Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2013, 11:06 AM   #391
pillow
DIS Veteran

I think I have a problem . . . I keep pulling up our next cruise reservation and just stare at it lovingly.

Then I pull up the Port Canaveral webcam and gaze at the blue water . . .

Reality stinks!

Jodie
pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:11 PM   #392
MichelleVW
I call them "the people that live in my house"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertigo127 View Post
Good theory... not sure. My motion sick child and I took bonine and wore the sea bands and did not suffer (thank God), but all of my family had some post cruise rocking!
As an aside, my 9 year old knew we were taking medicine to prevent motion sickness and asked on the 3rd night if we needed to start taking the anti-diarrheal medicine that we had packed "so we didn't get any of that either!" - lol.
Saw that someone on our boat developed influenza shortly after disembarking- hope everyone is staying healthy!
Lol on the diarrhea question! I saw that someone had gotten the flu on our ship!! The flu is going around my work and a ton of the kids/staff has confirmed cases, so hopefully I missed it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Dizney View Post
Two interesting items related to this. On the way out of Port Canaveral, a police boat came and either took someone off or put someone on the ship. Also, did you see the medical helicopter land on Castaway Cay? I wonder what that was about?
What time did the helicopter land? We were at the adult beach from about 9:30-2ish and didn't see it.

Quote:
We saw the police boat, but did not notice a transfer of persons! The captain addressed overhead that there had been a medical evacuation from CC and the "gentleman" was stable in the ER in Nassau... I hope all turned out well! We saw the hospital in Nassau on our journey down Queen's staircase... I probably took more note of this than others- LOL.
Captain Gusse did thank the coast guard for their great service and apologized if anyone was inconvenienced by the sand being disturbed by the helicopter--- SERIOUSLY???!!!???
wow...I never heard anything about the helicopter. I did see the hospital though...we went to the Queen's staircase and fort too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingfandj View Post
I've had a terriible case of land-sickness. Any idea how long it will last?

I saw the other message about the flu. DD had a stomach bug Friday after school, but seemed to pass after sleeping for 16 hrs.
My land sickness lasted until maybe Monday night.
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2013, 02:43 PM   #393
Vertigo127
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillow
I think I have a problem . . . I keep pulling up our next cruise reservation and just stare at it lovingly.

Then I pull up the Port Canaveral webcam and gaze at the blue water . . .

Reality stinks!

Jodie
You are cracking me up!
This is why I went ahead and rebooked on board.... that "to be continued..." feeling to fight the PDD...
Vertigo127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:03 PM   #394
jsteele
Earning My Ears

Mystery a bit solved....

Okay. That answers some of my questions....

My youngest and I went back to the boat around 1 and went up to play Mini Golf. Okay, we played mini golf 2 or 3 times each day.....

Anyway, while going up there, I saw the Coast Guard Helicopter land at the forward side of the boat on the concrete. We heard it land and wondered. I watched "okay, I am a stalker" about 20 people go out the same gangway we did to embark on CC and go to the right and load on the helicopter. The patient was seated up right on a gurney. They were not doing emergency things and he had oxygen. I assumed a heart attack that got revived but sent for safety....

I wondered where they would go from CC and now I know the answer. So relieved to hear he was in stable condition.

Our household is influenza free, my mom did suffer an infection aftewards but that can't be from the flu.

Also, my DD's friend boarded on the Sunday we left and looking at her pictures..... there were a lot of cloudy events for her......

Again, can we go back? Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleVW View Post
Lol on the diarrhea question! I saw that someone had gotten the flu on our ship!! The flu is going around my work and a ton of the kids/staff has confirmed cases, so hopefully I missed it!

What time did the helicopter land? We were at the adult beach from about 9:30-2ish and didn't see it.

wow...I never heard anything about the helicopter. I did see the hospital though...we went to the Queen's staircase and fort too!

My land sickness lasted until maybe Monday night.
jsteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:58 PM   #395
pillow
DIS Veteran

Weather . . .

. . . here at home in Richmond is about 45 and raining.

Port Canaveral is 75 and sunny.

Did I mention that reality stinks???

Jodie
pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 05:24 PM   #396
Vertigo127
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillow
. . . here at home in Richmond is about 45 and raining.

Port Canaveral is 75 and sunny.

Did I mention that reality stinks???

Jodie
Yes...yes it does! About 15 degrees here...
Vertigo127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:26 PM   #397
Dave Dizney
Super-Duper organized Ultimate Disney Fan!
And Travel Channel Television Star!
Possibly a hitchhiking ghost...

Quote:
Yes...yes it does! About 15 degrees here...
And most days have been grey and depressing!
Dave Dizney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:27 AM   #398
MichelleVW

Just cured a little bit of my PDD!! Booked my first DVC vacation!!! We're booked at Saratoga Springs but in a few months I'm going to see if I can switch it to Animal Kingdom since we love it there.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:43 AM   #399
Dave Dizney
Super-Duper organized Ultimate Disney Fan!
And Travel Channel Television Star!
Possibly a hitchhiking ghost...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleVW View Post
Just cured a little bit of my PDD!! Booked my first DVC vacation!!! We're booked at Saratoga Springs but in a few months I'm going to see if I can switch it to Animal Kingdom since we love it there.
Nice! We love the AKL, too!

I had to withhold our on-board booking - we have some "domestic" issues that need tending to, which include a new roof, updating the deck, and some new floors. Sigh. I'd rather sink that into a 7-day.
Dave Dizney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:55 AM   #400
MichelleVW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Dizney View Post
Nice! We love the AKL, too!

I had to withhold our on-board booking - we have some "domestic" issues that need tending to, which include a new roof, updating the deck, and some new floors. Sigh. I'd rather sink that into a 7-day.
We have a 4 day on the Wonder booked for Feb 2014 out of Miami. Not sure if we will go on that one or change it. DH is wishy washy on cruising and when I booked it he said it sounded good...and yesterday he was thinking he didn't want to do it, but for now I will just keep quiet about the cruise because I know in a few months he'll change his mind again.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: