Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-12-2011, 09:57 PM   #31
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 40,626

Kelly, I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that. It should happen under NO circumstances, but to happen on the start of your honeymoon.

I can't wait to hear all about the cruise, etc.

We've never flown Delta, but after that story, we never will (I like United).
__________________
KatMark is online now  
Old 11-13-2011, 11:22 AM   #32
onelilspark
DIS Veteran
 
onelilspark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Melbourne, FL
Posts: 7,144

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Kelly, I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that. It should happen under NO circumstances, but to happen on the start of your honeymoon.

I can't wait to hear all about the cruise, etc.

We've never flown Delta, but after that story, we never will (I like United).
It was really awful. Check the next post for the link to my Honeymoon Cruise Review!
onelilspark is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-13-2011, 11:23 AM   #33
onelilspark
DIS Veteran
 
onelilspark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Melbourne, FL
Posts: 7,144

Honeymoon Cruise Review is up!

You can check it out over on Cruise Critic, here's the link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1516705
onelilspark is offline  
Old 11-14-2011, 08:54 PM   #34
glennbo123
DIS Veteran
 
glennbo123's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 9,198

Thanks for posting the link Kelly! I zoomed through, and will have to go back sometime and read more closely, but it looked like an awesome trip. Congrats on the wedding; I trust it was an amazing day. How's it feel to be married?
glennbo123 is offline  
Old 11-15-2011, 06:37 PM   #35
onelilspark
DIS Veteran
 
onelilspark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Melbourne, FL
Posts: 7,144

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Thanks for posting the link Kelly! I zoomed through, and will have to go back sometime and read more closely, but it looked like an awesome trip. Congrats on the wedding; I trust it was an amazing day. How's it feel to be married?
I really don't feel any different. The most emotion I feel about it is annoyance at trying to change my name on everything It's also super weird to say "husband." I'm not used to that yet. It makes me feel funny to say husband. Mainly because I think to myself, "am I really old enough to be married?" since most days I feel like I'm still 12.

The cruise was amazing. I can't wait to take another Celebrity cruise, I'd really recommend it (maybe not for kids as it was a little subdued, but it was so relaxing!)
onelilspark is offline  
Old 11-17-2011, 04:26 PM   #36
onelilspark
DIS Veteran
 
onelilspark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Melbourne, FL
Posts: 7,144

UPDATE: We were encouraged to take our problems with Delta further up in the organization. They have given us $300 vouchers each. We will be giving Delta another try as it should be sufficient to cover the cost of a flight that we would normally take.

I will of course update whether or not we feel they redeem themselves on that next flight.

(ETA: A flight to Orlando with Delta is somewhere around $270...guess where we're going!)
onelilspark is offline  
Old 11-17-2011, 05:11 PM   #37
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 40,626

Kelly, loved the cruise review. The pictures were stunning.

I'm glad Delta came through for you, and it will be interesting to see what happens when you use those vouchers. And I can't think of a better place to use them than Orlando.
__________________
KatMark is online now  
Old 11-22-2011, 04:15 PM   #38
ChildAtHeart82
DIS Veteran
 
ChildAtHeart82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 963

That's so frustrating to have that much trouble with your flights. I don't complain much either but that would have sent me over the edge. To tell someone that they have confirmed seats and then not come through is ridiculous. It's nice to see that Delta eventually came through with reasonable vouchers. I hope the next trip goes more smoothly!
__________________
Me , DW , DD , DS , Rhino

March 2012 TR October 2012 PTR
Mar 2012: Coronado Springs; Mar 2011: French Quarter; Dec 2010: Port Orleans French Quarter; Oct 2008: All Star Movies - Disneymoon; June 2005: Pop Century; July 2004: Offsite; 1993: Contemporary; 1992: DL (offsite); 1991: Offsite; 1989: DL (offsite); 1987: DL (offsite)
ChildAtHeart82 is offline  
Old 11-23-2011, 02:04 PM   #39
onelilspark
DIS Veteran
 
onelilspark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Melbourne, FL
Posts: 7,144

Day 1 - Part 5

Now back to our regularly scheduled Trip Report...

I just grabbed the bus from AK to Epcot.







Normally I don't ride Spaceship Earth right when I come into Epcot, but it was late enough in the day that it was a true walk-on.



I love this girl's tights:


We learned while at the Vatican that Michelangelo didn't paint the Sistine Chapel's ceiling on his back, he did it standing up. So the ride is wrong!

I also noticed that Rome was burning as smelly as it used to. It was nice to be able to breathe normally through that room!

I started to head over towards the Land pavilion to see if there was any chance of riding Soarin'. Nope. The wait was pretty long and all the FPs were distributed.

Instead, I headed left towards Figment! He's my favorite





It was just pouring when I left:


I put my poncho on and waited under the overhang until it let up a bit. Then I decided to make a run for it and headed over to the Seas pavilion...I figured I was already wet

On a side note: we've had our ponchos for years. We have a mix of clear and yellow ponchos. It always warms my heart to see people in the yellow ponchos because I know they're as crazy as I am!





When I was done with the ride, it slowed to only a light drizzle, so not too bad. I decided to head over to World Showcase and do a little strolling. It was originally my goal to find Bridesmaids gifts in the countries...but I failed miserably. I still enjoyed browsing though



I started my tour with Mexico:


In Germany I managed to avoid getting any caramel. I was proud of myself.


I didn't take too many pictures around the WS since I was mostly just browsing the stores.

I caught the last performance of the Voices of Liberty for the day, who I just love.





I also caught some of the Japanese drummers:


Around that time I was starting to get hungry for dinner. So I did what any normal person would do and I got a drink from France:


I also went around and tried to get a walk up for 1, since it was still drizzly, I didn't really want an outdoor QS. No dice. Unless I wanted to wait until 8pm, which I didn't. So I decided to stick with my original plan and got QS from the new Mexican one. I'm so glad I did! It was delicious! I also grabbed a passion fruit margarita. I always think I like passion fruit, but I really don't, so I didn't finish it



After dinner, I was exhausted and tired of being in the rain, and since I was by myself, I made the executive decision to head back to the hotel. Not before I stopped in MouseGear obviously.

Being on the monorail line meant I had one more ride before back to my room!


This was such a fun way to end the evening! Night of Joy was happening at the MK that night, so I was glad I was taking the resort monorail instead of the express. Lots of teenagers singing and being noisy.

I did see this as we went through the MK, which was interesting, but not entirely surprising considering it was 2 days before the 10 year anniversary of 9-11.


Up Next: A relaxing evening at the Contemporary & Bay Lake Towers!

Last edited by onelilspark; 11-28-2011 at 03:44 PM.
onelilspark is offline  
Old 11-23-2011, 05:11 PM   #40
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 40,626

Great update, Kelly. I love the photopass pics of you in front of Spaceship Earth.

We have those yellow Mickey Mouse ponchos (I think we still have three of them). We tend not to bring them because they are so heavy in the luggage and on us, and use $1.00 store ones and and then toss them. But I use my Mickey Mouse one if we go to the zoo at home or something.

Have a great Thanksgiving as a newly married woman.

__________________
KatMark is online now  
Old 11-23-2011, 05:43 PM   #41
onelilspark
DIS Veteran
 
onelilspark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Melbourne, FL
Posts: 7,144

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Great update, Kelly. I love the photopass pics of you in front of Spaceship Earth.

We have those yellow Mickey Mouse ponchos (I think we still have three of them). We tend not to bring them because they are so heavy in the luggage and on us, and use $1.00 store ones and and then toss them. But I use my Mickey Mouse one if we go to the zoo at home or something.

Have a great Thanksgiving as a newly married woman.
Thanks Kathy! We decided to not travel anywhere this year, so we're having some of Geoff's coworkers over and I'm cooking. It'll be interesting because I've never cooked a turkey before!
onelilspark is offline  
Old 11-23-2011, 08:19 PM   #42
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 40,626

Kelly, you'll do great. I've been married 28-1/2 years, and I made my FIRST turkey last year.
__________________
KatMark is online now  
Old 11-28-2011, 03:30 PM   #43
onelilspark
DIS Veteran
 
onelilspark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Melbourne, FL
Posts: 7,144

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Kelly, you'll do great. I've been married 28-1/2 years, and I made my FIRST turkey last year.
I managed to overcook it It was supposed to cook 4 hours. So at hour 3.5, I went in the oven to baste it and the little popper had popped, so I took it's temperature and it was at 175. Oops! So I quick got him out of the oven and just let him sit for 40 minutes. I save him d The turkey wasn't the moistest ever, but I thought it was pretty good all things considered!

We wound up with 5 people, so I had entirely too much food. I made soup on Friday and I think we'll be eating some form of turkey for the entire month of december
onelilspark is offline  
Old 11-28-2011, 03:40 PM   #44
onelilspark
DIS Veteran
 
onelilspark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Melbourne, FL
Posts: 7,144

Day 1 - Part 6

When I left off, I was making my way back over to the Contemporary.

I have a sweet tooth. A meal is never quite complete until I eat dessert. I didn't get dessert with my dinner, so since I was already in the main tower, I headed over to Contempo Cafe to see if anything looked good...oh did it!

I bought my cupcake and soy milk and brought it back up to the room so I could rest my weary bones.



I then discovered that my toilet wasn't flushing...awesome. So I called down to the front desk. Within 15 minutes I had 2 maintenance people at my door. Big thumbs up to the Contemporary on that one! They fixed the problem, and I heard music...so I wandered out onto my balcony and discovered that the Electric Water Pageant was going on! So exciting



I went back inside and grabbed my treat so I could watch the whole thing.

I also grabbed some nighttime shots of the BLT area.





I also discovered I had much better cell reception outside on the balcony than I did inside the room, so after the show was over, I called Geoff to say good night

Up Next: To EMH or not?

Last edited by onelilspark; 11-30-2011 at 05:34 PM.
onelilspark is offline  
Old 11-30-2011, 10:13 AM   #45
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 40,626

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
I managed to overcook it It was supposed to cook 4 hours. So at hour 3.5, I went in the oven to baste it and the little popper had popped, so I took it's temperature and it was at 175. Oops! So I quick got him out of the oven and just let him sit for 40 minutes. I save him d The turkey wasn't the moistest ever, but I thought it was pretty good all things considered!

We wound up with 5 people, so I had entirely too much food. I made soup on Friday and I think we'll be eating some form of turkey for the entire month of december
We had a 20 pound turkey and seven people...still eating leftovers (and I'm not a turkey fan to begin with).

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
When I left off, I was making my way back over to the Contemporary.

I have a sweet tooth. A meal is never quite complete until I eat dessert. I didn't get dessert with my dinner, so since I was already in the main tower, I headed over to Contempo Cafe to see if anything looked good...oh did it!

I bought my cupcake and soy milk and brought it back up to the room so I could rest my weary bones.



I then discovered that my toilet wasn't flushing...awesome. So I called down to the front desk. Within 15 minutes I had 2 maintenance people at my door. Big thumbs up to the Contemporary on that one! They fixed the problem, and I heard music...so I wandered out onto my balcony and discovered that the Electric Water Pageant was going on! So exciting



I went back inside and grabbed my treat so I could watch the whole thing.

I also grabbed some nighttime shots of the BLT area.





I also discovered I had much better cell reception outside on the balcony than I did inside the room, so after the show was over, I called Geoff to say good night

Up Next: To EMH or not?
I want that cupcake now!

We've not seen the Electric Water Pagent since we last stayed at the Poly which was in 2004. I always enjoyed seeing that.

Great nighttime pics around the BLT!
__________________
KatMark is online now  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.