Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2013, 07:07 PM   #736
dawalls2005
Earning My Ears

This blog is so cool I had no idea. So excited 127 days until paradise. Happy Friday everyone!!!
dawalls2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:45 AM   #737
HeddyRuth
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgarv View Post
More Fridays to go!

Yes, 17 Fridays seems so much closer than 127 days

HeddyRuth is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-08-2013, 12:47 AM   #738
HeddyRuth
Mouseketeer

So I would love to hear how many people are making their own fish extenders versus buying them. I think I will make one, but haven't figured out how exactly yet when I don't have the abilities or time.

Old 06-08-2013, 01:22 AM   #739
mrssmiddy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeddyRuth View Post
So I would love to hear how many people are making their own fish extenders versus buying them. I think I will make one, but haven't figured out how exactly yet when I don't have the abilities or time.
I had to buy my FE. I don't have the talent for that. But I'm making most of the gifts myself.

Disney Fantasy 7-Night Western Caribbean - May 2014
Disney Fantasy 7-Night Western Caribbean - October 2013
Disney Dream 5-Night - July 2012
Disney Dream 5-Night - August 2011
mrssmiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 01:27 PM   #740
kendzee94
DIS Veteran

ditto on what mrssmiddy said!

I will have gradysmommy make mine, I'm just not that good. I suck at sewing The gifts however, are made by me. I hope everyone enjoys them!

kendzee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 05:27 PM   #741
HeddyRuth
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendzee94 View Post
ditto on what mrssmiddy said!

I will have gradysmommy make mine, I'm just not that good. I suck at sewing The gifts however, are made by me. I hope everyone enjoys them!
I am sure we will enjoy them : ). I am also debating on getting one of the ikea organizers and then decorating it. I don't know....

Old 06-10-2013, 07:53 AM   #742
abitagirl916
Disneymaniac

We had a wonderful visit with my Aunt Jeanette (who is sailing with us) to do some planning for the cruise. We have decided the only excursion we will do is the Seven Mile Beach Break in Grand Cayman. In Costa Maya we will just go ashore and shop and maybe swim in the pool at the port. Since we have all already been to Cozumel (more than once) we will probably just go ashore to shop a little, and then return to the ship to explore. We will then enjoy the day on Castaway Cay at the beach, and maybe explore the island a little. At least that is the plan at the moment. Once we get onboard, who knows!!! We could alter what we plan to do.....it is a vacation after all!!
Tammy & Rachel -- 2/2004 AllStar Movies; 4/2006 Pop Century; 10/2007 Disney Magic; 5/2010 AllStar Movies; 6/2011 Disney Dream Double Dip; 9/2012 Shades of Green; 2/2013 AllStar Movies; 10/2013 Disney Fantasy-Western; 9/2014 AllStar Sports; 10/2015 Disney Fantasy-Western
abitagirl916 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:00 AM   #743
HeddyRuth
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by abitagirl916 View Post
We had a wonderful visit with my Aunt Jeanette (who is sailing with us) to do some planning for the cruise. We have decided the only excursion we will do is the Seven Mile Beach Break in Grand Cayman. In Costa Maya we will just go ashore and shop and maybe swim in the pool at the port. Since we have all already been to Cozumel (more than once) we will probably just go ashore to shop a little, and then return to the ship to explore. We will then enjoy the day on Castaway Cay at the beach, and maybe explore the island a little. At least that is the plan at the moment. Once we get onboard, who knows!!! We could alter what we plan to do.....it is a vacation after all!!
I like your thinking! I know I have gotten a bit obsessed about planning, perhaps I need to relax a bit. It is a vacation after all

Old 06-10-2013, 09:30 AM   #744
adrianna_sarah
Mother of two curious little monkeys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abitagirl916 View Post
We had a similar plan when we cruised a 7 day Bahamas/Key West on Carnival last year. The ship was brand new and had lots to do, but aside from Key West I knew the ports were going to be pretty boring. Key West was the only day we even bothered disembarking. It was a last minute booking for spring break out of Galveston, so not needing to purchase plane tickets made it very appealing even though we had been to all of the ports already.

This one is different for us though. When we did the Western on the Magic in 2008, we were cruising with an 11 month old, so most of the more daring shore excursions were off the table. She's big 6 now and he's 10, so both are more portable and fun. I think we're planning to something fairly "big ticket" at each port.
adrianna_sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:18 PM   #745
adrianna_sarah
Mother of two curious little monkeys!

What do you like to have done in the spa?

I usually have a hot stone massage and a pedicure, and the last few times hubs and I have opted for the couples massage as well. I've had a facial once, which was heavenly and got me hooked on the Elemis moisturizer, and we tried the exotic rassoul once (not our thing--too hot!) I was thinking that it might to be fun to try a different massage... maybe Thai poultice or bamboo. Thoughts on this? Do you have a favorite spa treatment?
adrianna_sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:22 PM   #746
abitagirl916
Disneymaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianna_sarah
I usually have a hot stone massage and a pedicure, and the last few times hubs and I have opted for the couples massage as well. I've had a facial once, which was heavenly and got me hooked on the Elemis moisturizer, and we tried the exotic rassoul once (not our thing--too hot!) I was thinking that it might to be fun to try a different massage... maybe Thai poultice or bamboo. Thoughts on this? Do you have a favorite spa treatment?
Have never tried the spa, but would like to at least get a manicure, and maybe a pedicure this time. We have a bit more time on this cruise since it is a 7 day. Our last one was a 5 day.
Tammy & Rachel -- 2/2004 AllStar Movies; 4/2006 Pop Century; 10/2007 Disney Magic; 5/2010 AllStar Movies; 6/2011 Disney Dream Double Dip; 9/2012 Shades of Green; 2/2013 AllStar Movies; 10/2013 Disney Fantasy-Western; 9/2014 AllStar Sports; 10/2015 Disney Fantasy-Western
abitagirl916 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:14 PM   #747
kendzee94
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianna_sarah View Post
I just like hanging out on the heated loungers in the spa, with the other half of my "couple" luvmygrljb!

Old 06-11-2013, 09:46 PM   #748
luvmygrljb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendzee94 View Post

I just like hanging out on the heated loungers in the spa, with the other half of my "couple" luvmygrljb!
We are a couple!!! You know...the couple that rain forests together goes on more cruise together...or so I've heard...

luvmygrljb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:02 PM   #749
kendzee94
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmygrljb View Post
We are a couple!!! You know...the couple that rain forests together goes on more cruise together...or so I've heard...
Yay! 3 cruises in a row together!!!!!!

Old 06-11-2013, 11:00 PM   #750
HeddyRuth
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianna_sarah View Post
Sorry, but I have to ask what an "exotic rassoul" is. I don't remember seeing it and it sounds mysterious.

The Thai poultice sounded wonderful but i wasn't sure about the Bamboo.

I wish my husband could do anything spa. He tried once and giggled through the whole massage. He is very ticklish.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: