Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 08:51 AM   #2731
lovesmurfs
I need to start thinking of pithy things to say
It costs him money every time I watch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starwood View Post
An interesting theory of Dr. Whale is that he is Dr. Frankenstein. The original 1939 Frankenstein movie was directed by James Whale.
Oooohhhh....the possibilities!

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." Mark Twain

"Some people are like Slinkies. They serve no useful purpose, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs."
Old 10-01-2012, 08:53 AM   #2732
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees
Don't apply for a job there! DUH!!!!!
Dork/geeky or just plain scary. You be the judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephyDee View Post
Poor mom and dad though. I tried explaining the storyline to them up to this point (although there's only so much you can explain for a whole season in a couple mins XD). They ended up getting so confused with what happened at the end with Snow and Emma. My dad didn't immediately scowl at it though, which is a GREAT sign for him. If he sits through the show and makes a few jokes, he doesn't hate it.

Can't wait till next week. I'm already bouncing in my seat!
My mom was the same way for a little bit. She eventually understood when I explained to her that the show is giving the back stories of each of the characters. She eventually understood what was going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKFan View Post
I liked the recap.
We loved the recap as well. Can someone confirm if the person doing the summary was Sidney aka the Mirror?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKFan View Post
So Regina doesn't have magic but Emma does? Is that why the hat spun when Emma touched Regina's shoulder? If that is the case, why did the wall grab PC after Emma was gone? Was magic transferred from Emma to Regina?
I noticed that too and was shocked! Regina didn't have her magic back until after Emma touched her.

Now I'm left wondering two things:

1. Who was the man in the beginning who received the note saying "Broken"? DH and I are wondering if it's Rumple's son or someone else.

2. How on earth is Charming going to find a way to get to Snow and Emma?

I was going to add a few other things but I'm going to hold off in case anyone else hasn't seen it yet.

Can't wait for next week!

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 08:58 AM   #2733
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees
Don't apply for a job there! DUH!!!!!
Dork/geeky or just plain scary. You be the judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfn420 View Post
I heard a theory that the guy in the beginning of the ep receiving the postcard is both Bae AND Henry's dad...that would be interesting. He did have a sign up in his room that said something Hatter..so could be a connection there as well. Also, wasn't there an ep where Augsust was on the phone with someone and we dont' know who...maybe he was calling him?

Also, when Emma mentioned Jefferson to Regina she looked like she didn't remember him at all. A side effect of the wraith?
Ohhhh, interesting theory! We noticed the hatter reference on the wall as well and wondered if there was any connection. I was also wondering why Regina didn't remember Jefferson. That caught me completely off guard.

We also wondering what happened to August/Pinocchio

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor
Old 10-01-2012, 09:19 AM   #2734
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

I absolutely loved the episode last night! Go Mulan!!
Old 10-01-2012, 09:52 AM   #2735
Family Fun Mom
No longer tagless... my wit has been confirmed!
NOTHING FROM THE SEA!

I loved last night's episode! Loved the casting of Mulan, is she gorgeous or what? I've seen the actress in other roles but I love her as Mulan! I was bummed that Prince Phillip was "soul sucked" I thought he was adorable. I hope he isn't dead-dead, just soul-sucked-dead and we get to see him again (in flashbacks and real time).

I, too, suspect the dude in the beginning is either Rumple's son, Henry's dad, or both! I'd love to see that play out.

I loved the Charming family reunion. But how weird is it that Emma, Snow, and Charming are all the same age and Henry is calling them Grandma and Grandpa? LOL Thought that was funny. I always liked David better as Charming, it's good to see him with a backbone and mind of his own again.

Loved Belle. Loved Rumple. Love to hate Regina. But most of all I love that my kids, even the teenaged ones, all gather so we can watch the show together. So glad our Sunday tradition is back!

Can't wait to see more!
Old 10-01-2012, 09:53 AM   #2736
Mr.MouseFan
Is a line cutter
The TF knows who you are!
Performs random acts of kindness

I also was surprised that Regina didn't know who Jefferson was. Maybe she was just putting on a front for Emma? The again, this show being what it is, I'm sure there's a much bigger explanation.

Grant gets his memory back and now Regina gets her magic. We've been told over and over that true love is the most powerful magic of all. If Emma is the product of true love, imagine all the powers she must have that haven't been discovered yet.

As for the safe haven for the people left in Fairytale world, I wonder if the safe haven is Neverland? I wonder how Rumple will use the favor that he is still owed by Emma? Also, did anyone else notice during the brief blip during the preview of what's yet to come at the end of the show that it looked like Snow steps between Emma and what looks like Regina's mother?

I am in love with this show. So much going on. So many questions. Not enough answers..LOL
'11 Port Orleans Riverside
'12 Art of Animation
'07 '09 '14 - Disneyland
Old 10-01-2012, 10:15 AM   #2737
wasabi girl
Mouseketeer
I can't get in the shower if the shower curtain is already wet

I haven't watched the episode yet but cannot wait! I love this show.

Last edited by wasabi girl; 10-01-2012 at 10:44 AM.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:27 AM   #2738
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Ok, something I don't understand, might have missed it somewhere, but in the re-cap show, when Regina brought her father back through the hat, where is he now? Did she not bring him back to Storybrooke?
Old 10-01-2012, 10:34 AM   #2739
BDL
DIS Veteran

Like many others, I have theories about who the guy in NY was. Could be Bae... Could be Henry's dad... My theory is that he is Peter Pan.

We know Hook is in this season. And he is the kind of person that can go anywhere.

And I was wondering if anyone checked on August too.

PS: I loved the defiance Whale had for PC when he wouldn't reveal his identity. Which leads me to believe that he has a different form in the other world.

Old 10-01-2012, 10:37 AM   #2740
Mr.MouseFan
Is a line cutter
The TF knows who you are!
Performs random acts of kindness

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne View Post
Ok, something I don't understand, might have missed it somewhere, but in the re-cap show, when Regina brought her father back through the hat, where is he now? Did she not bring him back to Storybrooke?
This confuses me too. I'm assuming when Regina brought her father out of Wonderland, it was before she had to sacrifice him for the curse. She threw his heart in the fire. So, I'm assuming there's another backstory that explains why the Queen of Hearts had Regina's father to begin with. But from what I understand it to be, Regina sacrificed her father for the curse, therefore he's not in our world.
'11 Port Orleans Riverside
'12 Art of Animation
'07 '09 '14 - Disneyland
Old 10-01-2012, 10:55 AM   #2741
keenercam
Wishes she were Mickey's girl
Would settle for looking like Tinkerbell instead of Winnie the Pooh

I thought it was fascinating that Whale said that Prince Charming wasn't his prince. So, if everyone in Storybrook (except Emma and August) was from the fairy tale world, why would Whale say that? Is he not from Fairy Tale world?
Old 10-01-2012, 11:00 AM   #2742
Disneyfn420
Mouseketeer

Here is a whole article discussing who the mystery man is...read at your own risk!

http://tvline.com/2012/09/30/once-up...c-mystery-man/
Old 10-01-2012, 11:36 AM   #2743
PeanutButterMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfn420 View Post
Here is a whole article discussing who the mystery man is...read at your own risk!

http://tvline.com/2012/09/30/once-up...c-mystery-man/
Talk about a time suck! I've been reading that blog post and the comments for the past half an hour! I loooooove this show.

I too think Bae/Henry's dad (one in the same).
Me (slice-o-bread #1) DH (my matching slice) PeanutButter (AKA PB) Jelly:earboy:
Old 10-01-2012, 11:52 AM   #2744
apirateslifeforme
The Next Mrs. Simon LeBon
On a serious note, I have to agree with the pantyhose and buttfloss
Rare. Bloody rare. Still mooing

Quote:
Originally Posted by starwood View Post
An interesting theory of Dr. Whale is that he is Dr. Frankenstein. The original 1939 Frankenstein movie was directed by James Whale.
I thought this as well! Do we know yet what is first name is? Cause I'm wondering if it's "Victor"...

I also wondered about the absence of Pinocchio/August. And I, too, thought that the NYC man at the beginning is Bae.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:28 PM   #2745
kt_mom
DIS Veteran

I was a little worried about where they were going to go with this season because they broke the curse so quickly. (I had kind of thought that would be dragged out a little longer) But I really enjoyed the show last night and I"m looking forward to seeing where they take it now. I'm glad they gave us plenty of new things to keep us guessing. My only issue was that DD was a little scared by the wraith and so she didn't enjoy it as much as she usually does. But hopefully next week she won't have that problem.

I like the idea of the mystery man in NY being Bael but who would have sent him the postcard?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: