Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2013, 10:32 AM   #676
alhurricane
DisDads #733

Quote:
Originally Posted by pktbMouse
oh gosh..I have been reading through this thread and feeling a bit left out here..we dont have one single ADR. Truth be told we cant afford to make one either as the budget is sooo tight this year. We will be flying by the seat of our pants this time. Is anyone actually going without ADRs?
The kids have said they would like to eat at the T rex cafe so we are making sure we do that as a definite but other than that we will just be eating at what ever place takes our fancy at that time I guess.
We are the same way with ADRs. Hard to justify the price when there are so many other ways to meet the characters. I've had a hard time trying to include one in our budget. For now we have decided to skip them.
alhurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:08 PM   #677
RyMacJ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pktbMouse View Post
I found out what it is....Star wars weekend!! May the 4th be with you!
Star Wars weekends aren't until later in the month. And also wouldn't have much of an effect on MK, just DHS, I think. I think May 4th is simply a better day to be at other parks because of it being a Saturday, show times, EMH hours wherever they are, etc. Josh at EasyWDW usually explains it pretty well.

This is our arrival day and I will be in the MK anyway! But we won't get in until around 4, so we will probably go for just a few hours and get one Land out of the way (likely Tommorrowland) and eat dinner. I just can't fathom introducing my girls to WDW anyway but with a first glimpse of the castle.

Offisite April 1987**Treehouse Villas June 1993**Offsite July 1998**POFQ (DisneyMoon) May 2007**AoA Nemo Suite May 2013

Planning for June or July 2015 at CBR!

Me DH DD6 DD5
RyMacJ is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2013, 02:25 PM   #678
hsmamainva
DIS Veteran

Yep...Star Wars Weekends don't begin until the weekend of May 17-18-19

It's never too late to have a happy childhood!

Planning Trip #6!

hsmamainva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:38 PM   #679
KangaT
DramaMama

KangaT and company will be there 23-30 May. The crew will consist of DH, DMIL, 2 out of 3 DSs and one boy's girlfriend. She's not quite the Disneyholic that the rest of us are, but we're working on her! And dear friend Katie, a Disney intern, will be taking a night off to join us. Already vibrating with excitement! Oldest DS will be celebrating college graduation and DH will have his birthday while we're there! Must - not - explode!!!!

Whoops! Forgot to say we'll be at CBR - a family favorite. Anyone else?

90 honeymoon
95, 98, 01, 04, 07 w/kids & rents
09 w/DH & MIL
2nd honeymoon/20 years in 2010
Off-property w/DH in 11
DS grad. college, wants WDW w/fam! 5/13

Last edited by KangaT; 02-18-2013 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Adding
KangaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:32 PM   #680
amybaud
Earning My Ears

I'm officially in for May 18-26. Working on my final payment and just booked flights!! We are staying at POR for the first time! I'm so exited. Didn't think we were going to fly, but we are!! Which let me sneak in an extra day!!

Me DH DS7

7/96 - CBR, 8/97 - off-site, 9/10 - AKL, 5/13 - POR
amybaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:38 PM   #681
A Belle Among Beasts
Earning My Ears

Cautiously joining this thread. We're waiting on final approval for vacation time at work (crazy making!!) but we're shooting for May 5-10. No kids, just the two of us. Neither DH nor I have been so this should be interesting LOL! The trip will be our birthday presents to each other as well as our anniversary gift. Birthdays, 5th and 22nd, anniversary 11th. I'm so tempted to ask for buttons, but worried it may be poor form since only 1 birthday falls in our dates.

We'll be staying at ASMu and winging the food thing. DH is super picky and I just can't seem to find TS places that have food he'll for sure enjoy. I've looked, but never seen an answer about how the restaurants are about substitutions/leaving things off. No sauce, no veggies, mashed or fries, nothing weird...it is hard LOL! I'm assuming it won't be any bigger deal at Disney than any other sit down place.

Sorry...rambling. I'm so stinkin' excited!!
A Belle Among Beasts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:27 PM   #682
pktbMouse
What you dont know is that each Mickey mouse hat you buy is a mind controlling device..this is how they get families to overspend on food and souvenirs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Belle Among Beasts View Post
Cautiously joining this thread. We're waiting on final approval for vacation time at work (crazy making!!) but we're shooting for May 5-10. No kids, just the two of us. Neither DH nor I have been so this should be interesting LOL! The trip will be our birthday presents to each other as well as our anniversary gift. Birthdays, 5th and 22nd, anniversary 11th. I'm so tempted to ask for buttons, but worried it may be poor form since only 1 birthday falls in our dates.

We'll be staying at ASMu and winging the food thing. DH is super picky and I just can't seem to find TS places that have food he'll for sure enjoy. I've looked, but never seen an answer about how the restaurants are about substitutions/leaving things off. No sauce, no veggies, mashed or fries, nothing weird...it is hard LOL! I'm assuming it won't be any bigger deal at Disney than any other sit down place.

Sorry...rambling. I'm so stinkin' excited!!
ASMu here too...fingers crossed for you!!! ( 5 - 11th here) If I were you I would definity ask for buttons as you will still be kind of celebrating both...heres hoping you will hear soon

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
pktbMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:59 PM   #683
wdwislife
DIS Veteran

Hello all! Joining in on this thread because today I was accepted into the Disney College Program for Fall Advantage with a May 27th check-in date! I'll likely be flying down a few days earlier. I'll keep you guys posted with my dates/hotels!

WDW TRIPS Feb 2000: offsite | Feb 2002: offsite/yacht club | Feb 2004: offsite | Feb 2006: offsite | Feb 2008: offsite/boardwalk | Feb 2010: Contemporary/offsite | Dec 2010: SUPRISE TRIP at the POP! | Feb 2012: offsite/all-star movies | May 2013: POFQ | Aug 2013: AKL | Sept 2013: FW Cabins | Nov 2013: YC | Dec 2013: CBR | March 2014: Offsite | DL TRIPS Aug 2008: offsite | July 2009: offsite | Aug 2011: offsite | DCL TRIPS Aug 2012: 4 Day Canada/NE, Disney Magic | DLP TRIPS Dec 2012: Sequoia Lodge |
wdwislife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:09 PM   #684
rachallyy
Earning My Ears

Joining!

Our trip is booked, last minute it appears after reading this thread lol, for 5/23-5/28/13. So excited! I"m more excited than my family since I"m the only one who has been before so I know all the magic we have to look forward to:

Booked at AOA the full 5 nights!
rachallyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:27 AM   #685
momto2greatkids
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=tngal;47523180]Just wanted to say hi! we will be at POR royal rooms as well may 27-31!

Got you added!

[QUOTE=lady and the mouse;47524731]Hey yall! Havent been on in a while but with a cruise and May trip coming up I couldn't resist! Our family will be going May 3-10 staying at Bonnet Creek.

Got you added too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angc77 View Post
So excited, POR April 27 to May 3!!!!
Got you added!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi5826 View Post
Just found out today we will be going for sure May 4th through 12th! Had to go somewhere to shout it from the roof tops!!
I don't blame you! I shout it quite a bit. Got you added!

[QUOTE=amytech;47539251]Can we be added to the list too?

Dh and I are planning our first couple-only trip May 8th-14th to celebrate our 26th wedding anniversary. We are so excited!

Our son is currently in the college program at Disney so we get to see him too while visiting! Win-win for this mom!

How cool is that! I've got you added!

[QUOTE=pktbMouse;47542089]ADD ME ADD ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEHAAA!!!

I love to see someone as excited as me!!! I've got you added!

[QUOTE=KangaT;47545993]KangaT and company will be there 23-30 May.

Got you added too!
[QUOTE=amybaud;47546618]I'm officially in for May 18-26. Working on my final payment and just booked flights!! We are staying at POR

Got you added! We will be there at the POR at the same time!

[QUOTE=A Belle Among Beasts;47547427]Cautiously joining this thread. We're waiting on final approval for vacation time at work (crazy making!!) but we're shooting for May 5-10. I'm so stinkin' excited!!

I hope everything gets approved! I've added you to the list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwislife View Post
Hello all! Joining in on this thread because today I was accepted into the Disney College Program for Fall Advantage with a May 27th check-in date! I'll likely be flying down a few days earlier. I'll keep you guys posted with my dates/hotels!
Congrats and I'm a little jealous. Of course I'm too old for the college thing, but that would be awesome to do!

[QUOTE=rachallyy;47550960]Joining!

Got you added!

momto2greatkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:29 AM   #686
momto2greatkids
Mouseketeer

Just had to say....

I'm doing my 80's dance!!! 88 days to go!

momto2greatkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:46 AM   #687
amytech
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwislife View Post
Congratulations! Our son is currently in the Disney College program through the summer and absolutely loves it!
'05 All Star Music,
'07-'12 offsite trips,
May '13-POFQ, Aug. '13 BC
May '14- BC
amytech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:53 AM   #688
AJ1983
DIS Veteran

Just changed my reservations, now at Pop from May 7-11, as we are going to spend our first night onsite at Universal. Had the discount applied, standard pool view room for 4 nights, $475, taxes in. The Universal hotel is my big splurge for my 30th birthday - doing it solely for FOTL access.

76 days until my vacation!! We are definitely doing one full day at each of MK and DHS. Wondering whether or not to buy PH and try to fit in all three parks in 3 days...wondering whether or not we even want to do EPCOT or AK, maybe another day at MK?

First world problems. haha

AJ1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:24 PM   #689
SJSloan
Earning My Ears

Hello everyone!

Don't think I have posted here yet as I didn't see my name on the list.

But my family (myself, DH, DSD7, DSS5, and DSS5) are visiting our favorite place (Disney of course) May 26th - June 1. We are staying at POR.

I am a Disney veteran, spent many nights in CR with a MK view , thanks to the many basketball tournaments held in FL.

We took a trip with the step-kids in July 2011 but we only went for 2 days, MK and AK (stayed off-site). It was their and DH's first trip. Last year DH and I spent our Honeymoon at Disney and stayed at Bonnet Creek. I think I have converted him!

Anyways, this will be our first on-site, full on Disney vacation. We are so excited!! 95 days to go!!

|1997 - 2002 - CR| 2011 - Off-site| 2012 - Honeymoon @ Bonnet Creek| 2013 POR| 2015 - CBR or POR|

SJSloan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:02 PM   #690
LoKiHB
Mouseketeer

Villas @ Wilderness Lodge, our oldest boy's 7th Birthday and First Star Wars Weekend 5/20 -5/27!

"Come to the Dark Side. We have cookies"
LoKiHB is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: