Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 12:36 PM   #3496
disneygirl520
Disney: where everyone screams at the sight of a mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesmurfs

Absolutely. It was a self-fulfilling prophecy. The actions Rumple took the day of the battle ensured that his son would grow up without a father, because of how Rumple interpreted the prophecy.

I wonder whether Rumple can still see the future (when he has magic)? The seer thanked him, so I thought the transfer of power took.
I think he can, I'm pretty sure in the episode when Rumple was waiting to see his son Henry talked about how Rumple can see the future.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:38 PM   #3497
lizabu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesmurfs

Absolutely. It was a self-fulfilling prophecy. The actions Rumple took the day of the battle ensured that his son would grow up without a father, because of how Rumple interpreted the prophecy.

I wonder whether Rumple can still see the future (when he has magic)? The seer thanked him, so I thought the transfer of power took.
Agreed. He took the prediction as he was going to die in battle. Which is why he injured himself. That action was what eventually made him lose his son. It was the first step in the chain of events which caused Bae to grow up without a Father.

I think he can still see into the future. The reason why is when Rumple was talking to Henry he was trying to explain how the future is a puzzle. I think he can see the future but the future changes based on people's actions. That's why there are the missing pieces in the puzzle.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2013, 01:53 PM   #3498
Mel522
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirl520 View Post
Sorry, I just found this tread and now people who can possibly answer my questions. Do you think that the seer was right when he said Bae would grow up without a father, even though Rumple didn't die Bae still grew up without him?
The seer never said Rumple would die. He just assumed that. When he asked her if he was going to die, she didn't answer. She did say that he would help her in the future, which would mean that he wasn't going to die the next day. The seer never saw Rumple's death. I think she manipulated him to send him on the path that would lead to Rumple taking her power/burden.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:27 PM   #3499
sunshinehighway
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know why Mary Margaret and James said Regina is Henry's step great grandmother? It was when MM told James about Bae being Henry's father. James said that would make Regina his step grandmother and MM corrected him and said she'd be the step great grandmother (and adoptive mother).
Old 02-18-2013, 02:29 PM   #3500
pezheadmeg
feminsit turned fashion student

I was so sure that Neil was not Bae. Guess I blew that one. Should have trusted my instincts that Henry was Bae's son from day one.

And I did love David's comment that Thanksgiving dinner would be interesting with that crazy family tree.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:32 PM   #3501
pezheadmeg
feminsit turned fashion student

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinehighway
Does anyone know why Mary Margaret and James said Regina is Henry's step great grandmother? It was when MM told James about Bae being Henry's father. James said that would make Regina his step grandmother and MM corrected him and said she'd be the step great grandmother (and adoptive mother).
Regina is MM's stepmother. MM is Henry's grandmother. Somehow it'll make sense one day.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:36 PM   #3502
sunshinehighway
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pezheadmeg View Post
Regina is MM's stepmother. MM is Henry's grandmother. Somehow it'll make sense one day.
I wasn't sure if that was it though. They were talking about Rumple being Henry's grandfather and then brought up Regina. Maybe its just because it was James/David and it takes him a while to figure things out.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:40 PM   #3503
Funfire240
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinehighway View Post
Because Mary Margaret is Henry's Grandmother and Regina is her (MM's) step-mother, therefore making her the step-great-grandmother.

Is anyone else getting confused by all this? Took me a minute to straighten it all out (and I think I have it right -someone correct me if I'm wrong)
Old 02-18-2013, 02:43 PM   #3504
disneygirl520
Disney: where everyone screams at the sight of a mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funfire240

Because Mary Margaret is Henry's Grandmother and Regina is her (MM's) step-mother, therefore making her the step-great-grandmother.

Is anyone else getting confused by all this? Took me a minute to straighten it all out (and I think I have it right -someone correct me if I'm wrong)
I think you're right, but why did it seem like David and MM were just discovering this. How did discovering that Bae is Henry's father change anything.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:44 PM   #3505
SmallWorld71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshinehighway View Post
I wasn't sure if that was it though. They were talking about Rumple being Henry's grandfather and then brought up Regina. Maybe its just because it was James/David and it takes him a while to figure things out.
I had the same thought process. I was thinking that the way he said it made it seem like all of a sudden Regina was more to Henry than before. Then I figured they were just listing Henry's convoluted family tree.

I did chuckle when James/David said something along the lines of "but I'm his grandfather" and MM was like, "You can have more than one."

Old 02-18-2013, 02:52 PM   #3506
lovesmurfs
I need to start thinking of pithy things to say
It costs him money every time I watch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirl520 View Post
I think you're right, but why did it seem like David and MM were just discovering this. How did discovering that Bae is Henry's father change anything.
It makes a blood link with Henry, MM/David/Emma, and Rumple.

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." Mark Twain

"Some people are like Slinkies. They serve no useful purpose, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs."
Old 02-18-2013, 03:01 PM   #3507
Amy
MamaGrumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funfire240 View Post

And even though it wasn't mentioned last night, Cora would be Henry's step-great-great-grandmother. Poor kid! He's going to need LOTS of sessions with Archie!

June 1999 - Port Orleans (now POFQ) June 2001 - POFQ/HRH June 2003 - WL/HRH July 2004 - DL/Calif Adv June 2005 - WL/HRH Dec. 2005 - WL (DS band trip!) June 2007 - WL/HRH Nov./Dec. 2007 - Pop (band trip with both DS's!) Oct 2011 - Pop
Old 02-18-2013, 06:56 PM   #3508
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

I'd really like to revisit some of the characters from last season. We haven't heard anything about Cinderella. Or the Mad Hatter.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:04 PM   #3509
DisneyFan32WI
Sometimes I just like to be plain and boring

AND....What in the heck ever happened to Pinocchio? He was laying on the bed and then we never saw him again!
Old 02-18-2013, 07:04 PM   #3510
FINFAN
Mom to Tinkbell
Makes the best Apple Pie on her block!
My driver's license will say "Florida Resident" one day!
I blame Jaws

Is Colin O'Donoghue (Hook) in he new Calirol hair color commercial? It is of the husband talking how with everything going on in their lives, he has aged but his wife is still the same- then the shpiel about clairol . It's semi b/w filming so I can't relly see those blue eyes Prob isn't him, hard to tell w/out the guyliner
Dan's IN to the Hall of Fame!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: