Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2012, 10:16 AM   #136
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Yay for having your rooms confirmed for your summer trip!!

BUT, you can't just throw out there that you made ADRs and not share what they are - spill it, missy!
Old 01-01-2012, 10:39 AM   #137
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Nope, not here. We've had some cold days but no snow, thankfully!
Well now that the holidays are over, I am WAITING for snow. I would LOVE an excuse to escape to Disney again!!! I got the AP, and the discount...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
YAYAYAYAYAYAY for finalizing your plans for the summer!! Can't wait to hear about the ADRs you made!! WOOT WOOT!!!
I am EXCITED too!!!! Have to wait and figure out what the full plan is, still, though. Will do so once I have this TR done!! THAT is the rule around here or I will never finish this one!!!! LOL!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Great start to the TR. How exciting to board with the first group! I can't wait to see St. John - Tim & I were there several years ago.

Your summer plans sound great too!
Hi there! It was very pretty! We didn't make it to St. John, just to St. Thomas, and a nice beach! We had been to St. John on our last 7 day cruise when Matt and I were with my DBIL and his partner, and that was over 10 yrs ago! I have a few photos in the distance!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
Congrats on the summer plans. ADRs too... I am clueless at this point!
Oh I am so excited!! Are we going to miss you?? When will you be there??!! It looks really close... We leave on the 8th, I suppose you arrive right then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney minnie View Post
We are going on the Fantasy next Thanksgiving. How was the weather? What type of clothing did everyone wear? Summer or fall clothing? Or both?
HI there!! OH it was perfect weather! Now, if you are at all prone to motion sickness, all I can say is GET the patches or GET BONINE. Dramamine makes people drowsy I hear, and even if you DON'T think you'll be motion sickness or never have been, I would still get it and take it the first few days at sea... the ship is really moving to get to that first location, and the swells were definitely noticeable. Like you couldn't really run/walk on a treadmill, noticeable... you had to hold on or you'd fall off!!! And of course it depended on where you were, but I can only stress to be safer than sorry! Now, on the Dream, we took the pills too, but then stopped. However we were only in the bahamas and the water was nothing like the ocean you go through to get to the Carribean. SO be prepared!!! They say less motion on the Dream because of the size, like the Fantasy I suppose, but the Dream still had some motion the first day, and no one has been on that big boat out on the rougher waters... Just putting my 2 cents out there! I'd be curious if there are any Dream reports citing big swells, etc. and what it was like b/c that would give you an idea. The weather was FABULOUS. We wore shorts and tanks, swimsuits, sleeveless dresses, short sleeve clothing. Definitely spring summer clothes. Now we were in long pants and such for dinners, but generally light clothing! I got a great tan! Now of course it is all about the weather, and rain is a possibility, but it wasn't an issue that week for us... the week prior, apparently, the ship was dealing with 20 ft. swells... Now, the CMs, you could tell some of them were having a tough time with the motion of the boat, which surprised me! But, if the weather is reasonable, you should have nice spring/early fall temps! The ship is air conditioned, so like all disney resorts, etc. movie theaters, etc. bring a sweater, etc. to toss on or over your shoulders. Hope this helps! Ask any other questions you have! We are going to be on the Fantasy the first week in November!!!! So I am a little worried about the weather, but what can you do. You just roll with it! And there is SO much to do onboard INSIDE, that if the weather was cruddy, you wouldn't miss out on a sea day, etc. AND, when we went on our last 7 day cruise back in 2000, they diverted our boat to another location to avoid bad conditions, and so I would tell you they make the best to accomodate their guests whatever the situation might be if they can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Hurray! Hurray! Hurray!

I am so excited for you! And me, too, really!!!

(I brought out all the smilies for this one!)

Okay, spill the beans, what are your ADRs???

Happy New Year's Eve and Happy New Year!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
I contemplate a report so others can plan our trip for me... I really am open to anything....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Start it, Laura, and I will be there to help!!!
Quote:
Yay for having your rooms confirmed for your summer trip!!

BUT, you can't just throw out there that you made ADRs and not share what they are - spill it, missy!
Hey you guys!!!! I am trying to finish a cruise TR here!!!! I plan to have my SUMMER PTR started before the next week, really really, really!!!! NOW where is that pixie dust??!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Happydog is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2012, 11:00 AM   #138
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Pirates!!!! Argh!!!!

So back on the ship we headed, and straight up to deck 10 for some grub! We were starving!! We got ourselves some food and sat back to enjoy the rest of the view before the ship left port. We had to get ready for Pirate night and were looking forward to it!

Now, maybe it was the sun and fun, but my little pirate men were, well, pooped!

take a look at this one...

If that doesn't say "I have had to much fun today," I don't know what does!!!

DS6 started the evening off with his bandana, then took it off. He left the earrings on though!!!

Demolishing the bread basket! Here you can also see the revolvers that we got for them last summer, I bought them and squirreled them away for their gift bags this trip.

So after the kids ate, we were still on our first course. It was apparent to my DH and I that the boys were quite tired, and sitting at the table wasn't going to help keep them awake for the rest of the fun this evening. SO, between courses, he took the boys to the club, and then came back to the table and the adults finished dinner.

We had a bottle of Iron Horse sparkling wine, and had fun with the accessories that the boys had left at the table... these foam swords make noise when you "clank" them against things... we had a lot of fun with them...

Towards the end of dinner, they started the entertainment, which was a limbo stick dance... it was a hoot!!!!

When we were finished with dinner, we grabbed the boys and headed to see the Pirate game show, which was the same one they had on the Dream... It was very cute, and the kids loved it, again! But my DMIL and DFIL hadn't seen it of course, so it was fun to share with them. You can see DS9 in a few of these photos

After the show, I was waiting to get my reservation card from the Cruise booking desk, and guess who walked by?! These are a little blury because I couldn't get a good shot fast enough!

Next up was a trip up on deck to participate in the entertainment and dance party they had up there!!!

NOW. I am not going to let you know exactly HOW disappointed I was in this fact, but do you notice that someone is NOTICEABLY missing so far from the evening festivities... DO you know who I am talking about? WHO might be rather important if you are taking a CRUISE to the CARIBBEAN???!!

Oh, I dunno, you THINK he MIGHT be an EXPECTED member on board, or at least on THIS NIGHT IN PARTICULAR???

CAN you TELL that I am STILL bitter about this fact??!!

Yep. Jack Sparrow was NOT in the house (ship).

Sigh.

Double Sigh. Okay, okay...

Really? Disney, REALLY??!!

Well, the boys got over their disappointment... me? Well...

ALL I could say is DO OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More Coming up in the NEXT POST!!!!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *

Last edited by Happydog; 01-01-2012 at 07:52 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:29 PM   #139
LuvEeyore
DIS Veteran

No Jack Sparrow!!! They should refundthe cruise fare or give a special credit towards the next cruise??Dont you agree?? Isnt that why we cruise--for Jack Sparrow??
Old 01-01-2012, 04:30 PM   #140
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Pirates on deck!!!

UP on deck the dance party and the interactive games were in full swing!!!

This was a really cool game they were basically playing a Wii like game with their bodies! It was really funny...

Dancing with the characters, songs from all generations, great oldies and fun contemporary songs. Very family oriented.

MORE dance photos in the next POST!!!!

Old 01-01-2012, 05:08 PM   #141
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Pirate kings!!!

POST from PIRATE NIGHT continues...

Chip is getting down with the crowds!

Somewhere in this crowd are my boys!!! LOL!!! They were right up front along the rope rail, and definitely got a great view of all the fun!

So after of course during the dance party there had to be some sort of spectacle... and indeed a pirate king, NOT JACK... bitter, bitter, bitter ... came down on stage to plunder and basically make a lot of noise...

AND then who of course must rescue the scene, NOT JACK ... bitter, bitter, bitter ... but Mickey Mouse!!!! (SORRY Mickey, I love ya, but not on Pirate night.) He flew overhead ala' tinkerbell...

Next were the FIREWORKS at SEA!!!!!!

The fireworks were amazing of course, and I just cannot get very good photos I am afraid, and so I gave up trying so I could enjoy the sights! After the fireworks we took some very very tired pirates (one who fell asleep during the dance party but woke for the fireworks!!!) back to the cabin... here we are going down the elevator...

Back in our room we had a flying monkey (wearing my sunglasses) and some golden chocolate dubloons!

Teeth were brushed so they didn't perpetuate the Pirate image in the morning and they were asleep before their head hit the pillow!

So after we were sure the boys were passed out, DH and I snuck up to deck 10. I know yes, we left our practically dead to the world children unattended in our room... I know I know this is bad parenting, but really, if we had been anywhere else, and NOT on this Disney cruise, I wouldn't have ever considered it. But on a Disney ship, I felt safe enough to let sleeping babes lie, especially since we were not going to be gone long. Please don't flame me on my TR, okay? Would really appreciate not reading snarky comments about me or my TR elsewhere...

At this point in the evening the evening buffet was in full swing. The Pirate party buffet was great, crepes with icecream, nachos, taco and fajita bar, AND TURKEY LEGS! Argh!!! DH grabbed a turkey leg and a few other things, and went back to the cabin, I stayed up deck to take some photos and walk a bit. I didn't want to take pictures of people and the chow line, but, with NO Jack to oogle, I was forced to take photos of Johnny Depp on the funnel vision screen... LOL!!!

St. Thomas coming up NEXT!!!

Last edited by Happydog; 01-01-2012 at 05:20 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:06 PM   #142
Happydog
DIS Veteran

St. Thomas!!!

Well the next stop on our cruise was the beautiful island of St. Thomas and St. John! Our day started pretty much the same, packed up, got some breakfast, and got in line for the tender! It went pretty smoothly. We were put on a big shuttle boat to the shore, and from there we caught a cab. We came to these plans, because we had been snorkleing on St. John several years ago, so this time, since we were being tendered from the cruise ship, and the time short, we decided to explore a beach on St. Thomas instead. Sapphire Beach. WHAT A GREAT PLACE!!!!!

Here it is:

The beach was truly beautiful. This resort area we were able to get access to by cab. It seemed to serve a series of hotels in a complex along the beach. When we got there we booked a couple lounges, and ordered some drinks, and enjoyed the afternoon.

The boys again had a blast! Take a look! They had complained about the water being calm at Gallion Beach. They wanted a surf and waves... They got what they wanted here for certain!! They loved it! The waves were enough to float you around a little, but not so much that you couldn't be safe. Plus it wasn't deep, and so they could get around well enough. There was coral and rock and lots of snorkling to be done. However, the guys had a great time just being on the beach and enjoying the sand and surf time! We had a great lunch there too! AMAZING fish sandwiches!!!!!!

Here I was about to take a photo and I got backed up by the wave.. hence the fabulous photo of my toes... LOL!!!!

So if you recall, I purchased a waterproof camera for this trip. It was an early birthday gift! SO here are a few photos I took of DS6 under the water!! he had fun hamming it up!

SO DS6 took this one, he had goggles so he could see the fish. Not bad!!! LOL!

And my favorite

There are more photos to share in the next post!! I have the photos from the tender to the shore, and also from the cab when we were driving back from the beach across the island... incredible view!!! COMING UP!!!!

Last edited by Happydog; 01-01-2012 at 06:13 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:31 PM   #143
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEeyore View Post
No Jack Sparrow!!! They should refundthe cruise fare or give a special credit towards the next cruise??Dont you agree?? Isnt that why we cruise--for Jack Sparrow??
I KNOW!!!!!!! RIGHT??!! Well, thank goodness for FEBRUARY on the Dream!!! BUT of course I wont have the kids to use as a foil to go oodle over him

Old 01-01-2012, 06:52 PM   #144
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Why, oh why would Disney not have their most popular pirate on hand for pirate night?! What in the world were they thinking?

It seems as though the sun and fun of the day wiped out those two little cuties of yours, but it looks like fun was has none the less.

The beach on St John looks beautiful
Old 01-01-2012, 07:34 PM   #145
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Fun pirate night! But no Jack? That's just not right!

St. Thomas looks like it was fun too. That's actually where we stayed when we were down there. We were there with a group of people from DH's work & some of us took a boat over to St. John one afternoon. There was also a group who took a day trip over to Sapphire Beach but we didn't go along on that one. Looks gorgeous though!
DisMomAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 12:17 PM   #146
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Why, oh why would Disney not have their most popular pirate on hand for pirate night?! What in the world were they thinking?

It seems as though the sun and fun of the day wiped out those two little cuties of yours, but it looks like fun was has none the less.

The beach on St John looks beautiful
Oh tell me about it!! I was surprised too.. I didn't get a clear story in the end as to why he wasn't on board but you would think that they would come up with a back up plan!!!

The weather was amazing we were lucky I think! St Thomas was where we stayed, but St. John is the island you can see in my next photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Fun pirate night! But no Jack? That's just not right!

St. Thomas looks like it was fun too. That's actually where we stayed when we were down there. We were there with a group of people from DH's work & some of us took a boat over to St. John one afternoon. There was also a group who took a day trip over to Sapphire Beach but we didn't go along on that one. Looks gorgeous though!
Yes, it really was pretty!! I am glad we spent the time on the beach. The town wasn't anything special, not a very walk able street/shopping area, better to enjoy the view. Very pretty!

Old 01-02-2012, 12:49 PM   #147
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

You are doing a great job selling the cruise experience, missy! Other than hearing that your MIL was feeling a bit and that you could feel the ocean such that you had to hang on to the treadmill , I am pretty much sold! SO beautiful!!!

So I'm not familiar enough with cruising to know... is Capt Jack typically on board for Pirate night? Did you ever read the blog of the real life guy who played Capt Jack in Disneyland? Yowza... he got some offers & "gifts" from the ladies that I can't repeat on a family board. But I can see why...

Can't wait to hear about your summer plans! Always great to have a next trip in the works!!!

2xcited2sleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 02:48 PM   #148
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I always enjoy reading about your Pirate Nights -- you always seem to have such a fun time even when your little pirates aren't in attendence.

I am shocked and saddened to hear there was no Captain Jack -- I can just imagine your crushing disappointment -- it really seems like quite the travesty. I would also have to agree with you that Pirate Mickey swinging down onto the deck just doesn't quite have the same air that Jack would.

Looks like you had another beautiful day at the beach! Gorgeous! Gorgeous! Gorgeous! I wish I could bury my feet in the sand and eat fish sandwiches right now instead of wearing three layers and shivering in my classroom (teacher workday for us). Oh, well, your pictures are the next best thing.
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 03:12 PM   #149
manntra
DIS Veteran

[COLOR="Red"]bitter, bitter, bitter......[/COLOR]
Okay...the absence of the missing Captain aside I am really dying for a cruise now....that water. How I miss that tropical blue. Don't you love your underwater camera? Bought one years ago and still use that one more than any of my others.

Tracy
Old 01-02-2012, 04:17 PM   #150
OurDogCisco
DIS Veteran

All caught up! What happened to Jack??? That is very weird as you'd think he'd be the star of the show.

Just curious, sounds like you did St. John on your own? Or did you use Disney transportation? I was looking at the website and I see they have beach day at St. John but you only get like 1 1/2 hours on the beach. I was thinking 3 hours would be better. We are going next Thanksgiving so, I'm curious what we should do. I'm anxious to read about Thanksgiving Dinner and Castaway Cay.

Thanks for Sharing...
OurDogCisco is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: