Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-27-2011, 10:33 PM   #541
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,618

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
And a picture of the pin I hope.....
I have a few pin pics to share & the boys Christmas gifts that I bought at Off the Page......check the next post!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
All caught up! Lots and lots of great photos! You got so many good ones of inside IASW. I couldn't get any for the life of me! Did you just use a point and shoot or did you have Mikes fancy new camera?

Looks like that tour was really good, despite the head phone part. I loved your spot in the parade. And those snowmen are sooo cute. I love snowmen.

I agree with you about the Electrical Parade. It needs to be brought back. If we go to WDW in the spring, I am making it a priority to see it, that's for sure.
Me have Mike's new camera......... No, it was here at home with him. I take dark & moving pictures in the ISO 3200 setting....so faster shutter speed (? I think) The first trip I did this, I got so many great pics, but each trip since has gotten really grainy & not as good quality.....weird!

The tour was fabulous & would do it every holiday season I go to from now on......totally worth it for all the perks!!!

I really miss the Electrical Parade!!!
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:42 PM   #542
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,182

kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 12-27-2011, 10:43 PM   #543
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,618

So Michele reminded me that I hadn't taken any pics of the new pins I got, including the one from the tour.......so here goes.

I'm not sure what the dealio is with my camera, but I'm having serious blur issues lately & it's starting to upset me!!!! Oh well.......


So this is the pin from the Holiday Tour. Like I said, I looked at the pin in it's plastic baggie when they handed them out & then safely tucked it inside my bag. When I got home & went to put it in my pin bag......I realized it had dangly legs......lol



Here are a couple more Christmas pins I got this trip:



I of course had to get the Little Mermaid pin for the new ride!!



And anytime I stay onsite, I get a pin for the hotel.....well bonus......PPH & Christmas!!




Now that the 3 boys have opened their gifts I picked up from them at Off the Page on my trip, I can now share what I got them.

Derek wanted something in Retro Mickey........he thought this definitely fit the bill!!



Tyler likes the Haunted Mansion, but the sketch artists don't do the hitchhiking ghosts.....so I had to go with a print for him.



Nick & his fiance, Marie love the Nightmare Before Christmas.....so a sketch of Jack was in order!!



Derek & Nick's sketches were done by the artist on duty that morning. You pick what you want, if you want it in B/W or color, any personalization, etc. One character is $35 & I believe it was $25 for each addt'l character (please don't quote me on that). It's really neat to have a sketch done that isn't cleaned up & done just for you. Awesome collectible artwork.

They have all sorts of prints here as well, which is where I picked Ty's up from. I could spend tons of money here.... cool prints of attractions & characters & even some old b/w of Walt.

__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:57 PM   #544
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner
 
WDWJonasGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,814

Loved the update Laurie!! I have some good Small World pictures.
__________________

Kaitlin: Lover of 5 Seconds of Summer, One Direction, Jonas, and Concerts
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, 6/14, 7/14 DLR: Too Many To Count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14 DLP: 6/13
WDWJonasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 11:06 PM   #545
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,182

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
So Michele reminded me that I hadn't taken any pics of the new pins I got, including the one from the tour.......so here goes.

I'm not sure what the dealio is with my camera, but I'm having serious blur issues lately & it's starting to upset me!!!! Oh well.......


So this is the pin from the Holiday Tour. Like I said, I looked at the pin in it's plastic baggie when they handed them out & then safely tucked it inside my bag. When I got home & went to put it in my pin bag......I realized it had dangly legs......lol



Here are a couple more Christmas pins I got this trip:



I of course had to get the Little Mermaid pin for the new ride!!



And anytime I stay onsite, I get a pin for the hotel.....well bonus......PPH & Christmas!!




Now that the 3 boys have opened their gifts I picked up from them at Off the Page on my trip, I can now share what I got them.

Derek wanted something in Retro Mickey........he thought this definitely fit the bill!!



Tyler likes the Haunted Mansion, but the sketch artists don't do the hitchhiking ghosts.....so I had to go with a print for him.



Nick & his fiance, Marie love the Nightmare Before Christmas.....so a sketch of Jack was in order!!



Derek & Nick's sketches were done by the artist on duty that morning. You pick what you want, if you want it in B/W or color, any personalization, etc. One character is $35 & I believe it was $25 for each addt'l character (please don't quote me on that). It's really neat to have a sketch done that isn't cleaned up & done just for you. Awesome collectible artwork.

They have all sorts of prints here as well, which is where I picked Ty's up from. I could spend tons of money here.... cool prints of attractions & characters & even some old b/w of Walt.


Oh very cool!! I love the pin from the tour. How adorable!!
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 11:30 PM   #546
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar
 
Trentmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 32,619

wow, the inside of small world is awesome and must be so big

Loved all the pics. How cool they play Jingle Bells during the ride

Great pins and such cool drawings.

Where do they have people doing the drawings? Out on the street or are they at a shop somewhere?
__________________
"Sharky", RESIDENT LIFER
Trentmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 02:37 AM   #547
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,618

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWJonasGirl View Post
Loved the update Laurie!! I have some good Small World pictures.
Thanx Kaitlin!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Oh very cool!! I love the pin from the tour. How adorable!!
It is a cute pin!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
wow, the inside of small world is awesome and must be so big

Loved all the pics. How cool they play Jingle Bells during the ride

Great pins and such cool drawings.

Where do they have people doing the drawings? Out on the street or are they at a shop somewhere?
Small World is huge inside.....& they fill every inch of it!

The sketches were done at the store "Off the Page" which sells artwork, prints, collectibles, etc right next to the Animation Building in the Hollywood Backlots of Disney's California Adventure.
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 09:29 AM   #548
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!
 
Sherry E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 15,351
DISboards Moderator

Remember, too - just for anyone reading this who has never been on It's a Small World Holiday - it's not only "Jingle Bells" that is sung in the ride. The dolls also sing "Deck the Halls" for quite a while, too, interspersed with the regular IASW theme song!

Within each 'scene' of the ride you may hear variations of the songs, such as "Jingle Shells" sung in Ariel's underwater scene, or a bit of a twangy instrumental in the American/Old West scene with Woody, etc.

And, of course, there are scents piped into the ride - like gingerbread (which doesn't really smell like gingerbread to me) and often times peppermint in that candy factory scene with the candy canes and other stuff hanging overhead, and a balsam-type smell when you pass by the Christmas tree with candles on it (I think it's that tree and not another tree in the ride).

So there are many layers and levels of sensory overload (assault!) going on in IASW Holiday!

Cute pins! I like the tour pin with the Toy Soldier a lot. And I like that the tour people still get a different version of the gingerbread cookie with ears (meaning ears with different-colored frosting) - now that DLR has begun to sell the old versions of the tour cookies with red ears to the general public for the holidays.

Riding IASW Holiday at the end of the tour is usually how it's done for the late afternoon tours, from what I have read. In fact, I have usually recommended to people in the Superthread or on the DIS in general to do the later tour - specifically so they can ride IASWH at the end of it, when the facade is illuminated (better photo opportunities that way). If people take the early tour, by the time they get to IASWH it won't be aglow. Also, when IASW Holiday is lit up at night, the line for the ride becomes longer. So the value of getting the front-of-the-line privileges with the tour is suddenly increased!!
__________________
**...Rockin' my Disney Side since 1972 ... Now taking on the holidays, one photo (and one Superthread!) at a time...**

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:16 PM   #549
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,618

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Remember, too - just for anyone reading this who has never been on It's a Small World Holiday - it's not only "Jingle Bells" that is sung in the ride. The dolls also sing "Deck the Halls" for quite a while, too, interspersed with the regular IASW theme song!

Within each 'scene' of the ride you may hear variations of the songs, such as "Jingle Shells" sung in Ariel's underwater scene, or a bit of a twangy instrumental in the American/Old West scene with Woody, etc.

And, of course, there are scents piped into the ride - like gingerbread (which doesn't really smell like gingerbread to me) and often times peppermint in that candy factory scene with the candy canes and other stuff hanging overhead, and a balsam-type smell when you pass by the Christmas tree with candles on it (I think it's that tree and not another tree in the ride).

So there are many layers and levels of sensory overload (assault!) going on in IASW Holiday!

Cute pins! I like the tour pin with the Toy Soldier a lot. And I like that the tour people still get a different version of the gingerbread cookie with ears (meaning ears with different-colored frosting) - now that DLR has begun to sell the old versions of the tour cookies with red ears to the general public for the holidays.

Riding IASW Holiday at the end of the tour is usually how it's done for the late afternoon tours, from what I have read. In fact, I have usually recommended to people in the Superthread or on the DIS in general to do the later tour - specifically so they can ride IASWH at the end of it, when the facade is illuminated (better photo opportunities that way). If people take the early tour, by the time they get to IASWH it won't be aglow. Also, when IASW Holiday is lit up at night, the line for the ride becomes longer. So the value of getting the front-of-the-line privileges with the tour is suddenly increased!!
I'm glad you explained the music a bit more.....I knew there was more going on....but what stuck with me was the Jingle Bells.

I didn't smell anything on my ride........hmmmmmm

The first 2 groups did the ride before the parade.....thanks to them being on the ride, we got the first set of seats, closest to the parade start!!!

I liked finishing with the ride but I guess I assumed our guide would be waiting for us at the end to thank us for doing the tour......but oh well.
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:47 PM   #550
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar
 
Trentmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 32,619

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Remember, too - just for anyone reading this who has never been on It's a Small World Holiday - it's not only "Jingle Bells" that is sung in the ride. The dolls also sing "Deck the Halls" for quite a while, too, interspersed with the regular IASW theme song!

Within each 'scene' of the ride you may hear variations of the songs, such as "Jingle Shells" sung in Ariel's underwater scene, or a bit of a twangy instrumental in the American/Old West scene with Woody, etc.

And, of course, there are scents piped into the ride - like gingerbread (which doesn't really smell like gingerbread to me) and often times peppermint in that candy factory scene with the candy canes and other stuff hanging overhead, and a balsam-type smell when you pass by the Christmas tree with candles on it (I think it's that tree and not another tree in the ride).

So there are many layers and levels of sensory overload (assault!) going on in IASW Holiday!

Cute pins! I like the tour pin with the Toy Soldier a lot. And I like that the tour people still get a different version of the gingerbread cookie with ears (meaning ears with different-colored frosting) - now that DLR has begun to sell the old versions of the tour cookies with red ears to the general public for the holidays.

Riding IASW Holiday at the end of the tour is usually how it's done for the late afternoon tours, from what I have read. In fact, I have usually recommended to people in the Superthread or on the DIS in general to do the later tour - specifically so they can ride IASWH at the end of it, when the facade is illuminated (better photo opportunities that way). If people take the early tour, by the time they get to IASWH it won't be aglow. Also, when IASW Holiday is lit up at night, the line for the ride becomes longer. So the value of getting the front-of-the-line privileges with the tour is suddenly increased!!
Thanks for giving more details. That really does sound so cool.

Do you know what day IASW starts with the holiday overlay?
__________________
"Sharky", RESIDENT LIFER
Trentmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:57 PM   #551
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!
 
Sherry E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 15,351
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Thanks for giving more details. That really does sound so cool.

Do you know what day IASW starts with the holiday overlay?
I guess the official answer would be that IASW Holiday starts on the first day of the holiday season - and the opening date of the season changes every year. This year it began on 11/14. In 2012, it's anyone's guess.

But, honestly, IASW Holiday seems to always (quietly) open a couple of days before the official start date of the season. So, while the season began on 11/14 this year, if I recall correctly, IASWH was open in its holiday form on 11/11 or 11/12/11.

And IASWH seems to extend far into January. It may not be official, but it always seems to be open until at least Martin Luther King Day. Apparently Disneyland doesn't want to shut down IASWH to remove the overlay while they have Haunted Mansion closed. They don't want both rides down at once, so IASWH stays up while Haunted Mansion Holiday goes back to the normal Haunted Mansion.
__________________
**...Rockin' my Disney Side since 1972 ... Now taking on the holidays, one photo (and one Superthread!) at a time...**

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 02:20 PM   #552
pattyduke34
Mouseketeer
 
pattyduke34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Windsor, Ca
Posts: 250

DizNee Luver,
Just wanted to let you know I love the IASM pics. We took the tour also..but had a.....well let's just say a ride to remember... There were 15 in our tour....they put us all in one boat...and at least 10 of them were over 250 to 300 lbs....so to saythe least, the boat got stuck,,,had to take some people off....back end of boat was still too heavy so my sons up front pulled us through the ride by the sides of the boat!

We laughed sooo hard our sides hurt!
__________________
pattyduke34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 02:53 PM   #553
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,618

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyduke34 View Post
DizNee Luver,
Just wanted to let you know I love the IASM pics. We took the tour also..but had a.....well let's just say a ride to remember... There were 15 in our tour....they put us all in one boat...and at least 10 of them were over 250 to 300 lbs....so to saythe least, the boat got stuck,,,had to take some people off....back end of boat was still too heavy so my sons up front pulled us through the ride by the sides of the boat!

We laughed sooo hard our sides hurt!
Oh my......that would have been a sight to see. Kinda surprised they would load the boats that "full".......lol
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 03:11 PM   #554
pattyduke34
Mouseketeer
 
pattyduke34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Windsor, Ca
Posts: 250

We were too!!!!!! We sat there for almost 5 minutes before the figured out we were stuck.. Then the people in line above us were having fun with us.. Let's just say, I will never forget that ride!!
__________________
pattyduke34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 04:02 PM   #555
Happy 2 B Me
I have ears --just not Disney Ears.
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 747

What a great idea for gifts for the older boys. I love gifts that you can see everyday, and wall hangings are so perfect. I collected pins starting with my first steam boat willie that has the spinning boat wheel. I have mostly limited edition pins. I have a few mystery pins also. I am so funny every now and them i get them out, nicely lay them on the bed and sort thru them all. I am just going to give to the grandkids. I totally loved the mickey red ball with black santa belt. Pictures are so vivis. I think they show the colors of a disney christams so wonderful. Looking forward to more Patty
Happy 2 B Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: