Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2011, 04:43 AM   #1
Princessbec
Earning My Ears

Bonnet creek tower questions

Hello all,

Just curious whether anyone has advice on which of the towers is best to stay?

We are travelling with 2 young kids (6 and 2) so want to be close to amenities.

A view would also be nice, but probably secondary to location to the best pools, bars, restraunts, etc

Many thanks....
Old 10-24-2011, 10:10 AM   #2
thereallolo
Earning My Ears

Right outside of bldg 6 is the "pirate pool." Kids have to be 42 (if I recall correctly) to use the slide, but the pool itself is zero entry in two separate places and was very nice for the little kids. FYI... it's saltwater.

Right outside of bldg 5 is one of the "lazy river" pools. It's small, but adequate. It also has zero entry, but it is not a very big area to swim. This pool is right next to the bar, so it was more busy during our stay.

Right outside of bldg 4 is what I would consider a normal hotel pool. We never visited it and it was always busy with more adults than children (probably because it was right next to the bar)

Between bldgs 2 and 3 there is a pool with a slide. I am not sure of the age/requirement on this slide. It was a smaller pool, but was still nice. Right next to this pool is a playground and the mini golf is very close.

The largest pool area is right outside the main bldg. It has a zero entry pool that is rather large and also a lazy river. There is also a little kid pool area near this pool.

There is also a pool at the hotel that timeshare guests could use. Bldg 6 is the closest to this pool. Since it was only one day of our stay, I didn't go check it out, so I am not sure if it s zero entry or not.

We liked staying at bldg 6 and having the pirate pool right outside the door. The kids loved it. It was also just a short walk to the grills between bldg 5-6. We like to grill, so that was a big plus for us. All of the other pools were nice as well though. Good luck picking!
thereallolo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2011, 12:45 PM   #3
bonoriffic
DIS Veteran

With a 1 and 3 year we went with Tower 4, and will be requesting the same in a few weeks when we go again. Tower 4 is a short walk to the kids pool, has flat screen TVs if that matters, and has the parking garage right there. As you probably will come back to the room for a nap, having easy covered parking was a plus. No need to remember where you parked on your many trips back and forth, just pull into the garage. As an added bonus, no morning dew covering the car when in the garage.
bonoriffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:48 PM   #4
JimMIA
A little Miami humor...

Location: Miami, Wyndham Great Smoky Mountains, and EVER (Everglades National Park)

A couple of amplifications on the previous post.

I believe the height requirement is 48 inches for both slides -- pretty sure about that, unless they've changed it since May. Both pool slides have lifeguards on duty.

With your kids, I would choose Tower 5 or 4. Tower 5 puts you at the pool with the lazy river, just a short walk over to the Pirate Pool at Tower 6, and right next to Tower 4. There is a pool bar at the Pirate Pool, and also at the "normal" pool described above at Tower 4 (no bar at the Tower 5 pool, but we're talking just a few yards away, not a half-mile). The bar at Tower 4 pool also has occasional live entertainment and some light food (hot dogs, wraps, burghers (?) and maybe wings).

The Tower 5 and 6 pools also have private cabanas, which for $50 per day are a nice amenity for a family -- lounges, fan, TV, refrigerator, etc.

Tower 4 puts you within easy walking distance (even with little kids) of both the Pirate Pool and the big pool at the main building...and also the activities center in the main building.

There are also very nice gas grills and picnic tables between Tower 4 and the main building, and also between Towers 5 & 6.

If you look at the "Official Bonnet Creek photo thread," you'll probably find pictures of most of this stuff.
JimMIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:02 PM   #5
thereallolo
Earning My Ears

Jim, thanks for clarifying the height requirement for the slides. For the life of me, I couldn't remember if it was 48 or 42 and I was just there three weeks ago

Bldg 4 and 5 are nice because they are close to the bar that has live entertainment. We enjoyed having a few drinks, watching some karaoke and being able to keep and eye on the kids at the same time.
thereallolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 08:55 PM   #6
lovemyguys
Mouseketeer

Quick question. Does tower 5 have the flat screen tv's and more modern look to it???? May be spending quite a bit of time at the resort....kids love to swim and even when on property they always want to leave the park to go to the resort pools and swim. So that being said....if we are spending a good amount of time at the resort I would like the more modern looking rooms and the flat screen tvs. TIA!!!
lovemyguys is offline   Reply With Quote