Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2013, 07:15 PM   #91
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethA
Having been on the Dream twice we will miss the lounge. We are on the 8 night Magic and interested to see what will be offered. The treats do often get wasted but maybe some coupons for a free drink or smoothie should be included since there is no daily happy hour, etc. Anyone recently on the Magic Who are the current concierge staff members? Would love to hear from anyone on Magic recently
I'm very interested to know too!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 01-27-2013, 09:17 PM   #92
calker
Mouseketeer

Our requests

Chocolate covered strawberries delivered to DH on our anniversary.

I asked them to purchase (with my credit card) a Disney Cruise line bathrobe for DH and deliver it along with the strawberries. It was wrapped beautifully with a bow that included a stuffed Mickey Mouse

We are again sailing on the Fantasy this May - we will request caffeine free diet coke (doctor has requested no caffeine in soda, tea, or coffee). If shore-side concierge is unable to tell me in advance that this will be available, we will have to bring it with us.

calker is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-27-2013, 09:22 PM   #93
pudinhd
DIS Veteran

Our first trip in a concierge suite will be on the Wonder in May and we are super excited!!!

Has anyone ever requested anything about characters or the stage shows? I have heard about the private meet & greet on the last night before the Til We Meet Again with the characters. Is that something concierge guests can attend?
Too Many Trips to Disneyland to Count, 1999 WDW Honeymoon, 2005 Mexican Riviera Disney Cruise, 2008 Mexican Riviera Disney Cruise, 2008 WDW Vacation, 2009 Backstage Magic ABD, 2011 Disney Cruise to Neverland, 2011 Mexican Riviera Disney Cruise, 2012 Alaskan Disney Cruise, 2013 Repo LA to Vancouver Disney Cruise, 2014 Western Caribbean Disney Cruise, 2014 Backstage Magic ABD
pudinhd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:08 AM   #94
PATTERSON PARTY OF 3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbootee

Excursion info: The team can help you if the, personally have already been on the excursion you are asking about or they can book it for you if you are in your booking window. Otherwise they know what is online for you to see on the DCL site.

Decorating the cabin: This is a purchased package that is available for various occasions. This is not a complementary service, so they cannot help you.

Caffeine free diet coke: If they have it on board they will put it in your cabin. Just ask your concierge when you board. I do know that a friend requested some non-Kellogg's cereals and they were able to get some for his suite.

The shoreside concierge team can help you with many things, but they really have little control over shipboard issues. Some items, such as a rollaway bed or lounge chairs for the verandah, have to be approved by the captain and are not within their powers.

On the other hand, if you want to purchase items for your cabin, such as the decorations, they will gladly arrange it for you. I purchased some gorgeous roses for my wife through them for our Alaska cruise.

Eric, Sue, Lynn and Kristin (as well as Jamira, who is now elsewhere at DCL, and Autumn, who is now on the Dream) have provided excellent service. I am sorry you had difficulty, but non of your issues appear to be within their authority.
Okay.. I am curious about the "non-Kellogg's" ? Why was did she want a different brand? Personal taste or another issue?
PATTERSON PARTY OF 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:42 AM   #95
lorenni
DIS Veteran

Being gluten free, Chex are my staple cereal. So I can see how non-Kellogg cereal could be a request.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:14 AM   #96
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran

I am probably going to be too embarrassed to ask this once I get there, but I was wondering if they would let you borrow some dumbbells from the gym to use in your room? I usually pack my own light weights in my checked bag (yes, I know). I like to work out in my room in private with my dvds. It sure would be nice to not have to pack them. But I don't know if I will get up the nerve to ask!!!

(Me and DH), (DD12), (DS11), (DS7),(DD7) &

Last edited by wallawallakids; 01-28-2013 at 12:43 PM.
wallawallakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:23 PM   #97
PATTERSON PARTY OF 3
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenni View Post
Being gluten free, Chex are my staple cereal. So I can see how non-Kellogg cereal could be a request.
That makes sense. I was curious if it was some kind of boycott or a dietary issue. I have an in law who refuses to buy anthing P&G because of the crazy rumor regarding their CEO & the Church of Satan, and she refuses to drink Pepsi because of the missing "Under God" issue.... Both false internet rumors. We showed her the proof it was lies but she says it is a conspiracy to cover it all up...

Every time we visit I show up with my Mt. Dew and ask her if she has tried the latest TIDE product. I just can't help myself.
PATTERSON PARTY OF 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:41 PM   #98
BethA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pudinhd
Our first trip in a concierge suite will be on the Wonder in May and we are super excited!!!

Has anyone ever requested anything about characters or the stage shows? I have heard about the private meet & greet on the last night before the Til We Meet Again with the characters. Is that something concierge guests can attend?
Never heard about the private meet. What is it?
BethA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:12 PM   #99
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethA View Post
I saw a thread about that a while back but it sounded like it was only on the Dream and Fantasy because they mentioned it being in the concierge lounge. I could be wrong, but I am assuming that means it isn't available on the Wonder and Magic. Someone please correct me if I am wrong though.

(Me and DH), (DD12), (DS11), (DS7),(DD7) &
wallawallakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:19 PM   #100
Namsupak
DIS Veteran

Are you wondering about a different meet and greet than the regular one? They usually have a surprise character come to a special reception just for concierge. No lines you just go to the reception and it is a relaxed pace meet and greet with a good amount of character interaction. It happens on all 4 ships.

WDW: 1998, March 2002, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, May 2008, Sept 2008, Dec 2009, Sept 2010, Jan 2011, July 2011, Jan 2012, Feb 2012, Aug 2012, Dec 2012
DCL: June 2008, Feb 2009, Dec 2009, Nov 2010, Jan 2011 (MV Dream), WBTA Sept 2011, Dec 2011, NYE Dream 2011-12, Jan 2012, March 2012 MV Fantasy, Dec 2012 Fantasy, May 2013 WBPC, Jan 2014
DLP: Sept 5, 2011
Coming Up: Sept 2014 WBTA
Namsupak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:26 AM   #101
clarefb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethA

It's not something concierge get automatically invited to. You have to receive a write invite to the 'til we meet again' party. It's usually reserved to family of cast members & the like

But if you do get to go, it's really awesome!

clarefb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:08 PM   #102
jules4172
Mouseketeer

For Clarefb

Hi Clare,

Hope it's ok but I sent you a PM about bottle caps you've made in the past. I was wondering if you got my message - I wasn't sure whether the PM went through or not. Thanks.

Julie
jules4172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:30 AM   #103
cruisenow01
Mouseketeer

The case of beer seems a bit excessive, but the wine is pretty common when we have stayed hotel concierge. We have often stayed in club level rooms in New Orleans. We would always ask for a bottle of champagne for later in the evening and they are always accommodating, often asking would you like just 1. I think 2 is a bit excessive, but I guess that is up to the individual. I guess it never hurts to ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexandNessa View Post
I can tell you 3 things I overheard on our last cruise which I thought were out of line ...

1) Asking for 2 bottles of wine to be delivered to the room. The bartender in the lounge asked, "2 glasses?" No. 2 bottles. Free. Delivered to the room as an extension of happy hour in the lounge.

2) Asking for 12 bottles of beer to be delivered to the room (separate person). When the bartender hesitated for a moment, she followed up with "I've already been told NO twice today. I don't want to hear it again."

3) Asking for smoothies for the kids 5 minutes before the lounge was going to close (after happy hour was over) when the bartender wasn't around.

I have no idea if the requests were accommodated, but I wouldn't blame the concierge team if they weren't.

I was a little annoyed by these things because we are not ones to abuse happy hour, and I hope the "entitlement" attitude by some doesn't ruin happy hour for everyone.

I know that wasn't your question ....

We are pretty simple peeps. We ask for a table to ourselves at dinner, and the concierge has always been able to confirm that. That is the extent of our requests.

cruisenow01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:31 AM   #104
cruisenow01
Mouseketeer

I am wondering about asking for a yoga mat. I say ask. The worst they can say is no.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallawallakids View Post
I am probably going to be too embarrassed to ask this once I get there, but I was wondering if they would let you borrow some dumbbells from the gym to use in your room? I usually pack my own light weights in my checked bag (yes, I know). I like to work out in my room in private with my dvds. It sure would be nice to not have to pack them. But I don't know if I will get up the nerve to ask!!!

cruisenow01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:35 AM   #105
zippingalong
Mouseketeer

I was in the lounge on the Dream before the pirate night festivities began. One of the hosts was wearing a Jack Sparrow kind of hat.

One of the guests asked if she could "use it". Concierge said, "Sure, do you want me to take your picture?" and she said, "No, I want my son to wear it on deck tonite for the party."

Seriously?

I'll also be sailing concierge in August on the Fantasy.

My requests will be a private table for 4. That's about it. I'll refill my diet cokes from the lounge when they're gone. I'll book my cabana early and be on on GC on the first tender. Beyond that, I don't need anything.

I must be low maintenance.
zippingalong is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: