Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 06:04 AM   #1756
Mermaid02
BL II - Blue Team
Cocoa Krispies all the way!
My son's hermit crab is a zombie....
I'm leaving this snake lover infested thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by starwood View Post
Did anyone else notice the quote "You can do anything as long as you can dream it".

Awfully close to "If you can dream it, you can do it."
Walt Disney
I knew that sounded familiar!

I thought of Jack Sprat and his wife as well... Carrots were also shown at David's "coming home" party....

I think that August saying "I never lie" is just so telling.... I also think that him never lying and Emma always being able to tell when someone lies links them... some side effect of being transported by the cabinet and the Blue Fairy's magic.

~Be your own inspiration~
Old 03-07-2012, 10:11 AM   #1757
iheartdisney
DIS Veteran

OK, I had a suspicion about something and IMDB confirmed... The head nun WAS the Blue Fairy!

So this storyline did serve a purpose- we learned that even the magical creatures were cursed. While Blue Fairy's magic could protect one person from the curse, it couldn't protect herself!

And also that maybe Rumpelstilitskin was right- fairy magic *is* not all it is cracked up to be. He obviously disliked fairies, and now dislikes nuns. And we see that if all magic comes with a price, one of the prices of fairy magic is that two races are enslaved to produce it (dwarves and fairies)

One theory about what becomes of Nova: Remember when Snow had the vial of fairy dust, Charming asked isn't fairy dust supposed to be a good thing, and Snow answered something like, "It isn't that kind of fairy." So maybe because of her broken heart, Nova turned to the dark side.

The other thing that bugged me about Sunday's episode- besides the mindless slavery thing- was the fact that is *wasn't* love on Dreamy's part- it was the fairy dust.

But as the episode ended with his vowing to fix up his boat, maybe he is back to being dreamy again?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2012, 10:18 AM   #1758
Curiouser&curiouser!
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartdisney View Post
The other thing that bugged me about Sunday's episode- besides the mindless slavery thing- was the fact that is *wasn't* love on Dreamy's part- it was the fairy dust.
Interesting. I took it as the Fairy Dust changed Dreamy before he was hatched, so he was able to love.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:59 PM   #1759
Family Fun Mom
No longer tagless... my wit has been confirmed!
NOTHING FROM THE SEA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiouser&curiouser! View Post
Interesting. I took it as the Fairy Dust changed Dreamy before he was hatched, so he was able to love.
That's how I took it, too. And I can't imagine Nova turning to the dark side. She seemed way too pure of heart. I hope that's not true, and if it is, I hope she changes back.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:12 PM   #1760
Mermaid02
BL II - Blue Team
Cocoa Krispies all the way!
My son's hermit crab is a zombie....
I'm leaving this snake lover infested thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiouser&curiouser! View Post
That's how I took it too!

~Be your own inspiration~
Old 03-07-2012, 07:49 PM   #1761
lizabu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartdisney View Post
OK, I had a suspicion about something and IMDB confirmed... The head nun WAS the Blue Fairy!

So this storyline did serve a purpose- we learned that even the magical creatures were cursed. While Blue Fairy's magic could protect one person from the curse, it couldn't protect herself!

And also that maybe Rumpelstilitskin was right- fairy magic *is* not all it is cracked up to be. He obviously disliked fairies, and now dislikes nuns. And we see that if all magic comes with a price, one of the prices of fairy magic is that two races are enslaved to produce it (dwarves and fairies)

One theory about what becomes of Nova: Remember when Snow had the vial of fairy dust, Charming asked isn't fairy dust supposed to be a good thing, and Snow answered something like, "It isn't that kind of fairy." So maybe because of her broken heart, Nova turned to the dark side.

But as the episode ended with his vowing to fix up his boat, maybe he is back to being dreamy again?
I think you're right that there has to be an evil fairy but I don't think it's Nova otherwise Sister Astrid would be bad because Storybrooke happens after FTL and good people seem to be still good and bad people are still bad.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:40 PM   #1762
beattyfamily
DIS Cast Member
Has Oodles of Poodles
And the Tag Fairy wants to hug them all!!

Spoiler

Question: What’s next with regards to Regina and Mr. Gold’s battle on Once Upon a Time? —Joy

Ausiello: “Certain things happen toward the last five or six episodes that shake our relationship,” teases Robert Carlyle. “You realize that maybe Rumplestiltskin [didn't create the curse] for her at all; maybe he was doing it for himself. Maybe the curse was created for him.”
Old 03-08-2012, 02:45 PM   #1763
beattyfamily
DIS Cast Member
Has Oodles of Poodles

Sneak Peak of Episode 15 (red-handed):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5k_-H0B6YA

I like it! The reference to a Storybrooke name in Fairytale Land, so cool!
Old 03-08-2012, 04:31 PM   #1764
pansmermaidzlagoon
Mickey asks that you not advise screwing things into his head

on IMDB, someone wrote that the pages of his own story that August is adding to the book are from "Snow White and Rose Red' and "The Golden Bird". In the first there is a man enchanted into a bear and in the latter it is a fox.

It is possible that August is the wolf alone and the writers of OUAT have condensed the three into one - OR - there is the possibility of a shape shifter, common in fairy tales including Grimm's.

Interestingly, in the original "SW & RR" - there is a dwarf.

This week should be interesting!
'11 WONDER Alaska Cruise: '13 WILDERNESS LODGE
Old 03-08-2012, 08:22 PM   #1765
beattyfamily
DIS Cast Member
Has Oodles of Poodles

More Spoilers:

Securing scoop from the show bosses on the Stranger aka August W. Booth, they’re especially elusive. Heck, they wont even say if he’s genuinely crushing on Emma. “He seems to be operating on an agenda,” notes EP Eddy Kitsis, “so the interesting thing is to ask is whether those feelings are real or not.” Kitsis will confirm this much, though – August did in fact add pages to Henry’s storybook, “for a very, very specific reason.” (And I myself will offer this one piece of intel regarding August’s trustworthiness: In the diner scene of this Sunday’s episode, pay close attention to the lemurs.) Speaking of new men in Emma’s life, EP Steve Pearlman says the March 25 episode featuring the Mad Hatter (played by Gossip Girl‘s Sebastian Stan) “is quite a big one for Emma. She comes into contact with a new character in Storybrooke who starts her onto a bit of a different journey. And by the end of the season, we will get Emma to a place where she has to make some decisions about her future.”
Old 03-09-2012, 05:03 PM   #1766
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beattyfamily View Post
Securing scoop from the show bosses on the Stranger aka August W. Booth, they’re especially elusive. Heck, they wont even say if he’s genuinely crushing on Emma. “He seems to be operating on an agenda,” notes EP Eddy Kitsis, “so the interesting thing is to ask is whether those feelings are real or not.” Kitsis will confirm this much, though – August did in fact add pages to Henry’s storybook, “for a very, very specific reason.” (And I myself will offer this one piece of intel regarding August’s trustworthiness: In the diner scene of this Sunday’s episode, pay close attention to the lemurs.) Speaking of new men in Emma’s life, EP Steve Pearlman says the March 25 episode featuring the Mad Hatter (played by Gossip Girl‘s Sebastian Stan) “is quite a big one for Emma. She comes into contact with a new character in Storybrooke who starts her onto a bit of a different journey. And by the end of the season, we will get Emma to a place where she has to make some decisions about her future.”
Isn't that the tale of Alice, she has to decide whether or not to marry...
Old 03-10-2012, 10:49 AM   #1767
pansmermaidzlagoon
Mickey asks that you not advise screwing things into his head

if you are on Facebook, you can not only like OUAT, but you can like each character. Belle's is especially interesting, there is an answered/unanswered questions section.
'11 WONDER Alaska Cruise: '13 WILDERNESS LODGE
Old 03-10-2012, 03:24 PM   #1768
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansmermaidzlagoon View Post
if you are on Facebook, you can not only like OUAT, but you can like each character. Belle's is especially interesting, there is an answered/unanswered questions section.
thanks! I am heading there now!
Old 03-11-2012, 10:38 AM   #1769
beattyfamily
DIS Cast Member
Has Oodles of Poodles

Spoilers:

ONCE UPON A TIME’: ANSWERS AND APPLES ‘RED AS BLOOD’
The magical first season of Once Upon a Time is set to wrap up in May, but don’t ask for the last episode’s title. “We’re debating it,” said co-executive producer Adam Horowitz. “We’ve run out — that’s it. We can’t think of a title now,” fellow co-EP Edward Kitsis joked.
But the penultimate episode is a different story. I’ll let you theorize exactly what the title “Apple Red as Blood,” means, but I can tell you that it’s part of a final arc that will focus heavily on the major players rather than stand-alone stories — like the heartwarming one we saw this week with Grumpy. “Next week is who the big bad wolf is. And then we just take off,” said Kitsis. “You’re gonna find out why the evil queen hates Snow White, what happened to Rumple’s son. You’re gonna find out who the stranger is. You’re gonna find out what happened to Kathryn and her disappearance, and it’s just gonna go crazy now.” Crazy, indeed — especially with Mary Margaret and David, Josh Dallas said.
Mr. Gold will act as Mary Margaret’s lawyer after she becomes implicated in Kathryn’s disappearance (and, possibly, murder, Kitsis teased!), and, says Dallas, “Lots of things go down. [David] feels very responsible,” he says. And it will all lead up to the epic season-ender. “All I can say is I just got the script for episode 21 and it is going to go someplace that the audience will not expect it ever to go,” he said.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:40 AM   #1770
beattyfamily
DIS Cast Member
Has Oodles of Poodles

So I've been reading other boards and after seeing 3 previews for tonights episode, some think the Big Bad Wolf is either:

Red Riding Hood
Red Riding Hood's love, Peter
Red Riding Hood's dad

oh, and one person thinks it's Granny!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: