Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2013, 05:00 PM   #901
gaporee
Mouseketeer

Thinking ahead to October as I'm sure everyone else is! I'm planning on packing less. This is the 'plan' anyway.

What I'm writing is just what I found we needed or didn't need.

Last October I found I didn't wear half of what I packed for myself. (mainly the dressy stuff) I found I went much more casual to dinner than I thought I would and I felt like I didn't stand out being more on the casual side.

I know for ourselves, we didn't really pay attention to what others wore.

I was stressing about formal night, this time I will not.

I bought a lot of Disney themed outfits/shirts for the kids to wear during the week, but I found they were mostly in bathing suits during the day. Not everything was worn.

I was worried about not bringing our DSLR camera but so glad we didn't. Again, I will just be bringing our small digital point and shoot.

Definitley packing our 'over the door hanging organizer'. What a huge help by keeping all bathroom stuff together and not cluttering up limited space in the bathrooms. I packed it at home full of our bathroom 'stuff'. and hung it right up. Its nothing fancy. It was 12.99 at HomeSense (like Winners or TJ Maxx depending on where you live)

I am packing clothes pins again. I used them everyday to hang wet bathing suits in the shower and to clip wet bathing suits to the chairs and table on the balcony. (not sure this was allowed but I did it anyway) I just bought inexpensive plastic ones at the dollar store.

A fold up laundry basket (also dollar store) was so handy! This time though I am bringing at least 2 or maybe 3.

I'm bringing our own dipping sauce for chicken fingers. The fingers are actually pretty good but I could not believe there wasn't sauce like honey mustard, plum sauce, etc. There was one Kraft (I think) bbq sauce you could use but it was not good IMO.

Lose weight before I go (probably won''t happen) so I can eat the Krispy Kreme donuts for breakfast every morning!! I swear I gained 5lbs last October cruise from those damn things!

All Star Movies January 2011
Pop Century October 2011
Disney Fantasy "Hurricane Sandy cruise" October 2012
Pop Century/ Disney World October 2013 before our cruise
Disney Fantasy October 2013
DCL Fantasy Oct 2014
Oasis -- October 2015
gaporee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:30 PM   #902
luvmygrljb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaporee View Post
Thinking ahead to October as I'm sure everyone else is! I'm planning on packing less. This is the 'plan' anyway.

What I'm writing is just what I found we needed or didn't need.

Last October I found I didn't wear half of what I packed for myself. (mainly the dressy stuff) I found I went much more casual to dinner than I thought I would and I felt like I didn't stand out being more on the casual side.

I know for ourselves, we didn't really pay attention to what others wore.

I was stressing about formal night, this time I will not.

I bought a lot of Disney themed outfits/shirts for the kids to wear during the week, but I found they were mostly in bathing suits during the day. Not everything was worn.

I was worried about not bringing our DSLR camera but so glad we didn't. Again, I will just be bringing our small digital point and shoot.

Definitley packing our 'over the door hanging organizer'. What a huge help by keeping all bathroom stuff together and not cluttering up limited space in the bathrooms. I packed it at home full of our bathroom 'stuff'. and hung it right up. Its nothing fancy. It was 12.99 at HomeSense (like Winners or TJ Maxx depending on where you live)

I am packing clothes pins again. I used them everyday to hang wet bathing suits in the shower and to clip wet bathing suits to the chairs and table on the balcony. (not sure this was allowed but I did it anyway) I just bought inexpensive plastic ones at the dollar store.

A fold up laundry basket (also dollar store) was so handy! This time though I am bringing at least 2 or maybe 3.

I'm bringing our own dipping sauce for chicken fingers. The fingers are actually pretty good but I could not believe there wasn't sauce like honey mustard, plum sauce, etc. There was one Kraft (I think) bbq sauce you could use but it was not good IMO.

Lose weight before I go (probably won''t happen) so I can eat the Krispy Kreme donuts for breakfast every morning!! I swear I gained 5lbs last October cruise from those damn things!
Love your plan! Definitely with you on losing weight!!! Still not sure on formal wear...think that's going to depend on my weight as well!!! LOL. Where did you put the hamper?

luvmygrljb is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2013, 09:48 PM   #903
gaporee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmygrljb View Post
Love your plan! Definitely with you on losing weight!!! Still not sure on formal wear...think that's going to depend on my weight as well!!! LOL. Where did you put the hamper?
The fold up hamper was beside the long desk. It was between the closet and desk where the joining room door was. Our room was 4C 299sq ft. There was room beside the desk to put it.

Last cruise we were 5E GTY and were upgraded to category 4C.

This time we chose 6B GTY. We have our fingers crossed for another good upgrade!

Pop Century October 2011
DCL Fantasy Oct 2014
Oasis -- October 2015
Old 07-17-2013, 07:48 AM   #904
abitagirl916
Disneymaniac

Quote:
The fold up hamper was beside the long desk. It was between the closet and desk where the joining room door was. Our room was 4C 299sq ft. There was room beside the desk to put it.

Last cruise we were 5E GTY and were upgraded to category 4C.

This time we chose 6B GTY. We have our fingers crossed for another good upgrade!
My last cruise I took a mesh laundry bag and put it in the closet, but since we will have a 4D(299 Sq.ft.) room this time, I think I will take a pop up hamper and use it. I wasn't sure if there was room even in the 4D, but from your description, it seems that there is. Thanks!!
Tammy & Rachel -- 2/2004 AllStar Movies; 4/2006 Pop Century; 10/2007 Disney Magic; 5/2010 AllStar Movies; 6/2011 Disney Dream Double Dip; 9/2012 Shades of Green; 2/2013 AllStar Movies; 10/2013 Disney Fantasy-Western; 9/2014 AllStar Sports; 10/2015 Disney Fantasy-Western
abitagirl916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:27 PM   #905
scorp111
DVC at AKL Owner

In case anyone doesn't do FB, it appears that Disney is doing something special this fall on all ships. The top part of the article is for the DREAM only, but the bottom should apply to our sailing.

A Frightfully Good Time Awaits Disney Cruise Line Guests this Halloween

•Download PDF
•Print Release

Filed in: Holidays

Related Gallery

Disney Cruise Line will treat guests sailing this fall to a spook-tacular good time as the Disney ships transform into a ghoulish wonderland. New for 2013, an extra-spooky celebration, Halloween on the High Seas, takes place on most voyages aboard the Disney Dream from late September through October with Halloween-themed parties, lively entertainment, elaborate décor and tons of spooky fun. On all Disney ships, guests will delight in frightfully fun events and activities, special decorations, unique menu items in the restaurants and themed parties on deck during special Halloween voyages. (Kent Phillips, photographer)

Halloween on the High Seas with Disney Cruise Line

CELEBRATION, Fla. – Disney Cruise Line will treat guests sailing this fall to a spook-tacular good time as the Disney ships transform into a ghoulish wonderland filled with frightfully fun events and activities, special decorations, unique menu items in the restaurants and themed parties on deck.

New for 2013, an extra-spooky celebration, Halloween on the High Seas, takes place on most voyages aboard the Disney Dream from late September through October. This brand-new event features Halloween-themed parties, lively entertainment and elaborate décor including a Halloween Tree that transforms throughout the cruise. Other special experiences include:
•Mickey’s Calling All The Monsters Mouse-Querade Deck Party, a celebration in addition to Pirate Night with games, dancing and some Disney characters in Halloween attire.
•A Nightmare Before Christmas—Sing and Scream, an interactive movie experience where guests are part of the action, followed by a meet-and-greet with Jack Skellington and Sally.
•Haunted Stories of the Sea with a mysterious sea captain storyteller.
•Creepy Cabaret with performances by ghostly musicians and a Villainous Takeover on the dance floor in the adult nighttime district.
•More spooky fun on the Disney Dream includes mask-making, pumpkin-carving and a Disney villain takeover of the ship announcements!

On all Disney ships, guests will delight in treats, tricks, magical mischief and spooky surroundings, including:
•Haunted Parties: Beloved Disney characters, wearing special Halloween costumes just for the occasion, will join guests for a fun-filled Halloween costume party – Disney Cruise Line style – complete with live music, dancing and lots of candy! For adults, the nighttime entertainment district on the Disney ships becomes the ghoulish setting for a costume contest and party sure to bring chills to everyone.
•Spooky Movies: To get guests into the spirit of the season, Halloween-themed movies will be shown in Buena Vista Theatre, on Funnel Vision by the family pool and in guest staterooms.
•Ghoulish Delights: Disney Cruise Line chefs have conjured some very special treats for Halloween, including chocolate cake with pumpkin filling, spider cakes and “Witch’s Brew.”

To celebrate Halloween, the Disney Dream sails three- and four-night Bahamas cruises from Sept. 22 to Oct. 31 (excluding Sept. 29.) The Disney Fantasy sails seven-night Eastern and Western Caribbean cruises from Sep. 21 to Oct. 26; the Disney Wonder sails seven-night Bahamas and Western Caribbean cruises from Sept. 28 to Oct. 26; and the Disney Magic departs on Oct. 27 for a five-night Western Caribbean voyage.

To learn more about Disney Cruise Line or to book a vacation, guests can visit disneycruise.com, call Disney Cruise Line at 888/DCL-2500 or contact their travel agent.
- See more at: http://dclnews.com/2013/07/17/a-frig....49IOWtny.dpuf
scorp111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:08 PM   #906
kendzee94
DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing!!!

kendzee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:23 PM   #907
mrssmiddy
Mouseketeer

So excited for the Halloween celebration on board! Too bad we don't get the full deal, my kids would loved the meet and greet with Jack Skellington. Oh, we'll...at least we still get to party! Who's dressing up?

Disney Fantasy 7-Night Western Caribbean - May 2014
Disney Fantasy 7-Night Western Caribbean - October 2013
Disney Dream 5-Night - July 2012
Disney Dream 5-Night - August 2011
mrssmiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:08 PM   #908
mrssmiddy
Mouseketeer

Cabana!!!

I just got the best pixie dust, ever!!!! We got cabana #7!! Thank you so much Jennifer (jjgarv)!!!

Disney Fantasy 7-Night Western Caribbean - May 2014
Disney Fantasy 7-Night Western Caribbean - October 2013
Disney Dream 5-Night - July 2012
Disney Dream 5-Night - August 2011
mrssmiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:12 PM   #909
jjgarv
Gotta get away to where the boat leaves from...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrssmiddy View Post
I just got the best pixie dust, ever!!!! We got cabana #7!! Thank you so much Jennifer (jjgarv)!!!
Faith, trust, and pixie dust... Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo!
Honeymoon 4/00 4 Day Magic and Wilderness Lodge; 3/02 7 Day Eastern Magic; 11/02 Beach Club Villas; 11/04 7 day Western Magic; 10/05 4 Day Wonder and 3 Day at Saratoga Springs; 9/06 7 Day Twice the Magic--2x Castaway Cay; 11/07 7 Day Eastern Magic; 9/08 7 Western Double Dip--2x Castaway Cay; 5/09 Villas at AKL; 10/09 7 Day Eastern Magic to St Croix; 4/10 7 Day Caribbean Princess for 10th Anniversary; 10/10 7 Day Western Magic; 10/11 7 Days B2B on the Dream; 10/12 7 Day Eastern Fantasy; 3/12 DVC Villas at Aulani; 10/13 7 Day Western Fantasy; 10/14 7 Day Western Fantasy to Jamaica
jjgarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:19 PM   #910
mjaclyn
Currently in Wonderland

Hi everyone! DH and I have unfortunately had to move our sail dates to another time. Please remove us from the Fish Extender list - we were on list #1 I think. I'm so sorry to be missing this cruise!! This sounds like such a fun group! Have a great trip :-)
Old 07-17-2013, 11:54 PM   #911
gaporee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjaclyn View Post
Hi everyone! DH and I have unfortunately had to move our sail dates to another time. Please remove us from the Fish Extender list - we were on list #1 I think. I'm so sorry to be missing this cruise!! This sounds like such a fun group! Have a great trip :-)
We did the same thing last year, had to switch our dates. It happens! Happy sailing on your new cruise date.

Would it be ok to add our names to the fish extender list to replace her? (who do I message with our details)?

Or can we be added to list number 2?

Pop Century October 2011
DCL Fantasy Oct 2014
Oasis -- October 2015
Old 07-18-2013, 07:01 AM   #912
kendzee94
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We enjoyed the fish extender last year. My kids loved it! If there is room we would like to participate again.
Please Pm me your info....I just saw this....I'm in 3 cruise meet threads...yikes. Anyway, please get me your room # names of all and gender and ages of the kids. Thanks!

Old 07-18-2013, 07:06 AM   #913
kendzee94
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjaclyn View Post
Sad to see you go. I removed you from the list.

Who was the person that I just recently added to FE List #2 who had friends in list #1....do you want to be switched to list #1? With mjaclyn leaving us it left a room open on list #1. Please let me know. Thanks!!

Old 07-18-2013, 07:49 AM   #914
kendzee94
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We did the same thing last year, had to switch our dates. It happens! Happy sailing on your new cruise date.

Would it be ok to add our names to the fish extender list to replace her? (who do I message with our details)?

Or can we be added to list number 2?
I will probably add you to list #2. Someone on list 2 has a friend in list #1 and I will probably move them if they want to be moved. Either way, I will add you!!! Get me the info and we will be all set. Thanks!

Old 07-18-2013, 09:49 AM   #915
gaporee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendzee94 View Post

I will probably add you to list #2. Someone on list 2 has a friend in list #1 and I will probably move them if they want to be moved. Either way, I will add you!!! Get me the info and we will be all set. Thanks!
Great thanks!

No cabin # assigned yet.

We are GTY. I will update you as soon as we get our assigned cabin number. I will be checking daily for it! This cruise last year we were assigned a cabin on day 51. We will see!

DH (Jason), Me (Nicole), DS (10) Zachary, DD (9) Jayden.

Thank you

Pop Century October 2011
DCL Fantasy Oct 2014
Oasis -- October 2015

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: