Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 09:11 AM   #1921
KrazyPete
skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid02 View Post
There's that and also the fact that people dye their hair.
Mysterious motorcycle drifter guy is dying his hair?
Old 03-22-2012, 09:33 AM   #1922
litlpixie
Proudly stalking the CRO since 2001!!

Im SO glad I found this thread. None of my friends or family watch this show except for me and I have no one to talk to about it! I can finally vent to people who understand

David- He's such a wuss-bag in SB, I almost cant stand him!

August-I dont know if Im sold yet on the Pinnochio theory-but I LIKE the theory. I kinda was leaning toward Peter Pan, until I found out they dont have the rights to PP yet, so now Im still kind of stumped.

Question- I never saw the episode that featured Cinderella-can someone fill me in?

Also- I wonder if we will see Robin Hood?? thoughts??

thanks for starting this thread, whoever you are!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-22-2012, 10:39 AM   #1923
lovesmurfs
I need to start thinking of pithy things to say
It costs him money every time I watch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by litlpixie View Post
Question- I never saw the episode that featured Cinderella-can someone fill me in?

Also- I wonder if we will see Robin Hood?? thoughts??
It's the 4th episode - The Price of Gold. (Emma tries to help a young pregnant woman escape from the clutches of Mr. Gold. Meanwhile, back in the fairytale world that was, Cinderella makes a regrettable deal with Rumplestiltskin.)

It's kind of an important one -- if I recall, this is the one where Emma asks Mr. Gold for help and she now owes him a "favor." Also, it shows Rumple snuffing the Fairy Godmother in FTL -- starting to show the depths of evil -- Cinderella and her Prince use an enchanted pen to strike a "deal" with Rumple. The pen sends him to prison.

Robin Hood is a definite possibility, I think.

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." Mark Twain

"Some people are like Slinkies. They serve no useful purpose, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs."
Old 03-22-2012, 12:10 PM   #1924
charming23
DIS Veteran

They do not have the rights to Robin Hood either. There was an interview out around the time the Sheriff died that originally instead of the Huntsman they wanted him to be Robin Hood but could not secure the rights to do so.

We may still see him down the road if they ever get the rights.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:30 PM   #1925
litlpixie
Proudly stalking the CRO since 2001!!

OK, I just wasted most of my work day reading these pages, thank Heaven my boss is at a convention in Atlanta So, here's a wacky thought I just had:

August....When I think of that word I think of the zodiac sign, Leo, which is a lion, Lion, Witch and The WARDROBE! Anyone??? No?!? It's just a thought slow day at work and all......

Old 03-22-2012, 02:14 PM   #1926
monkeybug
I feel safer when I know where they are than I do when they're crawlin' around unknown

There was a Wayne Booth who was a writer, so my guess is that August did indeed write the book (one site I read even linked the original Wayne Booth to Jane Austen's Emma). I'm thinking he may be Rumples son (because Rumple would have left him out of the curse) and that is how he grew up in the "real" world. I just can't figure out what his end goal would be in writing the book? To break the curse? And why did he give it to Henry? Is Henry his son? Maybe Rumple took a potion similar to the one Snow took to forget Charming to help him forget his son, so he wouldn't recognize August now. I think I saw reference to Wayne Booth and something about an "unreliable Narrator"...unreliable would explain the lemur thing I guess!
There are some people who seem to think he is both the writer and Robin Hood (because the name Wayne booth has links to both) and I like that theory! I could see Rumples son escaping to the forrest and becoming a Robin Hood like character. Sounds like that isn't the case though if they originally planned on the Sheriff being Robin Hood.
I think Pinnochio is the 7 year old boy who found Emma, because the wood he was made of offered him protection.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:55 PM   #1927
tasha99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by charming23 View Post
They do not have the rights to Robin Hood either. There was an interview out around the time the Sheriff died that originally instead of the Huntsman they wanted him to be Robin Hood but could not secure the rights to do so.

We may still see him down the road if they ever get the rights.
How could there be rights involved for Robin Hood? That would be like having to get the rights to King Arthur. It seems like it would be far too old a story for someone to have a claim on it.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:59 PM   #1928
pansmermaidzlagoon
Mickey asks that you not advise screwing things into his head

reposting because it has come up, hope it helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansmermaidzlagoon View Post

I just got thinking late last night about Lemurs in the Madagascar movies - and thought "wait, they can't be in Nepal".

so he either lies, (despite saying he never lies???) or he is telling "stories"!!!!, right?

may be wayyyyy out there, but the Grimm's were philologists...."August" is the name of a couple philologists including one man the Grimms worked with, Booth came up as the name of a modern day philologist I found at Barnes and Noble.....I went crazy googling the names and this is a loose association I came up with ...thought it was totally crazy until thinking about last night.... "Wayne"...I've got nothin' Wait!...Wayne C. Booth.....I may have missed the Wayne when I originally found "Booth"........could it be?

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/rhet...=wayne+c+booth

also Wikipedia entry for Booth gives more on the "unreliable story teller" or whatever...

read the description for this book!!!! Can't believe I never read this given all the fiction classes I took in college....could it be the writers are very familiar?
he could be the writer....he could be the keeper of the book.....less possibly a narrator in some sense....

I have also read elsewhere that he was adding his story to the book and that if you look closely the pages are the Rose Red& Snow White story as well as The Golden Bird - possibly not "his story" but stories he felt needed to be added?
'11 WONDER Alaska Cruise: '13 WILDERNESS LODGE

Last edited by pansmermaidzlagoon; 03-22-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Old 03-22-2012, 03:00 PM   #1929
KDilly
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasha99 View Post
How could there be rights involved for Robin Hood? That would be like having to get the rights to King Arthur. It seems like it would be far too old a story for someone to have a claim on it.
Either way it's a great show and seems popular around here. I imagine if/when it goes into another/more seasons they will add more characters and get whatever rights they want/need.

-KD
Old 03-22-2012, 03:54 PM   #1930
monkeybug
I feel safer when I know where they are than I do when they're crawlin' around unknown

I also read that August Wayne Booth anagrams to "Snow, A tough beauty."
LOL, completely useless, but I love anagrams and thought it was interesting!

I'm guessing that since we are dealing with the writers of Lost, they purposely choose names that when researched lead down many, many paths! They wouldn't make it too easy.

I'm also anticipating that the end of this series will have a "twist' much like Lost's. (which I wasn't really a fan of) Maybe the Fairy tale realm is the land that's actually cursed and instead of creating a curse that brought them to a new land, rumple just broke the curse that had them in Fairytale land? LOL...probably not, but that's the sort of think I imagine them doing.
I just hope it doesn't end up being something like Henrys father gave him the book before leaving, he clings to the book and it's stories to escape the cold emotionless childhood he has with his adoptive mother, and Emma arrives as "the savior" and gives him a reason to live in the real world. Thus breaking his "curse". That would suck! (just like the whole "oh we're on this creepy island with a smoke monster, and polar bears, and all these other mysterious things, but we're really just chillin' until we get to the big island in the sky" thing sucked!)
Old 03-22-2012, 04:10 PM   #1931
charming23
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasha99 View Post
That was just what the article said. I wish I could find it again. It was an interview with the actor and he said that they could not get the rights to the character. I am not sure how it works but I can't imagine that anyone would own a story that old.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:36 PM   #1932
Mermaid02
BL II - Blue Team
Cocoa Krispies all the way!
My son's hermit crab is a zombie....
I'm leaving this snake lover infested thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyPete View Post
Mysterious motorcycle drifter guy is dying his hair?
Sure. He's hiding from Regina....

~Be your own inspiration~
Old 03-22-2012, 05:22 PM   #1933
LKFan
DIS Veteran

Look at this thread and discussion. http://oncepodcast.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2429
Old 03-22-2012, 05:40 PM   #1934
monkeybug

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKFan View Post
Look at this thread and discussion. http://oncepodcast.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2429
Well if a picture of Robin Hood and little John is hung on Henry's wall, then my guess is they are included in the show!
Old 03-22-2012, 06:01 PM   #1935
lizabu
DIS Veteran

I googled it as google knows all and according to yahoo answers Robin Hood is an 800 year old legend and no one can own the rights to a legend. You just can't copy someone elses story based on the legend. Even if Robin Hood were copyrighted a copyright expires after 100 years. I think if they are saying they can't do Robin Hood as they don't have the rights it's only to make it more exciting when they introduce him.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: