Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2013, 02:25 PM   #481
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Just booked my yearly trip to WDW on Tuesday! I am going to be there from May 9 - May 16th. May extend it a day tho. I am doing my first stay at POR because I've heard wonderful things about it and I REALLY want a hotel with a hot tub!

I've done the Grand Floridian, AKL, and ASMu. It will be nice to see how a moderate works for me. I didn't mind ASMu, since I really only need a bed when I am WDW, but this time I want to relax a little more and I have a special friend coming to stay with me a couple of nights.

I've only made two ADR's right now... I am following a tradition, my first dinner is at Via Napoli in Epcot. It has THE BEST food since my Italian mother was alive.

My company is sending me to a user conference at the Orlando Marriott right before this, so I driving down (from Atlanta) and extending my stay to include my vacation. Best thing is the company will be paying for my travel! I am probably going to hit Busch Gardens for one day before I go to Disney.

I'm so excited that I told my co-workers I will probably be insufferable for the next 112 days.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:39 AM   #482
Albion218
Mouseketeer

Just booked yesterday! May 10-16. We have Le Cellier, BOG, Sci-Fi, Coral Reef, and Liberty Tree Tavern ADRs. I am so excited!
Albion218 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2013, 07:44 PM   #483
Niewoe
Mouseketeer

Not to bring the FastPass+ conversation/debate to this thread (I really have had my fill of the endless speculation on other threads, well, for now anyway), but has anyone heard if this will impact our May vacations? Will we just have to wait and see what happens at the 60 day window?? Just wanted to see if anyone had any inside info or thoughts on the subject.

DVC members since 7/12

Disney Surprise (DS at age 3) best part is at the end... if you've never seen a kid not want to go to disney world, it's worth your time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjDvh5vxhh8
Niewoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:54 AM   #484
DisNikki
Mouseketeer

Add me please! After lots of debate on dates and whether my parents would be joining us or not (they're not) we've finally booked today! May 24th-June 2nd at CSR!

- Several trips as a child (off-site, Poly twice)
- 3/26-4/3/11 with FIL, BIL and his family - a total of 9 people! Stayed off-site at Orange Lake North Village
- Planning a trip for 5/24-6/3/2013, staying at CSR

DisNikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:58 PM   #485
KUFamily
Earning My Ears

Add us in! We are booked BC CL May 25- June 8. The count down is on...only 125 days to go! If y'all are anything like me the wait seems almost unbearable! Thank goodness for the DIS- somewhere we can all talk about our trips without driving our non Disney loving friends nuts!!!
KUFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:39 PM   #486
ohmslaw
Earning My Ears

Add my family of 5 in also! May12-22 @ POR. Working on ADR's and scheduling.
ohmslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:32 AM   #487
Busy Busy
DIS Veteran

We will be at POR from May 20th - June 2nd.

1978 - Disneyland
1997 - WDW - Dixie Landings & Disneyland
2006 - Hong Kong Disney
2009 - Disneyland - Paradise Pier
2011 - WDW - Wilderness Lodge
Busy Busy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:08 AM   #488
nooneshome
but us dis shutins-send help or APs

Still hoping for FD and the other stars to align.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:25 AM   #489
RooRach0906
"Oh Goody, Horray!"

Trying to decide which water park would be best for a 3 year old and two adults, any suggestions? The then 3 year old is pretty adventurous, she did Barnstormer in Dec and loved it! She is currently 35 1/4 inches tall. We adults would like to make sure we can stay together majority of the time.

On our weigh and bringing Tagalongs ~ Sept 2014 PTR ~
RooRach0906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:27 PM   #490
cmoran81
Earning My Ears

Doing the HAPPY DANCE!!!

Was originally returning to WDW in November for Thanksgiving break but my husband promised my goddaughter that we would be visiting their family in AZ so I was thinking that our trip had gotten scrapped. When talking about it with the hubby, he said it was definitely still on but had to find another date that would work for both of us...so we decided on a short trip to get our Disney fix for 2013. We will be staying at Coronado Springs from May 25th (hubby's birthday) until May 28th. A short trip, but hopefully enough to get us through the year

So happy to be going at all!!!

Time to change the Ticker!!!
Old 01-20-2013, 02:36 PM   #491
Aimster08
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmslaw
Add my family of 5 in also! May12-22 @ POR. Working on ADR's and scheduling.
We should be there at the same time! We are checking in may 14 through may 19 por royal room
Aimster08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:30 PM   #492
lnhstl
Earning My Ears

You can officially add me!! DH, twin DD's (age 7), and I are going to be staying at the Polynesian May 15-20th. This will be DH's and I first trip since we were kids in the 80's. I am sooooooo excited!

DH - WDW 1986 - offsite
Me - WDW 1987 - offsite
DHMeTwin DD's - WDW - May 2013 - Poly
lnhstl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:53 AM   #493
disneycat321
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
Hi!

How exciting! DW and I stayed at POR for her 40th birthday and loved it! Such a nice resort! It was on that trip we bought DVC so we now stay at DVC resorts but we love the atmosphere at POR.

Congrats re 3 years! Some lovely dining ressies! We didnt get BOG either but like you will do lunch. We saw it in the fantasyland review before it opened in November. Wow! It is beautiful! Welcome! :-)
Thank you! It's nice to be here!!
Disneyland Annual Passholders
disneycat321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:47 AM   #494
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckers View Post
Just booked my yearly trip to WDW on Tuesday! I am going to be there from May 9 - May 16th. May extend it a day tho. I am doing my first stay at POR because I've heard wonderful things about it and I REALLY want a hotel with a hot tub!

I've done the Grand Floridian, AKL, and ASMu. It will be nice to see how a moderate works for me. I didn't mind ASMu, since I really only need a bed when I am WDW, but this time I want to relax a little more and I have a special friend coming to stay with me a couple of nights.

I've only made two ADR's right now... I am following a tradition, my first dinner is at Via Napoli in Epcot. It has THE BEST food since my Italian mother was alive.

My company is sending me to a user conference at the Orlando Marriott right before this, so I driving down (from Atlanta) and extending my stay to include my vacation. Best thing is the company will be paying for my travel! I am probably going to hit Busch Gardens for one day before I go to Disney.

I'm so excited that I told my co-workers I will probably be insufferable for the next 112 days.

We always do our first dinner at VN, too!
t_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:49 AM   #495
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

Pretty sure I've posted my dates, but I forgot all about our ADR's! Ack! Here they are! PTR is in my sig, if anyone wants to read.

7th (Arrival Day!)

Dinner- Via Napoli
6:20

8th

Breakfast- Ohana BFB
8:05 AM

Dinner- V&A
6 pm- Main Dining Room

9th
Dinner- 1900 PF Cinderella Character Meal
6:00 pm

10th
Dinner- BOG
6:00

Dinner- Sanaa
6:35

Breakfast Akershus-
8:35 am

Lunch- Gardenview Tea Room
2:40 pm

13- (Leaving Day. Crying buckets into my Jungle Juice....)
Boma breakfast
8 am
t_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: