Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2013, 01:53 PM   #466
t_daniels
They'll NEVER be replaced
Does it make all the boy mooses go BWAH!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Rouselings
Our Plans!!

Leave our home on Saturday, May 4th drive 5hrs to Portland Me. Overnight in Portland at the Fireside Inn. Depart for Orlando at 10am on Sunday May 5th, with a layover in Newark and arrive at Orlando International at 4:30. We are on the DDP (Deluxe).......

Sunday, May 5th:

Late supper Chef Mickeys 8:00pm

Monday, May 6th ANIMAL KINGDOM

8am Tusker House
5pm Rainforest Cafe

Tuesday, May 7th HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS

8am Hollywood and Vine
5pm Mama Melrose's Fantasmic Package for the 9pm show

Wednesday, May 8th EPCOT

8am Cape May Beach Club
12:50 Teppan Edo
5:50 Garden Grill

Thursday, May 9th

8:05 Cinderella's Royal Table
4:00 Be Our Guest

We are hoping to get Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party Ressies this night

Friday, May 10th

9am Ohana
5:45 Liberty Tree Tavern
Oo, we overlap. This reminds me , I need to put my dates up here!
t_daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:25 PM   #467
AkShqipMom
Earning My Ears

Booked the Hotel!!!!

Well, I just booked the All Star Movies Resort! Check in 5/23, check out 5/29!!!! I got killer deal through work so I already have park tickets for DW and US..

I'm getting so excited! We will also have the time to go to Universal Studios.
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2013, 04:58 PM   #468
3Rouselings
Planning our second trip for May 2013!

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_daniels View Post
Oo, we overlap. This reminds me , I need to put my dates up here!
Woo Hoo!! You never know we may cross paths!
3Rouselings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:17 PM   #469
corneredbycorn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by corneredbycorn
Howdy! Can I join in?

My husband and I will be in the World from May 12-17. It's our last adults only trip, our anniversary trip, and we will be staying at the Beach Club.
Making a change! We've decided to stay at the Boardwalk instead of Beach Club!

corneredbycorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:34 AM   #470
sunnydays28
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydays28 View Post
I'm in! We will be going early-mid May, probably the 2nd-11th, to celebrate our daughter's 5th birthday a little early. (Is it "OK" or rude for her to wear a button and get treated like she is a birthday girl that week since it is a birthday gift/celebration?)

Anything I should be particularly aware of in May?
What are the crowds like then?
When does the MK expansion open? Do you think it will have an affect on the crowds?
Posted this almost a year ago, figured it was time to come back and update....

We got the official approval for vacation time at work today, Whooooooo HOOOOOOOO! I have done all the research and prep, so just have to call in with our deposit info today.

As of right now we are staying at AoA Lion King suite May 9-13, POR May 13-17, heading to the beach for 2 days after that. Birthday celebration kicks off May 11 with breakfast at the Castle. (<----- that's me, not her, she doesn't know we are going yet)
sunnydays28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:55 AM   #471
disneycat321
Mouseketeer

Hi! I'm new here!

I am SO excited to be posting on this thread!

DH and I are all booked for May 11-21 at POR! We thought we'd have to go value this time because of money, but with the spring discount we are able to stay in the resort we loved so much on our honeymoon! We are so incredibly excited!

Our story... we live in Southern California and have been Disneyland annual passholders for a few years now. All of our best memories - our first date, first kiss, first Valentine's Day, times with our closest friends - have been at Disneyland. We didn't get engaged at Disneyland, but hey, we went there right afterwards! So it only seemed right that we'd honeymoon in Disney World!

We got married June 12, 2010 and spent our honeymoon (June 13-20) at the World, staying at POR. We never dreamed that we would be coming back so soon!! I'd always thought we wouldn't be able to make it back for many years, definitely not until we had kids, but here we are - another trip for just the two of us before kids come along. We will be celebrating our 3rd anniversary (a bit early, haha).

Anyway, we are SOOOO excited!! We haven't told too many people we're going, so it's nice to be able to share our excitement on here!!

We've made our ADRs - even though this trip was sort of last minute compared to a lot of you (just booked a week ago!) we were able to get everything we wanted except BOG, but we expected that. We'll just go there for a QS lunch. We'll be eating at:
Liberty Tree Tavern
Teppan Edo
Whispering Canyon Cafe (a favorite from last time)
Le Cellier (another favorite! Disappointed that it's 2 meal credits this time, though!)
50's Prime Time (probably my absolute favorite)
Via Napoli (wasn't open last time, but we love pizza!)
'Ohana (mmmm I have been craving those dumplings and noodles for almost 3 years..)
Sci Fi (SO excited to try this!!)
Nine Dragons (Has mixed reviews, but we love Chinese and World Showcase is our favorite place at the World!)

Anyway, this post is super long but I am just really excited (if that wasn't obvious!)

117 days!!
Disneyland Annual Passholders
disneycat321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:48 AM   #472
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycat321
Hi! I'm new here!

I am SO excited to be posting on this thread!

DH and I are all booked for May 11-21 at POR! We thought we'd have to go value this time because of money, but with the spring discount we are able to stay in the resort we loved so much on our honeymoon! We are so incredibly excited!

Our story... we live in Southern California and have been Disneyland annual passholders for a few years now. All of our best memories - our first date, first kiss, first Valentine's Day, times with our closest friends - have been at Disneyland. We didn't get engaged at Disneyland, but hey, we went there right afterwards! So it only seemed right that we'd honeymoon in Disney World!

We got married June 12, 2010 and spent our honeymoon (June 13-20) at the World, staying at POR. We never dreamed that we would be coming back so soon!! I'd always thought we wouldn't be able to make it back for many years, definitely not until we had kids, but here we are - another trip for just the two of us before kids come along. We will be celebrating our 3rd anniversary (a bit early, haha).

Anyway, we are SOOOO excited!! We haven't told too many people we're going, so it's nice to be able to share our excitement on here!!

We've made our ADRs - even though this trip was sort of last minute compared to a lot of you (just booked a week ago!) we were able to get everything we wanted except BOG, but we expected that. We'll just go there for a QS lunch. We'll be eating at:
Liberty Tree Tavern
Teppan Edo
Whispering Canyon Cafe (a favorite from last time)
Le Cellier (another favorite! Disappointed that it's 2 meal credits this time, though!)
50's Prime Time (probably my absolute favorite)
Via Napoli (wasn't open last time, but we love pizza!)
'Ohana (mmmm I have been craving those dumplings and noodles for almost 3 years..)
Sci Fi (SO excited to try this!!)
Nine Dragons (Has mixed reviews, but we love Chinese and World Showcase is our favorite place at the World!)

Anyway, this post is super long but I am just really excited (if that wasn't obvious!)

117 days!!
Hi!

How exciting! DW and I stayed at POR for her 40th birthday and loved it! Such a nice resort! It was on that trip we bought DVC so we now stay at DVC resorts but we love the atmosphere at POR.

Congrats re 3 years! Some lovely dining ressies! We didnt get BOG either but like you will do lunch. We saw it in the fantasyland review before it opened in November. Wow! It is beautiful! Welcome! :-)
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 2008, Saratoga The Springs 2009, Saratoga The Springs 2010, Saratoga The Paddocks 2011, Disney Dream 2011, Saratoga The Grandstand 2012, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL Kidani Village 2013, Saratoga 2013 , VWL 2013, Disney Dream 2013, ASMu 2014, Saratoga 2014, AKV 2014, BCV 2014, Disney Dream 2014, VGF 2014

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:10 PM   #473
3Rouselings

We just made our final payment this morning - trip is PAID Doing a happy dance.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:36 PM   #474
DisneyMardiGras
Earning My Ears

May trip

Staying at POFQ from May 27th - June 2nd after a few days at USF.
Can't Wait!!

DisneyMardiGras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:51 AM   #475
Cynt
DIS Veteran

May 18-25 - Wyndham Bonnett Creek

Count us in! Family of 10 - DAd, Mom and mom's husband, me, 3 sisters, one brother in law and a niece and nephew. We arrive at Wyndham Bonnett Creek May 18 - 25, 2013 - two 2 bdrm condos.

Anybody else toy with the idea of staying onsite due to the Spring promotion? I ran the numbers again and again. Staying at a value we just about break even. Our deciding factor was comfort.

It's my 1st time offsite and I'm a little nervous. If I don't like it at least I can say I tried it.
April 2011 - POP - Girl's Getway
May 2013 - WBC - FAMILY TRIP!!
Cynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:28 AM   #476
Niewoe
Mouseketeer

ADRs :)

Hi all!! I think I've got our plan all set, but would love any feedback/ideas... We're staying at BWV and here's what I have so far:

5/4: Arrival; EP; Dinner, Garden Grill
5/5: HS; Breakfast, Hollywood & Vine
5/6: AK; Dinner, Sanaa (This is new to us, any advice on getting a window seat? Do I request it earlier or when we show up to our ressie? )
5/7: MK; Lunch Crystal Palace (New to us)
5/8: EP; More family arrives; Dinner R&C (New to us)
5/9: AK; Lunch Tusker House
5/10: MK; Dinner BOG (new new new!!)
5/11: HS; Dinner Coral Reef (New to us, Same questions as Sanaa )
5/12: Hop; Breakfast Cape May Cafe (This is new, too... any thoughts? I'm on the fence with this one... lots of mixed reviews out there. Thought we would get breakfast and then hop to different parks. )
5/13: Hop; Breakfast Chef Mickey; Dinner Tony's
5/14: Departure - No ressies; probably shop away my depression at DTD

Thoughts? Ideas? We're not really rope drop people, but may attempt getting to some EMH. My core family is myself, DH, and DS(5). We stay for the duration of the trip, and my extended family (4 adults) will be joining us on 5/8. So some ressies are 3 and some are 7 (they depart on 5/13).

Even though this is not our first trip to the world, this is our first trip in May, as DVC, and at the BWV. The world is my home away from home, but I'm very excited to continue to try lots of new things!! (And I'm loving this thread!!!! Everyone is so positive and helpful!!)

DVC members since 7/12

Disney Surprise (DS at age 3) best part is at the end... if you've never seen a kid not want to go to disney world, it's worth your time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjDvh5vxhh8
Niewoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:54 AM   #477
Grandmaof2
Mouseketeer

We (myself, Daughter, Granddaughter and Grandson)have our reservations made (May 4th-12th) . My daughter will be staying at CBR and I will be at POP which I have already posted about. I wanted to tell you of our Dinner reservations.

Saturday Dinner - Chef Mickey
Sunday Dinner - My daughter and grandson will be at Sci-Fi Diner and myself and granddaughter (very picky eater) will be a probably getting a Quick Service Meal.
Monday Dinner - My daughter and granddaughter will be at Norway' Princess Dinner and myself and grandson will be at Garden Grill.
Tuesday Dinner - Be My Guest
Wednesday Breakfast - Ohana
Thursday Dinner - Boma
Friday Breakfast- Cinderella's Table ( I leave for home Friday and my daughter leaves Sunday Morning. )
Friday Dinner - T-Rex
Saturday Dinner - Rose and Crown

Really excited about this trip!!!!
Grandmaof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:02 AM   #478
RyMacJ
DIS Veteran

I see there are a few of us going around the same time, and we must have all been using easy WDW to plan ou park days. I think I've mentioned my plans before, but I will also be arriving at the world May 4th, like the previous two posters!

Arrive May 4th, no dinner reservations. We'll go over to MK, because I can't NOT do MK on arrival day. But we'll take it easy, and maybe just go through Tomorrowland and eat at Cosmic Ray's. We may ride the monorail loop and check out the Poly, etc., b/c we've never been in any of those.

May 5th, HS day. We have ressies at 50's Prime Time for dinner

May 6th, water park day. We'll do Typhoon Lagoon, because we like it better and it will take us longer. Then we'll head over to the Boardwalk and walk around. We have dinner ressies for Cape May at the Beach Club.

May 7th, MK day. Ressies at BBB for my girls and dinner ressies at CRT, woo hoo!

May 8th, Epcot day. Dinner ressies at San Angel Inn for my MIL who LOVES Mexican food.

May 9th, AK day. B'fast ressies at Tusker House. No dinner ressies this night. We might pop over to DTD and eat a CS, or if we're too tired we'll just head back to AoA and eat dinner at LoF.

May 10th, we'll use the AM to do the few things we like at Blizzard Beach, because we have the water park add on. Then we'll head over to MK for our last night, and we have dinner ressies at Crystal Palace.

May 11th, go home If we didn't make it to DTD Thursday night, we might head over for a couple hours before we drive home so the girls can see it.

Our trip feels so close, yet so, so far away!

offsite 1987
TreeHouse Villas 1993
offsite 1998
Port Orleans FQ (DisneyMoon) 2007
AoA Nemo suite, May 2013

*hopeful for POR in 2016!*

Me DH DD6 DD4
RyMacJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:43 PM   #479
3Rouselings

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1983 View Post
We will be there for a part of the time you are (May 6-11), and we are debating between POP and AoA. To be exact, I am debating...DBF really could care less. To be fair, he does NOT know that the AoA room is Little Mermaid, I just told him its a brand new hotel, which appeals to him haha

However, when we were thinking of going last year, AoA was not open, and we both though Pop was really cool. We can still visit there even if we decide not to stay.
We are there at the same time May 5-11 staying at A0A!!
Old 01-17-2013, 01:14 PM   #480
Niewoe
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyMacJ View Post
I see there are a few of us going around the same time, and we must have all been using easy WDW to plan ou park days.
I hope using easy WDW doesn't change the predictions! It's all about chance, I guess... and tour groups!

DVC members since 7/12

Disney Surprise (DS at age 3) best part is at the end... if you've never seen a kid not want to go to disney world, it's worth your time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjDvh5vxhh8
Niewoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: