Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2011, 05:15 AM   #1
Bnearing
Mouseketeer

Just back from a week at CSR (long review)

We absolutely loved this resort!

We arrived via the Magical Express last Sunday. We checked in and got our anniversary pins (it was our 12th on that very day) and the kids' First Visit pins plus balloons for our anniversary. The girl who checked us in was very pleasant and helpful. I had requested Cabanas but we were put in Casitas building 5. I didn't complain, I said I would take whatever they gave me. The weather was beyond gorgeous for our 5 minute walk to the room. We were on the ground floor looking over the water.

The room was exactly as I expected from seeing pictures and reading reviews. The best feature was the heavy double sliding doors. This gave us all a place to change clothing in private and gave my family an extra half-hour sleep while I got ready in the morning.

We were very close to the quiet pool but never did use it. We swam at the Dig Site several times and the kids loved it. DH rode the waterslide as much as they did I think! I got nachos from Siestas once an they were delicious. The kids also loved the arcade.

The grounds are even more breathtaking than pictures can convey. We had misty mornings, beautiful sunsets, clear bright days. We never saw as much as a gum wrapper on the ground (that goes for all of WDW!). Our housekeeper was great, arranging the kids animals in the window each day waiting for our return, and even one day sitting DD's Duffy bear on the bed with the remote on his lap and the tv on. Something so small made my daughter's day!

We were close to Bus Stop 2, the best bus stop to use IMO. Our experiences with the buses was STELLAR. We never waited longer than 10 minutes for a bus either at the resort or at the parks. The fact that CSR doesn't share busing service with any other resorts is awesome. We never had to stand on a bus, most were 1/3 full.

The resort was very quiet which is what we like.

We loved the gift shop and the Rix cafe. We didn't try the Maya Grill.

My single complaint about CSR is the Pepper Market. I know people love it or hate it, I hated it. The food was awesome, but the set up is not good. Lines for some stations were so long my family was done eating by the time I got my food. The "flow" of the place is strange and chaotic (to me). One morning I didn't even bother getting anything for breakfast when the omlette station had a huge line and my 6 year old son was eating by himself while we waited for our food. I just ended up sitting with him and grabbing something in the parks later. If we stay at CSR again I won't bother going to the Pepper Market. I'd eat at Siesta's by the pool instead.

On the third day of our trip my son developed a high fever and a sore throat. I imagined having to look in the yellow pages for a clinic, hire a cab, take a whole day out of our trip to have him seen by the doctor. Instead, when I called the front desk they informed me they would have someone there to take us to Centracare (Disney's onsite care center) within 10 minutes! I took DD to Hollywood Studios while DH took DS to Centracare. They were very knowledgeable about our insurance and in less than 2 hours DS was seen, tested for strep (negative, it was just a virus), brought back to the resort, and met us at HS for lunch. I cannot tell you how impressed I was with Disney overall but especially this service! Later that day we had balloons in our room to cheer DS up and a discount card of 20% off Photopass merchandise.

All in all, we loved loved loved CSR and would not hesitate to stay there again!
Bnearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 05:56 AM   #2
100%Disney
On the lookout for a good sushi etiquette book
I'M QUIRKY!!!!!
Where's the Tag Fairy's chocolate milk??

That is amazing! I'm so sorry your son was ill, but that they took care of him was wonderful. We stayed there over Christmas one year and loved it as well. I agree about the Pepper Market, the food is really good, but the lines are long. So happy you enjoyed it.
100%Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2011, 09:37 AM   #3
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Sorry to hear that your DS got sick on vacation! Did they offer any kind of prescription at the care center? If not, do you know if they do give prescriptions and how you would get it filled? I was at WDW three weeks ago and got sick with a fever and a horrific cough at the end of our trip. The day we got home, I went to urgent care and was diagnosed with pneumonia and given several prescriptions. Made me wonder what I would have done had I gotten sick earlier in the trip, and what I would do in the future!
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:54 AM   #4
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

Glad to hear that! We love CSR. Its our favorite mod and the chief reason (aside from how beautiful it is) is the bus service. Simply amazing. Sorry your son got sick, but I'm glad they took care of it quickly.
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

tinacaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:12 AM   #5
wdwnut61
Wish I could get my countdown timer to move faster
The TF knows how special you are, wdwdnut61! :)
Queen or Nut, you choose

Welcome Back

Sorry your son was ill glad he is feeling better. Sounds like you really enjoyed CSR.

wdwnut61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 11:39 AM   #6
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the detailed review of the Coronado. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay.

I am sorry to hear that your son got sick, but glad to know that the CSR staff was helpful in getting him to a medical facility, and then giving him a little "pixie dust" to lift his spirits.
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:32 PM   #7
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

Glad to hear you had a great time, except for the illness, at CSR. It's one of our favorites and IMO the best value at WDW.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:04 PM   #8
saskdw
DIS Veteran

We love CSR as well!! We are staying there again Dec. 14th-28th. One thing to keep in mind about the resort food courts is if you go there at a main meal time in the morning or at supper time there will be long lines. This is at all resort food courts not just Pepper market. We stayed last year the same dates over Christmas the busiest time of year and never waited in any lines at Pepper market. The key is to get there before the rush in the morning and either before or after meal time in the evening. It was the same at the CBR food court in Dec. 2008.
saskdw is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: