Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 05:57 AM   #151
Mermaid02
BL II - Blue Team
Cocoa Krispies all the way!
My son's hermit crab is a zombie....
I'm leaving this snake lover infested thread

I'm not sure she remembers.... I think Mr. Gold does.... but she seemed to have "flickers" of deja vu or something.... but not really "remember".

~Be your own inspiration~
Old 10-31-2011, 07:57 AM   #152
lizabu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Mouse2RulethemAll View Post
I was thinking she might be Mother Gothel from Rapunzel. If I remember right, she blinded the Prince in that story.
I think you're right. When I was a kid I had a record that had different fairy tales on it. In the version of Rapunzel they performed on the record the witch had pushed the Prince out the window and he landed in the thistles that surrounded the base of the tower and scratched his eyes out. He spent years wandering around the woods lost until one day he heard Rapunzel singing. He followed her voice. He was so happy to find her again tears came to his eyes and his vision was restored. I don't remember what happened next but they ended up pushing the witch out the window and she had her eyes scratched out but there was no happy ending for her. She spent the rest of her days lost in the woods.

I had the strongest impression that Regina doesn't remember anything. Mr Gold seems to though. I think he played the Queen and her desire for revenge or whatever against her because he knew he would become the puppet master. I\m dying to know what Snow White could have possibly done to make the Queen hate her so much. The only stories I remember she was jealous of her because of her beauty but last night whan the Queen was talking to her Dad it sounded like she was saying Snow White wronged her in some way.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-31-2011, 08:03 AM   #153
ilovemk76
DIS Veteran

We loved last nights episode.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:09 AM   #154
AverageDiser
'Cause we can't all be perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lassie Lynne View Post
Wow....I couldn't figure out any of them....who were they?
We think it was the giant from Jack & The Beanstalk, the troll from Billy Goats Gruff, the witch from Hansel & Gretel. I think there was one other man, but we can't re-watch (no tivo or anything and dial-up) so I'm not sure.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:12 AM   #155
AverageDiser
'Cause we can't all be perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizabu View Post
I think you're right. When I was a kid I had a record that had different fairy tales on it. In the version of Rapunzel they performed on the record the witch had pushed the Prince out the window and he landed in the thistles that surrounded the base of the tower and scratched his eyes out. He spent years wandering around the woods lost until one day he heard Rapunzel singing. He followed her voice. He was so happy to find her again tears came to his eyes and his vision was restored. I don't remember what happened next but they ended up pushing the witch out the window and she had her eyes scratched out but there was no happy ending for her. She spent the rest of her days lost in the woods.

I had the strongest impression that Regina doesn't remember anything. Mr Gold seems to though. I think he played the Queen and her desire for revenge or whatever against her because he knew he would become the puppet master. I\m dying to know what Snow White could have possibly done to make the Queen hate her so much. The only stories I remember she was jealous of her because of her beauty but last night whan the Queen was talking to her Dad it sounded like she was saying Snow White wronged her in some way.
My theory is that the Evil Queen had a thing for(maybe with) Prince Charming before he found Snow White. He's the other love that she lost. I could be completely wrong though, lol, that's half the fun of watching a show like this!
Old 10-31-2011, 08:13 AM   #156
suejai
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizabu View Post
I think since Rumpelstiltskin created the curse he is outside it, and I agree that he is playing the Queen. There was a reason that he was locked up; I think that he is the real bad guy in this show. I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't know what Snow White did to the Queen, I'm going to look up the original story and see if that brings any enlightenment.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:15 AM   #157
lizabu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageDiser View Post
My theory is that the Evil Queen had a thing for(maybe with) Prince Charming before he found Snow White. He's the other love that she lost. I could be completely wrong though, lol, that's half the fun of watching a show like this!
It sounded like that to me too but then I was confused because I always though she was Snow White's step-mother. Maybe she blames Snow for her DH's death? Confused but just love this show
Old 10-31-2011, 08:50 AM   #158
ChattaAlley
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by suejai View Post
I think since Rumpelstiltskin created the curse he is outside it, and I agree that he is playing the Queen. There was a reason that he was locked up; I think that he is the real bad guy in this show. I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't know what Snow White did to the Queen, I'm going to look up the original story and see if that brings any enlightenment.
I thought the reason the Evil Queen hated Snow was because the mirror told her that Snow was the fairest of them all NOT her - EQ was jealous by her beauty. I could be wrong as to the real reason EQ hated Snow.

With a little bit of PixieDust anything is possible . . .

Last edited by ChattaAlley; 10-31-2011 at 08:56 AM.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:52 AM   #159
brookmey
I may live in the south, but I bleed maize and blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candlz View Post
I was also wondering how real Emma's power of knowing when people were lying was. We (hubby and I) assumed she decided to stay in Storybrooke because she knew the Mayor was lying when she said she loved Henry. I wonder if Henry has similar powers - like knowing what people are feeling (he knew Emma liked him an that the other characters didn't remember who they were). I am also dying to know who his dad is... since all we learned last night was that he had one, lol.

I think that Mr Gold knows who he was - I think that before the curse took effect, the queen went to see Rumpelstiltskin and he made a deal with her. I suspect it was similar to the deal he made with Snow White. The deal with Snow White was - I will tell you what you want to know, if you tell me the baby's name. I bet he told the queen Emma would be her downfall in return for allowing him to 'own' the town and keep his memory. In the fairy tale, he was in prison, but in Storybrooke he is the richest man in town. It is in his best interest to keep Emma down.

I am wondering what 'power' he will have over her - by knowing her name...
Bolded part, you were dead on! That's just what happened!

I loved last night's episode. It was fun to see the Evil Queen and Maleficent duke it out over the curse. I also liked the idea that the villains were trading curses to get back at Sleeping Beauty and Snow White. I like all the references to different fairy tale characters and how the show puts a little spin on them or allows us to see the backstory to the fairy tales.

I am very curious to know what Snow White did that made the Evil Queen so vengeful. DH pointed out that the Evil Queen must really be off her rails if Maleficent was the voice of reason regarding the curse. Maleficent looked tame compared to the Evil Queen!

I also loved the exchange at the end between Regina and Mr. Gold. Their conversation was so cryptic, but yet it did seem like Mr. Gold knew way more than Regina did. It'll be interesting to find out how much he really does know and if he remembers his fairy tale life.

And 1 more thing, I am really enjoying the flashbacks! That was one of the things I liked the most about Lost, learning each character's backstory and how that knowledge explained so much about the chararacter and their actions. I'm glad this show is doing the flashbacks as well!
Old 10-31-2011, 09:10 AM   #160
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmom0f3 View Post
Oh no!! I forgot it was on tonight! Is there anywhere to watch it online?
I had a different problem. We lost power thanks to the Nor'Easter that hit our area. There were a number of Sunday shows that didn't record. I wonder there will be a replay of this episode. The networks do that sometimes for new shows they are trying to push.

Old 10-31-2011, 10:00 AM   #161
keenercam
Wishes she were Mickey's girl
Would settle for looking like Tinkerbell instead of Winnie the Pooh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid02 View Post
I'm not sure she remembers.... I think Mr. Gold does.... but she seemed to have "flickers" of deja vu or something.... but not really "remember".
Didn't Regina say something to Mr. Gold about how she's not making any more deals with him? I think he said something about having essentially procured Henry for her. I thought it was odd because it seemed like she knew she'd made at least one prior deal with him but didn't push on what those deals were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageDiser View Post
I think she said Snow cost her the man she loved and she couldn't bear living a day without Snow having to pay for that. But I don't think it was Prince Charming. I think next week we will see Snow's backstory and how she and Prince Charming first met.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:30 AM   #162
teetee830
"If you can dream it you can do it."~Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hootiss View Post
Absolutely love seeing all the Fairy Tale characters, but I feel I need a refresher course. My son kept asking "who is that".....I am starting to think I might have read to many Dr. Seuss books to him not fairy tales. He had no idea who Rumpelstiltskin was lol.
This is a really good point I don't think I've read any Fairy Tales to my DS. I need to pick up a book I think. Anyone know any good ones?

Old 10-31-2011, 11:23 AM   #163
harleyquinn
Wishes she could take photos of the castle as well as the photos DALE (of Chip & Dale) takes.
I wanted to regale you all with tales of my DH's saggy greyies

The way Regina actually read through the book made me think she doesn't remember, and the way she looked at Mr Gold after he said please. If she remembered I would think she would have looked plain old angry, but she looked more confused and frustrated.

I think he's going to turn out to be the real bad guy and Regina may be redeemed before too long. Though killing her father was quite nuts. They just seem to be giving her a lot of moments where you actually feel sorry for her and they don't typically do that with bad guys. I also wouldn't be surprised if it is Prince Charming that she is in love with, but it sounded to me like her lover was dead.

I read that Mr. Widmore from Lost is going to be playing Prince Charming's dad. (I hope no one thinks of that as a spoiler.)

I also loved the Sheriff's line about the Dr.'s conscience getting the better of him.

I loved Maleficent's crown/hat.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:23 PM   #164
sm4987
What us women do to be beautiful!
I did it one time and I swore never again
homing spider droid

I'm going to join in! Love love this show. While the men in my life don't watch my daughter who is 12 and I are loving it. I enjoy having a show that she and I can watch together without having to worry about its content.

That being said I need to go find my fairy tale books. I think just be missing some details on some of these stories. I had to read so many for my children's lit class in college, but my memory of some of these characters is vague!
Old 10-31-2011, 01:31 PM   #165
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

This show is growing on me (I'm not a G. Goodwin fan...)!!

One question: who is the Sheriff supposed to be in the fantasy world?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: