Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 08:33 PM   #1546
ICF
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmom0f3 View Post
So the Flower guy was Belles daddy, and Rumple beat him up. Hearing what he said when he was beating him, I think it was more for what he thought he did to Belle than for stealing the cup. So this proves that Mr. Gold knows who he is too right
Not to mention the fact that he knew his name when Regina asked him.
Old 02-13-2012, 08:40 PM   #1547
Riverhill
DIS Veteran

When Rumple mentioned his son he said he "lost" him the same way he lost his mother. But in a previous episode it was brought up the Rumple wife left him because he was a coward. Perhaps his son also ran away from him.

Last edited by Riverhill; 02-13-2012 at 08:41 PM. Reason: sp
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2012, 10:13 PM   #1548
BKMETV
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Princess View Post
Seriously! I was hoping I wouldn't have to think as hard about this show as LOST, or do a bunch of outside reading. Speaking of which, did anybody catch the title of the book MM and David are reading? I didn't catch it during the broadcast, and the tv the TiVo is hooked up to has a small screen and the image isn't sharp enough for me to read it. Grrr.
I haven't gone back to recheck but I thought he was reading Anna Karenina.

- Me - DH - DS 14 - DD 12

Old 02-13-2012, 10:37 PM   #1549
2BigKIdz
Is it still winter!?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andtototoo View Post
Because the cup is symbol of his relationship with Belle.

I don't think it's his son because when she chipped it, she expected him to go nuts, but he shrugged and said it was just a cup.

He truly seemed not to care. He demonstrated violent anger with her, so if she'd truly broken his son, I can't imagine he would have shrugged it off the way he did.

In the wake of the kiss, he was violent, smashing everything but the one pot and the cup-- which was a tip of the hat to the Disney version. But I think he was sentimental about the cup because it was a symbol of Belle.
This is my feeling as well.

Did anyone else notice the name of the pharmacy, Dark Star? I googled thinking it may have been a Lost reference, I gave up the show around the 3rd season so didn't know if it came from later but it said it is a reference to the Grateful Dead song.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:36 AM   #1550
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Location: With Cinderella's mice making a new dress for Belle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKMETV View Post
I haven't gone back to recheck but I thought he was reading Anna Karenina.
Thank you!!! I thought that might be it because while I couldn't clearly read the author's name it kinda looked like Leo Tolstoy. For some reason though the title just didn't "read" as Anna Karenina, but it clearly wasn't War and Peace either. Beyond that I know no other Tolstoy. (sad really) I was going to go on Amazon and see if there was a Tolstoy novel that had a similar cover. Actually, now that I think about it, that is the sad part.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:40 AM   #1551
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverhill View Post
When Rumple mentioned his son he said he "lost" him the same way he lost his mother. But in a previous episode it was brought up the Rumple wife left him because he was a coward. Perhaps his son also ran away from him.
I think he did. Unfortunately the TiVo did not work that night, so I don't have that episode, but as I recall his son ran away from him after Rumple kissed that soldier's boot and found out his father had lied to him about his mother.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:57 AM   #1552
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverhill View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixie Princess View Post
I think he did. Unfortunately the TiVo did not work that night, so I don't have that episode, but as I recall his son ran away from him after Rumple kissed that soldier's boot and found out his father had lied to him about his mother.
I think you are both right. I think the boy was scared of his dad when he turned into this evil person. Same for the wife. He gave everything he loved up so that he could no longer be called a coward. I don't think they have been killed, but I could be wrong.

This was funny to me because of what Belle said in the last episode. She called him a coward for not believing that someone could love him, or something like that. In other words, he would regret letting her go for the rest of his life. I think that's true too, since he has charished "Chip" for all of this time.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:58 AM   #1553
EMom
Comes from a long line of all fork hole pokers
I had the auburn haired Chrissy doll whose hair grew. She lost most of it in an incense fire. Don't ask

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioStateBuckeye View Post
Noticed a few funny references.

When Rumple is yelling into the mirror, the tapestry that is reflected has a unicorn lying inside a fence. That tapestry is in Harry Potter (its actually in the queue for WWOHP at Universal).

Also the flower van is named Game of Thorn's (Game of Thrones)

And finally when the EQ is confronting Rumple at the end, isn't that MIckey's sorcerer hat behind the EQ?

Geez, this whole show is an easter egg.
I am pretty sure that tapestry is The Lady and the Unicorn from The Cluny Museum in Paris. Well......not the REAL one....
Old 02-14-2012, 01:38 AM   #1554
Pixie Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesmurfs View Post
I've been finding David wimpier and wimpier -- Hope next week finds his lost testosterone.
As annoying as David is, he has to be that way. If he were more like PC, he'd leave Katherine and there would be a happy ending for he and Mary Margaret. His wish washiness has served to keep them apart. Doesn't make watching it any easier though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyquinn View Post
You are too funny!! Very interesting on the feud. I wonder if it'll end up be a glass house sort of situation. IF Martin ever finishes GoT, it better be a wonderful ending (which I doubt since it seems like nearly every character is going to die).
In that Kevin Pollak interview I mentioned, Damon said, if his ending was so bad that it causes Martin to change the way he ends GoT, that is pretty cool. He is huge fan of Martin, and after the "feud" died down it dawned on him this guy I've idolized loved my show.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:29 AM   #1555
starwood
This mouse GOT her next cruise
I won't even tell my DH what I'm doing. He already thinks I'm nuts

It looks like next week is the Lady in the Lake. Could the sword in Rumples house be Excalibur?

Environmentallity Begins With You
Old 02-14-2012, 08:39 AM   #1556
carrie6466
DIS Veteran

Love this show! Never realized this board was here. I don't manage to get myself this far down the boards much.

Rumplestiltskin's son left when Rumple got his magic powers.

I don't care for David anymore. I really am starting to lose interest in that part of the storyline. It's kind of boring. I was a big David fan when he first woke up, but now? Ehhh

The other character I don't care much for is Ruby. I don't even get why she is there, other than them wanting to call the B & B Granny's.

I thought the coolest thing so far was seeing the Minnie Mouse doll in one of the rooms in Fairytale land.

Is next week Lady of the Lake (my dh thinks so, too) or is it Ariel? I know somewhere in this episode they made mention of a mermaid.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:03 AM   #1557
BDL
DIS Veteran

IMDB has now given the Stanger a name:

"Stranger / August W. Booth"

From what I've been reading on the thread so far, most people think that he is either the Big Bad Wolf or 1 of the Brothers Grimm. Well, I've been looking at the name and nothing is really leaping out at me except his middle initial.

W = Wolf

W = Wilhelm (1 of the Brothers Grimm's first name)

Anyone else got any theories?

Old 02-14-2012, 09:23 AM   #1558
EMom
I had the auburn haired Chrissy doll whose hair grew. She lost most of it in an incense fire. Don't ask

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDL View Post
IMDB has now given the Stanger a name:

"Stranger / August W. Booth"

From what I've been reading on the thread so far, most people think that he is either the Big Bad Wolf or 1 of the Brothers Grimm. Well, I've been looking at the name and nothing is really leaping out at me except his middle initial.

W = Wolf

W = Wilhelm (1 of the Brothers Grimm's first name)

Anyone else got any theories?
I posted a while back that it seemed the Stranger was one of the Brothers Grimm because he was a writer, except there should be two of them. Maybe he is.

I think Ruby's story is still to come.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:32 AM   #1559
EMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMom View Post
I am pretty sure that tapestry is The Lady and the Unicorn from The Cluny Museum in Paris. Well......not the REAL one....
I'm sure if you Google this term (Lady and the Unicorn) you can see the tapestry. It's part of a gorgeous series of tapestries from the 15th century that we saw in The Cluny Museum in Paris. You see reproductions everywhere.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:55 AM   #1560
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!

Does anyone else think the fact that MM and David are both reading Anna Karinina means there's going to be a tragedy regarding that story? Given how Anna ends up, that could be a bit worrying.

Also, at the end, after the EQ told Rumple that Belle was dead, he removed the cup from his cupboard, and took it to a pedestal. He replaced a silver chalice with the cup. Does the chalice have any significance?

2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others ~ The Devil in the White City ~ Gathering Blue ~ Messenger ~ The Bell Jar ~ The Boys in the Boat ~ The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches ~ Son ~ Beach Colors ~ Welcome to Last Chance ~ Last Chance Beauty Queen ~ Last Chance Knit and Stitch ~ The World According to Garp ~ The Bean Trees ~ I'll Be Seeing You ~ The Hours ~ Prodigal Summer ~ The Ocean at the End of the Lane ~ The Light Between Oceans
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: