Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2012, 07:52 AM   #31
pillow
DIS Veteran

We are officially booked on this cruise! We had to cancel our Dec 15th 7 night Fantasy trip because the kids' school schedule didn't coincide. I'm beyond sad because I had accidentally booked one of the ENORMOUS balconies (room 5650) + the trip was cheap. Oh well - had to do it because my high schooler didn't want to miss exams. So, here we are. Just glad we're doing SOMETHING. Our last DCL cruise was Nov '09, so I'm more than ready. Just waiting for Air Tran to release flights so we can decide whether to drive or fly.

It will be myself, hubbie, daughter (12), son (15). I've also booked my 90 year old grandmother in the cabin next to us, but I haven't told her yet. She will be thrilled!

Jodie
pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:55 AM   #32
pillow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleVW View Post
So...I just checked airfare and it's $600 cheaper to fly back on Wednesday after the cruise rather than Sunday....so.....do I tag on a few extra days at Disney???? I was thinking about going in May...but this would save on airfare.....
Yes - do it! Your weather might not be great for the pool, but hotel rates are much cheaper then. Plus, its not crowded. Sounds perfect! Or go to Universal Studios for the extra days and come back to Disney in May.

Jodie
pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-16-2012, 08:56 AM   #33
MichelleVW
I call them "the people that live in my house"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillow View Post
Yes - do it! Your weather might not be great for the pool, but hotel rates are much cheaper then. Plus, its not crowded. Sounds perfect! Or go to Universal Studios for the extra days and come back to Disney in May.

Jodie
I just can't decide!!
Old 05-24-2012, 01:51 PM   #34
Dave Dizney
Super-Duper organized Ultimate Disney Fan!
And Travel Channel Television Star!
Possibly a hitchhiking ghost...

We're on board

Booking tomorrow for this cruise! Surprise to my wife for an anniversary. My daughter will be ending her Disney College Program around this same time - but she's staying ashore for this one!

Can't wait to meet some of you!
Dave Dizney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:55 AM   #35
Dave Dizney

Booked and ready

We're booked in room 7650 - Looking forward to a GREAT cruise!
Old 06-12-2012, 05:52 PM   #36
wheelcap
Gee Mom, I wanna go "HOME"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Dizney View Post
We're booked in room 7650 - Looking forward to a GREAT cruise!
You'll be right down the hall from us - we're in 7582!!
Old 06-12-2012, 07:29 PM   #37
Dave Dizney

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelcap View Post
You'll be right down the hall from us - we're in 7582!!
Cool! We'll try and keep the noise down in the aft section!
Old 06-12-2012, 07:45 PM   #38
MichelleVW

Same Floor...but we're in 7501 as far Forward as you can go!!
Old 06-12-2012, 09:33 PM   #39
Dave Dizney

Quote:
Same Floor...but we're in 7501 as far Forward as you can go!!
Sounds like the 7th floor is where the action is on this cruise!
Old 06-15-2012, 07:28 AM   #40
MichelleVW

Trying to figure out what the plan is on where to stay the night before, how to get to the port, and where to stay after the cruise! I wouldn't mind staying at Disney the day before the cruise, but with it being a holiday I think the rates will be high, plus it's late notice to be booking a holiday I think. (but maybe I should put in a quote just to see?) I like to get to the port around noonish so being there first thing really isn't that important to me.

Then...I can't decide if I want to rent a condo (we are off site people usually) or stay on property for those 3 nights after the cruise. We don't usually stay on property and it will just be me and my girls so it might be fun this time...but I also think that after 4 nights in the same small room it might be nice to have a condo (which is cheaper) with room to spread out and have a washer and dryer to throw in laundry.

If we stay on property on the way back I don't think we will rent a car...but how quick can the buses get us back to the resort/park area since we really want to get a full day at the parks on Sunday??

Decisions Decisions??
Old 06-15-2012, 02:35 PM   #41
Dave Dizney

Quote:
Trying to figure out what the plan is on where to stay the night before, how to get to the port, and where to stay after the cruise! I wouldn't mind staying at Disney the day before the cruise, but with it being a holiday I think the rates will be high, plus it's late notice to be booking a holiday I think. (but maybe I should put in a quote just to see?) I like to get to the port around noonish so being there first thing really isn't that important to me.

Then...I can't decide if I want to rent a condo (we are off site people usually) or stay on property for those 3 nights after the cruise. We don't usually stay on property and it will just be me and my girls so it might be fun this time...but I also think that after 4 nights in the same small room it might be nice to have a condo (which is cheaper) with room to spread out and have a washer and dryer to throw in laundry.

If we stay on property on the way back I don't think we will rent a car...but how quick can the buses get us back to the resort/park area since we really want to get a full day at the parks on Sunday??

Decisions Decisions??
We're in the same boat (figuratively & literally).

We’ve stayed at DW during Christmas, and high-tailed it out before New Year’s before. I checked the prices at the Poly just for giggles, and the couple of days before the cruise it’s $655 a night w/Garden view (OUCH)! So much for that plan. After the cruise, the price goes to $475 per night, still not low season, but not bad.

The one new element that’s causing us to hold off even more is that our daughter will be in the Disney College Internship, so we won’t need park passes, but we don’t know yet if there’re any perks for staying on-site. So along with that comes the entire transportation issue. We’ve never had a problem with the DME transportation when doing the parks – and the few times we’ve stayed off-site, we never had a problem with renting a car. We’ve also done the town-car services in the “olden days” before the DME – but for just the two of us, it’s not cost-saving.

Doing a cruise has me re-evaluating everything now. Not sure if we’ll rent a car in order to get to the ship earlier than the buses, but then there’s the whole renting one-way, checking in and out, and cost including gas & tolls. I think if we end up staying onsite, we’ll forgo the hassle and ride the DCL bus.

Hey – HAPPY 200 DAYS TODAY!!!!
Old 06-15-2012, 07:54 PM   #42
MichelleVW

Quote:

We’ve stayed at DW during Christmas, and high-tailed it out before New Year’s before. I checked the prices at the Poly just for giggles, and the couple of days before the cruise it’s $655 a night w/Garden view (OUCH)! So much for that plan. After the cruise, the price goes to $475 per night, still not low season, but not bad.

The one new element that’s causing us to hold off even more is that our daughter will be in the Disney College Internship, so we won’t need park passes, but we don’t know yet if there’re any perks for staying on-site. So along with that comes the entire transportation issue. We’ve never had a problem with the DME transportation when doing the parks – and the few times we’ve stayed off-site, we never had a problem with renting a car. We’ve also done the town-car services in the “olden days” before the DME – but for just the two of us, it’s not cost-saving.

Doing a cruise has me re-evaluating everything now. Not sure if we’ll rent a car in order to get to the ship earlier than the buses, but then there’s the whole renting one-way, checking in and out, and cost including gas & tolls. I think if we end up staying onsite, we’ll forgo the hassle and ride the DCL bus.

$200 plus for a value!! I need to do some other math options and come up with something. I've already tentatively reserved a car for the trip back since we're staying a few days after the cruise and will probably stay off site so we can spread out.

I just can't see paying $200 for a value!!
Old 06-15-2012, 08:01 PM   #43
ssawka
DIS Veteran

Quote:

And the price of cars that week is outrageous. I reserved a car for something like $320 for a week, but if I were to reserve now it would be like $650. Haven't decided if we are going to keep the car though. I originally booked it because we were hoping for a reservation at AKL (we are DVC members) for a few nights before the cruise, but we could not get a reservation at AKL. Instead it looks like we will be staying at BLT.

Please show your support for GKTW!

"A man should never neglect his family for business." -W. Disney

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." -W. Disney

"Adults are only kids grown up..." -W. Disney

(Me) (DD 12)

ssawka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 06:32 PM   #44
Dizbabe
Earning My Ears

Smile Surprised!!!!

Quote:
Booking tomorrow for this cruise! Surprise to my wife for an anniversary. My daughter will be ending her Disney College Program around this same time - but she's staying ashore for this one!

Can't wait to meet some of you!
So EXCITED!!! I can't believe we are finally going on our cruise!!! What a huge anniversary surprise!!! My husband is the greatest! Can't wait to spend time with him on the cruise we have talked about for a long time now! Hooray!!
Dizbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:35 AM   #45
MichelleVW

Been pricing flights and I know people gripe about Spirit, but their flights are SO MUCH cheaper...(even with the additional fees) and I like the scheduled times of the flights.....I'll feel better once I just bite the bullet and make a decision Lol!

I'm researching beach front hotels in Cocoa Beach right now. We're going to stay on the beach the night before and just relax in the morning and get to the port around noon so we don't have to wait in the crowded terminal. Plus, I don't like walking around the ship with my carry on bags, so we like to wait to board until closer to the time when our room is ready.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: