Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 12:15 AM   #136
ssawka
DIS Veteran
 
ssawka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 3,428

Just booked our activities! I was able to get both a Palo Brunch reservation and our Atlantis excursion.

To the PP that was asking about the Cabanas on CC. Sorry, the website shows them all as sold out.
__________________

Please show your support for GKTW!


"A man should never neglect his family for business." -W. Disney

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." -W. Disney

"Adults are only kids grown up..." -W. Disney

(Me) (DD 12)

ssawka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:24 AM   #137
pillow
DIS Veteran
 
pillow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,164

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssawka View Post
Just booked our activities! I was able to get both a Palo Brunch reservation and our Atlantis excursion.

To the PP that was asking about the Cabanas on CC. Sorry, the website shows them all as sold out.
Darn platinum and golds!
pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-04-2012, 06:23 AM   #138
ssawka
DIS Veteran
 
ssawka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 3,428

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillow View Post
Darn platinum and golds!
I guess you'll just have to go on more cruises!

Actually, I think it is great that DCL rewards guests for loyalty. It would be nice if WDW had a loyalty program.
__________________

Please show your support for GKTW!


"A man should never neglect his family for business." -W. Disney

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." -W. Disney

"Adults are only kids grown up..." -W. Disney

(Me) (DD 12)

ssawka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:57 AM   #139
pillow
DIS Veteran
 
pillow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,164

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssawka View Post
I guess you'll just have to go on more cruises!

Actually, I think it is great that DCL rewards guests for loyalty. It would be nice if WDW had a loyalty program.
I know - I agree - just really wanted one of those cabanas . . . We'll be Gold after this cruise, so maybe we'll have more luck next time!
pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:50 AM   #140
MichelleVW
I call them "the people that live in my house"
 
MichelleVW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: DFW
Posts: 9,013

Anyone know how much drinks are on board? (approximate). I'm trying to figure out funds for the trip. We're not doing any excursions and we're not big on souvenirs so honestly our only expenses will be tips and drinks Lol. I figure I will be paying for at least 6 drinks a day between me and my 21 year old, oh and my morning coffee at the coffee shop (can't remember the name).
__________________
MichelleVW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:57 AM   #141
ssawka
DIS Veteran
 
ssawka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 3,428

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleVW View Post
Anyone know how much drinks are on board? (approximate). I'm trying to figure out funds for the trip. We're not doing any excursions and we're not big on souvenirs so honestly our only expenses will be tips and drinks Lol. I figure I will be paying for at least 6 drinks a day between me and my 21 year old, oh and my morning coffee at the coffee shop (can't remember the name).
I think drinks are the typical $6-$8. However, they usually have a "Drink of the Day" for $4. At least that's what it was on the Wonder last year. I haven't been on any other DCL cruises, so I'm not sure if the Dream is any different.
__________________

Please show your support for GKTW!


"A man should never neglect his family for business." -W. Disney

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." -W. Disney

"Adults are only kids grown up..." -W. Disney

(Me) (DD 12)

ssawka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:59 AM   #142
pillow
DIS Veteran
 
pillow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,164

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleVW View Post
Anyone know how much drinks are on board? (approximate). I'm trying to figure out funds for the trip. We're not doing any excursions and we're not big on souvenirs so honestly our only expenses will be tips and drinks Lol. I figure I will be paying for at least 6 drinks a day between me and my 21 year old, oh and my morning coffee at the coffee shop (can't remember the name).
We are not HUGE drinkers. We usually have a glass of wine w/ dinner and a drink during the day. Maybe one during the show??? Our bill is always higher than I think it will be. I just read online where the "drink of the day" costs $4.54. This thread is older, but it might help . . .

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1090180

Jodie
pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:58 AM   #143
MichelleVW
I call them "the people that live in my house"
 
MichelleVW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: DFW
Posts: 9,013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssawka View Post
I think drinks are the typical $6-$8. However, they usually have a "Drink of the Day" for $4. At least that's what it was on the Wonder last year. I haven't been on any other DCL cruises, so I'm not sure if the Dream is any different.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pillow View Post
We are not HUGE drinkers. We usually have a glass of wine w/ dinner and a drink during the day. Maybe one during the show??? Our bill is always higher than I think it will be. I just read online where the "drink of the day" costs $4.54. This thread is older, but it might help . . .

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1090180

Jodie
I'm figuring $60 a day on alcohol which I really don't think it will be that much. I figure one drink during the day, one after the show and before dinner (usually go to the sports bar for trivia before dinner) and one during dinner).

I just did the math for how much I plan on spending on the cruise and at Disney afterwards and with the money I have in my vacation fund, Disney reward dollars and Discover cash back, I will have more than enough to cover the whole trip!
__________________
MichelleVW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:34 AM   #144
ssawka
DIS Veteran
 
ssawka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 3,428

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleVW View Post
I'm figuring $60 a day on alcohol which I really don't think it will be that much. I figure one drink during the day, one after the show and before dinner (usually go to the sports bar for trivia before dinner) and one during dinner).

I just did the math for how much I plan on spending on the cruise and at Disney afterwards and with the money I have in my vacation fund, Disney reward dollars and Discover cash back, I will have more than enough to cover the whole trip!
We are planning on picking up some pre-made cocktails at the Liquor store by WDW. We are not huge "bar people", but we do like drinks during the day.

Also, if they offer the mixology class on this cruise, I highly recommend signing up for it. You have to make your own drinks, but it is essentially as much as you want for an hour for $15.
__________________

Please show your support for GKTW!


"A man should never neglect his family for business." -W. Disney

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." -W. Disney

"Adults are only kids grown up..." -W. Disney

(Me) (DD 12)

ssawka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:29 PM   #145
pillow
DIS Veteran
 
pillow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,164

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssawka View Post
Also, if they offer the mixology class on this cruise, I highly recommend signing up for it. You have to make your own drinks, but it is essentially as much as you want for an hour for $15.
Me after mixology . . .
pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:42 PM   #146
ssawka
DIS Veteran
 
ssawka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 3,428

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillow View Post
Me after mixology . . .
I know! On our last cruise, that was the best $15 I spent. I was good for the whole evening after that.
__________________

Please show your support for GKTW!


"A man should never neglect his family for business." -W. Disney

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." -W. Disney

"Adults are only kids grown up..." -W. Disney

(Me) (DD 12)

ssawka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:56 PM   #147
Vertigo127
Mouseketeer
 
Vertigo127's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Missouri
Posts: 79

So.... which night of this cruise is Pirate night, and who is going to be dressing up for it???
Also...
Does the 4 night have a formal evening?
Vertigo127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:22 PM   #148
MrsColes
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: St. Catharines
Posts: 2

7 of us will be cruising!

Girls ages 3 and 6
3 Grand-parents in their 70's
Parents

I heard something about a secret santa...anyone interested? Anyone have children the same age?

The countdown is on!!!
MrsColes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:50 PM   #149
Dave Dizney
Super-Duper organized Ultimate Disney Fan!
And Travel Channel Television Star!
Possibly a hitchhiking ghost...
 
Dave Dizney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Lee's Summit, MO
Posts: 432

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertigo127 View Post
So.... which night of this cruise is Pirate night, and who is going to be dressing up for it???
Also...
Does the 4 night have a formal evening?
Hey Vertigo - we're dressing up for Pirates night. It's a great time of year to get costumes - lots of pirate costumes at local Halloween shops! I've seen a number of photos of people dressing up - it should be a fun night!

From what I've seen, I believe it's the last night - after we pull away from Castaway Cay? Anyone else confirm that?
__________________
Dave "Dizney" Lloyd -- Travel Channel Disney Fan
Co-Hosts of the Travel Channel & Discovery HD's "Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World"
Click here to see our Jan. 2013 Disney Dream Trip report!
Dave Dizney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:55 PM   #150
Dave Dizney
Super-Duper organized Ultimate Disney Fan!
And Travel Channel Television Star!
Possibly a hitchhiking ghost...
 
Dave Dizney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Lee's Summit, MO
Posts: 432

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsColes View Post
Girls ages 3 and 6
3 Grand-parents in their 70's
Parents

I heard something about a secret santa...anyone interested? Anyone have children the same age?

The countdown is on!!!
Welcome, MrsColes! You've joined the party already already progress!

Jsteele is leading the Fish Extender participation on our trip - is that what you mean by "secret santa (since we're post-Christmas)?"
__________________
Dave "Dizney" Lloyd -- Travel Channel Disney Fan
Co-Hosts of the Travel Channel & Discovery HD's "Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World"
Click here to see our Jan. 2013 Disney Dream Trip report!
Dave Dizney is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: