Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2011, 10:30 PM   #76
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Mmmmm, I love Palo brunch too! So much to choose from, I wish we were going before June...
Old 12-11-2011, 11:37 PM   #77
OurDogCisco
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Oh boy! We have a cruise booked on the Fantasy next year as well, but earlier in November. You will have a great trip!!! The itinerary is Eastern or Western?
It is Eastern which I'm totally excited about since we haven't done the Eastern route in 15 years. However, they did change one stop from St. Maarten to Puerto Rico. So, I'm excited about that too. We get to see a new place. Plus, we'll have 3 sea days so that will be even better. More chance of getting Palo Brunch that I didn't get on the Dream (but there was only one sea day).
OurDogCisco is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-12-2011, 04:48 AM   #78
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

That gingerbread house is fantastic! I have decided that for my next job I want to make the gingerbread houses for all the Disney places. Not that I have a lick of talent when it comes to such things, but how fun would that be?

The tree is gorgeous! Is it a real one? Did you notice?

Too funny that DS6 wanted nothing to do with princesses but then loved the show! So typical of kids.
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:39 PM   #79
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

The Christmas decorations are beautiful!
Can't wait to read more!

Native NYer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 05:35 PM   #80
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Mmmmm, I love Palo brunch too! So much to choose from, I wish we were going before June...
I am looking forward to it in February, let me tell you!!! LOL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurDogCisco View Post
It is Eastern which I'm totally excited about since we haven't done the Eastern route in 15 years. However, they did change one stop from St. Maarten to Puerto Rico. So, I'm excited about that too. We get to see a new place. Plus, we'll have 3 sea days so that will be even better. More chance of getting Palo Brunch that I didn't get on the Dream (but there was only one sea day).
We have that itinerary in November booked! I am equally curious about Puerto Rico. Should be a great location! Brunch on the Dream 5 night this summer we could NOT get, but we got dinner. I agree it was harder to secure for some reason, maybe the time of year, not sure. Last Feb on the Dream we had it no problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
That gingerbread house is fantastic! I have decided that for my next job I want to make the gingerbread houses for all the Disney places. Not that I have a lick of talent when it comes to such things, but how fun would that be?

The tree is gorgeous! Is it a real one? Did you notice?

Too funny that DS6 wanted nothing to do with princesses but then loved the show! So typical of kids.
I have nicer photos of the Gingerbread house and tree. I agree, how fun to be the architect! I don't know if it was real, I doubt it though, b/c I didn't see many people around there vacuming or cleaning, so I susupect they went with the artificial one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
The Christmas decorations are beautiful!
Can't wait to read more!
Lots more to share!!!!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani *
February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '11 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise *
Happydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 02:42 PM   #81
my2disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Hi!! I am here and cant wait to hear all about the trip! We leave next month for our first ever cruise on the 3 night Disney Dream! I had such a hard time giving up Disney World though that we will be spending two nights at the Wilderness Lodge and one day at the Magic Kingdom before the cruise!

If we like it, we will be booking May 2013 Eastern Caribbean to celebrate our 10th Anniversary.

2004-POP . 2007-POR . 2009-POFQ . 2010-POLY . 2011-POFQ . 2011-CBR . 2012-WL and DREAM CRUISE . 2013-BCV 10th Year Anniversary, Vow Renewal Trip! - January 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House - November 2014 -Thanksgiving and turning 40 at Beach Club Villas
my2disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:25 PM   #82
kimpossible
DIS Veteran

We are on the T-day 2013 Fantasy. Enjoying your report.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:12 AM   #83
Happydog
DIS Veteran

An ENCHANTED show!!!

So after brunch, we went to collect the boys from the kids club, and took them up for a late lunch. They had eaten a big breakfast before we took them, but they were ready to eat! I, on the other hand was NOT ready to eat anymore! Brunch did me in! LOL! So we grabbed the kids, and headed out on deck to get burgers and fries, and then made it to the Walt Disney Theater… here are a few photos I took of the window displays in the shopping zone, of course these are right in front of the theater, so how can you avoid them!!!

Anyhow, I had a date with these shops but after the show!!! So in to the theater we went! I can’t really retell the story, but basically it is what would have happened if the evil step sisters had the chance to change the course of events in the story of Cinderella, knowing what they now knew about the slipper, etc. And so of course the whole princess focus was not lost on my kids, but the special effects more than made up for it! As did the “fairy godfather” at the beginning, Franco, who put on quite a Broadway old-style tap number show with a few pyrotechnics, etc. It was basically their attempt to foil the plot of the fairytale, and break the slipper, woo the prince, lock Cinderella up, you know all the making of a "Real Wives of the Kingdom..."

So I am not going to narrate, but enjoy the photos!!!

MORE in the NEXT POST!!!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani *
February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '11 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise *
Old 12-15-2011, 06:25 AM   #84
Happydog
DIS Veteran

More of the Show! Happy Ever After!!!

AND more from the fabulous matinee!!!

SO the evil step mother and sisters lock Cinderella up in the attic, break the slipper, and they are then sent to another ball to woo the prince. Franco makes the two evil sisters "charming" ... LOL!!! They were a hoot!!!

Cinderella is "shrunk" and is the size of her mice friends, who then are inadvertently turned human sized when the Fairy Godmother comes to the rescue...

CHECK OUT THE CAT!!!!!!! TOO funny!!!!

OF course all is put right, I just loved the end how the show set went from somber and black and white to ALL COLOR!!! So pretty, so well staged, as is always the case with the Disney shows.

After the show, I can’t remember too well what we did, but I know we had to get organized for “formal night”. So I think at this point we must have headed back to the room, where I got the kids ready, including baths, and then Matt took them to go see Grandma and Grandpa while I finished pulling myself together! I know we ordered a cheese plate, though, and had that in the room while we got ready, along with our prosecco! We took advantage of the cheese plate/big cookie room service option this cruise. I will never forget that option again! It was great to end the night with cookies and milk, and have cheese with my sparkling wine every afternoon before dinner!!! LOVED it! AND very indulgent!! We had our room attendance get a big bucket of ice and had a bottle on ice the entire cruise, b/c the fridge was really a cooler and not very cold! So if you bring white wine or something like that on the Magic, be sure to get an ice bucket. I can't remember how the in room cooler/fridge worked on the Dream, but I will be sure to compare when I get on that ship in February! Fortunately for us, our room attendance changed it regularly so something was always cold!!!!

I will post the photos I have from Formal night in the next update!!!

TA TA for now!!!!

Old 12-15-2011, 06:31 AM   #85
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2disneyboys View Post
Hi!! I am here and cant wait to hear all about the trip! We leave next month for our first ever cruise on the 3 night Disney Dream! I had such a hard time giving up Disney World though that we will be spending two nights at the Wilderness Lodge and one day at the Magic Kingdom before the cruise!

If we like it, we will be booking May 2013 Eastern Caribbean to celebrate our 10th Anniversary.
Well HI there! How are you!!??!! SO fun that you will be on your first cruise! Three nights will be a great way to see what you think about the whole cruising experience! AND YES! get a little Disney in there too! Good for you! I was on the Dream last year, and I have two Dream reports, they are in my Signature if you want to check them out!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimpossible View Post
We are on the T-day 2013 Fantasy. Enjoying your report.
YAY!!! We are booked for a Nov 2012 cruise as well as summer 2013, but we may be moving one of these... I was thinking about Thanksgiving again, too, what is the itinerary?? I better check! You will LOVE cruising Disney if you haven't already!!!! Thanks for joining in!!!!

Old 12-15-2011, 06:57 AM   #86
kimpossible
DIS Veteran

It is a Western. This will be our third. Two on the Wonder and 1 on the Magic.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:10 AM   #87
my2disneyboys
DIS Veteran

I LOVE all your reports! Your report on the Dream with your hubby and your stay at Bay Lake at the Contemporary is kind of how I got thinking that I could do WL for a couple nights before the cruise!! I remember reading a TR from you sooooo long ago (when you went to Disney for xmas) the boys look so much older now!!

2004-POP . 2007-POR . 2009-POFQ . 2010-POLY . 2011-POFQ . 2011-CBR . 2012-WL and DREAM CRUISE . 2013-BCV 10th Year Anniversary, Vow Renewal Trip! - January 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House - November 2014 -Thanksgiving and turning 40 at Beach Club Villas
my2disneyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 10:27 AM   #88
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

Loved your updates!! The cruise looks absolutely delightful!!! The show sounded like so much fun!!!

Can't wait to read more!! OOOH cheese and cookie plate...that sounds awesome!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
jenjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 10:40 AM   #89
manntra
DIS Veteran

The show looked fabulous!! I can only imagine how funny the stepsisters were....I love seeing them out in the MK....I will never forgot the one with the red hair....she was so mad at my niece because she has red hair (my older niece not the one you met ) and she was acting all jealous

Mmmmmm cheese plate and prosecco. What a wonderful combination!! We got the cookie a few times but I don't remember a cheese plate....probably a good thing seeing that I am part mouse when it comes to cheese I can't stop myself!!

Tracy
Old 12-16-2011, 01:01 PM   #90
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimpossible View Post
It is a Western. This will be our third. Two on the Wonder and 1 on the Magic.
Oh you are going to have such a great time! Everything I read about the Fantasy sounds so amazing! We loved being on the Dream, but my DH really prefered the Wonder and Magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2disneyboys View Post
I LOVE all your reports! Your report on the Dream with your hubby and your stay at Bay Lake at the Contemporary is kind of how I got thinking that I could do WL for a couple nights before the cruise!! I remember reading a TR from you sooooo long ago (when you went to Disney for xmas) the boys look so much older now!!
Oh how funny, yes, we sure loved Christmas that year! We are planning Christmas 2012. Well, going to the resorts for a day w/o the park was very doable for us, and fun. You seemed to have had a few great trips yourself recently! You must be stoked for this one coming up. Be sure to bring Bonine. NOT dramamine. Just in case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
Loved your updates!! The cruise looks absolutely delightful!!! The show sounded like so much fun!!!

Can't wait to read more!! OOOH cheese and cookie plate...that sounds awesome!!
Thanks, Jen! I am trying to get it done this month!! CHEESE plate = YUM. Cookies are ALWAYS yummy!!! The show was too too cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manntra View Post
The show looked fabulous!! I can only imagine how funny the stepsisters were....I love seeing them out in the MK....I will never forgot the one with the red hair....she was so mad at my niece because she has red hair (my older niece not the one you met ) and she was acting all jealous

Mmmmmm cheese plate and prosecco. What a wonderful combination!! We got the cookie a few times but I don't remember a cheese plate....probably a good thing seeing that I am part mouse when it comes to cheese I can't stop myself!!

Tracy
Oh we love good cheese too! Lots of cheese, I can go on forever! That is super funny about the red hair. Yes, they were a hoot. When they got "class" and "cultured" it was HIGHLARIOUS, because they were already over the top, and this made it even more so, JUST too fun.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: