outside this morning vs. going to the exercise center, I liked being outside and the loop on deck 5 was great for seeing the sites and enjoying the morning sun!! After, we got our gear together, and headed up for Breakfast!!!!

These first two shots I got of the boys and our FE and decorated door! I have the gifts, I realize I never shared those photos, so in the next update I will show you!

Then up on deck for some food! DS9 and his double fisted-donut breakfast!!!

It was a gorgeous morning for certain!!!

DS6 monkeying around before we got off the ship!

Now I THINK these were taken once we got OFF the ship, however for some reason I can't be sure!! So I know we took some on the way off, in fact a CM was there taking photos but I didn't like the one he took.

But from the ship you end up in a little port area which is quite nice, and the water taxis and the bus transportation/Taxi plazas are here...

Our plan was to Catch a taxi and head to a beach. Initially, we were going to go to Orient Bay. But instead, we went to a beach that was recommended to us… Galion Beach. I am glad we took this recommendation! It was quiet, beautiful, hardly crowded, and very low-key.

Lots of sand and sun and calm shores... it was great!!!

A lone DH, enjoying the bay... the water was incredibly calm, the shore peaceful, the sun out and the drinks plentiful!

More fun...

So all day DS9 had been eyeing this floating platform out in the middle of the water. He was determined to go out to it. The water was just tiptoe deep, and he isn't the most confident swimmer, but he did it! And here he is showing how victorious he is!

CONTINUED in the next POST!!!!

Last edited by Happydog; 12-28-2011 at 01:36 PM.
Old 12-28-2011, 01:32 PM   #116
Happydog
DIS Veteran

More of our St. Maarten day!!

Our Cab driver had agreed to pick us up at 2:30, which would give us an hour in town, before we wanted to head back to the ship. So here is the final view of the beach, as we were leaving.

Here are a few shots I took in the cab back to the boardwalk area... had to take them quick!!!

So as planned, the cab driver dropped us in town, along the boardwalk…

And we basically just meandered. I didn't buy anything I think because I was still in beach mode, and nothing really caught my eye. I saw a nice art store, with some cute prints, but the color scheme didn't go in my house at all, and so there wasn't anything I had to have... That being said, there were a few things to still see... this of course got my attention!!!! LOL!!! AND the attention of my two guys!!!!

Just a few shop and street shots!

By the boardwalk...

The whole boardwalk beach area was pretty cool, I have to admit. I guess it is the city beach, very much the tourists staying in the hotels on the beach, and there were many bars with live music, or loud music, that spilled right onto the pedestrian walk way. The whole area was very atmospheric... I imagine if you didn't want to spend all day out on a remote part of St. Maarten, or travel far, or pay for an excursion, that this would be the way to go! I could have hung out here without any trouble.

A great place to stop for a photo… or so I thought!!!! DON'T look at this sign too closely....

MUCH better photo ops...

Before we did get back on the ship, however, we stopped here... DH got us a couple blended drinks one called a "dirty monkey" LOL!!!! And I got the guavaberry colada!!! FOR YOU JACKIE!!!!

Either I just liked the color of the water, or the rum was really strong...

NEXT UP, after a full day on the Island, PIRATE NIGHT!!!!!

Old 12-28-2011, 01:51 PM   #117
manntra
DIS Veteran

Water pictures...sky pictures....

Hurray for swimming out to the floating dock!!
Looked like a beautiful sunny day for the beach and some fun drinks And interesting backgrounds for photos.

Tracy
Old 12-28-2011, 02:11 PM   #118
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

St. Maarten is so beautiful!
I LOVE Orient Bay, but I need to try Galion next time. It looks so relaxing.

Native NYer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 02:12 PM   #119
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Looks like a beautiful day at the beach! I could go for a cocktail and chair in the sand right now!

Yay for Griffin making it out to the platform
Old 12-28-2011, 02:37 PM   #120
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
Water pictures...sky pictures....

Hurray for swimming out to the floating dock!!
Looked like a beautiful sunny day for the beach and some fun drinks And interesting backgrounds for photos.

Tracy
I know I KNOW!!! I really have to stop feeding that image... Naaah.... too much fun!

Yep, he was very proud of himself! And it was a great place. Never mind the sign, of course DH saw it first and he said HEY what a great photo op... and it was of course only after I was positioning to snap it, that I noticed the sign... I turned to him and said "I walked RIGHT into that one, didn't I??" And he said, "YUP."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
St. Maarten is so beautiful!
I LOVE Orient Bay, but I need to try Galion next time. It looks so relaxing.
It really was perfect with the kids. very serene! And I agree what we saw of St. Maarten left me wanting to see more! What we did see was lovely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Looks like a beautiful day at the beach! I could go for a cocktail and chair in the sand right now!

Yay for Griffin making it out to the platform
It was a great day for certain!! AND I agree, I would love some of that sun! You have had some cold wet snowy weather, haven't you??!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: