Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2011, 10:48 AM   #46
photographymom517
DIS Veteran

I'm sure you recognize that picture, but if not, it was taken from "the fake monorail" at the airport!

I'm not using my notes as I write this & I just realized that I left something out. After we landed, we discussed our plans for the rest of the day. It was still early -- we landed right on time at 10am. We had an ADR scheduled for that evening at Captain's Grill at the Yacht Club, our sister resort! I was super excited about this reservation, but I wasn't feeling hungry at all. It always takes us a day or so to adjust after flying. We knew that by the time we headed to the other side of the airport, went to Magical Express, got on the bus, dropped people off at other resorts, got to our resort & checked-in, etc. it would be at least noon.

We weren't starving at this point but since we hadn't eaten breakfast (other than me & my McDonald's sandwich!) we figured we would stop & eat. My husband & Luke both ate at Burger King. I waited in line with them & we got a table, then I went to Nathan's to get cheese fries. I debated whether or not to wait in line at Starbucks. The line was pretty crazy but it seemed to be moving quickly. I wanted to try the seasonal Pumpkin Spice Latte -- YUM!!!! I don't have a Starbucks near me, so this was my chance to try it!!! I know I took pictures of my fries & my latte but for some reason it's not on Shutterfly (I have a love/hate relationship with Shutterfly by the way!) I think between the three places, we spent around $25 on food & drinks.

We then got onto the "fake monorail" and headed to the other side of the airport. Luke really enjoyed watching the fountain, but he didn't show any interest in this -- and mommy really wanted a picture!

Completely unlike me (again) but I figured it was only the beginning of the trip & I had plenty of other opportunities for pictures, so it was fine to skip this one. I just snapped a quick picture of the sign alone.

As we walked, Luke noticed Goofy! He asked me if he was real & I said no. He said "Well what is he then?" and I said "Its just a statue." So statue becomes a part of our vocabulary for the rest of the trip -- he would use it to describe pretty much anything that wasn't "real."

I just happened to get this shot at the exact right moment! It wasn't posed or anything! He just walked up to Goofy & asked "Mommy what is this Goofy statue doing? Is he doing THIS?" and he posed like that!

Then I told him that we needed to get to the bus. He ran over towards the big Disney sign & looked to make sure there weren't other kids getting pictures taken. Then he looked behind him to see if any parents were taking pictures. No one was there. So he ran over & said "Cheese! Mommy take a picture of me! Cheese!" So I ran over to him, getting my camera out & taking off the lens cap as I ran and took this!

Pretty soon we saw this! Beautiful bus!

Luke spent most of the trip to the resort looking out the window & asking a lot of questions about what everything was! He kept asking when he would see Mickey. He asked us from the moment we landed until the moment we finally made a decision for our afternoon/evening plans!!!

We first stopped at Port Orleans Riverside. While the bus driver helped the guests get their stored luggage & strollers, it was at this point when I realized how much of an effect I must have on Luke & what he thinks about!!! He stood up to watch the people going into the resort & looked down at the floor. He asked "Mommy what is that on the floor right there?" and I couldn't think of an answer. The morning was catching up to me & I just wanted to close my eyes & sleep. I said "Umm, it looks sort of like sprinkles." This answer upset him & he said to me in a very stern voice "No mommy. Those are NOT sprinkles. That is pixie dust!!!" I cannot remember ever saying pixie dust to him! He watches the Disney Channel so I'm assuming he picked it up from Jake & the Neverland Pirates. The girl pirate talks frequently about pixie dust. I just smiled at him, gave him a hug, and put a note in my cell phone that explained what happened & "He is soooo my child!"

After stops at Caribbean Beach, the Boardwalk, and the Yacht Club, we finally arrived at our home for the next 10 days!!!

Old 11-09-2011, 11:02 AM   #47
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

I love arriving at the Orlando Airport... especially when I leave cold Canada and arrive in Hot Florida!!!

I am so jealous that you stayed at the BC and I can't wait to hear all about it!

Me (Natalie) DD12 (Eryka) DD9 (Emma)

May 1989 offsite, May 1999 CBR, Feb 2008 Nickelodeon, Dec 2009 CR, Dec 2010 Pop, Oct 2011, Pop, Feb 2012 WL, Sept 2012 POR, Sept 2013 ASM, May 2014 Pop, Nov 2014 CBR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2011, 11:18 AM   #49
Tink9721
DIS Veteran

Yay you started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by photographymom517 View Post
This really saves time on your last day – so you don’t have to check under the beds & inside the closet five times! Of course I still do this at least twice before we leave, but it eases my mind to know I have everything checked off my list meaning it is packed & ready to go!
I'm such a freak about that, especially when we go to Vermont. I have to check under all of the beds in the cabin, my closet, and behind every piece of furniture about five times I also have to keep checking every drawer in the bureau too. I don't know what I think I'm gonna find. My clothes aren't gonna crawl back out of my bag and into the drawer I also start my packing list like a month and a half early because I know the week before I go anywhere is always really busy. Then even though I've had the list for weeks I end up packing at like 9 PM the night before we leave If I didn't make those packing lists I'd never remember anything. I have no idea why but I have so much fun making my Disney packing lists. After we booked the trip last year I came home and booked the ADR's then started my packing list. I was all excited about it and my mom just kept looking at me like I was nuts

That's so cute about the pixie dust

Next: Graduation trip in 2015!

Old 11-09-2011, 12:06 PM   #50
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Yay! Thanks for waiting for me!!!

I think making kids carry their own bags is silly. I mean, yeah, if your child is old enough, by all means, but Jack couldn't carry his own. I know how you feel about Southwest vs. other airlines and I totally agree. They are so much happier!

I can't wait to read more!! I need to start my TR today...
Old 11-09-2011, 12:53 PM   #51
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Great update. Luke is just precious. How cute that he is sooo curious.

I had heard that AirTran boards early so I am glad you confirmed. We leave a week from Friday and are flying Air Tran for the first time. I will need to make sure I get to the airport in plenty of time!

Oooo, I can't wait to see your pictures of the Beach Club!

Thanks for posting the stops for Magical Express. We are staying at the BW and I wasn't sure where we were in the list of stops. You have been very helpful today!

Old 11-09-2011, 03:48 PM   #52
Megablocks
DIS Veteran

Yayyyyyy you started!

I'm absolutely insane about packing. My packing lists are all itemized, and when we're flying, I have to put the stuff that goes in the suitcase separately from everything else. When I'm actually packing, I have to lay everything out, put a check mark next to that thing on my list, and then cross it off when it actually goes IN the suitcase. I do this literally one thing at a time. Take it out. Put it on the bed. Check it off on the list. Put it in the suitcase. Cross it off the list. Just a touch of OCD.

I cannot wait to hear about Beach Club. It became my dream resort when we took the bus there from DTD, trying to get to Epcot.

That's so cute about Luke and the pixie dust!

In the moments of our lives
Both the joyous and the tragic
If the truth is to be told
We are all pursuing magic

1994: CBR // 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004: POR // 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013: Pop Century
Next: May 2014, Pop Century!

Old 11-10-2011, 03:43 AM   #53
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

I love arrival day updates, the anticipation leading up to Disney, arriving at MCO

Luke is such a sweety, great shots of him with Goofy and Mickey statues Bless him that he checked to see if anyone was taking photos, not many kids do that

I can't believe you have 12 weeks to go, so exciting Sounds like everything is coming along just nicely too
Old 11-10-2011, 11:37 AM   #54
DisneyBoundinDec
DIS Veteran

I'm in! Sounds like a lovely start so far! And I totally agree with you about SW over AT.. I only fly SW

Luke is such an adorable boy!
Old 11-10-2011, 09:37 PM   #55
alabamagirl
I wish I may, I wish I might, on the first DOLE WHIP I see tonight

Enjoying your TR! I have ttrip planned in December and I will be almost 6 months pregnant. Interested to hear how your pregnancy affected the trip!
Old 11-11-2011, 06:19 AM   #56
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by photographymom517 View Post

What wonderful sights!

There is such a special feeling to the very beginning of a Disney trip!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:06 AM   #57
PopArtGal
Mushu's Best Gal Pal

I LOVE the pumpkin spice latte. I love everything relating to spices and pumpkin. Yet, I don't remember ever trying pumpkin pie hehe Yep, the lines at Starbucks can be long but they do go fast. I give praises to the workers there. They are efficient.

Awe Luke is so sweet. I love that picture of him looking out the window.

2014 (July) Contemporary -Concierge (Bay Lake View) 2013 (July) POR - 2012 (December) Contemporary -2012 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View), 2011 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View),2010 (July) Contemporary (MK View), 2010- (March) All-Star Music, 2009- Contemporary (MK View),2008- Port Orleans Riverside (July),2007- Port Orleans Riverside (May & December),2006 - All-Star Music (July),2004 - All-Star Music (May),2000 - Travelodge Maingate (April),1991 - Rodeway (On intl' drive),1987- Quality Inn,1985 - Sheraton
Old 11-11-2011, 02:23 PM   #58
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

There is nothing like that welcome at the Beach Club!!!!
Old 11-11-2011, 09:00 PM   #59
NikkiLovesWDW!
"Are you seeing an increase in lateral forces?" "Sure am!"

Great start, Hope!! I especially love Luke's description of what is on the floor of the bus! We train them so well!!
Old 11-16-2011, 07:02 AM   #60
photographymom517
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkermom76 View Post
I love arriving at the Orlando Airport... especially when I leave cold Canada and arrive in Hot Florida!!!

I am so jealous that you stayed at the BC and I can't wait to hear all about it!
I hear you there! My DH and I both got the app for The Weather Channel and have Orlando, FL saved under our "Favorite places"

I've been checking the weather down there -- last night when it was down to 42 here (cloudy and raining) it was 76 in Orlando and still sunny! I miss it so much already!!! I bet you do too!

I can't wait to tell you guys all about my experiences at the BC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Yay!!!! You are there now!
Yes Jen, after almost 2 whole months, I've finally written about 1/4 of our Arrival Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink9721 View Post
Yay you started!

I'm such a freak about that, especially when we go to Vermont. I have to check under all of the beds in the cabin, my closet, and behind every piece of furniture about five times I also have to keep checking every drawer in the bureau too. I don't know what I think I'm gonna find. My clothes aren't gonna crawl back out of my bag and into the drawer I also start my packing list like a month and a half early because I know the week before I go anywhere is always really busy. Then even though I've had the list for weeks I end up packing at like 9 PM the night before we leave If I didn't make those packing lists I'd never remember anything. I have no idea why but I have so much fun making my Disney packing lists. After we booked the trip last year I came home and booked the ADR's then started my packing list. I was all excited about it and my mom just kept looking at me like I was nuts

That's so cute about the pixie dust
Haha. Honestly, Christine, after I wrote that part of my report I thought to myself -- Hmmm, technically I just told a huge lie because even with my check marks on the packing list, I STILL check under the bed fifty times! So yeah, I totally understand why you do that at the cabin!

I think that my new philosophy with packing is going to be "wait until the last minute!" I know it must sound crazy, especially to those of you who know how OCD I am about everything, but I think I actually have less of a chance of forgetting something if I wait! I tend to forget what's already packed if I do it too early yet I completely stress out if I wait until the last second. Hmmm, I'm thinking I need to find a happy medium between the two!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephielela View Post
Yay! Thanks for waiting for me!!!

I think making kids carry their own bags is silly. I mean, yeah, if your child is old enough, by all means, but Jack couldn't carry his own. I know how you feel about Southwest vs. other airlines and I totally agree. They are so much happier!

I can't wait to read more!! I need to start my TR today...
No problem, thanks for giving me such a great excuse why I waited so long to start my TR!

Yes I was really annoyed with the "kids carry their own bags policy." I understand to an extent why they do it, but at the same time, I felt like the AirTran workers were just being slightly lazy. There were three or four workers standing at the podium. I don't understand why they couldn't just line everyone up & check their carry-ons as people boarded. That's what they did back in 2009 when we flew with them & no one had issues.

In 2009, they simply had 1 person standing at the podium to scan/check tickets and one person walking up & down the line checking carry-ons. They made an announcement prior to boarding asking that everyone stay in line with their party -- and then came through the line & counted bags. I would say things went very smoothly that time around!

This time, we didn't even line up. It was just like a massive "run to the counter" everytime they called a new zone number. I really think Southwest has things better managed! But you knew I was going to say that!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
Great update. Luke is just precious. How cute that he is sooo curious.

I had heard that AirTran boards early so I am glad you confirmed. We leave a week from Friday and are flying Air Tran for the first time. I will need to make sure I get to the airport in plenty of time!

Oooo, I can't wait to see your pictures of the Beach Club!

Thanks for posting the stops for Magical Express. We are staying at the BW and I wasn't sure where we were in the list of stops. You have been very helpful today!
Thank you

Luke was definitely asking millions of questions throughout the trip! I hope I remembered to write everything down! So far, I'm going off memory & haven't opened up my journal yet!

AirTran definitely boards early. They did for our flight and also for my parents. If I remember correctly, they also boarded early back in 2009 so make sure you leave enough time, especially if your airport is super busy or if you have an early flight! Our airport is tiny & it was super crowded!

I have tons of pictures of the Beach Club but need to upload them today before working on another update! My favorite part was walking to Epcot!!!

Glad I could help out with the bus stops on the Magical Express! BW is right in the middle and you may get there sooner if no one is going to PO or CBR!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megablocks View Post
Yayyyyyy you started!

I'm absolutely insane about packing. My packing lists are all itemized, and when we're flying, I have to put the stuff that goes in the suitcase separately from everything else. When I'm actually packing, I have to lay everything out, put a check mark next to that thing on my list, and then cross it off when it actually goes IN the suitcase. I do this literally one thing at a time. Take it out. Put it on the bed. Check it off on the list. Put it in the suitcase. Cross it off the list. Just a touch of OCD.

I cannot wait to hear about Beach Club. It became my dream resort when we took the bus there from DTD, trying to get to Epcot.

That's so cute about Luke and the pixie dust!
Meghan I think we need to share packing lists!!!

I have my checked bag and carry on separated on my list too! I actually have bold titles at the top that lists each person's bags...and then underneath I write what goes inside that bag. I also am not sure if I included this or not, but I take pictures of everything as I put it in the suitcases. It's a good way to remember what I've packed plus it makes me feel better about giving someone else my suitcase to take care of! You have no idea how hard it is to give them my suitcase & trust that it will get there. I definitely live by the motto "If you want something done right, do it yourself" and it's sooooo hard to give up control with things like this!

The BEST part about staying at the BC is the walkway to Epcot!!! Wait until you read about it!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: