Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2012, 03:53 PM   #406
tinkerbell1984
Mouseketeer

5/19 - 5/25

Weren't going to go in 2013, was actually planning on holding out till October 2014...(our last trip was in Feb 2012)....But I booked in during a bold moment and we are super excited!!! My son turns 7 May 19. And my daughter will be 4.

We are staying at POR. We have NEVER stayed Moderate before and I searched these forums for comparisons and had the toughest time deciding. We've stayed at Music, Pop, and Sports, so this is a big step up for us. Almost stayed at Movies, but with the Disney Visa discount, POR was only like $200 more total. So why not? Kids are looking forward to the water slides. Hope I made the right moderate choice!

Also, we've never been in May before. We always go at down times (Feb or early Dec). How is May crowd wise?
tinkerbell1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:55 AM   #407
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyWife7
Please add us!

This was a very spur-of-the-moment trip for us. DH and I are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary next month and had been planning something big for just the two of us...somewhere exotic; somewhere we have never been. We finally sat down this week to seriously discuss our 2nd honeymoon. By the end of our conversation, we're going back to Disney and bringing DD5 and DD3 with us. We just can't stay away.

We'll be there May 28th through June 3rd at Shades of Green. Our last few trips have been in Jan so May is new to us. I'm hoping it's not too crowded compared to what I'm used to. This was the only time we could find with school schedules and dance recital.
Congrats re 10 year anniversary! What a wonderful trip with your family. We have been at the end of May and the weather was just the best we did not find the crowds too bad at all but then again I am always happy to just sit and soak up the atmosphere of Disney I just love being there :-) enjoy!
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-31-2012, 01:01 AM   #408
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

Quote:
Originally Posted by danicaca
I have a Disney bin that is already full... I actually took pics of it, they are in my PTR! Got some cute light saber candy yesterday on clearance...yeah the addiction just does not stop, and hubby just rolls his eyes!
Just looked at your pic of your bin loving it! We have one just the same but we dont have the excuse of kids lol just me & DW! We are cruising also later on in the year so got another FE bin on the go. When we see things suitable we buy things and just add them to our FE box.
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:56 AM   #409
household6
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyWife7
Please add us!

This was a very spur-of-the-moment trip for us. DH and I are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary next month and had been planning something big for just the two of us...somewhere exotic; somewhere we have never been. We finally sat down this week to seriously discuss our 2nd honeymoon. By the end of our conversation, we're going back to Disney and bringing DD5 and DD3 with us. We just can't stay away.

We'll be there May 28th through June 3rd at Shades of Green. Our last few trips have been in Jan so May is new to us. I'm hoping it's not too crowded compared to what I'm used to. This was the only time we could find with school schedules and dance recital.
We'll be at Shades of Green at the same time (May 27-June 4) with 2 little girls too, 7 and 3 1/2. And I'm an Army wife too.

We went mid to late May in 2010 and loved it. Now that we have one in school we're going a little later, but we're hoping it's just as nice.
household6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:04 PM   #410
momto2greatkids
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell1984 View Post
5/19 - 5/25

Weren't going to go in 2013, was actually planning on holding out till October 2014...(our last trip was in Feb 2012)....But I booked in during a bold moment and we are super excited!!! My son turns 7 May 19. And my daughter will be 4.

We are staying at POR. We have NEVER stayed Moderate before and I searched these forums for comparisons and had the toughest time deciding. We've stayed at Music, Pop, and Sports, so this is a big step up for us. Almost stayed at Movies, but with the Disney Visa discount, POR was only like $200 more total. So why not? Kids are looking forward to the water slides. Hope I made the right moderate choice!

Also, we've never been in May before. We always go at down times (Feb or early Dec). How is May crowd wise?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyWife7 View Post
Please add us!

I've got you both added! May is a great time to visit. Not too hot and the crowds are not that bad. It gets a little crowded for Star Wars Weekends, but it's still not as bad as other times of the year.

momto2greatkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:48 PM   #411
ArmyWife7
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by household6 View Post
We'll be at Shades of Green at the same time (May 27-June 4) with 2 little girls too, 7 and 3 1/2. And I'm an Army wife too.

We went mid to late May in 2010 and loved it. Now that we have one in school we're going a little later, but we're hoping it's just as nice.
Very cool! I bet we'll pass at some point in the hotel. I'll be the one with the whining girls. I swore after last year's trip that they would be teenagers before we took them again. How quickly we forget.

Here's hoping to perfect weather and crowd levels!
Old 12-31-2012, 08:51 PM   #412
ArmyWife7
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
Congrats re 10 year anniversary! What a wonderful trip with your family. We have been at the end of May and the weather was just the best we did not find the crowds too bad at all but then again I am always happy to just sit and soak up the atmosphere of Disney I just love being there :-) enjoy!
Thank you! It's actually a joke between us that the only reason we made it this long is because we have never lived together for longer than a few months. It will be interesting when he retires this summer.

I look forward to counting down the days with everyone until May. I'll have to find the group on FB.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:07 PM   #413
OmegaWife5
Earning My Ears

Quote:
5/19 - 5/25

Hi there! Looks like our families will be there at the same time! I plan on decorating our door and window and will have a little board where people and fellow DISmembers can sign and say hello so please feel free to do so I'm super geeked now!

Anisha (me), the SAHM and planner DH, the provider and go get'er DD8, the reason that makes it worthwhile
OmegaWife5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:34 PM   #414
WILDERNESS FAN 55
CANNOT GET ENOUGH

Quote:
5/19 - 5/25

Have stayed at POR 3 times (once when it was still called Dixie Landings) and I love it. Great quiet pools along with the main pool. Love the boat to DTD also. We'll be at WDW from the 18th-26th over at OKW (1st stay there) Only drawback to DVC ownership is not staying at places like POR-CBR as much .But we are at Disney so all is well Enjoy your trip !

Off site 72-76-76-77-78(MM 50th b-day) 79-81-82-85-86 FW-84-86-88-90-90-91-92-95-96
Poly 87 GF 88 CR 90 CBR 91-06-10
Disney Inn 93 ASM 95-96-02 CS 98
POFQ 97 DIXIE Landing 00 POR 07-08 WL-11
DL-Honeymoon-77 03 OKW -13 BLT-13 BWV-13
Trips planned 2015 WDW 2016 Aulani 2017 WDW XMAS
WILDERNESS FAN 55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:42 AM   #415
tinkerbell1984
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaWife5 View Post
Hi there! Looks like our families will be there at the same time! I plan on decorating our door and window and will have a little board where people and fellow DISmembers can sign and say hello so please feel free to do so I'm super geeked now!
LoL awesome! We are super excited!!!
tinkerbell1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:04 PM   #416
amos07
Mouseketeer

Subscribing to this thread! We were originally planning a trip in October but I got a pin code for May that was to good to pass up so we are going May 13th-20th and staying at the contemporary instead!
Old 01-01-2013, 08:10 PM   #417
momto2greatkids
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amos07 View Post
Subscribing to this thread! We were originally planning a trip in October but I got a pin code for May that was to good to pass up so we are going May 13th-20th and staying at the contemporary instead!
I've got you added!

momto2greatkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:40 PM   #418
LaniesMom
Mouseketeer

Dates are official now, deposit is down. First time I will be in the World for my birthday (May 8)

We usually go the week before Thanksgiving which is historically very low crowds, so I am a little worried about crowd level and my DD, as she's been twice before and we've never waited more than 15 minutes for a ride....
Next trip: May 2013--Happy Birthday to me! POR RGR

Me DH DD(4) DD(infant) our family is complete!

Last edited by LaniesMom; 01-02-2013 at 05:33 PM. Reason: post too long
LaniesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:02 PM   #419
amos07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto2greatkids View Post
I've got you added!
Thanks!
Old 01-02-2013, 07:34 PM   #420
SarBear
Earning My Ears

New member here!! We're headed down May 20th-25th and it will be our first vacation just the three of us (me, dh, and dd who will be 4). I can't wait!!
SarBear is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: