Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-07-2012, 10:59 AM   #91
mhconley
Califloridian
 
mhconley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: SWFL
Posts: 755

Quote:
Originally Posted by abitagirl916 View Post

Which hotels offer the 40% Port Canaveral parking coupon?
Hi Tammy, Rachel & Jeanette,

I found the hotel names in another thread visited each web site and posted info below:

Best Western Cocoa Beach - click on the Free Cruise Parking banner at the top of the page.

La Quinta Inn Cocoa Beach - click on the Port Canaveral Parking Package Learn More button on the lower right side of the page.

Days Inn Cocoa Beach - click on the Cruise Parking Special banner at the top of the page.

International Palms

Martin
__________________
Me DW DS(11) Beans Linus
Disneyland day trip: February 16, 1963
Disneyland day trip: Summer 1967
Walt Disney World off-site: Fall 1972
Polynesian: Fall 1975
Disneyland day trip: Summer 1990
Grand Floridian: September 28 - October 8, 2002
Disneyland day trip: August 24, 2006
Wilderness Lodge: August 23-30, 2008
Disneyland Hotel: September 26 - October 1, 2009
Contemporary Resort: September 17-25, 2011
Pop Century / Wilderness Lodge: December 8-14, 2012
Disneyland Grand Californian: May 28 - June 1, 2013
Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean: October 12-19, 2013
Wilderness Lodge: February 21-24, 2014
Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean: June 6-13, 2015

Last edited by mhconley; 09-07-2012 at 02:05 PM. Reason: There is no AAA discount.
mhconley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:39 PM   #92
abitagirl916
Disneymaniac
 
abitagirl916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Southeastern Louisiana (just north of New Orleans)
Posts: 1,106

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhconley View Post
Hi Tammy, Rachel & Jeanette,

I found the hotel names in another thread visited each web site and posted info below:

Best Western Cocoa Beach - click on the Free Cruise Parking banner at the top of the page.

La Quinta Inn Cocoa Beach - click on the Port Canaveral Parking Package Learn More button on the lower right side of the page.

Days Inn Cocoa Beach - click on the Cruise Parking Special banner at the top of the page.

International Palms

Martin
Thanks, Martin, for the information. I will check out these hotels so that we can decide which one is best for us, and compare to staying at the Radisson on their park & cruise package.
__________________
Tammy & Rachel -- 2/2004 AllStar Movies; 4/2006 Pop Century; 10/2007 Disney Magic; 5/2010 AllStar Movies; 6/2011 Disney Dream Double Dip; 9/2012 Shades of Green; 2/2013 AllStar Movies; 10/2013 Disney Fantasy-Western; 9/2014 AllStar Sports; 10/2015 Disney Fantasy-Western
abitagirl916 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-10-2012, 03:41 PM   #93
dizneekrazee
Fullfilling my bucket list, one vacation at a time....
 
dizneekrazee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 2,563

Joining in

Hi everybody, just joining in. I still have a ton of posts to finish reading through on this thread, but wanted to give an intro before I had to go pick up kids from school.
My name is Brandy, and we will be a party of 5, DBF, & kids DS14, DS10, and DS8 at time of sailing. This is everybodys first cruise, except mine, I have been on Carnival twice.
I must admit, I am quite jealous of all of your bookings, our cruise is still a hopeful maybe as I cannot book until July/August 2013, and that is IF there is still room on this sailing. (I have to wait that long to book to get my CM rate).
Look forward to chatting some more with you all!!
__________________
DBF & I DS15 DS10 DS8

DLR-Many times!!WDWTBD DCLfingers crossed for 10/15
Walt Disney Family Museum 3/12Club 33 8/12, 5/13, 8/13Pixar Animation Studios 1/13Aulani 4/13Walt's Apartment 5/13
dizneekrazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:41 AM   #94
abitagirl916
Disneymaniac
 
abitagirl916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Southeastern Louisiana (just north of New Orleans)
Posts: 1,106

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneekrazee View Post
Hi everybody, just joining in. I still have a ton of posts to finish reading through on this thread, but wanted to give an intro before I had to go pick up kids from school.
My name is Brandy, and we will be a party of 5, DBF, & kids DS14, DS10, and DS8 at time of sailing. This is everybodys first cruise, except mine, I have been on Carnival twice.
I must admit, I am quite jealous of all of your bookings, our cruise is still a hopeful maybe as I cannot book until July/August 2013, and that is IF there is still room on this sailing. (I have to wait that long to book to get my CM rate).
Look forward to chatting some more with you all!!
Brandy, we hope that you all are able to join us. It would drive me crazy to have to wait that long to book, but I guess it's worth it to get your CM rate. Where are you a CM? I assume Disneyland since you live in CA. I've never been to Disneyland, but love Disney World. Since I live in Louisiana, Orlando is a bit closer. But one day I would love to visit DL. Look forwarding to chatting with you over the next year.
__________________
Tammy & Rachel -- 2/2004 AllStar Movies; 4/2006 Pop Century; 10/2007 Disney Magic; 5/2010 AllStar Movies; 6/2011 Disney Dream Double Dip; 9/2012 Shades of Green; 2/2013 AllStar Movies; 10/2013 Disney Fantasy-Western; 9/2014 AllStar Sports; 10/2015 Disney Fantasy-Western
abitagirl916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:48 AM   #95
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!
 
Silverfox97's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)
Posts: 6,154

They just released CM rates for our Dec cruise & the discount is amazing!!!! Too bad I'm not a CM!! I'm hoping that Florida resident rates will follow Then, I can just roll the savings into payment for our spring break cruise in March.

I'm excited about this Oct cruise since we have something planned at each stop.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Emily Scott Isabelle Tiger Bogey Zoe Singer Brutus
PLATINUM DCL Cruisers~ WDW Annual passholders since September 2007!

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:05 PM   #96
mhconley
Califloridian
 
mhconley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: SWFL
Posts: 755

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneekrazee View Post
Hi everybody, just joining in. I still have a ton of posts to finish reading through on this thread, but wanted to give an intro before I had to go pick up kids from school.
My name is Brandy, and we will be a party of 5, DBF, & kids DS14, DS10, and DS8 at time of sailing. This is everybodys first cruise, except mine, I have been on Carnival twice.
I must admit, I am quite jealous of all of your bookings, our cruise is still a hopeful maybe as I cannot book until July/August 2013, and that is IF there is still room on this sailing. (I have to wait that long to book to get my CM rate).
Look forward to chatting some more with you all!!
Welcome aboard... My sister is a Disney employee, although not a CM, at Walt Disney Animation Studios also in California. She says she "works for the mouse".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97 View Post
They just released CM rates for our Dec cruise & the discount is amazing!!!! Too bad I'm not a CM!! I'm hoping that Florida resident rates will follow Then, I can just roll the savings into payment for our spring break cruise in March.

I'm excited about this Oct cruise since we have something planned at each stop.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I'm already looking at and planning excursions, too. It's fun even at "1 year, 1 month and 1 day" 'til the cruise. (according to your ticker)

Martin
__________________
Me DW DS(11) Beans Linus
Disneyland day trip: February 16, 1963
Disneyland day trip: Summer 1967
Walt Disney World off-site: Fall 1972
Polynesian: Fall 1975
Disneyland day trip: Summer 1990
Grand Floridian: September 28 - October 8, 2002
Disneyland day trip: August 24, 2006
Wilderness Lodge: August 23-30, 2008
Disneyland Hotel: September 26 - October 1, 2009
Contemporary Resort: September 17-25, 2011
Pop Century / Wilderness Lodge: December 8-14, 2012
Disneyland Grand Californian: May 28 - June 1, 2013
Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean: October 12-19, 2013
Wilderness Lodge: February 21-24, 2014
Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean: June 6-13, 2015
mhconley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:17 PM   #97
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!
 
Silverfox97's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)
Posts: 6,154

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhconley

(according to your ticker)

Martin
I miss seeing my tickers...... You can't see them using the app!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Emily Scott Isabelle Tiger Bogey Zoe Singer Brutus
PLATINUM DCL Cruisers~ WDW Annual passholders since September 2007!

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:01 PM   #98
jenf22
DIS Veteran
 
jenf22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Beautiful Colorado
Posts: 932

Hi all! We just booked this cruise when we were on the Wonder last week (to Alaska!). It'll be me (Jen), my husband (Phil), and our son (Ryan - who will be 6 at the time of sailing). My parents will also be coming and we have connecting rooms. We're in rooms 8576 and 8578 (I think). This will be our 3rd cruise and my parents' 2nd cruise. We were all on the Magic in May.

Even though this trip is still crazy far away, I figured I would stop in and say "Hi".
jenf22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:44 PM   #99
abitagirl916
Disneymaniac
 
abitagirl916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Southeastern Louisiana (just north of New Orleans)
Posts: 1,106

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenf22 View Post
Hi all! We just booked this cruise when we were on the Wonder last week (to Alaska!). It'll be me (Jen), my husband (Phil), and our son (Ryan - who will be 6 at the time of sailing). My parents will also be coming and we have connecting rooms. We're in rooms 8576 and 8578 (I think). This will be our 3rd cruise and my parents' 2nd cruise. We were all on the Magic in May.

Even though this trip is still crazy far away, I figured I would stop in and say "Hi".
Hi Jen! Welcome to you and your family!! I am so excited to be cruising on the Fantasy next year. My DD and Aunt will be cruising with me. My DD & I have cruised on the Magic and the Dream so far. We have never been on the Wonder, but maybe, someday!
__________________
Tammy & Rachel -- 2/2004 AllStar Movies; 4/2006 Pop Century; 10/2007 Disney Magic; 5/2010 AllStar Movies; 6/2011 Disney Dream Double Dip; 9/2012 Shades of Green; 2/2013 AllStar Movies; 10/2013 Disney Fantasy-Western; 9/2014 AllStar Sports; 10/2015 Disney Fantasy-Western
abitagirl916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:04 AM   #100
dizneekrazee
Fullfilling my bucket list, one vacation at a time....
 
dizneekrazee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 2,563

Quote:
Originally Posted by abitagirl916 View Post
Brandy, we hope that you all are able to join us. It would drive me crazy to have to wait that long to book, but I guess it's worth it to get your CM rate. Where are you a CM? I assume Disneyland since you live in CA. I've never been to Disneyland, but love Disney World. Since I live in Louisiana, Orlando is a bit closer. But one day I would love to visit DL. Look forwarding to chatting with you over the next year.
Actually, I am a CM at one of The Disney Store's in NorCal. We go to DLR annually now, used to be more often. I am actually working in my 3rd Disney Store, made the mistake of leaving once, and it will NEVER happen again

Sorry, but I do not know how to multi-quote different posters on here.

Mhconely, that is so cool!! I have touring the studios on my Disney bucket list

Silverfox97, they must have JUST released them, as I was on the other day and they were only into Nov. And yes, they are crazy good deals.

Can anybody tell me what an FE is?

Also, we are planning on flying out a day or 2 early, so we can spend 1 day at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. MOst likely we will stay at a DoubleTree or Hampton, etc, using points.
__________________
DBF & I DS15 DS10 DS8

DLR-Many times!!WDWTBD DCLfingers crossed for 10/15
Walt Disney Family Museum 3/12Club 33 8/12, 5/13, 8/13Pixar Animation Studios 1/13Aulani 4/13Walt's Apartment 5/13
dizneekrazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:55 PM   #101
abitagirl916
Disneymaniac
 
abitagirl916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Southeastern Louisiana (just north of New Orleans)
Posts: 1,106

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneekrazee View Post
Actually, I am a CM at one of The Disney Store's in NorCal. We go to DLR annually now, used to be more often. I am actually working in my 3rd Disney Store, made the mistake of leaving once, and it will NEVER happen again

Sorry, but I do not know how to multi-quote different posters on here.

Mhconely, that is so cool!! I have touring the studios on my Disney bucket list

Silverfox97, they must have JUST released them, as I was on the other day and they were only into Nov. And yes, they are crazy good deals.

Can anybody tell me what an FE is?

Also, we are planning on flying out a day or 2 early, so we can spend 1 day at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. MOst likely we will stay at a DoubleTree or Hampton, etc, using points.
I see from your countdown that this will be your first Disney Cruise. You all are going to LOVE it. Especially if you love Disney. In addition to Character Meet & Greets, you sometimes just "bump" into characters going down hallways. And they always are very gracious and let you take pictures, so make sure you always have your camera handy at all times during the cruise.

When you want to muti-quote, click on the icon next to the "quote" icon. It lets you multi-quote: you click on that icon on each of the quotes you want to include and then click on quote on the last one. You can then respond to each quote separately.
__________________
Tammy & Rachel -- 2/2004 AllStar Movies; 4/2006 Pop Century; 10/2007 Disney Magic; 5/2010 AllStar Movies; 6/2011 Disney Dream Double Dip; 9/2012 Shades of Green; 2/2013 AllStar Movies; 10/2013 Disney Fantasy-Western; 9/2014 AllStar Sports; 10/2015 Disney Fantasy-Western
abitagirl916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:36 PM   #102
mhconley
Califloridian
 
mhconley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: SWFL
Posts: 755

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneekrazee

Can anybody tell me what an FE is?
Just search Fish Extender and you'll find everything you ever wanted to know about FEs. I did not know what they were myself until I booked this cruise (our first) and started reading the Cruise board. We're more than likely going to do it and I have an idea for a unique door magnet if I can figure out how to pull it off...

FYI... If you are not crafty there are several people selling them, both FEs and door magnets, on Etsy and eBay. That's probably where we'll get ours.

Martin
__________________
Me DW DS(11) Beans Linus
Disneyland day trip: February 16, 1963
Disneyland day trip: Summer 1967
Walt Disney World off-site: Fall 1972
Polynesian: Fall 1975
Disneyland day trip: Summer 1990
Grand Floridian: September 28 - October 8, 2002
Disneyland day trip: August 24, 2006
Wilderness Lodge: August 23-30, 2008
Disneyland Hotel: September 26 - October 1, 2009
Contemporary Resort: September 17-25, 2011
Pop Century / Wilderness Lodge: December 8-14, 2012
Disneyland Grand Californian: May 28 - June 1, 2013
Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean: October 12-19, 2013
Wilderness Lodge: February 21-24, 2014
Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean: June 6-13, 2015

Last edited by mhconley; 09-14-2012 at 04:33 PM.
mhconley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:23 PM   #103
dizneekrazee
Fullfilling my bucket list, one vacation at a time....
 
dizneekrazee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 2,563

Quote:
Originally Posted by abitagirl916 View Post
I see from your countdown that this will be your first Disney Cruise. You all are going to LOVE it. Especially if you love Disney. In addition to Character Meet & Greets, you sometimes just "bump" into characters going down hallways. And they always are very gracious and let you take pictures, so make sure you always have your camera handy at all times during the cruise.

When you want to muti-quote, click on the icon next to the "quote" icon. It lets you multi-quote: you click on that icon on each of the quotes you want to include and then click on quote on the last one. You can then respond to each quote separately.
Ok, trying it out now, lets see how well it works.

This is our first Disney cruise, we are so excited, I cannot wait to actually book it. It gives me anxiety having to wait to book someting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhconley View Post
Just search Fish Extender and you'll find everything you ever wanted to know about FEs. I did not know what they were myself until I booked this cruise (our first) and started reading the Cruise board. We're more than likely going to do it and I have an idea for a unique door magnet if I can figure out how to pull it off...

FYI... If you are not crafty there are several people selling them, both FEs and door magnets, on Etsy and eBay. That's probably where we'll get ours.

Martin
Yea, I think I would have to do that too!
__________________
DBF & I DS15 DS10 DS8

DLR-Many times!!WDWTBD DCLfingers crossed for 10/15
Walt Disney Family Museum 3/12Club 33 8/12, 5/13, 8/13Pixar Animation Studios 1/13Aulani 4/13Walt's Apartment 5/13
dizneekrazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:48 PM   #104
mhconley
Califloridian
 
mhconley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: SWFL
Posts: 755

OK - I just switched staterooms - again - last time - I promise - for now at least...

We're now in 9620.

Martin
__________________
Me DW DS(11) Beans Linus
Disneyland day trip: February 16, 1963
Disneyland day trip: Summer 1967
Walt Disney World off-site: Fall 1972
Polynesian: Fall 1975
Disneyland day trip: Summer 1990
Grand Floridian: September 28 - October 8, 2002
Disneyland day trip: August 24, 2006
Wilderness Lodge: August 23-30, 2008
Disneyland Hotel: September 26 - October 1, 2009
Contemporary Resort: September 17-25, 2011
Pop Century / Wilderness Lodge: December 8-14, 2012
Disneyland Grand Californian: May 28 - June 1, 2013
Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean: October 12-19, 2013
Wilderness Lodge: February 21-24, 2014
Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean: June 6-13, 2015
mhconley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:55 PM   #105
Orlanr
Heeeeeeeere We GO
 
Orlanr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Monterey Bay California
Posts: 233

Excursions

We have been talking about what excursions to do with the group. On a Disney Cruise we did to Grand Cayman a few years ago, we chartered a boat and had a great day, the price was about $40. per person.
__________________
Orlanr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: