Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2012, 08:51 PM   #61
abitagirl916
Disneymaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlanr View Post
Hello Group. I'm Rus. I will be sailing with my wife Michelle, and a group of other friends. This is our 3rd DC. We are in 10160.
Welcome!! I'm Tammy and will be sailing with my DD and my Aunt. For my DD and I, it will be our 3rd DC, but this will be my Aunt's 1st (although she has cruised on Carnival).
Tammy & Rachel -- 2/2004 AllStar Movies; 4/2006 Pop Century; 10/2007 Disney Magic; 5/2010 AllStar Movies; 6/2011 Disney Dream Double Dip; 9/2012 Shades of Green; 2/2013 AllStar Movies; 10/2013 Disney Fantasy-Western; 9/2014 AllStar Sports; 10/2015 Disney Fantasy-Western
abitagirl916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:46 PM   #62
tiggerwannabe
Optimistic Realist~

Photographer Extraordinaire~

Disney is my Therapy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlanr View Post
Hello Group. I'm Rus. I will be sailing with my wife Michelle, and a group of other friends. This is our 3rd DC. We are in 10160.
Hi All!

Rus, you are in 10164 my friend, connecting with Brenda in 10166 You guys can literally open up the wall between verandahs and have the whole back of deck ten to yourselves

I am holding out til my August cruise before committing to Oct 2013. Hoping to grab 10160 or 10660 when hubby and me sail the Magic out of NY. The 10% booking discount and extra credit (or reduced deposit - whatever they are offering at the time) should be worth waiting for. We shall see...

°O°The Key to Happiness is Self Delusion°O°

tiggerwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-04-2012, 04:18 AM   #63
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club

Hey all! Just wanted to say "hello"! Our thread is so quiet....Even thought we have 2 cruises before this one, we've actually been doing some planning for this one. The theme is "non-DCL excursions".......

In Costa Maya, we are going to be heading over to Tropicante. In Grand Caymen, I *think" we will be doing Captain Marvin's (Stingray City & a beach stop), and at Cozumel, we like DCL's Fury Catamaran Sail Snorkel & Beach Party, so in the year leading up to this cruise, I'll be exploring possibly doing that on our own too if it's possible.

We are going on a Western December 8th, but aren't doing much, as the weather in Dec will more than likely be a little chilly for us.....

What is everyone else planning?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder

Last edited by Silverfox97; 08-04-2012 at 10:37 AM.
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:52 AM   #64
tiggerwannabe
Optimistic Realist~

Disney is my Therapy~

By this time next week I will be on the Magic and will have my Oct 2013 reservation made! Hubby (my non-cruiser) is already balking about sailing for a weekend, so, it looks like my DD will be my sailing buddy for October

When we do our excursions we stick with Disney's only because I never want to be the family left at the dock having literally missed our boat : /

Old 08-04-2012, 09:08 AM   #65
kendzee94
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerwannabe View Post
Hi All!

Rus, you are in 10164 my friend, connecting with Brenda in 10166 You guys can literally open up the wall between verandahs and have the whole back of deck ten to yourselves

I am holding out til my August cruise before committing to Oct 2013. Hoping to grab 10160 or 10660 when hubby and me sail the Magic out of NY. The 10% booking discount and extra credit (or reduced deposit - whatever they are offering at the time) should be worth waiting for. We shall see...
We're in 10664, so we may be neighbors!!!!

kendzee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:12 AM   #66
kendzee94
DIS Veteran

We are going on the Magic in September 2012 with the great DVC pricing we got! It is weird to plan a cruise less than 60 days out. It feels like I just made my reservation and we're going in 40ish days! I have been on the other thread and facebook back for that cruise, therefore MIA here. I will resume my planning for this cruise once I'm done with that and our WDW trip in October.

kendzee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:49 AM   #67
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerwannabe
When we do our excursions we stick with Disney's only because I never want to be the family left at the dock having literally missed our boat : /
We used to be like that - took us until our 6th cruise to go off on our own, but the boards made us feel very comfortable in going with Bernard's Tour in St. Maarten. We had an amazing experience with them. Saw more of St Maarten than any DCL excursion & it was only $40/person. We were back in plenty of time before we left (like 90 minutes).

Captain Marvin's is another highly recommended group on the DIS by many folks, so I'm not worried there either.

Tropicante is a resort that you hop on a cab to, so if we miss the boat, it's our fault!!

I'm ready to safely branch out

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Old 08-04-2012, 12:24 PM   #68
tiggerwannabe
Optimistic Realist~

Disney is my Therapy~

@ Kendzee, nice!

My last trip to Orlando was last January, I am so ready to get back into Disney mode....

Great info on the excursion companies, I will def keep them in mind as planning progresses.

Old 08-05-2012, 01:24 PM   #69
abitagirl916
Disneymaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97 View Post
Hey all! Just wanted to say "hello"! Our thread is so quiet....Even thought we have 2 cruises before this one, we've actually been doing some planning for this one. The theme is "non-DCL excursions".......
In Costa Maya, we are going to be heading over to Tropicante. In Grand Caymen, I *think" we will be doing Captain Marvin's (Stingray City & a beach stop), and at Cozumel, we like DCL's Fury Catamaran Sail Snorkel & Beach Party, so in the year leading up to this cruise, I'll be exploring possibly doing that on our own too if it's possible.
We are going on a Western December 8th, but aren't doing much, as the weather in Dec will more than likely be a little chilly for us.....
What is everyone else planning?
We haven't really planned much yet. Still need to get together with my Aunt (she lives in a different city than us, but still here in SE Louisiana) to see what she likes to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerwannabe View Post
By this time next week I will be on the Magic and will have my Oct 2013 reservation made! Hubby (my non-cruiser) is already balking about sailing for a weekend, so, it looks like my DD will be my sailing buddy for October
I'm the same....still like to stick with Disney excursions. Only our 3rd cruise, and not comfortable yet with going on our own for anything.
Tammy & Rachel -- 2/2004 AllStar Movies; 4/2006 Pop Century; 10/2007 Disney Magic; 5/2010 AllStar Movies; 6/2011 Disney Dream Double Dip; 9/2012 Shades of Green; 2/2013 AllStar Movies; 10/2013 Disney Fantasy-Western; 9/2014 AllStar Sports; 10/2015 Disney Fantasy-Western
Old 08-05-2012, 01:28 PM   #70
abitagirl916
Disneymaniac

Also, we are going to Disney in September, 2012 and again in February, 2013. The Sepember trip is only 6 weeks away, so I guess I need to start planning for that trip. Then in February 2013, my son & daughter-in-law are taking the 2 grandkids for their first trip to Disney. So my daughter & I will be going back to Disney again! Never had Disney trips so close together before. Can't wait for all of them!
Old 08-05-2012, 07:56 PM   #71
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by abitagirl916
still like to stick with Disney excursions. Only our 3rd cruise, and not comfortable yet with going on our own for anything.
This will be our 9th DCL cruise. It takes a while to get comfortable with going off on your own. We were really gun shy for a while! Now, we realize the absurd savings!!! (Although, there are still some things I won't do on our own.)

We aren't going on any excursions on our Dec cruise at all & on our March cruise, we are going to have friends take us around in San Juan & in St Thomas are taking a cab to Maegans Bay beach (maybe even squeeze in a trip up to Paradise Point depending on time).

We have been going to a WDW water park once every week this summer & start our bi-weekly day trips back on Aug 17th. We are actually spending a long weekend in Oct there, too. It never gets old

Old 08-05-2012, 09:38 PM   #72
abitagirl916
Disneymaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97 View Post
This will be our 9th DCL cruise. It takes a while to get comfortable with going off on your own. We were really gun shy for a while! Now, we realize the absurd savings!!! (Although, there are still some things I won't do on our own.)

We aren't going on any excursions on our Dec cruise at all & on our March cruise, we are going to have friends take us around in San Juan & in St Thomas are taking a cab to Maegans Bay beach (maybe even squeeze in a trip up to Paradise Point depending on time).

We have been going to a WDW water park once every week this summer & start our bi-weekly day trips back on Aug 17th. We are actually spending a long weekend in Oct there, too. It never gets old

It must be so nice to live so close to WDW. My dream is to someday move to either the Orlando area, or, at least within an hour or so of WDW. Being I live in Louisiana, I can't go to the World as much as I would like. If I did live close, I believe I would go really often like you are able to do.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:45 PM   #73
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by abitagirl916

It must be so nice to live so close to WDW. My dream is to someday move to either the Orlando area, or, at least within an hour or so of WDW. Being I live in Louisiana, I can't go to the World as much as I would like. If I did live close, I believe I would go really often like you are able to do.
Yes, one hour is perfect for us Our driveway to WDW is 72 miles, so it takes 1 hr to get there (& only a 2 hr drive to Port Canaveral). We chose Tampa because we'd be 1 hr to WDW & 1 hr to the Gulf beaches. We like Tampa better - we get a breeze so it's not sweltering summer heat like in Orlando, and it has less tourist traffic. I can truly say I love our town!!

Now, if we were rich, I'd take a vacation condo in Celebration ANY DAY!!!!!! A girl can dream, can't she?

I'd love to visit Louisiana some day!! It's on my "visit wish list."

Old 08-10-2012, 09:28 PM   #74
DCW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97
This is a video of the Cat 8A double porthole room (5022) across the hall from ours - shows the mini-suite idea:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcI-5...layer_embedded
Could not get the video to load can you check it, we'd love to see it

Trip History:

2013 Oct DS 18th Birthday on the Fantasy, Western
2012 MR on The Wonder
2007 Magic, Eastern,
1994 Royal Caribbean Honeymoon cruise MR
1992 WDW
Countless trips to DL (grew up there)

DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:43 PM   #75
ssanders79