Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2013, 12:08 AM   #751
froderfive
Earning My Ears

Red face Newbie!

This is a whole new world!
We have never been on a cruise, let alone a Disney cruise.
I've been excitedly scouring the internet for packing advice, etc.
Looking forward to experiencing the magic, and seeing what all the fuss is about!

froderfive + DH + DD9 + DS7 + DS4
Minnesota
froderfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:58 AM   #752
HeddyRuth
Mouseketeer

Welcome! Great to have you join us

HeddyRuth is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2013, 07:52 AM   #753
abitagirl916
Disneymaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeddyRuth View Post
Sorry, but I have to ask what an "exotic rassoul" is. I don't remember seeing it and it sounds mysterious.

The Thai poultice sounded wonderful but i wasn't sure about the Bamboo.

I wish my husband could do anything spa. He tried once and giggled through the whole massage. He is very ticklish.
I too am soooo ticklish that I don't think I could enjoy a massage. Except for a shoulder and neck message. I believe I would like that. But anywhere else on my body....forget it.
Tammy & Rachel -- 2/2004 AllStar Movies; 4/2006 Pop Century; 10/2007 Disney Magic; 5/2010 AllStar Movies; 6/2011 Disney Dream Double Dip; 9/2012 Shades of Green; 2/2013 AllStar Movies; 10/2013 Disney Fantasy-Western; 9/2014 AllStar Sports; 10/2015 Disney Fantasy-Western
abitagirl916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:56 AM   #754
abitagirl916
Disneymaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by froderfive View Post
This is a whole new world!
We have never been on a cruise, let alone a Disney cruise.
I've been excitedly scouring the internet for packing advice, etc.
Looking forward to experiencing the magic, and seeing what all the fuss is about!

froderfive + DH + DD9 + DS7 + DS4
Minnesota
Glad you and your family will be joining us. Where are you from?
There will be three of us: me, DD(24), and my Aunt. We are from Southeastern Louisiana. Look forward to meeting everyone.
Tammy & Rachel -- 2/2004 AllStar Movies; 4/2006 Pop Century; 10/2007 Disney Magic; 5/2010 AllStar Movies; 6/2011 Disney Dream Double Dip; 9/2012 Shades of Green; 2/2013 AllStar Movies; 10/2013 Disney Fantasy-Western; 9/2014 AllStar Sports; 10/2015 Disney Fantasy-Western
Old 06-12-2013, 09:59 AM   #755
adrianna_sarah
Mother of two curious little monkeys!

Quote:
Sorry, but I have to ask what an "exotic rassoul" is. I don't remember seeing it and it sounds mysterious.

The Thai poultice sounded wonderful but i wasn't sure about the Bamboo.

I wish my husband could do anything spa. He tried once and giggled through the whole massage. He is very ticklish.
They may be calling the exotic rassoul something different these days, but I'm pretty sure that they still offer it. It's a couples thing where they give you a set amount of time in a spa area with a multi head shower, a steam room, and an assortment of every Elemis product you might want to try. Also, you get a bowl of mud to smear on each other. Other than getting you set up, no staff person is present, so it is up to you to make your own fun. Unfortunately, the steam is controlled from the outside, and it was just too much for us. I found it really draining, rather than invigorating.

I found a video of the bamboo massage on youtube, and it looks very relaxing. I may try it. The Thai poultice appeals to me, too. My husband used to avoid massage, but he's become more flexible these last few years. I would love to try the couples cabana massage at Serenity Bay, but he is in go mode the entire time we are on Castaway Cay and won't slow down long enough to try it out. We are usually among the last families being chased back onto the ship.
adrianna_sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:00 AM   #756
adrianna_sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendzee94 View Post
Yay! 3 cruises in a row together!!!!!!
Did ya'all meet on the DIS?
Old 06-12-2013, 10:07 AM   #757
adrianna_sarah

HeddyRuth, I found this on the DCL site, but only under the spa listings for the classic ships. It seemed popular and was fairly difficult to book, but they may not have put on the new ships.

"This sensual body treatment, applied by you, conditions and nourishes your skin while uniting the 4 fundamental elements of water, fire, earth and air in one spiritually uplifting experience. Aromatherapy massage oils are worked gently into the body, and then you're invited to spread various miracle healing muds of different colors and grain sizes onto your limbs. Body and soul are elevated to a place of ethereal bliss. In the privacy of a secluded chamber and steam room, you can make liberal use of decadent facial care products, exfoliating creams and more."
Old 06-12-2013, 07:06 PM   #758
HeddyRuth
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianna_sarah View Post
HeddyRuth, I found this on the DCL site, but only under the spa listings for the classic ships. It seemed popular and was fairly difficult to book, but they may not have put on the new ships.

"This sensual body treatment, applied by you, conditions and nourishes your skin while uniting the 4 fundamental elements of water, fire, earth and air in one spiritually uplifting experience. Aromatherapy massage oils are worked gently into the body, and then you're invited to spread various miracle healing muds of different colors and grain sizes onto your limbs. Body and soul are elevated to a place of ethereal bliss. In the privacy of a secluded chamber and steam room, you can make liberal use of decadent facial care products, exfoliating creams and more."
"Secluded chamber". I am telling you, sounds mysterious . I will look for the bamboo video too, thanks!

HeddyRuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:11 PM   #759
luvmygrljb
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Yep! We were on a Disney cruise this past September to Canada and met on the Disboards. We became cruise buddies along with another couple that we will reconnect with on a cruise in October 2014! We have since met up a couple of times for shopping and lunch! We split costs of the rainforest room by sharing the couples package which we will probably do again as well as dining in Palo and sharing a cabana(hopefully) on Castaway Cay! She's my Disney BFF!

luvmygrljb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:24 PM   #760
froderfive
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by abitagirl916 View Post
Glad you and your family will be joining us. Where are you from?
There will be three of us: me, DD(24), and my Aunt. We are from Southeastern Louisiana. Look forward to meeting everyone.
We are from Minnesota, and greatly looking forward to seeing the sun! It has been a long winter, and a gloomy spring/summer!
The kids can barely handle their excitement for the cruise. It will be here before we know it!
Katie
froderfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:59 AM   #761
abitagirl916
Disneymaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by froderfive View Post
We are from Minnesota, and greatly looking forward to seeing the sun! It has been a long winter, and a gloomy spring/summer!
The kids can barely handle their excitement for the cruise. It will be here before we know it!
Katie
I hope you get warm weather soon. Here in Louisiana, we are already in the 90s with a heat index of over 100.

You are going to love a Disney Cruise. This will be our 3rd Disney cruise for my DD and myself, but my Aunt's 1st Disney cruise (although she has cruised on Carnival). I am so addicted to DCL! Can't wait to book another cruise while we are on this one. Just not sure when exactly we will go again (maybe 2015). We want to go back to Disney World in 2014, and although I did both this year (WDW in Feb. and DCL this Oct), it takes a lot out of the pocketbook in one year.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:02 AM   #762
adrianna_sarah

Quote:
"Secluded chamber". I am telling you, sounds mysterious . I will look for the bamboo video too, thanks!
Makes it sound very Harry Potter, doesn't it?

We are staying four nights at Disney's Vero Beach Resort prior to the cruise, and they offer a mother/daughter facial with ice cream mani pedi. This could be a lot of fun, or none at all. She would love the mani pedi, for sure. Not so sure about the facial. Continuing to explore my spa options...
Old 06-13-2013, 10:09 AM   #763
adrianna_sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by abitagirl916 View Post
I hope you get warm weather soon. Here in Louisiana, we are already in the 90s with a heat index of over 100.
Oh this heat! And yours is the soupy kind! We lived in Oklahoma from 05-08 and have been in Texas since 09. You'd think I would have acclimated by now, but I just can't get used to this heat. My internal thermostat is set on Pacific Northwest, and likely always will be.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:20 AM   #764
adrianna_sarah

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmygrljb View Post
Yep! We were on a Disney cruise this past September to Canada and met on the Disboards. We became cruise buddies along with another couple that we will reconnect with on a cruise in October 2014! We have since met up a couple of times for shopping and lunch! We split costs of the rainforest room by sharing the couples package which we will probably do again as well as dining in Palo and sharing a cabana(hopefully) on Castaway Cay! She's my Disney BFF!
So fun! Though my husband is not jealous by nature, I am not sure he would be keen on my having a cruise BFF. Do you remember the rules on those rainforest passes? Do they have to be purchased on the first day? Are they couples only, or can I buy a single? I have used the amenities with a treatment, but never on their own, and think I might like to have a daily spa option this time.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:37 PM   #765
kendzee94
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes! We met on disboards and FB prior to the last Canadian Cruise from NYC. I just saw Sue's response....ditto!

kendzee94 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: