Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-18-2013, 10:49 AM   #3646
OhioStateBuckeye
DIS Veteran
 
OhioStateBuckeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 1,834

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerdreams View Post
Actually this episode had not only the references to LOST but reminded me of Groundhog Day with Bill Murray - seemed the same thing happened every day with no changes and by the last time we saw it, Regina was visibly perturbed!
I do think that reaction spoke a lot about her character though. She doesn't want to be loved or respected or even feared if people really don't mean it. I think if she would have put the curse on Henry she would have regretted it after a few days.


Also...I didn't realize every day was the same before Emma showed up. I realized that time stood still, but I thought they had different days.

That should have clued off Regina big time that Emma was a game changer because the days weren't all the same anymore.
OhioStateBuckeye is offline  
Old 03-18-2013, 10:55 AM   #3647
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 44,489

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy View Post
You may be right - I hadn't thought about that.
Nah, Cora was evil from the beginning. Just a continuity problem.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-18-2013, 11:57 AM   #3648
lizabu
DIS Veteran
 
lizabu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,561

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill

Nah, Cora was evil from the beginning. Just a continuity problem.
I disagree. Before she took out her heart she was an angry person. She wanted more from life. But was she actually evil? We know she was a liar and not happy with her lot in life but does that make a person evil?

Mary Margaret blackened her heart by taking part in a premeditated murder basically.

Cora's heart was safely locked away in a box throughout all of her murders and wicked acts.

We have to guess that Regina's heart is very black. She still has hers and she does evil things.
lizabu is offline  
Old 03-18-2013, 12:05 PM   #3649
iheartdisney
DIS Veteran
 
iheartdisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,651

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizabu View Post
I disagree. Before she took out her heart she was an angry person. She wanted more from life. But was she actually evil? We know she was a liar and not happy with her lot in life but does that make a person evil?

Mary Margaret blackened her heart by taking part in a premeditated murder basically.

Cora's heart was safely locked away in a box throughout all of her murders and wicked acts.

We have to guess that Regina's heart is very black. She still has hers and she does evil things.
What about Hook's heart then? He seems a pretty nasty pirate, and his heart was pretty red when we saw it. I'm on the side of continuity error.
__________________
[CENTER]
iheartdisney is offline  
Old 03-18-2013, 01:56 PM   #3650
Mel522
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,210

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartdisney View Post
What about Hook's heart then? He seems a pretty nasty pirate, and his heart was pretty red when we saw it. I'm on the side of continuity error.
Maybe it has to do with the person's feelings on what they did. I doubt Cora or Hook ever regretted what they did, or felt what they did was particularly evil. But, Mary Margaret felt horrible for what she did. I think she let the act blacken her heart by her reaction to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioStateBuckeye View Post
I do think that reaction spoke a lot about her character though. She doesn't want to be loved or respected or even feared if people really don't mean it. I think if she would have put the curse on Henry she would have regretted it after a few days.


Also...I didn't realize every day was the same before Emma showed up. I realized that time stood still, but I thought they had different days.

That should have clued off Regina big time that Emma was a game changer because the days weren't all the same anymore.
I don't think the days could repeat that way with Henry there. He doesn't do the same thing over and over again, so he would change that. Besides, Regina expressed how much she hated it, so there is no way she just let it continue. She probably figured out a way to change it before Henry showed up, or Henry was what changed it.
Mel522 is offline  
Old 03-18-2013, 02:44 PM   #3651
Mary Jo
Techarita
Loves the star on the mountain
 
Mary Jo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1998
Location: West of the original Magic Kingdom
Posts: 25,504
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel522 View Post
Maybe it has to do with the person's feelings on what they did. I doubt Cora or Hook ever regretted what they did, or felt what they did was particularly evil. But, Mary Margaret felt horrible for what she did. I think she let the act blacken her heart by her reaction to it.



I don't think the days could repeat that way with Henry there. He doesn't do the same thing over and over again, so he would change that. Besides, Regina expressed how much she hated it, so there is no way she just let it continue. She probably figured out a way to change it before Henry showed up, or Henry was what changed it.
I think most things repeated themselves, except when Henry affected it. When Snow White released the bluebird, I remembered her doing that in the first season. So, she was catching and releasing that poor bluebird over and over again (you'd think the bird would get a clue and stay away when she got near it).
Mary Jo is offline  
Old 03-18-2013, 04:50 PM   #3652
iheartdisney
DIS Veteran
 
iheartdisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,651

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel522 View Post
Maybe it has to do with the person's feelings on what they did. I doubt Cora or Hook ever regretted what they did, or felt what they did was particularly evil. But, Mary Margaret felt horrible for what she did. I think she let the act blacken her heart by her reaction to it.



I don't think the days could repeat that way with Henry there. He doesn't do the same thing over and over again, so he would change that. Besides, Regina expressed how much she hated it, so there is no way she just let it continue. She probably figured out a way to change it before Henry showed up, or Henry was what changed it.
That might be why she wanted Owen to stay... suddenly, he showed up and sat in her seat- a change! And then gave her the keychain- he showed kindness toward her without having been made to do so.
__________________
[CENTER]
iheartdisney is offline  
Old 03-18-2013, 05:04 PM   #3653
happygirl
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 18,180

Loved yesterday show one of the best!!! I'm starting to feel bad for Regina, I think she wants to be loved so bad, she really loves kids and her heart desire is to be loved by a child.


It was great to see Graham again. Who did MC go see was that Pincholio
happygirl is offline  
Old 03-19-2013, 07:16 AM   #3654
BKMETV
DIS Veteran
 
BKMETV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 3,211

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizabu View Post
Ooh..maybe Tamara is Her.



I watched OUAT at 6 on one channel and then at 8 on another channel. After the 6 pm episode they showed a preview for next week with Pinocchio. He is going to a Chinese medicine man seeking help for his turning to wood. After the 8 pm show they showed the preview with Greg and Tamara. Based on that it looks like Pinocchio will appear in next weeks episode.
Well now it make's more sense...I couldn't remember Tamara or the diner in the preview, but I saw the Pinocchio/Chinese medicine man one.
__________________
Ev

- Me - DH - DS 14 - DD 12


BKMETV is offline  
Old 03-19-2013, 01:56 PM   #3655
Lisa
OMG, I think I am going to pee my pants
Where is that evil devil smilie when I need it?
Aside from a near collison with a Tom Turkey flying across the highway the day was great!
 
Lisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 5,921

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygirl View Post
Loved yesterday show one of the best!!! I'm starting to feel bad for Regina, I think she wants to be loved so bad, she really loves kids and her heart desire is to be loved by a child.
Do you think along with being the Wicked Queen, Regina is also Mother Goose in the other realm? After all Rumple had two personas, Rumple and the Beast.
__________________
WDW: 8/73, 1/97, 1/98, 9/98, 1/99, 5/99, 1/00, 01/01, 10/02, 01/02, 02/02, 10/03, 01/04, 06/04, 1/05, 12/05, 01/07, 12/07, 8/08, 8/09, 2/10, 8/10, 2/11, 9/11, 05/12, 11/12
DL: 8/75, 4/85
DCL: 10/01, 01/03, 01/05, 09/13
Next visit: Cruising 09/14
Lisa is offline  
Old 03-19-2013, 02:11 PM   #3656
lovesmurfs
I need to start thinking of pithy things to say
It costs him money every time I watch!
 
lovesmurfs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Physically or mentally?
Posts: 5,425

Looks like they're going to publish a book series on Once Upon a Time: http://shelf-life.ew.com/2013/03/18/...n-a-time-book/
__________________
"Life is not like a box of chocolates. It's like a jar of jalapeno peppers. What you do today can burn your butt tomorrow."

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." Mark Twain

"Some people are like Slinkies. They serve no useful purpose, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs."
lovesmurfs is offline  
Old 03-19-2013, 04:09 PM   #3657
happygirl
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 18,180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
Do you think along with being the Wicked Queen, Regina is also Mother Goose in the other realm? After all Rumple had two personas, Rumple and the Beast.
I dunno that possible, she really really loves kids. they seem to make her happy
happygirl is offline  
Old 03-19-2013, 06:03 PM   #3658
Diznygrl
Disneyland Fanatic
But really, let's get real. I've never met a donut I didn't like
 
Diznygrl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Northern CA
Posts: 2,381

I know this is petty, but did it bother anyone else that they were supposed to be in 1983, they had 1983 cars and that 1983 computer bus bench advertisement, yet their hair/clothing/makeup stayed modern? Incidentally, I've always found it odd that all of their fashion and technology changed with the times even though they were supposed to be frozen in time and shut off from the world....
__________________
Diznygrl is offline  
Old 03-19-2013, 06:20 PM   #3659
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 44,489

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
I know this is petty, but did it bother anyone else that they were supposed to be in 1983, they had 1983 cars and that 1983 computer bus bench advertisement, yet their hair/clothing/makeup stayed modern? Incidentally, I've always found it odd that all of their fashion and technology changed with the times even though they were supposed to be frozen in time and shut off from the world....
They were trend setters.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline  
Old 03-19-2013, 06:39 PM   #3660
onelilspark
DIS Veteran
 
onelilspark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Melbourne, FL
Posts: 7,112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
I know this is petty, but did it bother anyone else that they were supposed to be in 1983, they had 1983 cars and that 1983 computer bus bench advertisement, yet their hair/clothing/makeup stayed modern? Incidentally, I've always found it odd that all of their fashion and technology changed with the times even though they were supposed to be frozen in time and shut off from the world....
It bugged me. I was coming on to say the same thing. All of the fashion was current, not from 1983. I had a really had a hard time when they were doing flashbacks.
onelilspark is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: