Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-18-2011, 09:48 PM   #181
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner
 
WDWJonasGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,748

Glad to see you back Laurie. I'm going on Wednesday (I have the whole week off for Thanksgiving)
__________________

Kaitlin: Lover of 5 Seconds of Summer, One Direction, Jonas, and Pageants
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, 6/14, 7/14 DLR: Too Many To Count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14 DLP: 6/13
WDWJonasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 09:47 AM   #182
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,528

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWJonasGirl View Post
Glad to see you back Laurie. I'm going on Wednesday (I have the whole week off for Thanksgiving)
How fun!!! My kids go Monday, Tuesday & half day on Wednesday.....if we had stayed in Salem, they would have been off for the week too......lol Oh well, we don't have any big plans. I don't think we're even doing anything on Thanksgiving....2 of my older sons that don't live at home aren't coming down for dinner....so think we'll go work on the old place & try to get it done so we can turn in the keys & be done with it.
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-21-2011, 09:55 AM   #183
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,528

Tomorrow will be 2 weeks until I'm stepping thru the turnstiles into a Winter Wonderland!!! Really getting excited as the time is flying by! With only 2 1/2 days at the park.....I've tried to limit my "planned" activities. The tour was a must & I got word yesterday from Sherry, that we will be doing a VIP seating for World of Color on the 7th!!!! I wasn't gonna bother going to WoC due to limited time......but can't pass on VIP seating for the show & special Prep & Landing Pre-Show!!

So this is my itinerary:

Tuesday, Dec 6:
Arrive in Anaheim, get to PPH & make my way to DL by 11am
Make contact with Janelle~~hopefully plan a late dinner after park closing with her & her co-worker.
See the fireworks & snow on Main Street!!!

Wednesday, Dec 7:
Holiday Tour at 3pm, which will include the parade!!
WoC

Thursday, Dec 8:
Check-out of PPH
Breakfast with Sherry & Molly at either Goofy's Kitchen or Surf's Up
Head to airport at 4pm

As you can see, I've left a ton of time to just take in all the decorations & go camera crazy!! I love rides (BTMRR, IJA & SM) but they are not priority this trip......if I don't get on anything but HMH & IASWH during the tour....I'll be ok.

My priority is to see as much of the holiday stuff I can. I want to adventure into both parks (every nook & cranny) & also see the 3 resort hotels & DTD. If I get to all of that, I think I'll be doing pretty good.....I'm also realistic that I may not get to see everything.....but I'm sure gonna try to capture & experience absolutely everything I can!


__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 11:54 AM   #184
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,120

What a plan!! I agree with just wanting to look at things. I did that last year with Dina. Sure we went on some rides but it was mainly about taking the time to look at everything in both parks. It was great!
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:08 PM   #185
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyStitch626's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 5,853

If I knew I was going to be able to go back frequently, I would LOVE to take a trip to just look at things. I think that would be a great trip. I am so excited for you to be able to see it decorated for Christmas. It's my favourite time of year, so one day I am going to get us down there to see it too.
__________________
DisneyStitch626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 01:13 PM   #186
DizDad of 7
Earning My Ears
 
DizDad of 7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 20

LOL....on main computer & realized I wasn't the one logged in....it's Mike's profile..........


Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
What a plan!! I agree with just wanting to look at things. I did that last year with Dina. Sure we went on some rides but it was mainly about taking the time to look at everything in both parks. It was great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
If I knew I was going to be able to go back frequently, I would LOVE to take a trip to just look at things. I think that would be a great trip. I am so excited for you to be able to see it decorated for Christmas. It's my favourite time of year, so one day I am going to get us down there to see it too.
I figured I'll be so taken with all the decorations that everything else will minor in comparison. Christmas is my favorite season, so seeing my favorite place during my favorite holiday should be heavenly!!
DizDad of 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 08:43 PM   #187
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner
 
WDWJonasGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,748

Yeah!!! I'm so excited for you. I'm also going on New Years.
__________________

Kaitlin: Lover of 5 Seconds of Summer, One Direction, Jonas, and Pageants
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, 6/14, 7/14 DLR: Too Many To Count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14 DLP: 6/13
WDWJonasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:06 PM   #188
MommyWithDreams
What has the Dis done to me? I'm addicted to CROCS?
we've hit single digits baby!
 
MommyWithDreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sacramento, Sunny California
Posts: 2,194

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
Tomorrow will be 2 weeks until I'm stepping thru the turnstiles into a Winter Wonderland!!! Really getting excited as the time is flying by! With only 2 1/2 days at the park.....I've tried to limit my "planned" activities. The tour was a must & I got word yesterday from Sherry, that we will be doing a VIP seating for World of Color on the 7th!!!! I wasn't gonna bother going to WoC due to limited time......but can't pass on VIP seating for the show & special Prep & Landing Pre-Show!!

So this is my itinerary:

Tuesday, Dec 6:
Arrive in Anaheim, get to PPH & make my way to DL by 11am
Make contact with Janelle~~hopefully plan a late dinner after park closing with her & her co-worker.
See the fireworks & snow on Main Street!!!

Wednesday, Dec 7:
Holiday Tour at 3pm, which will include the parade!!
WoC

Thursday, Dec 8:
Check-out of PPH
Breakfast with Sherry & Molly at either Goofy's Kitchen or Surf's Up
Head to airport at 4pm

As you can see, I've left a ton of time to just take in all the decorations & go camera crazy!! I love rides (BTMRR, IJA & SM) but they are not priority this trip......if I don't get on anything but HMH & IASWH during the tour....I'll be ok.

My priority is to see as much of the holiday stuff I can. I want to adventure into both parks (every nook & cranny) & also see the 3 resort hotels & DTD. If I get to all of that, I think I'll be doing pretty good.....I'm also realistic that I may not get to see everything.....but I'm sure gonna try to capture & experience absolutely everything I can!


Yessss!!! Definitely going to be making contact! I can't wait to see you! I'm so afraid to make any plans, even food plans due to only having a day. I know we will want to do a lot of rides, but I plan to check out every inch of the park as we go along. As much as I can anyway. So hard when you're with someone and you don't know how interested they will be in checking it out like me the Disneyland freak!

I can't believe how fast it's going to be here.
__________________
MommyWithDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:29 PM   #189
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,528

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWJonasGirl View Post
Yeah!!! I'm so excited for you. I'm also going on New Years.
That will be fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyWithDreams View Post
Yessss!!! Definitely going to be making contact! I can't wait to see you! I'm so afraid to make any plans, even food plans due to only having a day. I know we will want to do a lot of rides, but I plan to check out every inch of the park as we go along. As much as I can anyway. So hard when you're with someone and you don't know how interested they will be in checking it out like me the Disneyland freak!

I can't believe how fast it's going to be here.
That's why I figured setting a dinner after the park closed would be safe!! Keep me posted.......hopefully we'll see each other at the park as well....but figured we'd get some talk time once they kicked us out of the park!!
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:08 PM   #190
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner
 
WDWJonasGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,748

I'm going tomorrow since I have the whole week off. Today is my friend's birthday and she is going to see Katy Perry in concert.
__________________

Kaitlin: Lover of 5 Seconds of Summer, One Direction, Jonas, and Pageants
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, 6/14, 7/14 DLR: Too Many To Count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14 DLP: 6/13
WDWJonasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 04:05 PM   #191
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,528

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWJonasGirl View Post
I'm going tomorrow since I have the whole week off. Today is my friend's birthday and she is going to see Katy Perry in concert.
Have a great time tomorrow Kaitlin!!! How fun for your friend.....I imagine Katy Perry's concert would be pretty entertaining!
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 10:22 PM   #192
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner
 
WDWJonasGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,748

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
Have a great time tomorrow Kaitlin!!! How fun for your friend.....I imagine Katy Perry's concert would be pretty entertaining!
Thanks. I'm going to meet one of my mom's old friends from high school. She has three daughters, two with autism like me.
__________________

Kaitlin: Lover of 5 Seconds of Summer, One Direction, Jonas, and Pageants
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, 6/14, 7/14 DLR: Too Many To Count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14 DLP: 6/13
WDWJonasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 10:39 PM   #193
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,528

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWJonasGirl View Post
Thanks. I'm going to meet one of my mom's old friends from high school. She has three daughters, two with autism like me.
That's awesome Kaitlin.....I know you'll have a wonderful time together!!! Give Mickey a hug from me & tell him I'll see him in 13 days!!!
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:14 PM   #194
MommyWithDreams
What has the Dis done to me? I'm addicted to CROCS?
we've hit single digits baby!
 
MommyWithDreams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sacramento, Sunny California
Posts: 2,194

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
That's awesome Kaitlin.....I know you'll have a wonderful time together!!! Give Mickey a hug from me & tell him I'll see him in 13 days!!!
THIRTEEN DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy DANCE!!!!
__________________
MommyWithDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:39 PM   #195
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,528

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyWithDreams View Post
THIRTEEN DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy DANCE!!!!
WOO HOO!!!
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: