Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2012, 12:15 AM   #136
ssawka
DIS Veteran

Just booked our activities! I was able to get both a Palo Brunch reservation and our Atlantis excursion.

To the PP that was asking about the Cabanas on CC. Sorry, the website shows them all as sold out.

Please show your support for GKTW!

"A man should never neglect his family for business." -W. Disney

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." -W. Disney

"Adults are only kids grown up..." -W. Disney

(Me) (DD 12)

ssawka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:24 AM   #137
pillow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssawka View Post
Just booked our activities! I was able to get both a Palo Brunch reservation and our Atlantis excursion.

To the PP that was asking about the Cabanas on CC. Sorry, the website shows them all as sold out.
Darn platinum and golds!
pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 06:23 AM   #138
ssawka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillow View Post
Darn platinum and golds!
I guess you'll just have to go on more cruises!

Actually, I think it is great that DCL rewards guests for loyalty. It would be nice if WDW had a loyalty program.

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." -W. Disney

(Me) (DD 12)

Old 10-04-2012, 07:57 AM   #139
pillow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I guess you'll just have to go on more cruises!

Actually, I think it is great that DCL rewards guests for loyalty. It would be nice if WDW had a loyalty program.
I know - I agree - just really wanted one of those cabanas . . . We'll be Gold after this cruise, so maybe we'll have more luck next time!
Old 10-04-2012, 08:50 AM   #140
MichelleVW
I call them "the people that live in my house"

Anyone know how much drinks are on board? (approximate). I'm trying to figure out funds for the trip. We're not doing any excursions and we're not big on souvenirs so honestly our only expenses will be tips and drinks Lol. I figure I will be paying for at least 6 drinks a day between me and my 21 year old, oh and my morning coffee at the coffee shop (can't remember the name).
Old 10-04-2012, 08:57 AM   #141
ssawka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleVW View Post
Anyone know how much drinks are on board? (approximate). I'm trying to figure out funds for the trip. We're not doing any excursions and we're not big on souvenirs so honestly our only expenses will be tips and drinks Lol. I figure I will be paying for at least 6 drinks a day between me and my 21 year old, oh and my morning coffee at the coffee shop (can't remember the name).
I think drinks are the typical $6-$8. However, they usually have a "Drink of the Day" for $4. At least that's what it was on the Wonder last year. I haven't been on any other DCL cruises, so I'm not sure if the Dream is any different.

(Me) (DD 12)

Old 10-04-2012, 08:59 AM   #142
pillow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We are not HUGE drinkers. We usually have a glass of wine w/ dinner and a drink during the day. Maybe one during the show??? Our bill is always higher than I think it will be. I just read online where the "drink of the day" costs $4.54. This thread is older, but it might help . . .

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1090180

Jodie
Old 10-04-2012, 09:58 AM   #143
MichelleVW
I call them "the people that live in my house"

Quote:
I think drinks are the typical $6-$8. However, they usually have a "Drink of the Day" for $4. At least that's what it was on the Wonder last year. I haven't been on any other DCL cruises, so I'm not sure if the Dream is any different.
Quote:
We are not HUGE drinkers. We usually have a glass of wine w/ dinner and a drink during the day. Maybe one during the show??? Our bill is always higher than I think it will be. I just read online where the "drink of the day" costs $4.54. This thread is older, but it might help . . .

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1090180

Jodie
I'm figuring $60 a day on alcohol which I really don't think it will be that much. I figure one drink during the day, one after the show and before dinner (usually go to the sports bar for trivia before dinner) and one during dinner).

I just did the math for how much I plan on spending on the cruise and at Disney afterwards and with the money I have in my vacation fund, Disney reward dollars and Discover cash back, I will have more than enough to cover the whole trip!
Old 10-04-2012, 11:34 AM   #144
ssawka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm figuring $60 a day on alcohol which I really don't think it will be that much. I figure one drink during the day, one after the show and before dinner (usually go to the sports bar for trivia before dinner) and one during dinner).

I just did the math for how much I plan on spending on the cruise and at Disney afterwards and with the money I have in my vacation fund, Disney reward dollars and Discover cash back, I will have more than enough to cover the whole trip!
We are planning on picking up some pre-made cocktails at the Liquor store by WDW. We are not huge "bar people", but we do like drinks during the day.

Also, if they offer the mixology class on this cruise, I highly recommend signing up for it. You have to make your own drinks, but it is essentially as much as you want for an hour for $15.

(Me) (DD 12)

Old 10-04-2012, 03:29 PM   #145
pillow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Also, if they offer the mixology class on this cruise, I highly recommend signing up for it. You have to make your own drinks, but it is essentially as much as you want for an hour for $15.
Me after mixology . . .
Old 10-04-2012, 03:42 PM   #146
ssawka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Me after mixology . . .
I know! On our last cruise, that was the best $15 I spent. I was good for the whole evening after that.

(Me) (DD 12)

Old 10-04-2012, 10:56 PM   #147
Vertigo127
Mouseketeer

So.... which night of this cruise is Pirate night, and who is going to be dressing up for it???
Also...
Does the 4 night have a formal evening?
Vertigo127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:22 PM   #148
MrsColes
Earning My Ears

7 of us will be cruising!

Girls ages 3 and 6
3 Grand-parents in their 70's
Parents

I heard something about a secret santa...anyone interested? Anyone have children the same age?

The countdown is on!!!
MrsColes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:50 PM   #149
Dave Dizney
Super-Duper organized Ultimate Disney Fan!
And Travel Channel Television Star!
Possibly a hitchhiking ghost...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertigo127 View Post
So.... which night of this cruise is Pirate night, and who is going to be dressing up for it???
Also...
Does the 4 night have a formal evening?
Hey Vertigo - we're dressing up for Pirates night. It's a great time of year to get costumes - lots of pirate costumes at local Halloween shops! I've seen a number of photos of people dressing up - it should be a fun night!

From what I've seen, I believe it's the last night - after we pull away from Castaway Cay? Anyone else confirm that?
Dave Dizney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:55 PM   #150
Dave Dizney
Super-Duper organized Ultimate Disney Fan!
And Travel Channel Television Star!
Possibly a hitchhiking ghost...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsColes View Post
Girls ages 3 and 6
3 Grand-parents in their 70's
Parents

I heard something about a secret santa...anyone interested? Anyone have children the same age?

The countdown is on!!!
Welcome, MrsColes! You've joined the party already already progress!

Jsteele is leading the Fish Extender participation on our trip - is that what you mean by "secret santa (since we're post-Christmas)?"
Dave Dizney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: