Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 08:40 AM   #766
babyrich
"I was hiding under your porch because I love you"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid02 View Post
Interesting theory- but since that character still "alive" in Storybrooke I'm not sure how they would be dead in FairyTale land. Remember, a couple of times now people have been told the dead CAN'T be brought back, by the Blue Fairy and Rumplestiltskin.
good point, I wasnt thinking about dead in FairyTale Land cant be alive in Storybrooke.

I bet its going to something small that the EQ really blew out of proportion.

Do we know for sure whether or not Regina knows that Emma is Snow's daughter? I dont remember.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:32 AM   #767
keenercam
Wishes she were Mickey's girl
Would settle for looking like Tinkerbell instead of Winnie the Pooh

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmom0f3 View Post
I LOVE the story behind the ring! I felt so sorry for MM though.
I loved the backstory on the ring too. Isn't it the one MM wears and twists all the time? Assuming it is, I was hoping Charming would see it on her and realize/remember she is his one true love.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2011, 10:34 AM   #768
Zandy595
DIS Veteran
The other day I found a big honkin' frog in my toilet

Quote:
Just finished last nights show and it was very good.

My take on the wind mill was that he remembered it from his home on the farm with his mother. I believe she said that they had to sell it for money. He is thinking that he remembers the windmill from the front yard of his home in Storybrooke, but I don't think that is the case at all. That's all that he has remembered.

I LOVE the story behind the ring! I felt so sorry for MM though.

I also noticed the unicorn mobile, and I saw a magic lamp on the shelf in the store too, twice. I wonder if anything will come from that?

I'm glad that the sheriff was busted by Emma too!
He also said he remembered that he and Kathryn were going through a rough patch in their marriage before he went into the coma.

Animal Kingdom Lodge Pop Century All Star Music All Star Movies Caribbean Beach DCL Wonder 2001 DCL Magic Eastern 2004 DCL Magic Western 2008 DCL Dream 2011, 2012, 2014
Old 12-06-2011, 10:43 AM   #769
happygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwiala View Post
Beauty, the Beast and Gaston are coming! According to Eonline, Gaston will be played by McNabb on Psych. I couldn't get the link to transfer on my cell phone but the casting info is out there if you google it.

Do you think the show will go overboard with too many characters?
LOL that werid I heard Gaston was going to be played by Tom Welling from Smallville
Old 12-06-2011, 11:29 AM   #770
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenercam View Post
I loved the backstory on the ring too. Isn't it the one MM wears and twists all the time? Assuming it is, I was hoping Charming would see it on her and realize/remember she is his one true love.
Yes!! I can't wait to see how this turns out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandy595 View Post
He also said he remembered that he and Kathryn were going through a rough patch in their marriage before he went into the coma.
I must have missed that. This is where I am most confused. He was with SW when the spell took place. From this weeks show, he was forced into an arranged marriage. On the way to the wedding, or other kingdom, is when SW takes his bag with the ring in it. I thought that after they helped save each other from the trolls or whatever that was, that she gave the ring back. Did she keep it then, or did he save the ring for when they were married. I don't think he would have given the ring to King Midas's DD because he didn't love her.

Do you think that they were ever married, or did he somehow escape to find and marry SW? But if he did that they would have killed his real mother. Oh the wait is killing me. I need spoilers!!
Old 12-06-2011, 11:35 AM   #771
punkin
Went through pain just to look like a lopsided Whoopi Goldberg

Quote:

I must have missed that. This is where I am most confused. He was with SW when the spell took place. From this weeks show, he was forced into an arranged marriage. On the way to the wedding, or other kingdom, is when SW takes his bag with the ring in it. I thought that after they helped save each other from the trolls or whatever that was, that she gave the ring back. Did she keep it then, or did he save the ring for when they were married. I don't think he would have given the ring to King Midas's DD because he didn't love her.

Do you think that they were ever married, or did he somehow escape to find and marry SW? But if he did that they would have killed his real mother. Oh the wait is killing me. I need spoilers!!
OK, his mother said that true love follows the ring. When Snow White took the ring before he could give it to Princess Midas, she became his true love. Does that make sense?

My question is why haughty, arrogant Princess Midas turned into soft, sensitive Katherine? Maybe she too had a true love somewhere and being forced to marry Charming was painful to her (so she took it out on him). In Storybrooke, where no one has a happy ending, she is separated from her true love as well. Well, it's an idea.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:36 AM   #772
blana
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartdisney View Post
Anyone else notice the confirmation that Cinderella's prince and Charming are in fact related? When Rumplestiltskin mentioned he was looking for the King's family's Fairy Godmother!
See, I took it that Cinderella herself was related to Charming.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:47 AM   #773
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin View Post
OK, his mother said that true love follows the ring. When Snow White took the ring before he could give it to Princess Midas, she became his true love. Does that make sense?

My question is why haughty, arrogant Princess Midas turned into soft, sensitive Katherine? Maybe she too had a true love somewhere and being forced to marry Charming was painful to her (so she took it out on him). In Storybrooke, where no one has a happy ending, she is separated from her true love as well. Well, it's an idea.
That makes sense. I remember SW trying the ring on, but did she give it back or did she keep it at that time? I need to watch it again.

Could Princess Midas have been an enemy of the Evil Queens by chance? EQ said she has never had a friend before and PM said she had not either but she does now. The look on EQ's face was weird. Going by the saying keep your friends close and your enemies closer this could be true.

Going on that, I just wonder if King Midas turned EQ's true love in to gold? This may be a way to get back at him.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:56 AM   #774
Zandy595
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I'm pretty sure SW did give the ring back to him. ETA: I went to abc.com and read the recap for this episode and SW did give the ring back to James.

His mother gave him the ring to give to King Midas' daughter. She said true love follows the ring where ever it goes and he would grow to love the princess. She said even if she never saw him again she would at least know that he would find love and be happy.

Animal Kingdom Lodge Pop Century All Star Music All Star Movies Caribbean Beach DCL Wonder 2001 DCL Magic Eastern 2004 DCL Magic Western 2008 DCL Dream 2011, 2012, 2014

Last edited by Zandy595; 12-06-2011 at 12:58 PM.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:34 PM   #775
jetskigrl

Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes!
Ok...lets shake things up a bit

The ring was in the brown pouch that Charming had in the carriage with him (that SW stole). That was the reason he was so desperate to get the pouch back, even fighing to trolls for it, right (ugh...I can't remember exactly how that episode went, LOL)? But he did end up getting it back.

I don't know if it actually showed it but I'm assuming that he then gave the ring to SW on their wedding day. That would explain why she is still wearing it in Storybrooke.

Next Up:
Old 12-06-2011, 12:54 PM   #776
punkin

Quote:
I'm pretty sure SW did give the ring back to him. ETA: I went to abc.com and read the recap for this episode and SW did give the ring back to James.

His mother gave him the ring to give to King Midas' daughter. She said true love follows the ring where ever it goes and he would grow to love the princess. She said even if she never saw him again she would at least know that he would find love and be happy.
Yes, but even though Snow White gave him back the ring, it looks like she ended up with it anyway. At least she obviously still has it in Storybrooke.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:17 PM   #777
Zandy595
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, but even though Snow White gave him back the ring, it looks like she ended up with it anyway. At least she obviously still has it in Storybrooke.
Right. I was just confirming what happened in the episode with the trolls. We'll have to wait and see what happens between James and Princess Midas.

Now I'm confusing myself. James is the poor woman's son, right? And he's David Nolan in Storybrooke? What was James' twin's name (the king's son who died) in Fairy Tale Land? Or was James the name of the King's son and the other twin took his name/identity as the prince? So then what was the poor woman's son's name before he changed it to James? I can't keep up.

In front of David and Kathryn's house is a sign that says, The Nolan's. The camera focused in on that and I'm trying to figure out why.

Last edited by Zandy595; 12-06-2011 at 01:37 PM.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:37 PM   #778
punkin

Quote:
Right. I was just confirming what happened in the episode with the trolls. We'll have to wait and see what happens between James and Princess Midas.

Now I'm confusing myself. James is the poor woman's son, right? And he's David Nolan in Storybrooke? What was James' twin's name (the king's son who died) in Fairy Tale Land? I can't keep up.

In front of David and Kathryn's house is a sign that says, The Nolan's. The camera focused in on that and I'm trying to figure out why.
James was the Dragonslayer's name. The farmer's son assumed his identity and is now being called James. I don't think we know what his mother named him.

Hmmm on the "The Nolans" camera shot. I am sure it means something, but I have no clue whatsoever what.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:44 PM   #779
LKFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyrich View Post
Do we know for sure whether or not Regina knows that Emma is Snow's daughter? I dont remember.
I don't think Regina knows but Rumple does.

For the most part, Rumble has been in the business of taking and giving babies. He gave Henry to Regina. He negotiated to take Cinderella's baby. He took James/David's brother to give to the king. But, with SW and PC in fairytale times, all he asked was for the name of the baby. He needed that name so he could identify her when she arrived in Storybrooke 28 years later. Remember when he first met Emma in Granny's B&B? He snickered, "Emma, such a pretty name."

Emma owes him which makes me think that, in the future, she is going to get pregnant and want to keep the baby but will owe it to Mr. Gold.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:53 PM   #780
Family Fun Mom
No longer tagless... my wit has been confirmed!
NOTHING FROM THE SEA!

Quote:
James was the Dragonslayer's name. The farmer's son assumed his identity and is now being called James. I don't think we know what his mother named him.

Hmmm on the "The Nolans" camera shot. I am sure it means something, but I have no clue whatsoever what.
When Snow White calls the Prince "Charming" he tells her he has a name. Does he say "James?" I don't remember. I only remember SW saying "I like Charming better."
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: