Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 09:39 PM   #3436
LKFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel522 View Post
The preview made me question if Bea is Henry's father. The preview said this could be "the biggest bombshell yet," but the rumor has been around since season one. It is expected, not a bombshell. With a preview like that I would be disappointing if the bombshell ended up being something many assumed for so long.

Yes, Rumple no longer has magic. He lost it when he left town. I think his cowardice is coming back. His face on the plane reminded me of the episodes that show him before he became the Dark One. He found courage in his power and without it he will return to being the coward he used to be. Or at least that's how I saw it.
Yes it has been assumed by people who obsess over the show like us but I don't think that the average viewer will see it coming.

Regarding Rumple and losing his magic, isn't that what Bae wanted? He wanted his dad to give up magic and power.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:54 PM   #3437
iheartdisney
DIS Veteran

Ok, I said it about 200 pages ago, but it bears repeating. Unless the writers have ZERO sense on continuity, Neil and Bae cannot be the same person.
Rumpelstiltskin was already The Dark One when we first meet Jiminey in human form. At that time, Geppetto was only a child. So unless the magic bean made a time portal as well as a realm-jumping portal, Bae has to be at least in his 60's (aging compared to Geppetto)

Now as for the "biggest bombshell ever," did anyone else catch this in the TV Guide interview?
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Once-Upo...C-1060428.aspx

Quote:
The Hunstman is returning. Is this via a flashback in Storybrooke?
Horowitz: How the Hunstman returns is something we're really excited about.
Kitsis: No matter how they're getting him, they're getting Jamie Dornan, so we feel that they will be satisfied either way.
So could Emma's surprise be from running into an incarnation of Graham? The wording of "How the Huntsman returns" is an interesting phrasing, no?
Gah, i can't wait till Sunday!! The suspense is killing me!!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2013, 04:08 AM   #3438
starwood
This mouse GOT her next cruise
I won't even tell my DH what I'm doing. He already thinks I'm nuts

My theory is that Neal could be Bae AND Peter Pan. If he went to Neverland first he wouldn't have grown up for a while.

Environmentallity Begins With You
Old 02-12-2013, 06:23 AM   #3439
Liza111577
Becoming a DISney addict!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starwood View Post
My theory is that Neal could be Bae AND Peter Pan. If he went to Neverland first he wouldn't have grown up for a while.
That would make sense, Hook hates Rumple, therefore hating Rumple's son Peter Pan.

I'm missing pieces to the puzzle though. I always thought Rumple's son and Pinocchio were about the same age. I don't remember any scenes where Geppetto was a child when Rumple got his magic.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:37 AM   #3440
BDL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by starwood View Post
It's a good thought. But Bae would've had to have come here (or someplace like here) 1st, and then go to Neverland. The whole point of him going through the portal was to take Rumple to a world without magic. That would mean that he would've had to have found another portal, to get to Neverland, in a world that didn't have magic.

But not to dispair. I have an adendum.

If Tink found him in his new world, and THEN took him to Neverland...

It's a little convoluted, and busy, but can explained.

Old 02-12-2013, 08:26 AM   #3441
Hoodie
Going to BC and GF with one week's planning
The snappers go for you and the painteds pee on you. Either way, they never seemed very grateful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartdisney View Post
Ok, I said it about 200 pages ago, but it bears repeating. Unless the writers have ZERO sense on continuity, Neil and Bae cannot be the same person.
Rumpelstiltskin was already The Dark One when we first meet Jiminey in human form. At that time, Geppetto was only a child. So unless the magic bean made a time portal as well as a realm-jumping portal, Bae has to be at least in his 60's (aging compared to Geppetto)
There's already continuity issues. Per the "official" Rumple wiki description, he was 300 years old when the curse happened, (presumably because of becoming the Dark One?) however in that case Bae would be long dead of old age in this world.

Even not accounting for Rumple's presumed advanced age, you have the timeline of events involving Hook and Bae's mother. Since Rumple didn't get involved with Jiminy/Geppetto until after he became the Dark One and Hook was involved with Rumple before he became the Dark One, Hook should be about 90 years old. My guess is that they will cover any continuity issues with a general "time is different from one world to the next" After all, we already know that time stood still in Storybrooke for everyone other than Henry.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:34 AM   #3442
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

Another twist from the preview- they showed Regina, Cora, and Hook at Hold's shop with the dagger. If Rumple doesn't have power anymore then who do you think will control the dark one?
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Old 02-12-2013, 12:11 PM   #3443
blana
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodie View Post
There's already continuity issues. Per the "official" Rumple wiki description, he was 300 years old when the curse happened, (presumably because of becoming the Dark One?) however in that case Bae would be long dead of old age in this world.

Even not accounting for Rumple's presumed advanced age, you have the timeline of events involving Hook and Bae's mother. Since Rumple didn't get involved with Jiminy/Geppetto until after he became the Dark One and Hook was involved with Rumple before he became the Dark One, Hook should be about 90 years old. My guess is that they will cover any continuity issues with a general "time is different from one world to the next" After all, we already know that time stood still in Storybrooke for everyone other than Henry.
The Hook thing can easily be explained by the fact that Hook went to Neverland where he didn't age.

As for the Bae thing, since the method of arriving in this world was different, the timeline doesn't have to be the same. One arrived by good magic (Bae) and the other by a CURSE written by R specifically to find his son. R wouldn't have written a curse that would get him here 300 years too late. He'd write it to get back to Bae, regardless of the amount of time that passed in the fairytale world.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:13 PM   #3444
LKFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorechick View Post
Another twist from the preview- they showed Regina, Cora, and Hook at Hold's shop with the dagger. If Rumple doesn't have power anymore then who do you think will control the dark one?
I think Charming will become the dark one.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:24 PM   #3445
BlakeNJ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gometros
For you Losties, did you catch that the book Ruby gave to Belle was Jules Verne's Mysterious Island? I
New to the thread. Love Once. I don't have friends that watch (silly fools) so it's fun to read this thread! I watch with my kids.

I also watched Lost and picked up on this reference!
Old 02-13-2013, 12:27 AM   #3446
AngieBelle
Future Belle on Broadway
Sewed names on hats @ WDW
Sings like an angel

When Bae went through the portal created by the bean, the blue fairy mentioned it could send a person through space *and* time. I also think Rumple set up the curse to send them to our world around the same time that Bae arrived.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:52 AM   #3447
lizabu
DIS Veteran

Here's a thought...the bean came from the Blue Fairy. The wardrobe idea was the Blue Fairys idea. If Bae and Emma met up in our world later on maybe its more than a coincidence that the ended up in the same time?

I want to know how Rumple got Henry if he couldn't leave Storybrooke before and I'm still curious to know what was in the box August showed Neal.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:44 AM   #3448
Amy
MamaGrumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizabu View Post
Here's a thought...the bean came from the Blue Fairy. The wardrobe idea was the Blue Fairys idea. If Bae and Emma met up in our world later on maybe its more than a coincidence that the ended up in the same time?

I want to know how Rumple got Henry if he couldn't leave Storybrooke before and I'm still curious to know what was in the box August showed Neal.
Ok, so Neal took one look in the box and immediately trusted August and understood how "important" Emma was. So that means Neal knew something about magic and the Fairy Tale world and the importance of whatever was in the box. So what's small enough to fit in the box and yet significant enough that Neal would know it related to magic? You might be right - beans. Or - here's a wild thought - maybe Rumpel's dagger? Or a fairy? August wouldn't be running around with a heart in there, would he?

June 1999 - Port Orleans (now POFQ) June 2001 - POFQ/HRH June 2003 - WL/HRH July 2004 - DL/Calif Adv June 2005 - WL/HRH Dec. 2005 - WL (DS band trip!) June 2007 - WL/HRH Nov./Dec. 2007 - Pop (band trip with both DS's!) Oct 2011 - Pop
Old 02-13-2013, 08:52 AM   #3449
lovesmurfs
I need to start thinking of pithy things to say
It costs him money every time I watch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy View Post
Ok, so Neal took one look in the box and immediately trusted August and understood how "important" Emma was. So that means Neal knew something about magic and the Fairy Tale world and the importance of whatever was in the box. So what's small enough to fit in the box and yet significant enough that Neal would know it related to magic? You might be right - beans. Or - here's a wild thought - maybe Rumpel's dagger? Or a fairy? August wouldn't be running around with a heart in there, would he?
Couldn't have been the dagger -- August came to Storybrooke to get the dagger, and the box incident was before that.

I was thinking fairy dust?

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." Mark Twain

"Some people are like Slinkies. They serve no useful purpose, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs."
Old 02-13-2013, 11:54 AM   #3450
lizabu
DIS Veteran

The other thing is August had to know who Neal is or else how would he have known Neal would understand what he was seeing? If he showed just some average guy a dagger or fairy dust they probably wouldn't have even known what they were looking at.

Where the heck is August anyways?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: