Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2013, 08:21 PM   #676
HeddyRuth
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendzee94 View Post
Great, thanks. From the pictures, it looks like 6-8 are fabulous! I will let you (and everyone) know what we (hopefully) get!
We stayed in 9 last year but ā very large (but beautiful) palm tree blocked our view of the ship. Our youngest was two at the time and they even brought us a pack n play!

HeddyRuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:48 PM   #677
abitagirl916
Disneymaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeddyRuth View Post
Thanks! I think it might be nice to meet a few people especially for my girls. I have been on one Disney cruise previously but only a four day Disney Dream, so we are really looking forward to this.

One question I had was regarding formal night which we did not have on the shorter cruise. My girls will be dressed in princess gowns and I know that Disney is a little less formal over all than other cruise lines I have heard. Would I look out of place in a full length dress?
Although I do not plan on wearing a full length dress, many ladies do, and you will not look out of place. I will wear a regular length black dress on formal and semi-formal nights, changing the accessories/jacket to give it a different look. On my Dream cruise in 2011, although we only had a "dress-up" night, many ladies wore full length formal dresses.
Tammy & Rachel -- 2/2004 AllStar Movies; 4/2006 Pop Century; 10/2007 Disney Magic; 5/2010 AllStar Movies; 6/2011 Disney Dream Double Dip; 9/2012 Shades of Green; 2/2013 AllStar Movies; 10/2013 Disney Fantasy-Western; 9/2014 AllStar Sports; 10/2015 Disney Fantasy-Western
abitagirl916 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-29-2013, 11:02 PM   #678
adrianna_sarah
Mother of two curious little monkeys!

Formals and such

Quote:
Thanks! I think it might be nice to meet a few people especially for my girls. I have been on one Disney cruise previously but only a four day Disney Dream, so we are really looking forward to this.

One question I had was regarding formal night which we did not have on the shorter cruise. My girls will be dressed in princess gowns and I know that Disney is a little less formal over all than other cruise lines I have heard. Would I look out of place in a full length dress?
I recall many people in floor length formals on both 4 and 7 night cruises. I usually wear a ball gown, and hubby usually wears his Mess Blues (Hubba Hubba!), though we didn't for our Europe cruise as we didn't want to have to drag all that with us. For that formal night, I wore a dressier maxi sundress and sandals, and hubs wore a light sport coat. We didn't feel out of place that night, and quite frankly might do it again for ease of packing.

On another note, we don't tend to take our kids to dinner after the first night. They lack the patience to sit through four courses and prefer to eat pizza or buffet and then go to the Club with their friends. We usually request a four top table (no tablemates) and enjoy peaceful date nights. Of course we still tip for four.
adrianna_sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 12:54 PM   #679
kendzee94
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We stayed in 9 last year but ā very large (but beautiful) palm tree blocked our view of the ship. Our youngest was two at the time and they even brought us a pack n play!
That's exactly the info I was looking for!!! Thanks!

And I don't think you will be out of place in a floor length gown. I look at it that it's one of my few times we all get to dress up as a family.

kendzee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 02:18 PM   #680
mrssmiddy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
That's exactly the info I was looking for!!! Thanks!

And I don't think you will be out of place in a floor length gown. I look at it that it's one of my few times we all get to dress up as a family.
This is our first 7 night, so our first formal night. I'll have to take a look at what I have (that still fits! LOL) and see how dressed up we could get. DH does have his AF mess dress, bet he never thought he would have anywhere to wear that again. Of course we may run out of room to pack...so we may just go with something a little more casual. Guess we will see!

Disney Fantasy 7-Night Western Caribbean - May 2014
Disney Fantasy 7-Night Western Caribbean - October 2013
Disney Dream 5-Night - July 2012
Disney Dream 5-Night - August 2011
mrssmiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:14 AM   #681
hrarcham
Mouseketeer

Stopping by to say "hi" again
I come by often to keep up to date on all the happenings here on the thread - but I just don't get the time to write!!!!

So excited for our cruise - not too long now! Keep reminding the kids that the time will fly with the end of the year school events, a busy summer, and beginning of the year school events! Scheesh! Before we know it, we'll be boarding!!! Yeah!

Do any of you computer savy people know how to link to the threads that specifically talk about our group's organized events? I can't find them all and I forget what I signed up for - sorry "mommy brain"! Geesh - cut me a break... between The Roaming Knome, FE, Champagne Girls, Dis meet (anything else????) I'm so confused!!! Please help - quick links would be great!!!!

I've been spending my time looking at some special outfits for the kiddos. Trying to decide to buy or sew my own. Anyone else addicted to tiny tot boutique items? Does your family do the matching shirt thing? Would love to but I think the HUBS would veto it How about custom pillowcases or umbrella markers? People online are just SO creative!!!! On our last cruise with DCL, I made the kids surprise baskets with trinkets and toys from "Mickey". Does anyone do that too? How are you making your trip "magical"? Would love to hear your ideas Please share!!!!
2003 Disney Cruise 7day Western Carribean
2004 Fort Wilderness Campground
2005 Fort Wilderness Campground
2006 AnimalKingdomLodge Disney Cruise 7day
Eastern Carribean
2009 Disney off site
2011 Disney Cruise - Vow Renewal PJ http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2456176
hrarcham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:17 AM   #682
HeddyRuth
Mouseketeer

Fe

I have been trying to catch up through the thread with all that has been discussed. Is it too late to join in on the fish extender? It is something I am only just learning about but my family would love to join in and I think I have some good ideas.

Thanks!

Old 05-31-2013, 08:41 AM   #683
jjgarv
Gotta get away to where the boat leaves from...

Happy Friday!

More Fridays to go!

Honeymoon 4/00 4 Day Magic and Wilderness Lodge; 3/02 7 Day Eastern Magic; 11/02 Beach Club Villas; 11/04 7 day Western Magic; 10/05 4 Day Wonder and 3 Day at Saratoga Springs; 9/06 7 Day Twice the Magic--2x Castaway Cay; 11/07 7 Day Eastern Magic; 9/08 7 Western Double Dip--2x Castaway Cay; 5/09 Villas at AKL; 10/09 7 Day Eastern Magic to St Croix; 4/10 7 Day Caribbean Princess for 10th Anniversary; 10/10 7 Day Western Magic; 10/11 7 Days B2B on the Dream; 10/12 7 Day Eastern Fantasy; 3/12 DVC Villas at Aulani; 10/13 7 Day Western Fantasy; 10/14 7 Day Western Fantasy to Jamaica
jjgarv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:48 AM   #684
Cricket5
Cricket5

Hello!

Hi there! So excited to find this thread. I'm cruising with my DH, and two DS (5 and 17!). None of us has ever cruised Disney before, and DH & DH5 have never cruised at all! We can't WAIT!!
Cricket5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:54 AM   #685
HeddyRuth
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket5 View Post
Hi there! So excited to find this thread. I'm cruising with my DH, and two DS (5 and 17!). None of us has ever cruised Disney before, and DH & DH5 have never cruised at all! We can't WAIT!!
Hi Cricket! I just joined as well. Getting very excited! We have two girls 3 and 8. This is our second Disney cruise so we know a little, but there are a lot of people here who are veterans and can answer almost any question you can throw at them.

Welcome!

Old 05-31-2013, 12:23 PM   #686
Cricket5
Cricket5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink
I put a request in to join the FB group. We are on this cruise. We booked it almost a year ago. We will celebrate our 25th Wedding anniversary onboard on October 15. So the liklihood of us changing this cruise is slim to none.
Our anniversary is also the 15th... eight years for us. Congratulations on 25!
Old 05-31-2013, 12:25 PM   #687
Cricket5
Cricket5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket5
I probably should have mentioned - I'm Melissa, DH is Ed, DS5 is Max, and DH17 is Spencer. We have a gty, so I don't know our room number yet...
Old 05-31-2013, 02:27 PM   #688
Cricket5
Cricket5

Quote:
Welcome!!

Let me know if you are interested in the FE, List #1 is closed and we have started list #2.
Is FE list #2 still open? If so, how many families would we be preparing gifties for? This will be my first Disney Cruise, so this is all new to us!

Thanks for the info!
Old 05-31-2013, 02:30 PM   #689
Amandanoel30
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket5 View Post

Is FE list #2 still open? If so, how many families would we be preparing gifties for? This will be my first Disney Cruise, so this is all new to us!

Thanks for the info!
The last time I checked there was 3 families but that could have changed bc I am on list one so idk much about list 2
Amandanoel30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 02:52 PM   #690
Cricket5
Cricket5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCW
I posted us on the thread a while ago, but then it seemed we may have to reschedule due to DS baseball (even in Oct). Well unfortunately DS had to have Tommy John surgery (pitchers elbow) so he is out for the season. Good news is that we are going to have all the mickey bars he can eat.

are there any others traveling with older teens? ds will be 17, he turns 18 day after we get home.

Also does anyone have experience with the 18-21 year olds on DCL? we are looking at a graduation cruise 2014 and now can't decide between DCL and the Oasis of the seas.

just over 8 months we are so excited.....
My DS will also be 17 at the time we cruise, although he'll be a junior.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: