Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2012, 11:04 AM   #106
MichelleVW
I call them "the people that live in my house"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssawka View Post
Has anyone been to Atlantis? I would really like to see it as we have never been. My question is, is it worth doing an excursion or should we just hail a cab?
Everything just seems so expensive there so we've never even thought about it.
Old 09-22-2012, 11:52 AM   #107
pillow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Has anyone been to Atlantis? I would really like to see it as we have never been. My question is, is it worth doing an excursion or should we just hail a cab?
Ship excursion is REALLY expensive. I think its cheaper to hail a cab and purchase a day pass from Atlantis directly. The cheapest option however, is to book a room at Comfort Suites because guests there have full access to Atlantis (its right across the street). Hail a cab to the hotel, check in, and walk over to Atlantis. Cruise critic has more info.
pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2012, 12:45 PM   #108
ssawka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillow View Post
Ship excursion is REALLY expensive. I think its cheaper to hail a cab and purchase a day pass from Atlantis directly. The cheapest option however, is to book a room at Comfort Suites because guests there have full access to Atlantis (its right across the street). Hail a cab to the hotel, check in, and walk over to Atlantis. Cruise critic has more info.
Ok, I am really confused I was looking at the excursion and it says it does not include use of the beach or the water park. Is there a day pass available for that? I'm just trying to decide if the Comfort Suites is the best deal. A room that night is $270.

I am actually thinking about doing the shore excursion. It is only $59 a person. It does not include the beach or water park. I'm thinking it is not worth an extra $100+ (with tax and cab fare) for the water park, especially since we will be at CC the next day.

Please show your support for GKTW!

"A man should never neglect his family for business." -W. Disney

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." -W. Disney

"Adults are only kids grown up..." -W. Disney

(Me) (DD 12)

Last edited by ssawka; 09-22-2012 at 12:51 PM.
ssawka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:27 PM   #109
pillow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ok, I am really confused I was looking at the excursion and it says it does not include use of the beach or the water park. Is there a day pass available for that? I'm just trying to decide if the Comfort Suites is the best deal. A room that night is $270.

I am actually thinking about doing the shore excursion. It is only $59 a person. It does not include the beach or water park. I'm thinking it is not worth an extra $100+ (with tax and cab fare) for the water park, especially since we will be at CC the next day.
There are several Atlantis excursions to choose from - one does include slides/beach etc (you have to click "see all port adventures" at bottom of page to see it). Its called "Atlantis Beach Day and Discover Atlantis." Cost is a budget busting $95/person (ages 10+). Comfort Suites is a better deal IF you want to spend the day doing Atlantis.

I would kinda like to see Atlantis too, but I don't feel like spending the money for the full experience. We might hop a cab over and just walk around. I've become somewhat "anti-excursion" after a few cruises - seems like those prices are so jacked up, and its almost just as easy to hop a cab on your own and then you're not tied to someone else's schedule. But thats just me - I'm cheap!

Jodie
Old 09-22-2012, 01:43 PM   #110
pillow
DIS Veteran

Quote:

You might be able to purchase the "discover atlantis" tour directly from the resort if you want to save a few dollars.

http://gocaribbean.about.com/od/tour...itAtlantis.htm

Jodie
Old 09-22-2012, 02:05 PM   #111
ssawka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
There are several Atlantis excursions to choose from - one does include slides/beach etc (you have to click "see all port adventures" at bottom of page to see it). Its called "Atlantis Beach Day and Discover Atlantis." Cost is a budget busting $95/person (ages 10+). Comfort Suites is a better deal IF you want to spend the day doing Atlantis.

I would kinda like to see Atlantis too, but I don't feel like spending the money for the full experience. We might hop a cab over and just walk around. I've become somewhat "anti-excursion" after a few cruises - seems like those prices are so jacked up, and its almost just as easy to hop a cab on your own and then you're not tied to someone else's schedule. But thats just me - I'm cheap!

Jodie
Quote:
You might be able to purchase the "discover atlantis" tour directly from the resort if you want to save a few dollars.

http://gocaribbean.about.com/od/tour...itAtlantis.htm

Jodie
Thank you for the link!

Actually, I don't think the Comfort Suites is a better deal for us. There is only 3 of us, so the excursion would be $285. A room at the Comfort Suites with our AAA discount would be $270 + tax. Adding in the price of the cab will put us over the $285 price. I could see that it would be a better deal if you had more people in your party. Although the excursion also does not include the added adventure of a Bahamian taxi ride!

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." -W. Disney

(Me) (DD 12)

Old 09-22-2012, 02:35 PM   #112
pillow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you for the link!

Actually, I don't think the Comfort Suites is a better deal for us. There is only 3 of us, so the excursion would be $285. A room at the Comfort Suites with our AAA discount would be $270 + tax. Adding in the price of the cab will put us over the $285 price. I could see that it would be a better deal if you had more people in your party. Although the excursion also does not include the added adventure of a Bahamian taxi ride!

Sorry! Now I'm confused and confusing you as well. The $95 excursion DOES NOT include the water park. DCL charges $169 per person for that one. Comfort Suites is a deal based on that price! I think we may just walk to the beach for the day . . .

Jodie
Old 09-22-2012, 07:53 PM   #113
ssawka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sorry! Now I'm confused and confusing you as well. The $95 excursion DOES NOT include the water park. DCL charges $169 per person for that one. Comfort Suites is a deal based on that price! I think we may just walk to the beach for the day . . .

Jodie

Yes, I think we may either do the tour only through Disney or go on our own for the tour. I'll need to think about that one! As for the beach and the water park, I'm not really sure it is worth it considering we will be at CC the next day. I think one way or the other though, we will go to Atlantis. Quite frankly, nothing else in the Bahamas interests us.

Both DW and I have been there before (separately). It's a "been there, done that thing for us." Besides, we honeymooned in Barbados and the Bahamas don't even come close to Barbados as a desirable destination.

(Me) (DD 12)

Old 09-23-2012, 03:46 PM   #114
Dave Dizney
Super-Duper organized Ultimate Disney Fan!
And Travel Channel Television Star!
Possibly a hitchhiking ghost...

HAPPY 100 days!!!!
Dave Dizney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:44 PM   #115
MichelleVW
I call them "the people that live in my house"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Dizney View Post
HAPPY 100 days!!!!
Old 09-27-2012, 11:15 AM   #116
Vertigo127
Mouseketeer

Under 100 days!

I am really excited that we are at this mark!!!

Just to update more of our info- it is our first Disney Cruise, we would like to do the fish extender (although messaging JRSteele won't work for me yet), and we are in staterooms 7673&7675 (aka party 7th level!).

Is anyone else planning on running/walking the CC 5K??? I have never done a 5K before, but have always said I would only do it if there was an alcoholic beverage and beach at the end so this is my chance!
Vertigo127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:32 AM   #117
ssawka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertigo127 View Post

Just to update more of our info- it is our first Disney Cruise, we would like to do the fish extender (although messaging JRSteele won't work for me yet), and we are in staterooms 7673&7675 (aka party 7th level!).

Is anyone else planning on running/walking the CC 5K??? I have never done a 5K before, but have always said I would only do it if there was an alcoholic beverage and beach at the end so this is my chance!
I'm trying to get DW to run the 5K. She's been doing local 5Ks, so I thought that would be fun for her. I can't really run them due to health issues.

(Me) (DD 12)

Old 09-27-2012, 09:27 PM   #118
Dave Dizney

This is our first Disney cruise, too!

No run for my DW or myself - we'll log enough stairs from what we understand!

Quote:

Old 09-27-2012, 09:59 PM   #119
Vertigo127
Mouseketeer

Just looking for a way to justify all of the eating I will be doing

I am also wondering if snorkeling at CC will really be doable???
Vertigo127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:03 PM   #120
Dave Dizney

Quote:
Just looking for a way to justify all of the eating I will be doing

I am also wondering if snorkeling at CC will really be doable???
I've asked around on the boards about that - seems the water will be a little chilly. The Mrs. and I have been looking at 2.5 "shortie" wetsuits. Might be worth the investment.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: