Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2011, 12:36 PM   #31
AlexandNessa
Proud Redhead
Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
Must sleep barefoot
HEY EVERYONE...THIS IS A SECRET...SHE HATED THE MUMMY MOVIE

I know that Julia who is currently on the Dream will be moving over to the Fantasy to start her up. She will be leaving some pretty big shoes to fill, and it sounds like Rodrigo is a great replacement. Not that there was anything wrong with Thomas and Eddy on the Dream, but you could just tell that Julia was "the" person in the lounge, KWIM?

We are really hoping to see Danny again on our B2B cruise in NY, but I'm sure that's wishful thinking.

RE: chocolate covered strawberries. I seem to remember getting them a few times as our daily treat, so just tell your concierge that you'd like them whenever they can be arranged. I'm sure the concierge will be happy to oblige.
Old 10-23-2011, 03:11 PM   #32
cruiselightupmylife
Earning My Ears

We are sailing on the exact two cruises you are!!!! We're celebrating our Wedding Anniversary on the April 28th one and my husband's birthday on the second one and like you said the end of the world, my husband's quote to that was "what a way to go".
cruiselightupmylife is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-23-2011, 06:08 PM   #33
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse

Most unusual request for us was that my son requested croissants at 8 pm...when I found out about it, I told Rodrigo not to worry about it, but he got them any way. I've had Rodrigo and Danny (when he was in training) but we had Mike on the Wonder on our last cruise and all I can say is outstanding...we asked him to change out our regular soda for diet and he brought us 2 cases. We asked to buy a case of water and he brought us a bunch of bottles. I've never had a concierge that i was unhappy about....treat them with respect and you'll get it back!

many WDW trips before 1998
WDW - Oct 2000 - offsite, WDW August 2002 - All star music resort, ,WDW Port Orleans, WDW May 2006 Old Key West, WDW Nov 2007 offsite, DCL Magic 11/1/08, MNSSHP 10/31/09, DCL Magic in the Med 8/18/2010, Wonder to Alaska 8/23/2011, NYC to nowhere 6/15/2012, NYC to Bahamas 8/25/2012, 9/30/2012 Dream Cruise, Magic to Greece 6/15/2013, Disneyland Nov 2013, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 8/23/2014
mindelmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:12 PM   #34
zellda
Mouseketeer

Just off the Magic in concierge. No daily treats were delivered. Only the welcome aboard fruit basket, 3 bottles of water, 3 diet Cokes, 3 Sprites, 3 Cokes. Last concierge cruise on the Wonder - we received treats every day, as well as twice a day calls from concierge asking if we needed anything. A little disappointed in concierge service this cruise, never asked if we needed anything, and no treats. We had the boarding reception and the concierge reception, no other complimentary wine/beer/cocktails. Seems that there is a great difference in service depending on the ship, and the concierge you have assigned to you.
zellda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:19 PM   #35
kcashner
DIS Veteran

No daily treats? That is different. They were definitely doing the daily treats on the Magic in June.

True that the ship makes a huge difference--the Magic and Wonder aren't set up with the lounge as the newer ships are/will be.

For what the suites cost, there is no excuse not to have a daily "check in" with the guest at the very least!
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:41 PM   #36
SingleFather
Mouseketeer

If I was going concierge, I would ask for a reserved section of the beach and carpet put on the beach and path leading to our reserved section so we wouldn't have to get sand on our feet.
SingleFather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:57 PM   #37
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

So Tami are you going to request a visit from Chip & Dale?

All kidding aside I hope you have a great cruise in 2013.

D
isneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - S. Caribbean Oct 2014 Magic, E. Caribbean Nov 2013 Fantasy, Mexican Riviera Mar 2012 Wonder, Bahamas B2B Nov 2011 Dream, Panama Canal Jan 2011 Wonder, Bahamas Nov 2009 Wonder
Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand
Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 04:30 AM   #38
AlexandNessa
Proud Redhead
Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
Must sleep barefoot
HEY EVERYONE...THIS IS A SECRET...SHE HATED THE MUMMY MOVIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by zellda View Post
Just off the Magic in concierge. No daily treats were delivered. Only the welcome aboard fruit basket, 3 bottles of water, 3 diet Cokes, 3 Sprites, 3 Cokes. Last concierge cruise on the Wonder - we received treats every day, as well as twice a day calls from concierge asking if we needed anything. A little disappointed in concierge service this cruise, never asked if we needed anything, and no treats. We had the boarding reception and the concierge reception, no other complimentary wine/beer/cocktails. Seems that there is a great difference in service depending on the ship, and the concierge you have assigned to you.
The Magic needs to step up its game now that the Dream is sailing with a concierge lounge and happy hour cocktails. Not water down its offerings. No daily treat is a bit disappointing to hear. I wonder if your concierge was new or if they took this perk away? I hope you consider writing about your disappointment with concierge services to DCL, and be sure to cc your TA if you used one.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:14 AM   #39
taswira
"Let It Go" - but carefully guard your secrets!

Quote:
I would definitely complain to DCL about it because on their website it still says the following for Concierge on the Magic: Special Treats Delivered - While staying in a Concierge Suite, you benefit from daily delights delivered to your door, such as canapés, fruit and cookies.

Oddly, I could no longer find that anywhere on their site in the description of Concierge on the Dream or Fantasy. They seem to be directing everyone to the Concierge Lounge. I'm not necessarily complaining, just sayin'.

They may be deciding to stop because the treats were going to waste (not consumed), but even if that's the case, I think Concierge guests on the classic ships, where there is no Lounge alternative, should at least be asked before being cut off from the treats.
taswira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:36 AM   #40
melonz
Mouseketeer

I was a cat 9d on the WBTA and I had a fruit bowl on arrival and I had treats delivered EVERY DAY

It seems that this is not normal practice but it made for a very special first cruise
melonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:55 AM   #41
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melonz View Post
I was a cat 9d on the WBTA and I had a fruit bowl on arrival and I had treats delivered EVERY DAY

It seems that this is not normal practice but it made for a very special first cruise
Sounds like you were picked as a family of the week to get the daily deliveries.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:00 AM   #42
jilljill
Collects Disney men!
I had to go and write a novel didn't I?!
Come on over and join our thread

Location: 13-14½ hours drive from WDW - depending on who is driving (lol) OR 5 minutes!

Quote:
As others have suggested, I would definately write DCL a letter to let them know of the service you didn't receive as a concierge guest. There's no excuse for your concierge to not check in with you daily and to not have the daily treats delivered. I also hope that you noted the lack of service on your comment card and dropped it off before leaving the ship.
Alcoholic drinks are only complimentary at the 2 receptions on the Magic/Wonder.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:34 AM   #43
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiselightupmylife View Post
We are sailing on the exact two cruises you are!!!!
I think you are talking to me? If so - have you checked out our cruise meet threads?

Taswira (my friend who is also on both cruises) created websites for each cruise - the April 2012 cruise, and our "end of the world...or not" cruise in December 2012. Come on over and join us!

1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas; 9/6/14 Disney Magic WBTA

Last edited by ThePhantomsGirl; 10-24-2011 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Changed links to correct ones....
ThePhantomsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:40 AM   #44
taswira
"Let It Go" - but carefully guard your secrets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl View Post
I think you are talking to me? If so - have you checked out our cruise meet threads?

Taswira (my friend who is also on both cruises) created websites for each cruise - the April 2012 cruise, and our "end of the world...or not" cruise in December 2012. Come on over and join us!
Holly - You repeated the April link twice - lol. It should be 28 April 2012 and 15 December 2012.
taswira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:42 AM   #45
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

Ha ha - I am just so darned tired this morning...and I should not be posting links! I should go and edit it my post...if I dare!

1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas; 9/6/14 Disney Magic WBTA
ThePhantomsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: